IGNORED

Counting On: Season 4, Part 1: Back to Planet Duggarville

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

*sigh* Once again, the Duggars have come back for another season of Counting On. Joy's gonna get married, Joe's gonna propose...

You've seen this already, but you haven't seen it with TLC-goggles! Tomorrow's the day. Just look how excited I am! :tw_grimace::my_dodgy:

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[mention=11503]Buzzard[/mention] is unavailable tomorrow. Would anyone like to sub for her to recap tomorrow’s episode? If so, please send me a pm. 

Edit:@carm_88 is gonna take one for the team. Thank you ma’am.

So we just saw Joken get married and now TLC is going to force Joy's wedding down our throats again, who is already pregnant, but instead of her baby, we will see the birth of Samuel, and M5 will just get lost in the middle of cousins hatching and uncles and aunts planning weddings. By the time we see Kendra choose her dress, she may already be eight months pregnant, Joy will have her twins, Josiah's bride will just have bought a peestick to confirm her honeymoon pregnancy, John David will have just proposed, and Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Anna will all be at various stages of pregnancy, and TLC is going to have to make counting on a daily thing, or we will soon be three weddings four courtships and seven babies behind. I can't wait!

I guess I can't help but wonder how much longer this show can actually last? Does it really do that well viewership and rating wise? 

The timeline is so far behind too, at some point the show is going to end and we are going to miss seeing the storylines that happened in real life a year previously.  I suppose thats why they often start the seasons by showing us the wedding special or whatever, although now they can't even seem to keep up with that.

I wonder how they will incorporate M5 into the show, they do often give Anna scenes and talking heads but it's strange to think she will announce a pregnancy on the show without her spouse.

4 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I guess I can't help but wonder how much longer this show can actually last? Does it really do that well viewership and rating wise? 

Fundies love the baybeezzzz and the weddings and the courtships!

(Deliberate bad grammar used - the fact that this show is still airing makes me a furious Corruption!)

Why are they showing Joy and Austin's wedding? Why is the timeline so messed up? They should have started the season with Joy and Austin on their honeymoon and Joe and Kendra planning there wedding.

People magazine said Joe and Kendra' wedding special will air in October.

I feel like I could understand this show and enjoy it more if the timeline actually aired chronologically but when they show us a wedding and then the next season we watch the wedding planning I don't get how they think anybody will care. They show us the big stuff and five months later or whatever they show us the small potatoes that led up to it.

Get it together TLC!

Yes, the timeline mess is getting worse.  I think this, more than anything could lead to losing viewership, because their followers can get real time updates on the family quicker on facebook, IG and People magazine.  I don't think it should be all that hard to try to keep closer to real time.  It isn't all that complicated.  Film them, do some talking heads and then edit.  They have the ability as evidenced by how quickly they got us Joy's wedding, so why not try to do that more and more.  It might actually be more interesting if we don't all know everything before the seasons starts. 

For a family that doesn't; even allow private conversations before marriage, or dating, it seems very odd to me that they would agree to weddings being aired after pregnancy announcements have been publicly made or when women are very, very visibly pregnant. Doesn't JB have a tad bit more pull?

That's why I'm wondering what these upcoming surprises? Ideas I've brainstormed:

- Joken get to go to their honeymoon right after the wedding.

- Part of me thinks that another courtship/pregnancy announcement happened but those that were at the wedding just have to say that none of that went on because of how dang repetitive it is.

- They actually had a sit-down meal like a few jokingly suggested.

- omg maybe someone's in-laws parents getting pregnant?

My guess is a courtship was announced since for a second no one is courting in their family. I don't see JB slowing that down. But it could be pregnancy or it could be nothing.

I'm going to give the Duggar boys some storylines (I get them a bit confused since they tend to do shared talking heads, so feel free to correct names):

• Jed gets his pilot's license
  • Jer is courting the other Caldwell girl
  • Josiah is courting or writing his own book on love
  • John David dedicates his life to air ministry and we get to see him flying around with big banners about Jesus' love
  • Joe and Kendra announce they're going to college together after they're married
  • the little ones help Jana through a big picnic at her garden

Truly, I have no clue, this was filmed so long ago my only reference point is that it is before Derick decided to start twitter attacking kids from the same network and way before his bizarre tweet reminding us that yes, the Duggars are still completely obsessed with sex.

Actually, in a serious request, can someone summarize why they seem so purity and sex focused, even compared to other fundies and conservative religions? How did it rise to such prominence in their culture? Gothard? I see the disparity in the women all sharing the same strong purity sentiments, but there seems to be a lot of variation and leeway for the males.

I , too, think that there will be a courtship announcement: Probably Josiah or Jedediah (+ Lauren C.)

Also a story line for Jana and her friend Laura D., who moved it, how they run the household, the garden and maybe another business together?

We will see JD flying around the country together with Josiah.

I've been thinking about if a joint effort from us to give them less clicks and views,  would it impact TLC's decisions to keep the Duggars on? Of course, it's not our responsibility, it's (mostly) TLC's. The right thing to do for the network would be to drop this family; or at least put them against the wall, confront them about their horrible beliefs and destructive lifestyle. 

It's easy for me to say all this though since I don't live in the states, neither do I own a tv! I can't watch the show in real time. But I'm gonna try to stop watching every single clip of Counting On that TLC puts up on their official youtube page. Just one more... ;) 

Another courtship is a must. Since even by Duggar standard's Johanna isn't quite there yet, it will be a guy. Probably the one who likes Kendra's sister.

Also a blurb worked in somehow on how JB/JMch are "ministering" to those precious grandparents so they can raise up precious Godly granbabies.....

Here's my list of maybes:

The local=enough marrieds, sans Josh/Anna, go on a date and speculate on how tired Joken are at this stage of their honeymoon.

Josiah takes James to do open mike night at a Christian Coffee House

Jackson learns to read CAT and A big brother takes him flying to celebrate

It is discovered that Jana keeps ordering from Amazon so the hot UPS guy comes to the door each day. Today he brings a rose and a Bible. (The Bible is a cover to make him look legit to JB).

Jana single-handedly cans eleventy-hundred jars of pickles with Josie singing off key the whole time.

JB does the Gothard-Version-of-Tinder profile AGAIN for Jana.

Insert other media

8 hours ago, Queen said:

I've been thinking about if a joint effort from us to give them less clicks and views,  would it impact TLC's decisions to keep the Duggars on? Of course, it's not our responsibility, it's (mostly) TLC's. The right thing to do for the network would be to drop this family; or at least put them against the wall, confront them about their horrible beliefs and destructive lifestyle. 

I don't think that we're the target audience or the ones keeping it going. Just one glance at Jessa's fairly large Instagram following and keeping in mind that those comments probably only represent the younger crowd (and not their parents, aunts/uncles, grandmas who may watch this "wholesome show"), there are probably enough leghumpers to keep this going. As much as we think it's absurd to be paying these people anything to bore us once a week, it's a relatively cheap show to produce.

But they do rely on "events" and so there will have to be a wedding a season. Lots of Duggar men there to get married off before we get down to Johannah. Plus there is Jana. The only other thing going on is pregnancy after endless pregnancy and those are only mildly interesting for the 1st baby of each couple (and really, does anybody care about the JoKen baby?). So they have to hope for twins or like 5 or 6 being pregnant and due around the same time. Gosh jolly will Jill be able to deliver two simultaneously? One on the couch, one in the toilet next door?

What I really don't understand about the timeline fudging is it doesn't even make any sense.  TLC are choosing to air the new series just after each wedding but focusing on the previous wedding.  Of course having the first series episode so close to the wedding means they can't open with that, but of course they could run this series following everything we all know has happened, with the finale being the Joe & Kendra wedding. 

It makes absolutely no sense doing it this way, if the current series is focusing on Joy/Austin wedding and Joe/Kendra Courtship.  The only way it would work sensibly is so episode 2 was about Joy/Austin wedding and Joe/Kendra Courtship, then fast forward the series up to current times - so the Joy/Austin part of the story would be Ep 3 honeymoons; Ep 4, learning to live together; then fast forwarding through so 3rd from end = Joy/Austin pregnancy; penultimate = build-up to Joe/Kendra wedding; then the final ep = Joe/Kendra episode - with the other stuff mixed in and similarly fast forwarded.  Then next series starts on what's happened between now and then (so Kendra/Joe honeymoon, pregnancy announcement, next Courting, so next series finishes with that latest wedding)

Looking at the ages of the Duggar kids, we're likely to have at least 1, if not 2 weddings a year for the next few, and at least 2 kids, so there'll be almost too much action to pack in as it is, unless they decide 1 couple/part of the family is worth a spin-off.

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Gosh jolly will Jill be able to deliver two simultaneously? One on the couch, one in the toilet next door?

You Just KNOW they will get a a season with all of the wives (except Michelle) pregnant at once. As sure as Lucy and Ethel ate that candy on the assembly line....

That seemed like such a short break. Ugh now ai have to choose between this and Bachelor in Paradise. I have been thinking about how Counting On and The Bachelor franchise have quite a bit in common. They both showcase engagements of virtual strangers, on air first kisses, dates where the couples are never on their own, and at some point in the season someone pops onto the screen leaving viewers wondering "who is that?" either with a random contestant with no storyline or a Lost Boy.

The only thing that will surprise me if is Jinger and Jeremy decide to adopt and they adopt twins

Otherwise who will care?

5 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

That seemed like such a short break. Ugh now ai have to choose between this and Bachelor in Paradise. .

or do what I am doing - I ordered all seven seasons of Californication :D 

What's most ridiculous about these timelines is that half the episodes don't have anything remotely plot-worthy in them. And last season, a two-part aftershow? Smh...

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic

No cable here in One Kidville so I'll be reading the recaps tomorrow. @Carm_88 may Rufus bless you and keep you as you walk into the valley of Duggar.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived