IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

7 minutes ago, Jaeniduggar said:

TLC reacts (poorly)

TLC Jazz Derick Dillard.PNG

Would have loved a full-on defense of Jazz and for them to make a connection between Derick's judgemental blather and their anti-bullying campaign, but given the cash cow that the Duggar brand is, that is unreasonable to expect.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

See I know it is all about viewers and money. But I am actually shocked that there are no consequences for such hateful behaviour. In freaking 2017.

I'm not shocked, because it's 2017 and we have a president who regularly calls people names on Twitter. :pb_neutral:

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

Yep! I think we give the Duggar husbands waaaay too much leeway in this department. We see them as saviors, when really we should see red flags that these older, educated, worldly men want a wife who has never gone to school, traveled, lived on her own, or been encouraged to voice her own opinions. 

Tick tock on when Jeremy shows his ass. I have the most hope for Ben because at least he can be written off as an immature nineteen year old with an understandable crush on a beautiful young woman. Short-sighted but perhaps not malicious. 

Yes it is nothing more than mere speculation (and ofcourse therefore not true), but from the start Jeremy has given me the I-have-some-side chicks-that-I-am-sexting-every-now-and-then   vibe.

I'll give TLC a few days to "punish" them. Who knows, shit could be flying behind the scenes for all we know... it may never come to light, or it might, I'm sure it will take at least a couple days though.

Lol TLC added this post 20 mins after the Derick statement. I commented something underneath like: "How do you know when to call it quits? When one of your grown cast members bullies an under-aged one." They since deleted the whole post....

TLC.PNG

Isn't this just good for TLC?  It publicizes two of their shows.  People will watch to support who they like.  And the Duggars were always there as a freak show, so this may add to that?  

Just a thought 

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm not shocked, because it's 2017 and we have a president who regularly calls people names on Twitter. :pb_neutral:

I feel like it's important that the US contingent get told it often: When we look West, we do treasure you guys who're regular, nice, 'normal' Americans and we know these clowns don't truly represent the vast majority of you.

3 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I'll give TLC a few days to "punish" them. Who knows, shit could be flying behind the scenes for all we know... it may never come to light, or it might, I'm sure it will take at least a couple days though.

What was the delay on the first Joshgate? I feel like it was roughly a week or so?

5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I think we give the Duggar husbands waaaay too much leeway in this department. We see them as saviors, when really we should see red flags that these older, educated, worldly men want a wife who has never gone to school, traveled, lived on her own, or been encouraged to voice her own opinions. 

I will admit I gave Derick far too much credit.   Thought he might be able to get Jill somewhat into the real world, but nope, he seems to have been not only sucked but went there all too willingly.   Therefore I have refrained on making any kind of hopeful comments on Jeremy and Austin, however, I was surprised a bit by Ben.   He did finish his schooling after marrying Jessa and seems to have grown up some.  Time will tell with all of them I guess.

8 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Yes it is nothing more than mere speculation (and ofcourse therefore not true), but from the start Jeremy has given me the I-have-some-side chicks-that-I-am-sexting-every-now-and-then   vibe.

I think they're side dicks. (He's an adult so I'm allowed to speculate right? If not, please delete.) 

Do people really think this is as big as the first Joshgate?  I mean its horrible to bully a teen, its not molesting your sisters horrible. It would be great if they canceled the show or kicked the Dullards off, but I would be surprised.  

Yeah while I don't have much hope for TLC to do anything, on the small chance that they plan on any consequences, I wouldn't expect them to come out and say "Derick Dillard has been fired" less than 24 hours later. We'll see.

7 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Isn't this just good for TLC?  It publicizes two of their shows.  People will watch to support who they like.  And the Duggars were always there as a freak show, so this may add to that?  

Just a thought 

Agreed. And the Christian Right will encourage people to support Derick and his beliefs by watching the show. 

TLC gave the corporation deniability, and really when you make money as a freak show you have to let your "talent" let their freak flag fly . . . 

6 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Tick tock on when Jeremy shows his ass. I have the most hope for Ben because at least he can be written off as an immature nineteen year old with an understandable crush on a beautiful young woman. Short-sighted but perhaps not malicious. 

True. Ben is genuinely dumb, and not at all insightful. I can't imagine that he thought beyond, "I like Jesus. She likes Jesus. And she's hot. Score!" 

I've strongly disliked Ben since his anti-Catholic rants, and now all of a sudden he is at the top of the leaderboard. How the hell did that happen? 

Probably not as big as Joshgate but IMHO TLC may have cut them a huge break by bringing the show back.  However, they may not have the tolerance for any more future scandals / controversies with this family.  I always wondered what kind of pleading / threats / agreements JB made to get the network to bring the show back.  

I can see tlc waiting for the public dimensions of mister twitter.
Yes, Josh was a terrible thing, but the fact that the documents were made public helped them to look like victims.
This is a hate attack and it's not something the audience is kidding about.

Derick knows how to attract advertisers.

The good side is that jimbob can adjust the derick jaw of a blow while he cleans toilets.

I have to wonder what is going on at the compound right now. I bet JB is blowing a gasket. Hell, I bet Jess's has flipped her shit too, Jilly is probably just sitting in a corner crying. 

May 19, 2015 Josh molestation scandal broke

May 21, 2015 Josh publicly apologizes and resigns from his hate group job 

May 22, 2015 TLC pulls all shows off schedule (and IIRC this was in the middle of a 19KaC marathon on TLC)

July 16, 2015 TLC cancels the 19KaC, Meredith is born the same day

July 19, 2015 Announcement of Meredith's birth

August 19, 2015 Ashley Madison scandal breaks 

August 20, 2015 Josh publicly apologizes 

@MadeItOut To answer your question: What was the delay on the first Joshgate? I feel like it was roughly a week or so?

52 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

DirtyJesus is hitting Jill Rodrigues level of insanity right now. He might even be making her look sane-ish. :o

I'm sure they've met, at some Duggar wedding or another.  Bet they get along great.

TLC doesn't act too quickly in terms of cancelling shows. They edit slow. They cancel slow. 

If they didn't pull the Duggars off the air after the transphobic robocalls, this may not be enough to do it. On the other hand, they're not bringing in the advertising dollars they used to get. 

8 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

I have to wonder what is going on at the compound right now. I bet JB is blowing a gasket. Hell, I bet Jess's has flipped her shit too, Jilly is probably just sitting in a corner crying. 

I reckon they're there saying "Derick you fool, we all agree with you, it's the way God created us, and its fine to talk about it in our own circle, but the $$$ mean you keep those thoughts off twitter."

"A reality tv show about non-reality. What a joke!"

Incredibly stupid thing to say as he's also attacking the hand that feeds him.

Unless of course the hand that feeds him suggested he do it to bump up ratings for Jazz's show.  I wouldn't put it past TLC for a second.  

Anyone happen to know how her show is doing?

I don't think the show will be cancelled. I'm seeing a lot of "fire Derick Dillard" comments. I don't think the backlash has been strong enough to get the show cancelled.

I also wonder what JB is doing. Derick might be trouble.

Some info about Jazz's show https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Jazz 

Ratings are listed near the episodes. I don't know how accurate they are. 

17 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't say it lightly or to get a reaction either, as a Christian, I'm sick and tired of Republicanized Christianity, where they preach Americanism as if Christ were born in Texas, They take bits out of the old testament to justify their reasons why they do this and dislike that. 

Not even gonna get into the politics side of things, it is just too tiresome BUT, what the hell you got against Texas, just wondering, what did we do to you?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived