IGNORED

Dillards 37: Tweeting like a Jackass

Destiny

I can't come up with anything profound to add other than what a fucking  asshole.

Also I must have missed the Christian lesson of when it is appropriate for a grown man to publicly attempt to shame a child. Oh wait, I paid attention to the Golden Rule lesson instead.

Did I mention what an asshole already? 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

I have to wonder what is going on at the compound right now. I bet JB is blowing a gasket. Hell, I bet Jess's has flipped her shit too, Jilly is probably just sitting in a corner crying. 

JB is probably playing persecuted Christian victim, rallying his army to stand up for their beliefs. If they're blowing gaskets, it is about the evil liberals who don't think transgender people are mentally ill and/or sinful. Jill is probably standing by her man, while crying in the corner, lol.

I wonder if Anna is thinking, "FFS, you guys couldn't give me at least one scandal-free pregnancy." As much as I dislike this family, stressing out pregnant women es no bueno, so the only one I feel bad for is Anna.

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Jesus wasn't against judging. What he said was to be prepared to be judged by the same metric you judge others--so don't be hypocritical about it. He actually gave instructions for how to call people out on their sins:

(Matthew 18: 15-17)

Jesus also said over and over that all the Old Testament laws still applied, and those laws were horrible. Very sexist, homophobic, in favor of genocide, etc.

Honestly, liberal Christians can act like fundamentalists sometimes in that they think their interpretation of Jesus and of scripture is the one true interpretation. Fundies can easily find verses to support the idea that Jesus is in favor of their bigoted beliefs.

I am going to leave this alone. Not going to argue, even though there is a lot more I could say, not going to totally derail the thread. Suffice it to say that I do not care for Dewreck or Gothardism.

2 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I wonder if Anna is thinking, "FFS, you guys couldn't give me at least one scandal-free pregnancy." As much as I dislike this family, stressing out pregnant women es no bueno, so the only one I feel bad for is Anna.

well, if that was the case, they'd never get to have any stress ever, from now on, someone will always be pregnant in that family.

8 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Here is Jazz's response 

Coming out of lurkdom to say - what a classy reply.  Hubby and I love Jazz and everything she stands for.  You go girl!

I don't think there will be any wrath.  I don't think there will be real world consequences and the family all agrees anyway.  TLC will use this as publicity and both shows will go on with more viewers for a short while.

8 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I am going to leave this alone. Not going to argue, even though there is a lot more I could say, not going to totally derail the thread. Suffice it to say that I do not care for Dewreck or Gothardism.

Making a post to say you're leaving this alone isn't really leaving it alone. :pb_lol:

Anyway, I'm glad we're all agreed on hating Gothardism!

If you ask me, TLC should dump BOTH shows. Derick complains about how reality TV should be real, yet the Duggars have been putting up a false front from the get-go, covering up their more sinister beliefs and practices as well as the whole Josh molestation thing. I haven't watched that show since it became "Counting On."

As for Jazz, I just can't! I don't believe a teenager's medical consultations should be televised to the general public, especially ones where a doctor is discussing the size of a fifteen-year-old's penis and asking if the child experiences orgasms. That's what happened during the last episode I saw. If TLC wants to do a show about a transgender person, fine, get an adult*. Stop exploiting this child!

*Not Caitlyn Jenner

11 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

lol forget the wrath of TLC, Dereck needs to be under a bed hiding from the wrath of Jessa. 

I would pay good money to watch Jessa kick both the Dillard's asses. 

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Making a post to say you're leaving this alone isn't really leaving it alone. :pb_lol:

Anyway, I'm glad we're all agreed on hating Gothardism!

I disagree. I left it alone because I didn't discuss it further. Don't see the humor, but whatever, to each her own. It's not like announcing a flounce. I just like to be clear when I am intentionally not responding to something.

I'll take the Jazz show any day over any Duggar crap, although I don't watch either.

And Derick is the same guy who pranced around  with a man bun for months.  Aren't man buns considered gay in fundie land?

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I disagree. I left it alone because I didn't discuss it further. Don't see the humor, but whatever, to each her own. It's not like announcing a flounce. I just like to be clear when I am intentionally not responding to something.

I guess I was wondering why you had to announce that you're not responding, rather than just... not responding. It came across pretty flounce-like and passive-aggressive to me.

Look, you touched on an issue I feel strongly about (saying that only Christians who believe a certain way are "true Christians"), but that doesn't change that I really do appreciate that there are Christians like you out there who aren't hateful and who interpret their religion as a commandment to be kind and caring, not bigoted.

1 hour ago, Jaeniduggar said:

TLC reacts (poorly)

TLC Jazz Derick Dillard.PNG

What a bunch of weenies. 

The Duggars must know where ALL the TLC bodies are buried.

6 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Latest tweet.  "we shouldn't trust our own heart & mind" - Derick your cult brain is showing.

IMG_0169.PNG

So, when his heart and mind told him that he should court  and then marry Jill he was out of his mind?  (Well, yes, WE knew he was crazy for getting involved with Duggars - but is he now admitting it?)

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

DirtyJesus is hitting Jill Rodrigues level of insanity right now. He might even be making her look sane-ish. :o

And that's quite a level to hit, even though both of them are so damn smug.

Wow- I missed Derjerk's shit storm-

May I say I feel so, so sorry for Jill- she does not need this at all.

This jerk is as bad as Esther Keller's husband. That's where Jill's life is headed- wandering around the globe living hand to mouth...and constantly miserable. Jill is not hardy enough for that lifestyle.

JB is thinking that they need to announce a pregnancy QUICK! 

( a Josh baby won't do, the people want a JinJer or Jostin baby. Jessa's #3 might placate, but Unless Joe is getting hitched this weekend, he's likely a bit panicked)

They need to just go away now..

8 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Nah - Jana courting is their trump card.    And her twin also courting.    

He may also be trying his best to get Mechelle preggers again.   :brainbleach:

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wow- I missed Derjerk's shit storm-

May I say I feel so, so sorry for Jill- she does not need this at all.

You are a kind person, but when do we stop treating Jill like a child and instead like an adult?  We ask that all the time around here, but I think it is an important thing to discuss in this context.  Jill is a married mother of two.  She's not a child anymore.  Jazz is the child, Jazz is the one that didn't ask for this, and Jazz is handling this marvelously.

So why give Jill pity?  If ANY of my friends' husbands posted this shit, I'd expect them to get their house in order.  And Jill needs to do just that.  Because she has kids now.  And you CANNOT be a child if you have a child.  You give up your childhood the moment you give birth to and commit to raise another human being.  

Jill chose to marry Derick.  She chose to have kids with him.  This guy.  And if she has an issue with his behavior, she needs to take that up with him.  And if she chooses not to...that's her choice.  But then she's complicit.   And if she didn't know who he was before she married him, well, that was part of her choice to rush down the aisle.

I personally don't pity Jill at all.  This is what she signed up for.  And while I might not BLAME her for how things went down and how things have turned out, I don't feel sorry for her either.  Because she chose this and she continues to choose this for herself...and for her children.  

I watched the first episode of I am Jazz on you tub. Jazz has a loving supportive family and they have a good family bond. The Duggar's could learn a thing or two from them.

Derek can believe what he likes but he shouldn't be seeking out teenagers to bully on line. Jazz responded with class.

29 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

( a Josh baby won't do, the people want a JinJer or Jostin baby. Jessa's #3 might placate, but Unless Joe is getting hitched this weekend, he's likely a bit panicked)

They need to just go away now..

I made a similar  comment, but erased it. I was predicting them to make announcements when M5 is born, to distract us. If I'm not mistaken, the Duggars usually make special announcements on Fridays???? 

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

So, when his heart and mind told him that he should court  and then marry Jill he was out of his mind?  (Well, yes, WE knew he was crazy for getting involved with Duggars - but is he now admitting it?)

Ha, the statement is so contradictory because how many times have the courting couples said that they prayed about their potential relationship and that the Lord "laid it on their hearts" that it was the right direction for them to go. Or when Derick talks about going to Scary America he's said "we believe that's where God wants us to be." Dumb dumb Derick unless you heard a voice from the sky that is trusting your mind and heart as being given an answer to prayer. Either that or it's a lie and he just exposed it.

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Wow, Derrick must feel SO tough picking on a 12? year old. What an asshat. 

A little late but just wanted to clarify that Jazz is 16. Still a minor and still way too young for any halfway decent grown man to be picking on, though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived