IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counting on - licking frosting and mexican sausage - part 3

At Jessa and Bin's house - Michelle, Joy, and littles show up. THey're going to buy bridemaids dresses. Jana talks about how its "one right after the other" and there has to be atleast 6 months between weddings to help us all.

Michelle asks what she's thinking.  I'm pretty sure I can see her knees through the black stockings.

Joy will have 12 bridesmaids.

They're ordering the dresses online.  Jana says you have to order them with enough time to return them if they arent good.  She doesnt care if the stles are different so long as the faric is the same.

Jessa - we've all done differnt dresses.  Flashbacks to all the dresses and cinderjana working.  Jinger's were custom made.  Mine werent altered. Joy is doing different cuts.

They crowd around the computer and look at dresses. Jill is tha matron of honor, they're the closest. Of course, she'll be pregnant so... gotta look at prego dresses.

Jessa - I was super into choosing the clothing. Joy doesnt like shopping so this is a stretch. She was overwhelmed so I offered to take it over.

Someone is in the background taking care of the lttles, they're blurred so I cant tell who.

Michelle winds up with henry. He's sleeping.

At Jostin's house they start working on the house. They'll do demo. They're going to do work over teh next 3 weeks, do electrical and plumbing, and then they'll sheetrock and paint.  They likely wont paint before tehy're married.

Austin - this would normally take 6 months alone. Maybe we can get it done in 25 days. If its not done, maybe we;ll get an apartment or a camper.

Jessa - they're doing awesome things to up the value so if they resell it will sell for more.

Josiah - We'll likely be asked to hang out so they'll have a chaperone and get work done.

Its their 4th house together.  Renovation teaches them to work together. Its not always fun.

Jessa - I worked with ben when he was doing lawncare and maintenance.

They keep ripping up the house. Joy drops stuff.

Austin hits a problem - the ceiling joists are two different heights in the two rooms they're joining.  They wont be able to carry her over the threshold. They wont have one.

Austin gives her a package wtih  a piece of his mom's dress to add to the dress.  

Jinger explains teh tradition of incorporating dresses into current dresses. Joy thinks it was sweet for her to add a piece of that dress to hers.

At benessa's house... Spurge gets cheese.  Henry is sleeping in a rock n play. Spurge has veggies in his pocket.

Ben explains that his personality is developing and tries to do things that are funny.  He's getting more perceptive.

Ben plays with henry. Jessa says his routine is coo, eat, sleep, poop.

Ben takes spurge to get changed and ready for bed.  Jessa takes henry andhe gets spurge (who has a nasty skinned knee). Ben and spurge wrestle, which is spurge's favortie thing. He climbs on bens' back.  Ben says its good bonding time and it helps to build their relationship as he gets older. Its really cute.

Ben says they work together as a team and its more tested as the babies each have a set of needs.  They have to work together.  Spurge farts on ben.

Jessa and Ben value their alone time when the kids are in bed. Its challenging to find time for eachother.  They keep a bed time so they have time as a couple.

I never really trust Jill's usage of her personal Doppler. I hope she knows what to listen for. I've looked those up and it takes a trained ear to really distinguish the fetal heartbeat from the other internal sounds

from baby center: The problem is that anything that moves inside you (whether it's your baby kicking, air moving in your intestines, or blood flowing in your arteries) is also translated into sound. It takes lots of training and practice to distinguish a baby's heartbeat from the other sounds. And even if you do find the heartbeat, you're not likely to recognize changes in rate or rhythm that may indicate a problem.

Jill - just stop with the midwife knowledge shit.  You don't know Jack Squat. As you've proven with two very effed up deliveries.

I just can't anymore with her stupidity. 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

how long were they in SCA - five months - these people are insane 

Try 3 months (February 16 to May 20)

Just now, Bethella said:

Try 3 months (February 16 to May 20)

doesn't make them less insane :D 

a lot can happen in three months.  Return to zero the movie with Minnie Driver comes to mind

Countin on - do it yourself ultrasounds, safer than danger amerika - part 4

In sintral amerika - Izzy holds up his shirt to listen to baby samuel.  Jill shows off her bump.

Jana - we keep up with her through video and its good to hear the updates.

Jill - we're going to do an at home prenatal.

Derick puts the ultrasound on her.

Jill - its going well so far, PTL I dont want any complications.

Derick got a crash course of the doppler. They listen to the baby and then listen to Israel's heartbeat. Flashback to listening to Izzy as a baby.

Jill - I am a CPN, it comes in handy because we're out of the country and I cant recieve routine care.  If you see high BP you may thing stress or pre ecclampsia. I have seen my mom go through that and its scary. Statistics say you are more likely to have it if your mother had it.  Baby looks good and grwin gon target.

Back at the TTH the bridesmaids are there to try on the dresses.  Jana is going to help out.

Kendra is going to be a bridesmaid and will "look great."  She giggles for fuck sake AGAIN

JInger - when youre asked to be a bridesmaid youre excited then worried about what you have to wear.  They throw a dress at Jessa who is breast feeding.

Kendra tries hers on.  They say it looks good with her hair.  Jessa says kendra is "a precious girl."

They all try them on and hold up Jill's so she can see it. Jill thinks its so cute.  Its the only one with weird lace on the arms.  Jessa tries it on and its "stretchy" because shes pregnant.  It is sooper special becuase its floor length. They discuss that one has pockets.

Jana talks about joy as a little girl, flashbacks of duggars past.

Jessa - she will be greatly missed and it will be hard for the siblings. Transitions are hard.

All the dresses are mediums. Sierra laughs with krazy eyes.

Next week

25 days to the wedding. Going to kentucky to buy a dress. Jinger is there

Bin is a single dad at the park

Josie cries at the dress shop.

YAWN

They really went all the way to Kentucky to end up putting together that mess of a dress? Joy would have done better to go to some site like ModCloth and pick out one of the modest wedding-suitable dresses on there, or something like that. Oh, wait. Then they couldn't have specially mangled a not-modest-enough dress to look MODEST!  Never mind.  This is the Duggars we are talking about.

57 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on Season who the fuck cares, episode 2 - "let them eat cake".

--

Kendra TH - I grabbed onto Joe's arm and my parents said it would be ok to hold onto his arm to keep balance but not his hand.

1. Wait, is that what the episode is actually called?? Because I can totally see them blasting people who need/use food stamps and Marie Antoinette style telling them if they just pray to Jesus, they too can eat cake.

2. No holding hands, yes holding arms. Hm...that's confusing. Can I get a list of which body parts courting couples can hold and which they can't?

33 minutes ago, nst said:

best line ever - you get a car - no a brownie 

A car sized brownie!!

So...I thought opposite genders couldn't touch at all? But it's okay to hold your boyfriend's brother's hand or arm and you aren't defrauded, but a 4 second side hug and you might as well crumple your purity flower ?( Jane the Virgin reference)

1 hour ago, snickers34 said:

It's a Southern, perhaps specifically regional thing. It's not just the Duggars - other folks in the area say it too. But yes, it's annoying - we already know you're uneducated, and this just makes it sound worse.

For the love of God...ENOUGH with the nitpicking...there are certain regional "quirks" in language. The same with the "mama and daddy". STOP it already...great, you're fucking perfect but the rest of us aren't, even those of us who have aced English Comp in college and written professionally. 

1 hour ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

What. THE.HELL!! Her dad says its OK to rest her arm on his for balance as long as she doesn't wrap her arm around, two 3 second side hugs per day...

Where in the bible did Jesus stand there with a stop watch saying, one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi...now let go or else?

My favorite part? The quilt where JinJer were cooking. Bonus points for Jeremy doing another cooking class but minus 10 for spilling Starbucks. Minus 20 points for Austin basically saying make me a damn sandwich Joy. 

28 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

For the love of God...ENOUGH with the nitpicking...there are certain regional "quirks" in language. The same with the "mama and daddy". STOP it already...great, you're fucking perfect but the rest of us aren't, even those of us who have aced English Comp in college and written professionally. 

Holy shit. I clearly hit a nerve for you. All I was doing was explaining to a newbie here, who clearly hasn't been through this conversation multiple times like many of us, about the whole whenever vs when thing. That's it. And to imply that the Duggars are not educated cannot be the most controversial or unfounded thing ever espoused about them. I wish you the best. You're clearly going through something.

1 minute ago, snickers34 said:

Holy shit. I clearly hit a nerve for you. All I was doing was explaining to a newbie here, who clearly hasn't been through this conversation multiple times like many of us, about the whole whenever vs when thing. That's it. And to imply that the Duggars are not educated cannot be the most controversial or unfounded thing ever espoused about them. I wish you the best. You're clearly going through something.

Yeah, I'm going thru people making snotty-ass remarks about shit. You don't like the way I talk, then don't listen. You don't like the way I write, don't read it. SO sorry I'm not some Ivy League upper class bitch...I'm just a stupid redneck who is sick and tired of the superiority syndrome that's becoming so prevalent around here....

Just a question for the esteemed educated readers/writers here...can YOU pipe up a nuclear reactor? Can you figure out what kind of valves need to be used, material and size? Can you even describe the cycle that makes power? That's what this stupid, uneducated redneck bitch did for most of her professional life. My shitty grammar and southern accent didn't stop me. 

Good grief how can an episode that didn't feature Derick and Jill be so annoying?  I know endless talk of modesty and courtship rules, and then throw in a side of "let's ask the Duggars to define a word that 95% of them will be clueless about." Add in a few segments of wedding planning for a couple who's wedding as already aired, and bam, cut to me wanting to pull my hair out.

Anytime they mention the courtship rules I just feel sad. No one should have to ask their parents permission if it's OK for the person you're "courting" to help you up if you've fallen because ommggghhh your hands might touch for a second. If the Duggars are trying to mainstream themselves they are failing big time with this courtship crap. Joy is especially annoying when she talks about it, having said in prior episodes "our standards are higher than other peoples" and "we take the high road". Cause front hugs and kisses are so low class if you haven't said "I do". 

Thank you Spurgeon for giving a little redemption to this episode, you green bean hiding little rebel!

PS Jana looks great with her hair up. She's always beautiful but I almost didn't recognize her like that.

PSS Ben the 1980's called and wants its neon shirt back. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

OK good Derick is now Jill's doctor 

sounds like a great plan 

Translation: Jill is receiving no prenatal care. But that's okay because she and Derick play "midwife." Their play midwife kit even contains a doppler and blood pressure cuff!

1 hour ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I never really trust Jill's usage of her personal Doppler. I hope she knows what to listen for. I've looked those up and it takes a trained ear to really distinguish the fetal heartbeat from the other internal sounds

from baby center: The problem is that anything that moves inside you (whether it's your baby kicking, air moving in your intestines, or blood flowing in your arteries) is also translated into sound. It takes lots of training and practice to distinguish a baby's heartbeat from the other sounds. And even if you do find the heartbeat, you're not likely to recognize changes in rate or rhythm that may indicate a problem.

It doesn't take much of a trained ear. I had a Doppler I rented with my fourth pregnancy to keep my mind at ease (before I was an RN.) Fetal heart rates are faster than an adult's and sound very different from other sounds one might hear. Once you hear one it's pretty easy to pick it up. Jill has had plenty of experience using the Doppler even if her certification is substandard at best. 

But... did Jill reallllllllly need Derick to hold it and do it for her?? Please. Listening to Izzy's hr  was cute, though. 

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived