IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

36 minutes ago, Dbm said:

I'm thankful that the pictures are black and white because I can't handle seeing all that blood on babies 😅

I follow a ton of animal rescue/foster accounts on Instagram who only post black and white photos when one of the animals has passed away, so whenever I see black and white baby announcement pics on my feed it's a little jarring!

Seems like the Bates are starting to move on from revealing the sex and name all together to waiting until after the birth to announce the name (except for Lydia and Trace).

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

My guess is it won’t be a K name at all. Jadon came out of left field, so maybe this girl will be Quinn or something. 

I agree. I never thought they would stick with a letter theme. But whatever they’ve chosen will be cutesy and oddly spelled. With the possible exception of Charlotte and Holland (and I know I’m an outlier on that one), I haven’t liked a Bates grandchild name yet. 

30 minutes ago, Johannah said:

So do we think the baby was born 8/16? Have they indicated a birthdate? I miss Duggar Data

Whichever date, she’s going to share a birthday with at least one person I know IRL. I have extended family members with birthdays on 8/15, 8/16 and 8/17. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, postscript said:

With the possible exception of Charlotte and Holland (and I know I’m an outlier on that one), I haven’t liked a Bates grandchild name yet.

Holland is okay for me too--my favorite name for Erin's girls, actually. For me the names I actually like are Charlotte and Hailey. I find it interesting that the Duggar grands have some of my very favorite names but then there are the ones that are truly terrible (Spurgeon, Gunner, Brynley). Most grand-Bates are meh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zebedee said:

Oh, it'll be something like Cynthia, but spelled "Kynthi"a" or K'ynthia" (can't do accents/umlauts) - a normal "C" name, spelled with a K, and with random accents, which should change the pronunciation, but don't, because they don't know what accents do. Or, hopefully, something much better. Maybe not even with a K.

I like to think that, if I ever gave birth and informed the internet about it, I'd share the name, no matter how bad, before I shared how dilated I am/no. of stitches/pics of blood-and-vernix covered infants. I mean, I'd tell my friends/family, but NOT THE ENTIRE WORLD. Then again, I wouldn't sell my children online, so I wouldn't have millions of fans/snarkers in the first place.

I was talking to a friend, who’s very blunt (lol) the day before my induction. She was super supportive as I was going through some pregnancy complications at the time. At the end of our conversation, I told her I’d send her a pic of my baby born the next day after I delivered, and she said “just make sure it’s goop-free, please” 🤣

• Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Keys said:

“just make sure it’s goop-free, please”

Haha! Yes, my ex-SIL and bro made very sure that they sent me pics *after* the clean up operation! I can handle it all, in theory - but I'm very squeamish. I really meant that I would share details with my friends and family "if requested" - but no way in hell would I have "goopy" pics taken, let alone circulated, lol.

Still, better to have "goopy" B&W pics posted than, say, do a Karissa Collins, and post full technicolour action shots of a (very dangerous) homebirth. Nature may be awesome and all that, but I like my nature in equations, and minus the blood and guts, thanks! 

Also, I shared on FB some old childhood and baby pics of me back when I was making a photobook for my granny. I was pissed as a kid when I found all these photos - I *hate* having my pic taken. I shared the ones I wanted to, when I was about 30, with my friends and family (none were goopy). The rest, I skipped over. I cannot imagine finding out, years later, that hundreds of thousands of people had seen me, aged 30 minutes, or so. Even less if I had been goopy at the time. Fundies really have no concept of privacy or boundaries, whatsoever, huh? 

• Upvote 1

Blood and goo from birth don’t really bother me. Blood in general isn’t a big deal unless it’s my child bleeding heavily. Then I’ll freak the fuck out. But if it’s other people, it doesn’t get to me that much. But Karissa Collins is friends with a wild free birther. Which basically just means she had zero prenatal care, an unassisted homebirth, outside in a muddy field. Those pictures horrified me. But not in a gross way but an anxious way. It gave me so much anxiety to see this woman do something so stupid and dangerous. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

Holland is okay for me too--my favorite name for Erin's girls, actually. For me the names I actually like are Charlotte and Hailey. I find it interesting that the Duggar grands have some of my very favorite names but then there are the ones that are truly terrible (Spurgeon, Gunner, Brynley). Most grand-Bates are meh.

My top 5 Bates/Duggar G3 names are 

Allie Jane, Carson, Felicity, Holland, & Maryella

And there are too many awful ones to count

I think overall Erin has the best names and Tori has the worst, but she has stiff competition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But not in a gross way but an anxious way

Yep, I mean the would blood gross me out full stop. And I think I'm terrified of childbirth full stop, so blood and goop from that seems worse than from anything else. But, I would not look at Karissa's "action" shots, I still felt slightly sick - the anxiety was much grosser than any blood. She basically freebirthed, except with a million non-medical personnel guests, and just assumed Jesus would make it all OK. Which he did, until the baby ended up in NICU. She could've been livestreaming a tragedy to the world, ugh. 

I mean, if I had looked, it would probably have been easier - Id've just passed out! I just really hate blood - like those veggie burgers with fake blood - nope, no way. I'm veggie, one of the many reasons is I cannot take blood, why would I want my fake burger to look like it's bleeding, lol! I absolutely can't do eyes either.

As a kid, I didn't care about blood - but I have never been able to do eyes. All the goo, and the veins, yuck yuck yuck! It's a bit dumb - I make my partner deal with his eyes, but if he absolutely couldn't, I guess I'd find a way to deal with it. If a pet bleeds, I don't care about the blood, I just want to fix it. I think it's less the blood, and more anything slimy or mucus-y. I also can't touch raw eggs. Just one of those weird aversions, I guess. Like I can't really do showers unless I have to. Never really thought about it, I guess we all have "everyday" things that make us absolutely shudder! My mum, for instance, was a midwife for years, and will let her dog lick her face. I can't deal with either - but she absolutely can't believe I *love* having my rats come and lick up my nose and curl their tails around my ears, ha.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They chose Lily Jo. Which is much better than Khloe. I like it.

I’m not gonna lie, I kinda like that none of her kids’ names seem to go together. It’s a pleasant change from all the influencers who seem to do themes for their kids’ names. I also love Lily, it’s one of my favorites. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 8

Lily is the first of their names I have genuinely liked. Lily is just after Charlotte as my second favorite Bates baby name. But Jo as a middle name just always makes me think of Petticoat Junction.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Lily is the first of their names I have genuinely liked. Lily is just after Charlotte as my second favorite Bates baby name. But Jo as a middle name just always makes me think of Petticoat Junction.

Yeah, Lily is definitely the best of Zach and Whit's kids. But then, Charlotte is sandwiched between Kolter and Cambree, so...

But YES to Petticoat Junction and all the Jo's! I love that show.

• Upvote 3

I'd take blood any day over saliva.  Blech!  I had about 70 burp cloths with my baby because I always had to have them to clean up her drool.

Speaking of Tori, I saw Colter on a list of up and coming boy names from 2022.  I know hers is spelled with a K, but I was surprised.  I looked that up because a pregnant friend's fiancé suggested Colton or Wyatt and she was horrified.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Yeah, Lily is definitely the best of Zach and Whit's kids. But then, Charlotte is sandwiched between Kolter and Cambree, so...

But YES to Petticoat Junction and all the Jo's! I love that show.

1-9 on my baby name rankings are from 8 different siblings (only Alyssa is on there twice and she also gets #12). So I think they all have hits and misses (except Katie because she only has one and I love Hailey James).

• I Agree 1

I guess the name Whitney liked won out. Curious what the K option was. If they’re going to have a boatload of kids it makes sense to not tie themselves to one letter (ahem, Duggars).

Isn’t Madyson’s middle name Lily? And both Maci and Evangeline have the middle name Jo. We’re starting to get so many G3 kids that there are numerous repeats and counting. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Side note as we’re currently brainstorming baby names — Duggar name aside, do you all consider Jordyn to be a kreatyve spelling, or just an alternative spelling of Jordan? We want to use a J name as a middle name to honor some family, but there’s also a Jordan in our family already so we wanted to have it slightly different. But I also hate the kreativity out there 😂 I appreciate all honest feedback!

Lily is a nice name. I have a friend whose cat is named Lilly. Jo is not my favorite, can leave it, and yes, it totally reminds me of the sisters on Petticoat Junction. 😅

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's pretty cute. I agree with everyone.

I just find it clashes with the siblings' names. It's a completely different naming style. But hey.. like someone pointed out, Charlotte clashes with her own siblings so, there's that.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder what the K name was that they were considering was 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder what the K name was that they were considering was 

I bet it was Kylee Jo. Which sounds too much like Kelly Jo. 

23 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Side note as we’re currently brainstorming baby names — Duggar name aside, do you all consider Jordyn to be a kreatyve spelling, or just an alternative spelling of Jordan? We want to use a J name as a middle name to honor some family, but there’s also a Jordan in our family already so we wanted to have it slightly different. But I also hate the kreativity out there 😂 I appreciate all honest feedback!

I think it is Kreative but in a nice way it does seem to have became mainstream and I also have a y instead of a vowel in my middle name that makes mine more Kreative too but I like it. I think for a middle name it wont get "stumbled" over as often and so if you like it I say go for it. I do think that with the y it looks like a new version of the female spellings similar to when peta terri ashleigh leigh came in to counteract their male spellings 

• Upvote 1