IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

33 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Derick's twitter account can be the new gift that keeps giving now that Joshley is in temporary retirement from causing problems.

Frankly I thought it would only be a matter of time before someone in this family did / said something controversial again.   No one, and I mean no one in that family seems to get that maybe, just maybe they should lie low and keep their mouths shut if only for the sake of keeping the family gravy train  TLC $$$ rolling in.  Because they are in deep financial s**t without it.

Derick is indeed an idiot.  I am not referring to his views as shown on his tweets.  But that the family managed to get TLC to continue the show after being cancelled because of Joshgate and the way they found to reinstate the show was to make the show focus mainly on his wife and her siblings.  He's shown as a big part of that and now he's shown his ass, thereby possibly jeopardizing what must be a big income stream for his family!  Money that he needs to carry on his faux missionary work.   All this after stupidly quitting what looked to be a decent job (or at least one that would get his career going), something that was in his field of study in college  The stupid decisions here are amazing.  Did the stupid fairy kick him in the head when he met this family?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't these people (the Duggar clan) have any idea that they are associated with all these other folks because they are all supported by the same company ?   They have basically sold their souls to TLC (Which USED to be called THE LEARNING CHANNEL!!!)    What makes them feel that they are better than any of the others on the channel?    

If you have an issue with Jazz, Sister Wives, or any other the others, don't 'associate' with them by agreeing to be lumped with them via the network.    You aren't going to convert a single one of them over to your beliefs.   

Remember a few years back when TLC had a promo for their upcoming season with pictures of all their fame whores all together?   Can you just imagine getting Jazz, Sister Wives and Duggars in the same room for a photo shoot?   

@Rachel333 As a gay person raised within the Lutheran church (and later became an atheist), I agree with everything you have said! 

The Bible was made thousands of years ago. A lot of it is outdated today. We have moved forward since then! There are great things such as the golden rule and parts of Jesus' teachings, but most of it is not appliable on a modern, progressive society. 

I've had heated debates with other queer people on how much or how little homophobia there is among Christians. Those who don't have much or any contact with actively religious people tend to think they are more tolerant than I and others who've grown up in the church think. To be fair there are more tolerant congregations then the one I grew up in, although it was a mainstream one.

I know though, that there are pro-lgbtq Christians and queer Christians out there, and you have all my respect! I wish every religious person was like you. 

But at least over here, openly religious people within and outside the parlament and government have made their best to stop lgbtq rights. To continue the forced sterilization of trans people, to not recognize same sex unions, sprouting a lot of crap saying "children need a mother and a father, otherwise it's child abuse" etc... They managed to not let us get equal marriage until this year, they really did their very best to stop it (even this February two weeks before the new law would gain power, they made a final legal motion who could have stopped it, fortunately it didn't!) 

I will never understand the urge of some people to force their beliefs on others and wanting to completely change their lifestyle.

If you don't want to be in a gay marriage, don't. If you don't want to go shopping on Sunday, don't. If you don't want to wear jeans, don't, etc. it really is that simple. But don't force your beliefs on other people. I have never understood how, for example, it makes sense to say that "gay marriage is threatening our christian marriage". I mean.... how does that even work or makes sense?? Give other people the space and freedom to make other choices. Give other people that chance of "going to hell"  at least. 

One would think part of the TLC contract would say something about not biting the hand that feeds you. Derdork is such a fool

Also, when does that Bible verse of "Judge not lest ye be judged" kick in - or does it not apply to "holier than thou Christians"?

BlackberryGrandkid1 has a trans friend, just a wonderful sweet kid. BlackberryBoy has said kid (and grandkid) as students. He has nothing but positive things to say about the kid.  The school district is EXTREMELY suportive, and official policy is gender inclusive.  

Kid's family are awesomely supportive and last month they all and the grandkid all took part in Rochester's Pride parade. That day BlackberryGrandkid1came out as pansexual.  

I am not using gender pronouns on purpose.

People are people are people. You do you.

Hmmm... Derrick has the right to preach his beliefs. However, I think he ( and others like him) have a confused notion of what sin is. Take a look at the Ten Commandments. What do all the Do Nots have in common? At first glance, it might seem like nothing but they do have one thing - each of them tell a 'story' . It involves a CONSENTING  person(s) doing something to an NON-CONSENTING person(s).  That is how it is a SIN. 

The LGBTQ community as a whole is undoubtedly comprised of the same percentage of arseholes as the straight community. Why? 'Cause they are human. BUT homosexuality isn't the culprit ; it's called being people.

Jesus did say that he didn't come to change the Law. But which Law? Levitical or the Ten Commandments? We know from the Bible he ate with the 'great unwashed', ' worked' on the Sabbath, and spoke to women! So, I think ( I don't know - wasn't around at the time) Jesus meant the 10 Commandments. He said they could be summarized as Love God and Love your neighbor.

Do I understand LGBTQ? No. But what I do understand is that I don't have the right to bully, demean, disrespect, keep them from having a place to live ( i.e. Michelle!), or employment. In short, treat them like the humans they are.

Also, I cannot imagine that someone just wakes up one day and says ," Hey, I'm a girl. I want an operation." Even if that scenario were true, the medical community would not oblige.  Plus it costs money! So , to try to make it sound as if this is just a phase, is utterly wrong.

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

One would think part of the TLC contract would say something about not biting the hand that feeds you. Derdork is such a fool

There's actually some theorizing on Reddit that they're trying to get out of their contract; but why, though? Does Derrick just want to be outspoken that badly and know that JB would take care of them?

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

There is a MASSIVE difference between criticizing him for being a transphobic asshole and criticizing him because he dared to eat pizza in the car with his wife. One action gets him well deserved criticism. The other is BEC at its finest.

I have zero issues with criticizing these people for their words and actions. I do have an issue with criticizing them for every single little reason though because that does nothing but make them look like fucking victims to their idiotic followers.

ETA: And Derick, sweetie, you're a spectacular asshole and nobody likes you. Not even Jesus. Go home and rethink your life. 

I get it. Not condoning all the criticism thrown their way. But from my perspective I'm more okay with BEC type criticism (like pizza in the car photo was weird - calling it like I see it) when it's directed toward public figures using their fame as a platform to spread hate.

Ideally we would be better than them and not stoop to what seems like pettiness. But these are public people with hateful, harmful messages with a certain amount of power to influence others. Ridicule is a way for people with less power to stand up to those with influence. Sure there are lines, but sometimes pointing out "you people are being weird and your not cool and so are the things you say" is a way to diminish their message. It makes people question their shiny perfect lifestyle and the opinions they hold. Making them seem ridiculous helps limit others who see them as ideal role models who know what they are talking about.

It's the same reason they have moved a way from the frumpers - looking ridiculous to others makes you less influential and your ideas seem less legitimate. 

As soon as they stop trying to use their fame to spread their political and religious beliefs, I will respect their privacy and not judge them with BEC type comments. At least that's my opinion.

Well that prompted my first random pregnancy cry. To be fair, I woke up famished found that we've eaten all the food in the hotel room and tried to find somewhere open at 5 am, nope, just scary folk trying to sell me drugs. Other half had his special curt and gruff Mark Darcy tones for when he thinks I'm being slightly ridiculous, or as he fondly terms it "Bridgeting about", turns out I'm supposed to wake him up and make him find food. The explanation was "I'm starving, there's not even a grape and Derick Dillard has an ugly soul."

Turns out the morning chef overheard him trying to buy an apple from the front desk, has a wife pregnant with their seventh and he too agrees Derick Dillard is a sour souled person, as one of their older children is gender fluid and loves the Jazz show. I got a very large breakfast and helped him strongly word his outrage across various social media outlets, plus a new friend.

2 minutes ago, Stormy said:

There's actually some theorizing on Reddit that they're trying to get out of their contract; but why, though? Does Derrick just want to be outspoken that badly and know that JB would take care of them?

Is it possible that they do not want to be filmed by TLC because of whatever is going on with Jill?    (I've been gone for about a week so don't know if there have been any Jill sightings since she had the baby?

I hope Duggars read here. I hope Derrick reads here.
Hi, moron, come discuss your beliefs here. It will give you plenty of attention, I promise you that. And people here are not kids, the game will be fair.

1 minute ago, MoonFace said:

Is it possible that they do not want to be filmed by TLC because of whatever is going on with Jill?    (I've been gone for about a week so don't know if there have been any Jill sightings since she had the baby?

I was just about to say this. The timing of it made me consider this. Derick and the Duggar family have to have been aware of the Jazz show before. Maybe Jill does not want to be in the public eye anymore and he realizes it's not healthy for her, particularly after this most recent birth.

Since jill had their first child they have not seemed happy to be in the program.

If the thing gets difficult tlc will show jill, sam and izzi and make a josh with derick.

I don't know how TLC feels about this kind of thing, but on MTV the Teen Mom cast trash each other and the network all the time and they don't get dropped from the show.

I still think TLC might actually like the publicity from this.

Derick. You are an absolute imbecile, who deserve to be dickslapped across your face.

You have a wife, who just had a baby, and is probably exhausted. Go spend some time with her, and you know, actually help her out, instead of competing for douchebag of the century award. 

Derick, you're an ignorant twat. God is facepalming so hard right now. 

It's a little different with teen mom cause they are all over the age of 18 and at least with teen mom og it is all directed to Farrah. This is an almost 30 year old man coming at a teenage 16 year old girl.

If this is Dillards way of getting out of TLC, I just lol because I doubt they could keep doing fake ministry for so long, and really would derrick get hired in some type of accounting job? Especially with his hateful tweets still broadcasted.

There was a MTF student a year below me who in high school would use the girls bathroom, and no one batted an eye lash (she wasn't passing at the time). Now she is completely transitioned and people have been pretty supportive/accepting.

@Rachel333, I think what people may mean when they say not "true" Christian is that such Christians do not follow Christ and his clear requirement to love and not judge. 

I am a Christ follower, and I have reservations about the Christian label sometimes because it seems to have so little Christ in it. People like Lori Alexander who always quote the OT and Paul, but rarely, if ever Christ. Yet, her and Ken consider themselves the bestest Christians ever!

I get where you are coming from though. Ugly, hateful Christians still identify as Christians. Of course, there are professed adherents to any belief system that do not in actuality follow the core tenets of their faith. They can make the whole religion look bad.

It's useful to remember that individuals bring their crap with them and are not necessarily bad because they are Christian or anything else. It's because of who they are as people.

I have been skimming and I see others have mentioned this. My prediction.....Counting On is going to be Jessa, Joy and occasionally Jinger. No more Jill. It appears, to me at least, that the radio silence with the birth was their way of starting to distance themselves from the show. They just want to go back to wherever they were, continue to try and convert people and not have to deal with the fallout. They will continue to tweet and beg for money from their supporters, but will no longer be on the show.

If TLC didn't cancel the show completely after the Josh debacle, this will just be a blip on their screen. Nothing to see here folks.

4 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I was just about to say this. The timing of it made me consider this. Derick and the Duggar family have to have been aware of the Jazz show before. Maybe Jill does not want to be in the public eye anymore and he realizes it's not healthy for her, particularly after this most recent birth.

I have doubts about whether Dickweed is considering Jill.    Maybe he is just overwhelmed that something serious is going on with Jill and prayers are not fixing it so he has no idea what to do but to turn his attention somewhere else.    

I feel that if he were concerned for Jill (in the event that there is a serious problem) that he would be quiet and focused on taking care of his wife and children.   

I really think he's gone so far over the deep end and can't find his way back. 

I'm actually wondering if they needed an excuse for not showing the birth. TLC may have come up with this strategy as a way to allow them an out from the show. It brings attention to TLC programming while providing a reasonable excuse to not air Samuel's birth.

Everyone wins. TLC gets attention and likely increased support/viewership for Jazz. Jill and Derick don't have to continue the show or air Sam's birth and they can present themselves as victims of liberal outrage.

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

@Rachel333, I think what people may mean when they say not "true" Christian is that such Christians do not follow Christ and his clear requirement to love and not judge. 

Jesus wasn't against judging. What he said was to be prepared to be judged by the same metric you judge others--so don't be hypocritical about it. He actually gave instructions for how to call people out on their sins:

If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

(Matthew 18: 15-17)

Jesus also said over and over that all the Old Testament laws still applied, and those laws were horrible. Very sexist, homophobic, in favor of genocide, etc.

Honestly, liberal Christians can act like fundamentalists sometimes in that they think their interpretation of Jesus and of scripture is the one true interpretation. Fundies can easily find verses to support the idea that Jesus is in favor of their bigoted beliefs.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived