IGNORED

Karissa Collins 2: Riding Her High Horse

Coconut Flan

Karissa has been nuts and doing ridiculous and harmful stuff for years. Yet this is only our second thread! Amazing. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

They have a huge new house. She’s going to remind me more and more of Braggie. Expecting everyone to live just like her even though she is about 100 times more privileged than the average American family. 

• Upvote 3

I hadn't checked in on her in some time and wow. So she puts her eldest daughter with the baby, writes in the comments expressing concern that she wanted the baby in her room. Yet in the video, the daughter definitely said she should've had her own room near the end. Eldest daughter gets to share with a baby and the two boys get the game room with a TV and xbox. I really hope they don't have anymore children and unless they didn't show additional bedrooms, they didn't appear to plan for possible future children. Guess the only plan is to start to squeeze them in the existing rooms. 

It was also kinda weird that she asked one of the older children to take the baby so she could pick up the upset toddler instead of her husband who was nearby. I digress though. 

• Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I hadn't checked in on her in some time and wow. So she puts her eldest daughter with the baby, writes in the comments expressing concern that she wanted the baby in her room. Yet in the video, the daughter definitely said she should've had her own room near the end. Eldest daughter gets to share with a baby and the two boys get the game room with a TV and xbox. I really hope they don't have anymore children and unless they didn't show additional bedrooms, they didn't appear to plan for possible future children. Guess the only plan is to start to squeeze them in the existing rooms. 

It was also kinda weird that she asked one of the older children to take the baby so she could pick up the upset toddler instead of her husband who was nearby. I digress though. 

It’s been reported a lot that her oldest daughters are the main caregivers of the little ones. Which isn’t surprising since they all seem to do this. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/18/2023 at 12:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They have a huge new house. She’s going to remind me more and more of Braggie. Expecting everyone to live just like her even though she is about 100 times more privileged than the average American family. 

Does Mandrae have a job? Their finances, even if he does have a decently-paying job, are almost as much a mystery as the Rodrigui. I know Shaq has bought them stuff, but even his generosity doesn’t seem like it would extend to a brand new mini-mansion and a never-ending supply of matching outfits for the girls. In the relatively short time I’ve followed her, I don’t think she’s repeated an outfit, and she posts nearly every day. Does she have followers who donate this stuff? Does she use it once and then send it back? 

This is another family which looks close now, but is eventually going to splinter as the kids realize they’ve been used as unpaid childcare and social media props. The oldest two look very over it in her videos. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, postscript said:

Does Mandrae have a job? Their finances, even if he does have a decently-paying job, are almost as much a mystery as the Rodrigui. I know Shaq has bought them stuff, but even his generosity doesn’t seem like it would extend to a brand new mini-mansion and a never-ending supply of matching outfits for the girls. In the relatively short time I’ve followed her, I don’t think she’s repeated an outfit, and she posts nearly every day. Does she have followers who donate this stuff? Does she use it once and then send it back? 

This is another family which looks close now, but is eventually going to splinter as the kids realize they’ve been used as unpaid childcare and social media props. The oldest two look very over it in her videos. 

I think he has some kind of job but I honestly can’t remember what. 

• Thank You 1

According to Karissa, her husband is in "finance." Public information shows that he works for Mercedes Benz Financial Services. He is also heavily involved in basketball camps for youth and kids. Sadly, I think he only gives positive attention to his kids if they like and play basketball. His public Facebook page seems to indicate this. He likes to spend time with his two oldest who play basketball.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

So he either originates Mercedes loans and leases or attempts to collect delinquent accounts. That has the potential for decent salary, bonuses and benefits, but not enough to finance 10 kids and their grandiose style of living. Hard to tell how much Karissa’s social media brings in. 

Karissa posted a video a few days ago of the three year old (Anchor? Their names baffle me) dribbling a basketball with a comment about how much he loves it. I think all of their kids are encouraged to love basketball, much like the traveling band kids are encouraged to love music or girls in these families are encouraged to have a heart for motherhood. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, postscript said:

So he either originates Mercedes loans and leases or attempts to collect delinquent accounts. That has the potential for decent salary, bonuses and benefits, but not enough to finance 10 kids and their grandiose style of living. Hard to tell how much Karissa’s social media brings in. 

Karissa posted a video a few days ago of the three year old (Anchor? Their names baffle me) dribbling a basketball with a comment about how much he loves it. I think all of their kids are encouraged to love basketball, much like the traveling band kids are encouraged to love music or girls in these families are encouraged to have a heart for motherhood. 

This isn’t completely exclusive to fundies although it seems pretty common. I’ve seen mainstream parents pushing their kids into their preferred sport. Expecting them all to go pro. Or at least pushing them hard enough to think they have some grand delusion they will go pro. Mandrae’s children do have an advantage being above average height. And they also have the advantage of not going to school all day so they have more time to dedicate to basketball. I’m sure Mandrae expects his oldest son to go pro. I’m guessing he will push harder and harder as Andrae gets older. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

• 1 month later...

Their new house is huge. It has at least 6 bedrooms. She has been showing the children’s bedrooms and the boys have an enormous bedroom. I assume the baby will go in that room once he’s older. Because right now the room has two twin beds and large sectional couch. Plus plenty of room to spare. Here’s the thing. I get pissed when fundies try to squeeze kids in a bedroom like sardines. It’s horrible. But I also have to say that when these rich quiverful fundies have enormous houses (example: Duggars, Bateses, Collinses, and Braggies), they make it look like having this many children is easy and possible. When the vast majority of these families can’t make enough money to support their children. And they must exploit their children in order to afford to house this many children. 

• Upvote 7

Andrae is 12, is he really having to share with his 4 year old brother?

Edited by anjulibai

13 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Andrae is 12, is he really having to share with his 4 year old brother?

I can’t help but compare them to the other fundies. Who smoosh 8 girls in a small room with a maze of dressers and bunk beds. Or Jana who shared a bedroom in adulthood with 4 elementary age sisters after her other sisters married. And think that Andrae is very lucky in comparison. Anissa is the only one with her own room. 

• Upvote 8

I was just watching the room reveal videos. All except one are black and white. Very spare aesthetic, refreshing after Jill R’s crowded country chic, but those rooms don’t look like kids live in them. Where are the toys, craft supplies, sports gear, and books? 

The accent wall in the boys’ room has basketball hoop wallpaper. All I could think was “God help those kids if they don’t like basketball.” 

She credited a supplier on some of the items. I suppose decorating what she calls “extravagant” kids’ rooms is easy when you’re sponsored. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, postscript said:

I was just watching the room reveal videos. All except one are black and white. Very spare aesthetic, refreshing after Jill R’s crowded country chic, but those rooms don’t look like kids live in them. Where are the toys, craft supplies, sports gear, and books? 

The accent wall in the boys’ room has basketball hoop wallpaper. All I could think was “God help those kids if they don’t like basketball.” 

She credited a supplier on some of the items. I suppose decorating what she calls “extravagant” kids’ rooms is easy when you’re sponsored. 

It was all extremely staged. She made the kids pretend to play in the videos. It was obvious they were acting and not actually playing. I’m sure she put away everything in order for the rooms to look perfect. They probably have toys. But they likely have very big closets to store it all. In very large houses, a normal amount of stuff can make your rooms look empty. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t help but compare them to the other fundies. Who smoosh 8 girls in a small room with a maze of dressers and bunk beds. Or Jana who shared a bedroom in adulthood with 4 elementary age sisters after her other sisters married. And think that Andrae is very lucky in comparison. Anissa is the only one with her own room. 

True, but It still sucks for him. I mean I don't begrudge Anissa getting her own room, but she at least wouldn't have to share with a 4 year old. What are the configurations for the rest of all the rooms?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

True, but It still sucks for him. I mean I don't begrudge Anissa getting her own room, but she at least wouldn't have to share with a 4 year old. What are the configurations for the rest of all the rooms?

All rooms have 2 kids of the same sex except Anissa. And the baby doesn’t have a room yet (I’m guessing). I did notice the youngest girl is with an older girl. And I assume that child is in charge of her. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

All rooms have 2 kids of the same sex except Anissa. And the baby doesn’t have a room yet (I’m guessing). I did notice the youngest girl is with an older girl. And I assume that child is in charge of her. 

That's too bad. I would have sorted by age, and put the youngest 3 and then the next youngest 3 in rooms, so Andrae and Anissa could have their own rooms. Then again, I don't think there's anything wrong with toddlers and babies of the opposite sex sharing a room. 

Or if separating out genders is so important, and Anissa still has to have her own room, then Anchor and Armor could share, the 6 girls could be split 3 to a room.

I don't know, my oldest son is 11, and his very happy to no longer share a room with his 7 year old brother. I can't imagine making him share with a 4 year old.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's too bad. I would have sorted by age, and put the youngest 3 and then the next youngest 3 in rooms, so Andrae and Anissa could have their own rooms. Then again, I don't think there's anything wrong with toddlers and babies of the opposite sex sharing a room. 

Or if separating out genders is so important, and Anissa still has to have her own room, then Anchor and Armor could share, the 6 girls could be split 3 to a room.

I don't know, my oldest son is 11, and his very happy to no longer share a room with his 7 year old brother. I can't imagine making him share with a 4 year old.

I assume she just does the match up based on what’s easiest for her. So a 12 year old boy is now in charge of the 4 year old. And one of the older girls is in charge of the toddler because she shares a room with her. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I assume she just does the match up based on what’s easiest for her. So a 12 year old boy is now in charge of the 4 year old. And one of the older girls is in charge of the toddler because she shares a room with her. 

That does make sense for her logic. 

• Sad 1

I’m glad that the baby crib was moved out of the oldest daughter’s room, at least. But Karissa isn’t done having kids. She will likely have at least one more.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BensAllergies said:

I’m glad that the baby crib was moved out of the oldest daughter’s room, at least. But Karissa isn’t done having kids. She will likely have at least one more.

I assume that since the youngest baby is a boy, he will end up with the 12 and 4 year old. I don’t know when she puts them in their own room. But I’m guessing it will happen within the year. And I can’t imagine a 12 year old boy liking that.

Karissa posted pics of Shaq with her family again, in what looks like a Home Depot.  Several of the girls posed for pictures on riding mowers...I wonder if Shaq was gifting them a mower for their new big yard...and how much he was involved in the house purchase all together. Why is he so obsessed with this family?

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I assume that since the youngest baby is a boy, he will end up with the 12 and 4 year old.

My first assumption was that Anchor would end up in Anissa's room, and she would be put in charge of him for a couple of years and then move him in with the boys if/when another baby came along, and Anissa would eventually get that new baby.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

My first assumption was that Anchor would end up in Anissa's room, and she would be put in charge of him for a couple of years and then move him in with the boys if/when another baby came along, and Anissa would eventually get that new baby.

That’s a possibility too. But I will say the boys have the largest room by far. So that’s why I was thinking maybe a third might fit. Their room might be bigger than Karissa’s. It makes me wonder if it isn’t actually a bedroom but a den or rec room that they turned into a bedroom. Because it’s big.

• Upvote 2