IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

You know some time ago i was talking with my neighboor who also work with trans kid  (pre sexual developemnt)and one of the thing that He was saying to me is that their are still studiing this child to know how they can be help, but know they see from scans that their brain is just different ( the chemical)  so you can't simply says "is just a phase" or "is just an idea"

I really, really wish society would get on board faster with the idea that some people are just wired differently*, and it doesn't mean that they're an abomination or in need of fixing. It's just a difference, that exists in the world. It's only a problem if you pathologise  it as such. Deal with it. (I know, the Duggars' belief system prevents them from accepting this. But. aargh.)

*this is probably inadequate heuristic phrasing, since we don't know exactly what causes people to have affinity with any particular gender identity, but I hope YKWIM

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it going to take for TLC to finally dump this show? I'm seriously asking. Are they going to sit there and take Dillhole disparaging one of their own shows? I'm hoping the reason they've got no comment yet is because they're consulting with lawyers.

He went OUT OF HIS WAY to post something hateful. Even if he feels that way, he couldn't just, ya know, not watch and move on? 

I'd be absolutely shocked if after everything, including revelations that the Duggar parents covered up child molestation, a tweet from a Duggar in-law expressing views we already knew he had caused the end of the show.

As to "we shouldn't trust our own heart and mind."  You mean, don't listen to your conscience? 

Whether a person believes in a higher power or not, I do believe that it is my heart that guides me to do the right thing.  Our mind may point out the practicalities of choosing one decision over another, and offers a counter point to what our heart (or gut) tells us to do.  However, if my heart or my gut is speaking loudly to me, I generally listen.  And my heart tells me Derick is not someone I should listen to ;)

Have the Jennings given any response?

Oh, and if Derick believes he shouldn't trust his own heart and mind then why doesn't he shut up?

If he felt the need to comment couldn't he have just something like "I support TLC's anti bullying campaign" and then say while we all have different beliefs  and while he might or might not support those differences he does support that we have the right to have them.  Then add an appropriate biblical quote that says in essence "we aren't to persecute others".  And leave Jazz out of it entirely. 

23 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

You're right, being suddenly famous and then being in the middle of a huge scandal would mess with anyone's head, and to add all those life stressors to that (since even happy ones like marriage and babies are big changes that can cause a lot of stress), that's a whole lot to go through in just a few years.

And another stressor, I think, that is attendant to Joshgate is knowing what your BIL did to your wife when they were younger.  Whether he knew about it beforehand from Jill or he found out when it all came out, either way that's a major stressor.   Add to that, having to see his wife on TV talking about it making him indirectly relive it with her.

Really when I think about it, the wholesome Christian family is one hot mess and anyone getting into their orbit is going to get burned along with them.   ETA: Even if Jeremy, for example, distances himself and Jinger from them, for their own well being, there's so much crap going on it's going to be hard not to be adversely affected by it.  

I wonder if Derick ever gets jealous of his brother's life? I've often had this thought in the past year. Dan "seems" like a normal conservative Christian. (Then again, so did Derick in the beginning, so take that with a grain of salt).

Dan has his career with the Boy Scouts (not sure exactly what he does) and a stable income. Dan has a pretty, young independent wife who doesn't appear to bat an eyelash at wearing pants or swimsuits. Took a look at his Instagram, and there are pictures of them in the Bahamas showing them as any normal, young couple. While I'm sure Derick loves his kids, Dan and his wife seem to be spending their time as newlyweds by being just the two of them. Nine months in, Derick had a new wife and a new baby.

This does NOT mean Derelicte of the Jacked Up Jaw gets a pass on his bigotry and zealotry. I just know know when I lash out at my husband during a fight, it's because I'm hurting and just want to hurt him back. Derick is hurting somewhere, but I'm just not sure where. He's lashing out, in a pretty weird way, too. Covering up his feelings by using religion in a hateful way.

That's my only ounce of understanding and compassion for him. Now, kiss my ass Derelicte

And OH MY GOD. Throughout this entire debacle, I've thought of the college football coach who screamed, "Come at me! I'm a man. I'M 40!" And lo and behold, I go to find it and it's Derelicte's alma mater of OSU. My thought's on Derick are summed up perfectly by this coach, "Makes me want to puke."

Not remotely surprised. This trashy, arrogant comment at least shows what he really thinks. And what he thinks is pish.

The normalising of their family on the most recent after show made me see the red mist. Not a single serious or probing question. Just babies!, white boards!, tater tots! ad nauseum. 

'we shouldn't trust our own heart and mind' brings me back to a meme I saw about not letting anyone or anything help you in a situation, where God 'sent'  the help you needed.  I can't remember the exact details, but, this stupid statement leads right back to that.  

God gave you a brain and heart for what?  To use!   Use your brain to learn, grow, make smart & good decisions.  Use your heart to learn, love and feel. Not once is it written I give you these things to ignore what you feel, learn, to not make smart & good decisions, to hurt those that are different, etc.  

The sheer hypocrisy they live their lives by just astounds me.   I can't imagine living my life full of hate for those that don't believe what or in who I do and it is hate, not love.   They do not spread love, they spread fear and hate!  UGH!

He seems miserable. Jill seems miserable. Their marriage seems to be miserable as well. He should focus his energy into things that are in his control and make up his daily life. Leave the negativity off twitter and focus on Jill and their kids and making a living outside of tv. The joke is really on him about "reality tv not being reality". The Duggars have built their empire on secrets and lies. 

Duggar hypocrisy at its finest! Derick is quick to criticize I Am Jazz but the entire family is more than willing to be on the same network sucking TLC's money teet.

Let's all remember that Derick is the type of person who thinks trying to run over an innocent cat is FUNNY.  He's the type of person who would drag his wife and infant to a place where people they know have been killed.  He's the type of guy who calls his toddler "manipulative" for saying "I love you, daddy".  Is anyone surprised he's also the type of big, tough man who gets his jollies targeting a 16 year old girl? Derick seems to enjoy picking on those weaker than he is.

We don't say this enough on FJ, but it needs to be said: some people are just bad people.  And sometimes you have to stop looking for redeeming qualities in people or excuses for their behavior and just call a spade a spade.  They ARE bad people in this world.  And the best way to guard against their detrimental influence is to call them out on their bullshit.  

Derick Dillard is a bad person.  He is a flaming dumpster fire of a human being, and he either needs to get his shit together and stop being a waste of carbon or take his tire fire of a person somewhere else.  Because I will NOT be tolerating it in my lawn.  

4 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Use your brain to learn, grow, make smart & good decisions.  Use your heart to learn, love and feel. Not once is it written I give you these things to ignore what you feel, learn, to not make smart & good decisions

Exactly! What healthy ideology encourages you to diminish yourself, to quash any spark of curiosity, to deny yourself the opportunity to be wrong and to grow from that?

I think it's the saddest thing about any type of fundamentalism. 

I wonder if TLC was already distancing themselves from the Dillards, and so this comment from Derick is more about lashing out at TLC, or TLC viewers. He may be criticizing TLC viewers for supporting Jazz when they don't support Jill, and he considers being trans a worse, or actual, offense, compared to trying a VBAC at home.

Manipulative, self-absorbed people LOVE diversion tactics. That's their favorite conversation style. I certainly believe there is evidence to support Derick is self-absorbed. If he felt people were saying Jill was reckless to try a home birth, as a self-absorbed person, his response wouldn't be about home births, his response would be to lash out and criticize someone for an unrelated subject. 

TLC viewers: "You shouldn't VBAC at home."

Typical Manipulative Style Diversion Tactic Response: "That person is trans!"

TLC viewers respond by talking about trans people.

Diversion tactic level: expert 

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

There's actually some theorizing on Reddit that they're trying to get out of their contract; but why, though? Does Derrick just want to be outspoken that badly and know that JB would take care of them?

Wouldn't his beef be with the production company if that way the case? I thought it sort of went TLC contracts with production company and pays them, production company contracts with Duggars and pays them. I guess sharing something directly from TLC and starting a crap storm is one way to do it, but it doesn't seem like the easiest way to get out of a contract. 

Of course it's very possible he's just doing whatever he can to get out of the contract. Their life has seemed pretty screwed up from about the day they got married, maybe they really are ready to get out of the limelight and don't know how without a scandal. 

I saw a couple of episodes from the new season of I am Jazz this morning, and Jazz struck me as being far more mature and intelligent than the Duggar kidults. All of the Duggars, JB and Michelle included, all seem very immature and stunted, both from an emotional and intellectual standpoint. This makes sense, given that they follow a religion that demands stultifying conformity and frowns upon critical thinking, but it's still amazing how none of the Duggars seem to have any initiative to do something different besides have babies they can't afford. No one ever grows, learns, or does anything different, they just remain the same , year after year.

Well we don't have a Sam birth episode scheduled do we?  Maybe they are upset that they won't get one and therefore won't get $.  If TLC refused to do so because of her decisions or they thought it was risking I could see Derick being pissed.

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Honestly, this is a great example of why kids shouldn't be on reality tv. I get Jazz's family's reason for the show, but it's pretty clear that it is not in the best interests of Jazz herself to be on tv.

I 100% agree with you about kids on reality tv in general, but I think Jazz is somewhat of an exception. She was 15 (maybe 14?) when her show started filming and airing, and she was heavily involved in the decision. She is very passionate about educating the general public about transgender issues. She has been giving talks, writing books, etc. long before the TV show. Her dad in particular has said he is cautious about letting Jazz participate in all of her activism for safety reasons, but that she wants to do it and there's only so much he can do to stop a stubborn child. Her mom is more for all the events, but only when she is backing up what Jazz wants to do anyway. Their theory is that ignorant people have always bullied her no matter what, might as well educate the people she can. They try to ignore most comments, and they take any threats very seriously including contacting the police.

I don't think this is the same as the Duggars or the Gosselins, where the children were either too young to understand what was happening or old enough to understand but not allowed to have an opinion.

So we shouldn't trust our hearts or minds? Why do I feel like this is a veiled admission that there is no love in his marriage? 

Derrick is an irredeemable pile of human shit. It is pig ignorant and gross to judge trans people as a whole, but to specifically target an innocent teen who's never done anything to you or yours is disgusting beyond belief. 

I agree with @Georgiana he likes going after those weaker than him because he's a weakling himself. He likes to go to impoverished countries to feel superior over all the poor ignorant brown people. He likes to have a meek sheltered little wife who can't work outside the home or even have an original thought in her head that he doesn't approve first. He likes to feel like a big man, but he's a weak, scrawny little coward. 

I am so so angry about this, more than I thought possible. Fuck him. Fuck TLC for giving him a platform to spread this bile. It isn't a shock that he believes this, as he and his wife's family are trash, but I'm enraged that he would specifically target a child. What a coward. What spineless little shit. Curse him. Curse this family. May they never know peace until they leave the cult and stop hurting others with their vile beliefs.

4 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

I 100% agree with you about kids on reality tv in general, but I think Jazz is somewhat of an exception.

But should a 15-year-old be allowed to make that decision for herself? I mean, the show has gone into detail about her depression, her micropenis, her lack of a sexual response... I just cannot believe that it's good for a teenager to have all that aired on national tv, whether she agreed to the show or not.

When it comes to Jazz on reality TV, it's got to be better for a developing brain to process, "This education is my purpose in life," than "My youth is being sold by my parents."

It's still a fine line to walk though.

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived