IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

6 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Is it just me, or would anyone else be fascinated to be a fly on the wall around all the other brother-in-laws just now?

I have a feeling Jeremy may well be off to dinner quietly somewhere with Jinger in a smashing pants-suit enjoying the pressure off them for just a little while.

Jeremy is just as gross with his homophobic statements though. He just has an actual church where Derick has to preach at randos on twitter. Yuck to both of them.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck you Derick, I hope your manhood shrivels up like a prune.

Sam looks like Jessa/Izzy/James/Amy.  James is on Jill’s buddy team right?  Now he has a sibling that look like him in his group. 

8 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Jeremy is just as gross with his homophobic statements though. He just has an actual church where Derick has to preach at randos on twitter. Yuck to both of them.

Absolutely, but a teeny part of me does hope that the brothers-in-law are thinking at the very least 'facepalm' and hugging their own ladies a little nearer tonight. ...Unlikely, but we can dream ;)

"A reality tv show about non-reality. What a joke!"

Au contraire, Derrick. Being transgendered is way more realistic than being a bassackwards fundamentalist Christian bigot who married into a family with 19 kids :my_dodgy:  

Sheesh...I can't even go away for a 4 day business trip without one of the Duggars talking with their foot firmly in their mouth! The Dillards need to shadow Jessa and Ben for a weekor two, so they can learn how to STFU, and handle their PR correctly. They probably see that as a denial of God/Jesus somehow though :roll:

20 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

The happiest I've seen izzy is in that photo where it looks like he was probably still with Cathy sitting alone with a different school flag behind him. I wonder what she thinks of what derrick has become? 

Wasn't Cathy posting crazy/bigoted stuff a while back.

30 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Is it just me, or would anyone else be fascinated to be a fly on the wall around all the other brother-in-laws just now?

I have a feeling Jeremy may well be off to dinner quietly somewhere with Jinger in a smashing pants-suit enjoying the pressure off them for just a little while.

His brothers-in-law are probably afraid the show will get cancelled. I will say I find it interesting that everyone else in the family, except the Dillards, are. trying to appear "normal". The Duggars clearly don't have PR, but the others learned something from the scandals.

Has TLC issued a statement? Not only are Derick's comments wrong, they were aimed at another TLC star. I can't believe the tweets were not deleted.

@kachuuI mean, Samuel is cute... but is he really "look away from the giant transphobic turd that is this child's father" cute? Is any child that level of cute?*

*(Other than my own, whispered the completely unbiased in any way mother. :pb_lol:)

34 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

The happiest I've seen izzy is in that photo where it looks like he was probably still with Cathy sitting alone with a different school flag behind him. I wonder what she thinks of what derrick has become? 

Have you seen Cathy's tweets? She's probably thanking the Lord on bended knee for sending this sinful world such a godly example of a man. :pb_rollseyes:

59 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

A lot of accounting jobs don't require much people contact. ...and there is that terrible old joke (that's not PC at all) about accountants...

Hey!  I'm an accountant...lol

5 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Has TLC issued a statement? Not only are Derick's comments wrong, they were aimed at another TLC star. I can't believe the tweets were not deleted.

Please. He's probably loving this. He sees every one of those angry replies as validation for his holier than thou attitude because he alone is a righteous man standing strong in the face of a sinful world. What a joke. 

6 minutes ago, Malizabeth said:

Hey!  I'm an accountant...lol

I figured there'd be at least one floating around somewhere - hence not telling the joke.

Fun story - I used to share an office with a fundy accountant (that is to say a guy who was both fundy and an accountant) when I was a very out and proud Pagan (I'm still a proud Pagan, I've just toned down the out and proud a little as it can sometimes come across as proselytising too). He wasn't too bad. He was uncomfortable around my taking religious leave on my holidays, so I promised not to invite him, at which point I think he realised the wisdom of minding his peace. Other than that, we didn't do too badly. There was one day though, when he fell into step with me on the way into work and ducked under my umbrella (this is a 6'4" man and I've shrunk to 5'6" by that point) and discussed all the way in about how he was conflicted because he'd moved to the community with the single largest rainfall in the UK (at that point - it's somewhere else now I believe) and while he acknowledged God's hand in the beauty and the relief, he didn't like being wet and yet the accountant in him twitched at the very idea of buying an umbrella as it's such a waste.
He was a very confused little (overgrown) boy of 26.

I just did a quick scroll through Jazz's twitter. I didn't see a response from her but she is re-tweeting like CRAZY all the supportive tweets she's been tagged in.  

Get him girl!

Derick is getting roasted on his IG too. 

I hope Jazz's parents put some pressure on TLC to do something about Derdick. TLC are supposed to be running a stand up to bullying campaign yet here they are paying a hypocritical, arrogant, ignorant man child that gets off on bullying children. 

Can you imagine if one family or the other tried to give TLC an ultimatum and say they won't film any more as long as the other family has a show? No matter which one TLC chose there would be an army of morally outraged fans angry at them.

IMO JB has to get money from this show somehow and he's got to be pissed. I know there are other investments, but this one was easy. Build a tree house, get money. Take a kid to the eye doctor, get money. I wonder if he is pissed his easy money is being threatened? To be a fly on the wall.

Other celebs chiming in. I'm assuming it's regarding Dericks post, but I guess he's not the only bigot out there! (This guy is a country singer for those of you that don't know of him)

IMG_5411.PNG

DirtyJesus is hitting Jill Rodrigues level of insanity right now. He might even be making her look sane-ish. :o

What a time for me to read this. I just got done looking over enrollment info for our school district. My Fb is going crazy with other parents debating back and forth over some new info on the form. We now have to fill out a section about gender identity. For our kid what gender they indentify with and such. Honesty I'm really shocked to even see it because I'm in such a highly religious state they still pray at all ball games etc. My older kids attended a different district although it's in the same town and they had a minute of silence every morning to allow students to pray if they wished. While I'm not against or really for this new section of information , I'm not really sure HOW I feel about it quite yet. I am shocked to see it here in this state. I can't help but wonder if they will use the info for more harm then good idk. 

See I know it is all about viewers and money. But I am actually shocked that there are no consequences for such hateful behaviour. In freaking 2017. All the while people like the Duggars continue to scream about 'religious freedom' blablabla while not providing others with that exact same freedom.

Please stay in your oh so Modest Misogynistic Miserable Men-and-Messiah-honouring Mansions for ever and do not come out. Ever.

I read the TLC statement via the People article on thread page 6, wanted to get through all of the other comments before posting, and you guys beat me to it by a minute!

So glad to see the story getting traction in the entertainment world.  Glad, too, that Jazz is only retweeting positive things.

Who knows how to check ratings? How do Jazz's ratings compare to the Duggars? I stopped recording Counting On; and I will never watch anything with that family on TLC ever again. I might start recording I Am Jazz as an act of solidarity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but recording shows used to not affect ratings, but now shows recorded within seven days of airing count towards the ratings? 

2 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I agree with @Georgiana he likes going after those weaker than him because he's a weakling himself. He likes to go to impoverished countries to feel superior over all the poor ignorant brown people. He likes to have a meek sheltered little wife who can't work outside the home or even have an original thought in her head that he doesn't approve first. 

Yep! I think we give the Duggar husbands waaaay too much leeway in this department. We see them as saviors, when really we should see red flags that these older, educated, worldly men want a wife who has never gone to school, traveled, lived on her own, or been encouraged to voice her own opinions. 

Tick tock on when Jeremy shows his ass. I have the most hope for Ben because at least he can be written off as an immature nineteen year old with an understandable crush on a beautiful young woman. Short-sighted but perhaps not malicious. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived