IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

I love pumpkin and pumpkin spice everything. I’m so disappointed that I can’t buy pumpkin spice goldfish crackers where I live. I tried some last autumn when my sister and I took the kids to Disney World. They were awesome! 
Canadian Thanksgiving is next week and I’m going to try making a dairy-free pumpkin pie so my daughter can try some. Superstore just started carrying a President’s Choice plant based evaporated milk. Fingers crossed it works out.

• Upvote 6

ugh slurping sounds. eating sounds in general. just no.

I'm so tired of their videos where they drive around getting food.

Get a freaking hobby. Do an activity.

I want to say maybe this time had broken me of the bad habit of watching their videos in the slow part of my saturday afternoon....but somehow his click bait gets me again.

Fortunately, all the videos lately look especially useless so that's helped.

• Upvote 6

The thumbnail is not in any way appealing to me. They clearly tell what they're doing, no click to see more, really, unless one gives a shit about which place was best. 

I know I don't care.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

I thought the overexaggerated coffee slurping audio bit was funny. It wasn't them. It was like stock sound footage. 

If you suffered from misophonia you wouldn't find it funny at all. It was excruciating until I was able to shut it off.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

The thumbnail is not in any way appealing to me. They clearly tell what they're doing, no click to see more, really, unless one gives a shit about which place was best. 

I know I don't care.

oh no - don't give him ideas! He's already addicted to click bait titles and descriptions

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2023 at 10:58 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I don't know what I'd do with soy pumpkin creamer though??

I was thinking it might work in the cookie recipe you mentioned. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

There's candles and essential oil type drops and room sprays and room plug in thingies

in addition to drinks.

there's cookies, cakes, breads, pies, I think I've seen ice cream. I've seen some sort of pumpkin flavored oreo I think??

and in America - who knows if pumpkin is in anything - all natural is just a marketing term and "pumpkin X" doesn't have to have pumpkin in it anyway. 

There are laws about this. Ingredients lists can be vague in some ways, but they have to state if there are known allergens, for example, and are not allowed to say something contains items it does not in fact contain. 

And there is, as JermajestyDuggar mentioned, a distinct different between "pumpkin spice" and pumpkin. If a candle was pumpkin-scented rather than pumpkin spice-scented, I think it would probably not be as popular. 🙂

It annoyed me for years that people thought pumpkin spice had pumpkin in it, but I have mostly given up on people. If it had been marketed initially as pumpkin pie spice, like the little jar you can buy, likely no one would have expected there to be pumpkin in random things, which is why Starbucks started adding it to their sauce a few years ago, but it wouldn't have been as good a name to initialize. For the first 12 years of PSL, there was no pumpkin added, because just why. 

Incidentally, I made some pumpkin spice sauce a couple weeks ago, for kicks. But I didn't really enjoy it in my coffee, and haven't decided what else I might use it for. 

• Upvote 5

I love pumpkin. All winter squash really. They come in so many colors and shapes and sizes! I make pumpkin soups, pumpkin pie, roasted pumpkin/veggies/chicken, roast pumpkin w/honey glaze on salad, braised pork and pumpkin stew (cooked in beer), pumpkin ravioli, etc. Pro tip: peel your pumpkin with a fruit/tomato peeler — it’s super easy and fast. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Canadian Thanksgiving is next week and I’m going to try making a dairy-free pumpkin pie so my daughter can try some. Superstore just started carrying a President’s Choice plant based evaporated milk. Fingers crossed it works out.

I used this recipe last year. It was super easy and everyone liked it. I haven't found plant based evaporated milk yet so I've never tried it that way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I used to make a vegan pumpkin pie with silken tofu that usually went over very well at the non vegan family events.

Too true pumpkin and pumpkin spice stuff is not the same technically. But in my brain it all goes together because I only eat pumpkin in pumpkin pie. In my mind they do go hand in hand. But I can see where that might not be somebody else's view

• Upvote 1

Ooh, pumpkin ravioli with goat cheese and sage and walnuts in a brown butter sauce sounds good.  I'll never make it because my husband wouldn't eat it and it would be way too much effort not to share, but... yum.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Speaking of pumpkin spice…drove by a quick oil change business yesterday.  Wish I had gotten a picture of it, but the sign in front said they now had pumpkin spice oil🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

Carlin is checked in for her 5 day EEG per her IG. I hope she can get some answers and clarity. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 9/30/2023 at 10:35 AM, fluffernutter said:

I'm actually surprised there *isn't* pumpkin spiced Cheetos out there. 🤣

Or pumpkin spice Doritos.

• Upvote 2

On 10/1/2023 at 9:50 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Ooh, pumpkin ravioli with goat cheese and sage and walnuts in a brown butter sauce sounds good.  I'll never make it because my husband wouldn't eat it and it would be way too much effort not to share, but... yum.

Minus the walnuts (I’m anaphylactic to tree nuts), that would be amazing !

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Carlin has checked into the hospital for her 5 day EEG.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.9c70d3fd0e56cd71163ce28e6f0dc8fc.png

I was surprised at how well-written her explanation was and suspicious that she didn't write it herself... until I got to the final word. SOTDRT strikes again.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, indianabones said:

I was surprised at how well-written her explanation was and suspicious that she didn't write it herself... until I got to the final word. SOTDRT strikes again.

She shocked me with that first sentence of "doing well" and not confusing good for well. Then I got to the last word.

• Upvote 2

I am not used to seeing pumpkin used for sweet dishes, it only started here a few years ago when Starbucks brought over PSL.

I love pumpkin soup, pumpkin ravioli (with amaretti and parmigiano) or pumpkin risotto. Not so much pumpkin pie or cookies.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

So both Evan & Kelly are staying with Carlin during the procedure? With Kelton and Josie away and Layla and Zade also needing care, M and Brandon must be very busy. I wonder if KJ ever babysits?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So both Evan & Kelly are staying with Carlin during the procedure? With Kelton and Josie away and Layla and Zade also needing care, M and Brandon must be very busy. I wonder if KJ ever babysits?

I don't follow any of them on social media so I don't know if they've said, but I wouldn't be surprised if they either took the kids to Nashville or if Evan's parents came to Knoxville to stay with them. Layla and Zade seem very close to Evan's family. 

• Upvote 2

I cannot imagine the hospital policy would let 2 grown adults stay with a grown adult for 5 days. Kelly was probably just visiting. Evan might have stayed. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I cannot imagine the hospital policy would let 2 grown adults stay with a grown adult for 5 days. Kelly was probably just visiting. Evan might have stayed. 

It's weird to me anytime the adults have more support with them than their children seem to. I understand Evan and Kelly wanting to visit Carlin but her children are so young! It always feels like the adults are allowed to want the comfort from other people but their children aren't afforded the same regard. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3