IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

29 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

An  eonline editor just tweeted "Come on @TLC, this family is over"

@candygirl200413  I definitely think Derick could get an accounting job despite his hateful tweet. 

Last week a popular radio show got in trouble for gross transphobic "jokes". Celebrities spoke out against it and a boycott campaign trended on Twitter..........but nothing changed. The hosts stood by their "jokes" and many fans supported the show(and those comments). It will be interesting to see what happens here.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Latest tweet.  "we shouldn't trust our own heart & mind" - Derick your cult brain is showing.

IMG_0169.PNG

Wholly crap. Embarrassing. 

Yeah, it makes me a petty bitch, but when I clicked on that ENews link, and this image came up, it took me aback a little bit. There's Jazz's sweet face and then there's Derelicte of the Jacked Up Jaw. His views are as skewed as his face. #SorryNotSorry I know who'd I rather go get an ice cream and talk about life with. No competition there.

derick.jpg

If Derick and Jill want out of their contract and return to a more private life, this is a hell of a way to do it.   All they would have to do is say no.  Same thing if there is something going on with Jill (and I have no idea if there is) or if she wants to keep the circumstances around Sam's birth private and off TV (which would be OK btw).   Seriously I think that TV fame and perhaps fake missionarying has gone to his head.  

I really wonder if something super serious has happened to Jill and that is what is causing Dimwit to get crazier. 

These people believe that if you pray hard enough and long enough that things will improve and all will be better in your world.    Prayer just may not be fixing their problem and so he is trying to get in better with God and 'preaching' and 'doing good' (what he believes is doing good) and therefore, if he is good enough God will fix whatever is not right in his world (be it Jill or whatever)   

1 minute ago, MoonFace said:

I really wonder if something super serious has happened to Jill and that is what is causing Dimwit to get crazier.

I've always gotten the vibe that after marriage they weren't on the same page and I don't think it's what either expected. Derrick is an ass, but I wonder if he's still dealing with his dads sudden death (you never get over losing a parent) and Jill having such issues with pregnancy and in the beginning being SO needy and clingy that he couldn't just go to work. On top of it all that jaw surgery where he's probably taking pain medication that can seriously mess with your thinking. I wonder if all the stress has made him snap and this is his way of dealing? NOT DEFENDING HIM. If you look back at the posts when Izzy was born he posted so much about "next OSU basketball player like his grandfather" I think he thinks he's trapped and is acting out like a child would. 

29 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

it makes me a petty bitch

First thing I saw/thought too. So shoot me.

9 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

These people believe that if you pray hard enough and long enough that things will improve and all will be better in your world.    Prayer just may not be fixing their problem and so he is trying to get in better with God and 'preaching' and 'doing good' (what he believes is doing good) and therefore, if he is good enough God will fix whatever is not right in his world (be it Jill or whatever)   

Yep, apparently Goathead takes a page from the word-faith heresy and refuses to teach that there's any answer to prayer but the one you want. Because you & god are on equal terms, y'see, & god OWES YOU.  

I hope he & Jill exit tv if that's what they want. Wal-Mart might not hire him back but I'm sure there are plenty of firms in NWA or wherever he's from, who would. Without the tv exposure I doubt their fan base - er, prayer partners - would be sufficient to support their mi$$ionizing life$tyle, especially as unproductive of converts as it has been. 

Boo, Derelicte. But better to bolt sooner than later. If indeed that's your aim. As others have said, he may just be cracking up.

Derick is definitely feeling trapped. He's got something to prove with his chip on his shoulder. Oh yeah, long-time lurker, first-time poster. He's lame. Judgmental, non-working religious zealot.

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I was just about to say this. The timing of it made me consider this. Derick and the Duggar family have to have been aware of the Jazz show before. Maybe Jill does not want to be in the public eye anymore and he realizes it's not healthy for her, particularly after this most recent birth.

I doubt that Dirty Dwreck cares about his wife's well being that much. If he did, he wouldn't have dragged her back to the mission field. 

Honestly, if  TLC is doing to feature the Dullards less, or no longer, I don't think it will be because of their choosing. These people are attention seeking grifters. They wouldn't have their "ministry" without the TV show. If anything, TLC will have booted them for not being a huge draw and this is Derick's pathetic way of lashing out. 

If they wanted to leave, they could call whoever reps them at TLC and ask to be let go. Instead he acted like a dick on twitter. 

Are they attention seeking though?  As people pointed out they have really backed off on the social media.  If they wanted attention the baby was a great way to get it.  They seem to want both, and be terrible about getting it.  

This is why I never believed anyone had PR people, they would be doing so much better if they did.

I defer to Mr Izzard on this one (obviously). They (he) need(s) to stop taking crap about how other people live their lives and think about how they live theirs. 

Spoiler

eddie.jpg.67efb537e05cc36d04c0b7130a49addd.jpg

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Honestly, liberal Christians can act like fundamentalists sometimes in that they think their interpretation of Jesus and of scripture is the one true interpretation. Fundies can easily find verses to support the idea that Jesus is in favor of their bigoted beliefs.

Thank you so much for saying this! Sometimes it's almost annoying how no one seems to address it, and it's pretty hypocritical. I see liberal Christians cherry picking the bible just as much as fundies. 

I saw a few tweets SCATHING about him and "all his surgery" and "not respecting God's design" and just TEARING HIM APART.

Why do all the good stories happen when I'm at work!?

Come on, TLC, youre running a fucking campaign against bullying and it features Jazz!

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/give-a-little-tlc/videos/give-a-little-contest

You're giving 5K to someone who is standing up AGAINST bullying, yet you let someone that you're paying bully one of your own?  Grow a pair and finally pull this disgusting excuse for a family off our air!

24 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Are they attention seeking though?  As people pointed out they have really backed off on the social media.  If they wanted attention the baby was a great way to get it.  They seem to want both, and be terrible about getting it.  

This is why I never believed anyone had PR people, they would be doing so much better if they did.

Well, something clearly didn't go the way they wanted to portray their perfect lives, hence the backing off social media. At their core, I believe they are still very attention seeking. 

It's interesting: TLC has an anti-bullying video that is just about the first thing you see on their Facebook page. While the Duggars have gotten away with countless bad behavior (including Michelle's ridiculous transphobic robocall), I wonder if Derick singling out one of TLC's other reality stars, a kid no less, will make them take action. As guilty as I am of watching the stupid Counting On show, I wouldn't miss it if it was gone. Maybe that would force Derick to get an actual job instead of pretending to be Jesus in Central America. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Well, something clearly didn't go the way they wanted to portray their perfect lives, hence the backing off social media. At their core, I believe they are still very attention seeking. 

Totally agree. I definitely think the backing off social media is more about having control of their image versus not seeking attention - they crave attention. Besides the fact that they need attention to make money, I genuinely believe they are addicted to it. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

It's interesting: TLC has an anti-bullying video that is just about the first thing you see on their Facebook page. While the Duggars have gotten away with countless bad behavior (including Michelle's ridiculous transphobic robocall), I wonder if Derick singling out one of TLC's other reality stars, a kid no less, will make them take action. As guilty as I am of watching the stupid Counting On show, I wouldn't miss it if it was gone. Maybe that would force Derick to get an actual job instead of pretending to be Jesus in Central America. 

Agreed. Nothing new is ever shown on an episode that hasn't been (over)shared on social media

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

Latest tweet.  "we shouldn't trust our own heart & mind" - Derick your cult brain is showing.

How VERY convenient for Derick! Because I was JUST about to comment that while there is plenty of evidence in support of modern ideas of gender identity, I can find precisely 0 evidence in support of Derick having a brain.

This explains everything.  Whether or not he HAS a brain, he's not using it, so there's no signs it exists.  Schrodinger's brain.  

46 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I've always gotten the vibe that after marriage they weren't on the same page and I don't think it's what either expected.

Same here.   I think Derick didn't anticipate how needy Jill would be and also the demands of being filmed for the family dog and pony show.  I still think that these things impacted his employment at Walmart, could be wrong but it doesn't strike me as possible for him to hold down the type of job he had with needy Jill constantly nipping at his heels and demands from his wife and in-law family, who would have no idea what it takes to work a regular job, to show up for filming when needed.

Add to the mix his father's death, mom's illness, having a baby and surgery, to be honest it's all a lot to go through.  Not defending him either but somehow he seems to have gotten a bit messed up.   He strikes me as someone who had it more together pre-Jill and the Duggars.

YIKES, Derick, way to bite the hand that feeds.

He wouldn't have called out any other kid in the same manner, so what made him think it was appropriate in this case? Leave her alone.

So many shows have been cancelled for less (although I've just figured out Duck Dynasty family have followed the 'Counting On' prototype to get back on air!).

If they carry on having to drop family members from shows because of their horrible beliefs they will (eventually) run out, no matter how quiverful they are.

This is in no way a defense for Dickhead Dillhole, but I have to say this. Its going to be all over the place already, so sorry about that.  I wonder if D-wreck is lonely? He went from having a semi secular life, to being cut off from the secular part all together, and having to only be friends with these delightful assholes, and now he is so socially awkward and fucking ignorant that he doesn't know when or when to not say something. Oh he's doing this in the name a Christ, blah blah blah. Nah dude, Christ wanted you to have a private calling out of your beliefs, and this is a child, not a fully grown human being. 

Dillhole, the time to get out is nigh. I am sure you read this, because you are one of those humans that delights in causing drama for the sack of the excitement.  We're grown ups now D-wreck. We don't get to bully the kid that doesn't fit in anymore. Your dumbass needs to realize that you will need a future, and posting slurs on fellow humans is not how you want to be remembered.  I know as we are the same age, that I am too old to be a constant bitch, and now do are you. Grow up. 

I wonder if D-wreck is more sick than anyone knows. I would love to sit down and psycho analyze him. 

Okay my all over the place rant is over. Remember to take care of yourselves and others, because no one wants to look like Dillhole right now. 

12 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Add to the mix his father's death, mom's illness, having a baby and surgery, to be honest it's all a lot to go through.  Not defending him either but somehow he seems to have gotten a bit messed up.   He strikes me as someone who had it more together pre-Jill and the Duggars.

You're right, being suddenly famous and then being in the middle of a huge scandal would mess with anyone's head, and to add all those life stressors to that (since even happy ones like marriage and babies are big changes that can cause a lot of stress), that's a whole lot to go through in just a few years.

Going through a life stressor checklist like this one (which I widened to three years to include his marriage) shows how many stressors apply to him, and that's just the ones I know for sure (some, like the family-related conflicts, might apply but I wouldn't know) and not including the fame-related stressors that aren't on that list. That test put him at a high risk of stress-related illness.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived