IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Blood and goo from birth don’t really bother me. Blood in general isn’t a big deal unless it’s my child bleeding heavily. Then I’ll freak the fuck out. But if it’s other people, it doesn’t get to me that much. But Karissa Collins is friends with a wild free birther. Which basically just means she had zero prenatal care, an unassisted homebirth, outside in a muddy field. Those pictures horrified me. But not in a gross way but an anxious way. It gave me so much anxiety to see this woman do something so stupid and dangerous. 

I work in the obstetrics field, so nothing about it grosses me out haha. My brother, on the other hand, had to lie down on the floor when I even just mentioned being in a c-section at work (and I didn’t say anything further or mention any gooey details!). Everyone’s so different. Agree about the free-birthing. I think it’s insane in this day to do something like that, honestly. You can have a pretty peaceful, hands-off home birth with a qualified midwife instead. To me free-birthing is just horribly irresponsible and asking for trouble. For some reason, a video of a woman free-birthing in the ocean popped up on my Facebook feed, and I watched with horror as I thought “INFECTION RISK” “SALT WATER ON OPEN VAGINAL TEARS” “SALT WATER ON BABY’S SKIN/AIRWAY”. Like?! No. Just no. 

I really like the name Lily - pleasantly surprised! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Love Lily. Hate Jo. However, (a) not my kid, and (b) they may be honoring Kelly Jo. Also like that they didn’t stick with the K theme. On the whole, a better-than-average Bates naming choice. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, postscript said:

Love Lily. Hate Jo. However, (a) not my kid, and (b) they may be honoring Kelly Jo. Also like that they didn’t stick with the K theme. On the whole, a better-than-average Bates naming choice. 

The bar is so low

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

Side note - it continues to be so interesting to be that zero of the Bates grand babies have been born via cesarean section so far. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, Keys said:

Side note - it continues to be so interesting to be that zero of the Bates grand babies have been born via cesarean section so far. 

I hadn't given that any thought, but yeah, they're beating the odds. Probably because the Bates daughters deliver early. And Whitney's last two were early, but not as early as say, Erin's. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

It's pretty cute. I agree with everyone.

I just find it clashes with the siblings' names. It's a completely different naming style. But hey.. like someone pointed out, Charlotte clashes with her own siblings so, there's that.

Why would sibling names have to match?  

I'd never want all my kids to have names that sounded/looked the same. Isn't trying to promote individuality a good thing? What does "clashing" mean in this context? Does someone really want a naming pattern like "Bobby, Billy, Cindy, Annie. . ."  I don't get why that would be desirable in any way.

Y'all I like the first name, but I hate the jo part (I know its for Kelly but, I don't like it) and btw did any of them use Kellyn as a second name the way they did for Josie ? 

I don't know when they will put more effort in choosing their daughters name the way they do with their sons.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Side note as we’re currently brainstorming baby names — Duggar name aside, do you all consider Jordyn to be a kreatyve spelling, or just an alternative spelling of Jordan? We want to use a J name as a middle name to honor some family, but there’s also a Jordan in our family already so we wanted to have it slightly different. But I also hate the kreativity out there 😂 I appreciate all honest feedback!

Personally I absolutely loathe creatively spelled names and I view “Jordyn” as an example of that. What about Josephine, Jemima, Juliet, Jessamy ?

Edited by Angelface
Auto correct of Jordyn to Jordan!!
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I personally would have preferred Lily Jane after Mama Jane. But Lily Jo isn’t horrible. I bet she will just go by Lily when she’s older and people won’t even know her middle name. And Lily is a nice name. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Side note as we’re currently brainstorming baby names — Duggar name aside, do you all consider Jordyn to be a kreatyve spelling, or just an alternative spelling of Jordan? We want to use a J name as a middle name to honor some family, but there’s also a Jordan in our family already so we wanted to have it slightly different. But I also hate the kreativity out there 😂 I appreciate all honest feedback!

The Duggars pronounce it Jor-din while Jordan is Jor-dan. I think it’s not really the same name and therefore not a kreativ spelling. 

The Jordan River is in the Bible. I always thought it was weird they spelled it like that. Because the river is spelled “Jordan.” And we know they like names that come from the Bible. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally would have preferred Lily Jane after Mama Jane. But Lily Jo isn’t horrible. I bet she will just go by Lily when she’s older and people won’t even know her middle name. And Lily is a nice name. 

I'm not surprised they used Jo. They all act like Kelly Jo is a martyr. 

• Upvote 3

They honored Gil by using his name as Bradley’s middle name, Whit’s mom by using her name as Kaci’s middle name, Whit’s dad Jimmy(?) Carl in naming Jadon Carl. It probably seemed fair to also honor Kelly.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

They honored Gil by using his name as Bradley’s middle name, Whit’s mom by using her name as Kaci’s middle name, Whit’s dad Jimmy(?) Carl in naming Jadon Carl. It probably seemed fair to also honor Kelly.

She actually said they chose Kaci to honor Kelly because they both start with K. I distinctly remember Whit saying that when she had Kaci.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The Duggars pronounce it Jor-din while Jordan is Jor-dan. I think it’s not really the same name and therefore not a kreativ spelling. 

I can’t for the life of me make these sound different. In my accent basically any unstressed vowel is a schwa. Jordan, Jorden, Jordin, Jordon, Jordun — they all sound the same. 

Imo Jordyn is a female name and Jordan can be male or female. I think Jordyn is a legit alternate spelling that looks more feminine  — like Robyn/Robin. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

She's a beautiful baby.  Looks just like her sisters to me.  They all look Zach IMO except Kaci who resembles her mom the older she gets. 

18 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Lily is such a lovely name! 

I know a special Lily whose mama called her Lovely Lily when she was a baby. 💕

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I just adore the sweet nicknames for babies.  My daughter's middle name is Jean (we absolutely struggled with a middle name) after a great Aunt on my side and one on husband's side, and we used to call her [first name] Jean, the cuddle machine!

• Love 3

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She actually said they chose Kaci to honor Kelly because they both start with K. I distinctly remember Whit saying that when she had Kaci.

I do remember that being said, but I do think there’s a difference in using only the first letter in a name and using the actual name. I think when they had Kaci, they were trying to make it seem like both mothers were being honored, even though it was just probably more of a coincidence that Kaci and Kelly both start with Ks. Having another girl gave them another opportunity to use one of the actual grandparent names, the same as they had done for Lynn, Gil and JC.

13 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I do remember that being said, but I do think there’s a difference in using only the first letter in a name and using the actual name. I think when they had Kaci, they were trying to make it seem like both mothers were being honored, even though it was just probably more of a coincidence that Kaci and Kelly both start with Ks. Having another girl gave them another opportunity to use one of the actual grandparent names, the same as they had done for Lynn, Gil and JC.

They also specifically used Jadon after her dad. So he could have JC initials like her dad. So they do seem to believe using initials does honor them. 

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They also specifically used Jadon after her dad. So he could have JC initials like her dad. So they do seem to believe using initials does honor them. 

We just have a different perspective on this. If Kaci’s name was Kaci Jo to honor Kelly Jo that would have been the same as Jadon’s name Jadon Carl honoring Jimmy Carl. And Jimmy Carl went by JC , so that’s why it makes the same initials more meaningful in my opinion.

Also my opinion, if Whitney and Zach had thought they had properly acknowledged Kelly with Kaci’s name, they would have chosen a cuter middle name for Lily than Jo.