IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

I want to share this.

My family is life-long friends with the Smiths (not their real names). The Smiths gave birth to two girls, Alice and Cynthia. Alice and Cynthia were raised as girls. When Cynthia was three, she insisted she not be forced to wear the frilly dresses. Her parents complied.

Years passed. Cynthia was ridiculed and bullied throughout school by kids (and some teachers) because she wore "boy clothes" and cut her hair short and refused to wear makeup.

Cynthia moved away from the Bible-belt small-town and changed her name to Tom. Tom was the only way he was known to his new "circle" of friends. Tom began the physical/hormonal process to change into the body he should have been born with. His family supported him 100%, but few in the Smith's town knew what was going on.

When Tom's transition was complete, his parents issued NEW "birth announcements" via mail, and hosted a party for everyone they knew to come meet their son. Yall. It was the BEST party!

But, I bawled my eyes out that this couple - devout Christians/always in the church - took so much flak for their support of their son that they eventually had to move to another town. Not even kidding.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Which of you lazy FJers just copied and pasted my message to their Facebook page when I clearly said not to copy and paste it?! :pb_lol:

ETA: I'm loving all the comments flooding their page right now though. Schadenfreude is alive and well. 

2 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

I have tweeted them, facebooked them and sent them an email on their contact us page. Are there any advertisers still advertising during their show at all that we can contact to express our outrage?

Perhaps someone that isnt blocked from the TLC page (like me) should post a copy of his tweet on Jazz's TLC facebook page and let her fans and supporters know what the Duggars think of her.

I never tweet, but I let him have it.  And sent TLC  vicious email.

Told him how ironic it was his family sued to protect "innocent young girls" and he turns around and attacks one. 

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Ok. Which of you lazy FJers just copied and pasted my message to their Facebook page when I clearly said not to copy and paste it?! :pb_lol:

Bahahahahahahaha. That's hilarious. Lol I'm currently writing my own. I love that you're stalking TLC's page though

Re: Jesus:  Jesus himself said over and over that "until heaven and earth disappear" the Old Testament law is still valid and he complains that people aren't keeping Moses's laws. And what's in those laws? Verses like, "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God." and "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." as well as rape, murder, misogyny, genocide, etc. Jesus was also the first to introduce the concept of Hell so I'm not terribly impressed with Jesus as the Bible portrays him, and I think someone like Derick has plenty of scriptural support to say that his bigoted beliefs are in line with what Jesus taught.

Bahahahahahahaha. That's hilarious. Lol I'm currently writing my own. I love that you're stalking TLC's page though

Lol! I should also make it clear that I don't actually want anyone to say it was them. No need for anyone to dox themselves for my personal amusement. :pb_lol:

It's too bad Derick's not going after someone from Drag Race, now that would be interesting. 

I am liking the back lash this is rightfully getting. I hope the outrage continues to grow and that it is enough for them to do something about it.  I already sent a few tweets to TLC, and will sort out an email later on when I am less busy. I usually keep FB private though.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

It's too bad Derick's not going after someone from Drag Race, now that would be interesting. 

He wouldnt, because he would lose and he knows it.  Its much easier to bully children.

I wonder what he thinks of other TLC families like Sister Wives. I wouldn't mind seeing him dig himself in deeper. :pb_lol:

I don't get what Derick gets from all of this. Does he feel a thrill from bullying a teenaged girl who is struggling with depression? What the fuck is the matter with him? This world is tough enough without him jumping in and giving his two cents. You are a 28 year old man with a wife and two children, get a fucking job and stay the fuck off twitter until you can grow the fuck up. 

10 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I wonder what he thinks of other TLC families like Sister Wives. I wouldn't mind seeing him dig himself in deeper. :pb_lol:

I would honestly die laughing if his fans (his actual fans, not haters like us posing as "fans") started helpfully offering other TLC targets for him. And if he took the bait. And if it made life a nightmare for TLC Execs. 

Derick's twitter account can be the new gift that keeps giving now that Joshley is in temporary retirement from causing problems.

You know whats amazing? Didnt she talk in the show last night about how she gets upset looking at the comments on social media and this shithead walks right into it?

25 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Perhaps someone that isnt blocked from the TLC page (like me) should post a copy of his tweet on Jazz's TLC facebook page and let her fans and supporters know what the Duggars think of her.

I don't want to put the post on her page but I want to let her fans know what is happening. How do we go about this?

Honestly, this is a great example of why kids shouldn't be on reality tv. I get Jazz's family's reason for the show, but it's pretty clear that it is not in the best interests of Jazz herself to be on tv.

I don't want to put the post on her page but I want to let her fans know what is happening. How do we go about this?

instagram ? 

16 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Yes, and the fact that they have a gay daughter, a son who lives with his girlfriend out of wedlock, etc. I'm a little ashamed to say I would hate watch the shit out of a Dillard vs. Brown twitter showdown. Robyn and Kody B both love a good twitter rant themselves. 

Seeing as TLC apparently has no problem with covering up sexual abuse of children, I'm not super hopeful they'll cancel because of this, but I can't help but smile at the idea of Derick ruining their gravy train by not being able to keep his dumb ass mouth shut. 

34 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He wouldnt, because he would lose and he knows it.  Its much easier to bully children.

Exactly, both in last night's tweet and in his hot take on the Boy Scouts, he's focused his hate on young trans kids. The dude is douchey and cowardly!

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Just sent one myself via the "Contact Us" page on their website. Do you know a better way to send an email off to them by chance? I want to be sure my message is clearly received.

This is what I did too (used the Contact Us link) although my message was probably less eloquent than yours but hopefully still got the same message across!

And I was about to say that someone copied your message word for word on the TLC FB page, I see you already noticed haha. Can't blame them, it was well written!

I am very curious to see next week what the interview with Tomi Lahren is like. Is she going to soften her stance....why is she putting herself on Jazz? And Jazz is tough to do this. 

Before Caitlyn Jenner I had no idea there was a sizable population of transgender individuals. Jazz is brave and she is doing it I'm sure for other transgender youth. Education all around is so very good. Jazz is a great show and I'm sure Jackie Evancho's show will also be very good. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Just sent one myself via the "Contact Us" page on their website. Do you know a better way to send an email off to them by chance? I want to be sure my message is clearly received.

And for anyone interested, feel free to use this as a basic guide for your own (personalized) angry email:

To whom it may concern:

I am appalled and outraged at Derick Dillard's unjustified attack on Jazz Jennings via twitter yesterday. To see a grown man attack an innocent teenager in such a way was bad enough, but to see him double down on his hate and purposely misgender her was even worse. 

I strongly condemn his hateful rhetoric and the hateful rhetoric the Duggar family has spewed in the past. As a family friendly channel I had hoped you would have cancelled their show at the first sign of bigotry, but I suppose that's giving your network too much credit. We will be boycotting your channel and any advertisers airing ads during "Counting On" until you cancel the show, cut all professional ties with the Duggar family (and their numerous in-laws), and issue a strong defense of Jazz Jennings who deserves nothing less from you. I will also be urging my friends and family to do the same. Hate, like Derick Dillard and the Duggars have promoted, has no place in modern society.

Sincerely,
An extremely disappointed and angry consumer

(This is meant to be a guide, not to be copied exactly. Change what you need to in order to personalize it as you see fit. :) )

Thanks for the template! I also reached out to TLC to complain.

How hateful to attack a CHILD.

54 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But, I bawled my eyes out that this couple - devout Christians/always in the church - took so much flak for their support of their son that they eventually had to move to another town. Not even kidding.

So these people were giving them flack for, what, treating their adult child with love and respect? Hopefully they are better off not living among such toxic people now... 

42 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You know whats amazing? Didnt she talk in the show last night about how she gets upset looking at the comments on social media and this shithead walks right into it?

Yeah, but they'll probably like how it will inevitably net them a lot of sympathy from their hardcore fans because they're being "persecuted" for their belief (in bullying children). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived