IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

We just have a different perspective on this. If Kaci’s name was Kaci Jo to honor Kelly Jo that would have been the same as Jadon’s name Jadon Carl honoring Jimmy Carl. And Jimmy Carl went by JC , so that’s why it makes the same initials more meaningful in my opinion.

Also my opinion, if Whitney and Zach had thought they had properly acknowledged Kelly with Kaci’s name, they would have chosen a cuter middle name for Lily than Jo.

Lily Jo is very southern sounding. So I’m sure many southerners think it’s a perfectly fine name. If you look at popular names by state on the SSA baby name site, you would notice the difference in popular southern names compared to names out west or the New England area. I’m betting a middle name of Jo is more popular amongst southerners than some other parts of the country. 

I am Southen but it is so strange to me that every child name is an honor name.  We look in the family tree but nothing really stuck out so we picked up a baby name book from the library. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Longhairedheathen said:

I am Southen but it is so strange to me that every child name is an honor name.  We look in the family tree but nothing really stuck out so we picked up a baby name book from the library. 

I never wanted more than 2 kids. But I bet if I had 5 like them, all of them would have at least one honor name. I think it’s just personal preference. 

On 8/17/2023 at 4:41 AM, Keys said:

For some reason, a video of a woman free-birthing in the ocean popped up on my Facebook feed, and I watched with horror as I thought “INFECTION RISK” “SALT WATER ON OPEN VAGINAL TEARS” “SALT WATER ON BABY’S SKIN/AIRWAY”. Like?! No. Just no. 

It baffles me that all things natural are getting so idealized. In the same vein is the statement re birth: „your body was built for this it knows what to do“.

In theory it‘s a nice scenario giving birth in the ocean like being surrounded by the elements. But nature is indifferent, it doesn’t care if you die. Also life was so much harder before we had proper hygiene, medication and vaccines. So many women died in childbirth and lots of children didn’t reach adulthood.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Smash! said:

It baffles me that all things natural are getting so idealized. In the same vein is the statement re birth: „your body was built for this it knows what to do“.

In theory it‘s a nice scenario giving birth in the ocean like being surrounded by the elements. But nature is indifferent, it doesn’t care if you die. Also life was so much harder before we had proper hygiene, medication and vaccines. So many women died in childbirth and lots of children didn’t reach adulthood.  

I read somewhere that when people were nomadic, diseases weren’t a huge killer. Because people didn’t live in huge groups in the same place all the time. So people didn’t live in overpopulated cities with poor sanitation practices. They traveled from place to place in groups that weren’t enormous. That way when someone did get sick, yes it could wipe out a huge portion of that group, but it often would stay just with that group. Because they weren’t constantly interacting with a bunch of other nomadic groups. Yes, they did interact, but if here was some sort of outbreak, it wasn’t that hard to stay isolated from others and not spread it around. So things like the bubonic plague became more of a killer when large groups stayed together in one place like a city and didn’t have the best waste management. That’s what I think about when I think about people saying our bodies know what to do and are meant for this. Maybe that was true thousands of years ago when we lived a nomadic life. But we’ve basically ruined all that now. It’s so easy to spread disease and infection just by the way we live now. You must take precautions. We must have vaccines, hygiene, hand washing, sterilization, disinfectants, everything. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

They're home now so the baby seems to have done well, which is great after what happened with Jadon.  Party of 7 in the 'little' Bates house now. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I read somewhere that when people were nomadic, diseases weren’t a huge killer. Because people didn’t live in huge groups in the same place all the time. So people didn’t live in overpopulated cities with poor sanitation practices. They traveled from place to place in groups that weren’t enormous. That way when someone did get sick, yes it could wipe out a huge portion of that group, but it often would stay just with that group. Because they weren’t constantly interacting with a bunch of other nomadic groups. Yes, they did interact, but if here was some sort of outbreak, it wasn’t that hard to stay isolated from others and not spread it around. So things like the bubonic plague became more of a killer when large groups stayed together in one place like a city and didn’t have the best waste management. That’s what I think about when I think about people saying our bodies know what to do and are meant for this. Maybe that was true thousands of years ago when we lived a nomadic life. But we’ve basically ruined all that now. It’s so easy to spread disease and infection just by the way we live now. You must take precautions. We must have vaccines, hygiene, hand washing, sterilization, disinfectants, everything. 

Not just infection, but everything. Sometimes our bodies actually don’t know what to do. Some people don’t go into labour. Some have their water break but no contractions (infection risk). Some have a pelvis that’s too narrow for babe to pass through, or they grow a babe that’s too big for their pelvis. Some people get preeclampsia or gestational diabetes or cholestasis or their babe just doesn’t tolerate labour because they have a knot in their cord or the cord is tight around the neck or so many other reasons. This is why I get upset with this “free birthing” stuff, and negativity around medical interventions in pregnancy and delivery. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I had some usually relatively minor complication with every birth, but they all required someone trained to deal with it and usually a hospital.  I had risked out of birthing center births and with the first one and when she got stuck and then had a decel, I was glad we were already in the hospital.  

• Upvote 3

I found an OB I liked and you can pry my hospital birthing options out of my cold, dead hands.  I like having emergency intervention seconds away and oxygen on tap if needed for the baby.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
riffles
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

55 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I found an OB I liked and you can pry my hospital birthing options out of my cold, dead hands.  I like having emergency intervention seconds away and oxygen on tap if needed for the baby.

I also wanted to give birth in a hospital. I think I would have been a basket case otherwise. As a history major, I knew all too well that things can go very wrong. 

The epidural was good too. I was wishy washy with my first whether or not I should get one. But ultimately decided I was in a lot of pain so I should. Best decision. I think one of the first things I said to the nurse with my second was that I wanted an epidural. The sooner the better. 😆

• Upvote 3

On 8/20/2023 at 1:12 AM, Keys said:

Not just infection, but everything. Sometimes our bodies actually don’t know what to do.

Exactly. I’m wondering how people who believe “your body knows what to do” justify those cases that go horribly wrong. Was it just God’s plan? Was it the woman’s fault because she didn’t believe enough in God?

• Upvote 3

They seem to be home and they must all be fine because Whitney is back doing ads disguised as posts. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Dbm said:

The other K name was Kimberly 😂, they also thought about Sofia jo  

I didn't know that Kelly's original name was Lisa lol 😅

It’s so funny that the other K name was a Kardashian name, but not one of the ones suspected like Kylie or Kendall.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Whitney also explained that four of her kids’ middle names were honoring a grandparent and Khloe’s was the same as hers.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6abaa3474afdee3d984e3ab5e032d4b6.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

57 minutes ago, Dbm said:

The other K name was Kimberly 😂, they also thought about Sofia jo  

Lisa was the number one girl name for a lot of the 1960s so I’m not surprised. Lisa Marie was probably the most popular combo. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

So there’s one thing that concerns me but maybe I’m totally wrong, I’m not sure. In the recently published photos with the new baby, Jadon’s head is shaved. Bradley on the other hand doesn’t have a shaved head so that’s not “just the way Zach and Whitney style their sons”. And I wonder if that was a punishment for something. What do you guys think? The photos make me extremely uneasy, but it’s possible I just imagine things. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

So there’s one thing that concerns me but maybe I’m totally wrong, I’m not sure. In the recently published photos with the new baby, Jadon’s head is shaved. Bradley on the other hand doesn’t have a shaved head so that’s not “just the way Zach and Whitney style their sons”. And I wonder if that was a punishment for something. What do you guys think? The photos make me extremely uneasy, but it’s possible I just imagine things. 

I doubt it. I could think of a few reasons. Lice being one issue. Or he could have gotten something in his hair like gum and she just shaved it. Or he could hate his hair being brushed. So she just shaved it until he is older and tolerates brushing.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I don’t think it’s an issue. Jadon’s hair is so light, it’s hard to see. He has a short crew cut. Bradley’s hair is longer on top, but it’s also very short in the back. Jadon probably doesn’t like getting his hair cut, so this style is the quickest choice and requires no maintenance.

Picture of Bradley’s hair to see how short his is in the back.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7f5beb3ac13c36caf3eb047cf32ee7de.png

• Upvote 4

On 8/19/2023 at 4:44 PM, Smash! said:

Natures way is to keep the strong and away with the weak. Fundies possibly don’t understand this fact. 🥺

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa was the number one girl name for a lot of the 1960s so I’m not surprised. Lisa Marie was probably the most popular combo. 

Lots of Lisa Marie’s and Donna Marie’s in Lancashire after Lisa Marie Presley was born. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Dbm said:

Wait, what?

12 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

As per Whitney:

Screenshot_20230826-235448_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

I know a lot of people who chose one name for a baby and after a day or two, decided on a different name when they actually filled out the paperwork for the baby. My sister did this with one of her kids. And know others who did this as well. They just thought the name didn’t fit after calling the baby the name for 48 hours.