IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

Just now, Melissa1977 said:

bit... I don't know how to explain it, no offense but it's like paying for the job. Women gives a child to her husband, then he (or his parents!) rewards her. Very patriarchal.

This!

Also, while husbands cannot take over the birthing part, they can still do a lot! They can do all the chores to let the new mom recover, do the cooking and laundry and cleaning, take parental leave and take care of the baby 100% (not just “babysitting” a clean and happy baby for an hour)… worth a lot more and showing a lot more appreciation than some ring or necklace!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I would for sure rather my husband take time off work to help me recover and adjust to the new family dynamics than spend money on a present for me.  If he's going to spend 10k maybe he can just take like 2 months off instead (one can dream).  I suppose if people want it and they can afford it, whatever works for them.

• I Agree 5

This week's video says Baby #3 on the thumbnail. Clickbait. It's just Layla saying she wants a baby sister. 

They did mention that they have a new hire starting at the boutique. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

This week's video says Baby #3 on the thumbnail. Clickbait. It's just Layla saying she wants a baby sister. 

They did mention that they have a new hire starting at the boutique. 

It's probably because one of their long time friends, who also works at the boutique, is getting married and moving away. Katie, Carlin, and Whitney are all going to her bridal shower today per their stories. They hired a replacement.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Katie is going to be the matron of honor at this friend’s wedding. Addee is also a bridesmaid. Gil/Kelly and all of the kids at home, Zach/Whit, Carlin/Evan, and Lawson/Tiff are also invited.  Then I stopped nosing around on The Knot so that’s all I discovered. Although the bride also had nine siblings (might have lost count) listed in the wedding party.

• Thank You 2
  • Love 1

They are getting married on a Thursday in June. I am assuming that was all that was available for the rest of this year and on short notice because they just got engaged back in February. Kind of like why Tiffany & Lawson got married on a Thursday. They probably could have gotten married on a Friday or Saturday if they had waited till the following year. And he's came to TN for college (I am assuming Crown) so that's probably why she is moving. They are going to live back where he is from after they are married, most likely.

ETA: It looks like he is from MO because that is where they are asking any gifts to be mailed to.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

They are getting married on a Thursday in June. I am assuming that was all that was available for the rest of this year and on short notice because they just got engaged back in February. Kind of like why Tiffany & Lawson got married on a Thursday. They probably could have gotten married on a Friday or Saturday if they had waited till the following year. And he's came to TN for college (I am assuming Crown) so that's probably why she is moving. They are going to live back where he is from after they are married, most likely.

ETA: It looks like he is from MO because that is where they are asking any gifts to be mailed to.

These people never wait long because SEXY TIMES Y'ALL.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

These people never wait long because SEXY TIMES Y'ALL.

Probably, but looking at their engagement photos, they definitely have had a more touchy-feely relationship compared to the Bates girls. I also wonder if he has a job waiting for him back in MO. She said she met him though a mutual friend. They talked for a little bit till he returned to TN for college in the summer of 2022 and that is when they met in person. I wonder if he graduates this spring? Or he already did and has been working back in MO?

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3

My mother already got a pushpresent from my father so its definitely not new. The Dutch term for it is 'baargoud', implying it should be gold (or at least jewelry). I got it as well from my husband but its not really about the value and the reward for pushing out a baby, I always saw it more as memorabilia for the birth of your child, like a keepsake. I remember seeing an influencer getting a car and that seemed so not logical for me, since you will not have a that car forever. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1