IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

Derick is a category 5 asshole.  Jazz handled that with more class than any of the Duggars could ever muster.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone that claims to be so godly, there is so much hate in Derick.

I thought TV was all evil and all. Remember little Joy needing to hold something in front of the TV and "yell" nike? They aren't even supposed to know who Jazz is. Or are the adult Duggars - let me rephrase that; the married Duggars- watching TLC in the evening?

Damn Derick, focus on your wife, Israel and your new baby. 

I think Derick has things closer to him which he should focus on; a sex offender in the family to begin with! 

What a classy response from Jazz. I also am not comfortable with Jazz's show bc she is so young and I think TLC is manipulating her privacy just for ratings. 

Someone earlier wondered why Derick didn't go after someone from Drag Race. Turns out, the lovely Peppermint, who was just on Season 9 and is a trans woman, went after him. I thought you all would appreciate it, so I logged in for the first time in ages to share this. :)

There might be a lot going on with Derick, but he's still a transphobic ass. 

The Duggars need to be banned from the internet.   All of it.  

Of course TLC is going to give a weak response. It's not like they're just learning that this is a family of radical Christian fundamentalists with views that the majority of the population finds abhorrent.

Think of TLC's biggest shows:

• 19KAC
  • Jon & Kate + 8
  • Toddlers and Tiaras
  • Sister Wives
  • My 600 lb life
  • I didn't know I was pregnant
  • Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
  • The various Breaking Amish type shows

People watch many of these programs in part for the freak show element. Controversy is TLC's currency, and they just got some cross-promotion for their shows. I had never heard of Jazz before reading this thread, and I'm willing to bet some Jazz fans had never heard of the Dillards before today. Now TLC is getting free publicity ("earned media," in industry parlance) for both of these shows. And it all stemmed from Derick's idiotic tweet.

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

He may also be trying his best to get Mechelle preggers again.   :brainbleach:

I mean, that's a given, no matter what DirtyJesus is tweeting.

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

@Georgiana

Callme soft, I have a soft spot for Jill- I don't know why.

That means you are a compassionate human. You see traits you recognize in Jill either from yourself or others you love, and you sympathize. Because you understand, even though your lives are so different.

We might not be here if the Duggars and their ilk did the same. 

And I don't know where the line is, if there is even a hard line, or if it's going to be different for different people. But for me, a line was definitely crossed today. Because I can't view Jill as a child when there is an ACTUAL child involved. It just doesn't make sense to me to put her anywhere near the same position as Jazz. She's a married mother of two. That indicates 3 major adult choices she's made. 

I don't blame her, but I can't pity her. She had more agency in this than Jazz. Far more. 

36 minutes ago, inabauers said:

Someone earlier wondered why Derick didn't go after someone from Drag Race. Turns out, the lovely Peppermint, who was just on Season 9 and is a trans woman, went after him. I thought you all would appreciate it, so I logged in for the first time in ages to share this. :)

He's also too much of a coward to pick on someone his own size. Instead, he chose to go after a kid. And if he really disagrees with Jazz's show, then why doesn't he move to a religious network like the one the Bateseseses are on? Or, better yet, give up the reality TV circus altogether, get a normal job, and support his family like a so-called real man? 

Derick doesn't want to tangle with TS Madison. 

I contacted TMZ with it about 10 minutes after it broke here, without mentioning FJ, and mine is one of the first comments on TLC's Facebook. And a lot of people are saying its his opinion, why can't he voice it? That and the Christian persecution BS.  

Was disappointed by TLC's pussy footed response, if Dwreck doesn't represent them then take him off the air! But Josh could molest his sisters and get away with it so not surprised.

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Have you seen Cathy's tweets? She's probably thanking the Lord on bended knee for sending this sinful world such a godly example of a man. :pb_rollseyes:

Not really, I was just making a point about Izzy, it does seem like he is happier when he is with her vs the others and his parents. 

The issue is that Derick is probably quite happy with himself. "Look at how they persecute me! I can't live here Jill, I need to be making a difference and they won't let me do it here." 

Dillards will be running back to Central America soon. Because Derick is a dick. 

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Snip

Let's all remember that Derick is the type of person who thinks trying to run over an innocent cat is FUNNY.  

I apologize if this has already been touched on, but I wholeheartedly believe that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals. Just disgusting. 

One of my friends texted me the following:

"Clearly, no boundaries with young girls runs in the family." 

1 hour ago, inabauers said:

That was me. Praise be!

10 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Poor wittle D-wreck doesn't even get top billing in the article about him.  He's "Jill Duggar's Husband"

I wonder how well that goes over in patriarchy circles

It's funny how "religious" people make "religion" so very complicated. It's a major reason my catholic raised husband and my baptist raised self haven't been to a denominational church since our children were born. The most major teaching in the Bible from God and Jesus is TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU. I have three beautiful children, and we are honestly a little scared at the world they are coming into. Not only is our own president tweeting and cyber bullying and talking about grabbing women genitalia, but people who claim to follow Christ could have such a positive impact and instead, we get this. My number one belief is that we should love one another, and if one's life choices and beliefs aren't hurting others then what we should respond with is love.

Transgender person? Love them.

Gay person? Love them.

Family with ten kids at the grocery store? Love them.

It really is so very simple. And what is more interesting is they have forgiven their older brother for hurting them and molesting them, shaming the family. But they choose to pick on people who's choice don't affect them. So they have the capacity to forgive and let live - but selectively. 

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

ALSO. A family with NINETEEN kids, which one could argue cannot emotionally provide for them all since there is SO MANY, I find it interesting that they willingly accept peoples acceptance and love but cannot show the same courtesy to others.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived