IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

7 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

He insults Jazz and expected everyone to think how awesome he was. He probably  got that from his fundie world. But I do think he was surprised that that the normal world was upset. Or else he wouldn't have half assed that "apology" or whatever that second text  was.

Fundie world vs. Normal world. I like that!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to ask this, because I frankly don't know where else it's appropriate to ask? Also, my exposure to the involved communities is barely more than anecdotal...If this has already been addressed, forgive me, I don't get on here as much as I used to because, well, life...

I was curious if there is real tension between trans females and the portrayal/celebration of drag culture? That's probably a weird way to word that, I guess I just never thought about that until I caught an episode of Caitlyn Jenner's show, when she was traveling with a group and there was an argument between two of the castmates about the appropriateness of drag. As a (typical) cis hetero female, or, more appropriately, basic straight white gurrrl, I've enjoyed a lot of drag shows with friends...but is that wrong or offensive? Echoing the sentiments of some, I don't want to be offensive, but sometimes, especially as I get older and crustier, it's hard to keep up!

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That's still in use here as well. Queer as meaning strange or different. Of course, as stated meanings of words change and one should always think before they speak. Willing to learn what is wrong and why you are wrong is a big part of this world. You're not always going to be in the know on everything, so it's best to keep an open mind. I'm liking this thread drift because it's teaching me many things. :D 

First time I ever heard "there's nowt as queer as folk" was in the film "The Full Monty" where it's used so amusingly! Wish I could make it part of my everyday expressions, but so far, not.

@PracticeMakesProgress I know she's not some spokesperson for all trans women out there, but Jazz went to a drag show for her 16th birthday.

So there are obviously some trans women who enjoy the experience, if anyone can add if there's a more general feeling towards drag by the trans community though, I'd be really interested.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived