Sydney Fox

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These comments made me :roll:

Who knew having neighbors over could be so fraught with angst? If you're worried about feeling "threatened" by neighbors and have to pray about inviting them over, then maybe it's time to move to your very own compound.

:lol: :lol:

In the past, Nathan has always announced Melanie's pregnancy. I wonder why he wasn't the one to make the announcement.

In the comments, Steve said that an announcement would be made soon, so maybe Nathan will make it then.

Maybe thats really the way she wants it.

I would lean towards your theory if you hadn't used the feminine pronoun. Perhaps her headship or Steve wants it that way; what she wants matters little.

She is a Maxwell now. Poor thing..

Thanks for posting this…what a great, non-threatening way to get to know neighbors!

And the nice thing about having the the neighbor ladies over on a weekday is that you don't have to worry about some woman who works outside the home stinking up the place, or exposing your daughters to heathen influences.

And the nice thing about having the the neighbor ladies over on a weekday is that you don't have to worry about some woman who works outside the home stinking up the place, or exposing your daughters to heathen influences.

I don't know about that. I'm home every weekday morning... but (dun-dun-dun) I WORK for MONEY at home, and I'm an UNSAVED Jew who WEARS PANTS and USES BIRTH CONTROL. :o

I truly am surprised the Maxwells had neighbors over. They can't all have been fundies. Weren't they concerned that Steve and the boys might be exposed to immodesty? That Reversal Anna and Mary might hear the women talking about something other than the Bible? Seriously, how could they be sure that all of their guests would behave appropriately?

I hope that Melanie has an easier pregnancy this time than her other ones.

Somehow I thought they were done. After three difficult pregnancies and two kids alive they would be happy for what they have and did not want to risk Melanie's life anymore. Nathan seems to genuinely love his wife so I thought he wouldn't want to lose her.

Sigh...

He loves his wife I imagine but his child bearing and rearing dogma and the role of females is unflinching and surpasses all else,it's all he thinks is correct and moral and all he has ever known.And he probably really,really wants the bragging rights to the first Max Grandson :)

I;m sad for Anna for all those reasons plus they announced the pregnancy then immediately posted several other blog posts and it was hidden or totally missed if you didn't go looking for it.

Hm. I didn't even know that Anna was pregnant. Anyone know when she's due?

Somehow I thought they were done. After three difficult pregnancies and two kids alive they would be happy for what they have and did not want to risk Melanie's life anymore. Nathan seems to genuinely love his wife so I thought he wouldn't want to lose her.

Sigh...

I don't really think it has been Melanie's life at risk during her pregnancies, but rather the lives of the babies. She tends to go into premature labor so she ends up on bedrest for a long time and they just keep hoping the babies will stay put as long as possible. Obviously, there was something really wrong with Suzannah that was probably genetic, but even the other two, born healthy, were born early. I REALLY hope this pregnancy goes much differently for her and I'm sure she does, too. I wouldn't wish a difficult pregnancy on anyone, fundie or not.

So Melanie is just 9 weeks along. I guess this makes her due in early June.

I'm a little surprised they announced this early, but they seem a little more open than Christopher and NR-Anna.

I also didn't realize she'd had a another miscarriage somewhere along the way.

I'm a little surprised with all they've been thru that they are announcing it so early. Still, I'm happy for them--it must be brutal to take pressure to have lots of kids in their situation.

Yes, we are expecting again! We are excited and a little apprehensive all at the same time. Many of you have traveled the journeys of our pregnancies with us and understand the challenges we have gone through.

I am 9 weeks along now. As with my other pregnancies, I have been on progesterone since we found out I was pregnant.

Gee they didn't let Anna (Marie) write a blog post to say how happy she was to be pregnant.

Steve, equal time for her please. Let her share her happiness.

9 weeks is still so early!

I am not the arbiter of pregnancy announcements, but I certainly would not tell anyone before I was showing. Melanie has a medical history that makes this a risky move.

Guest Anonymous

When an fjer left a nice comment asking for Christopher/Anna news, she got a private email from Steve saying they are giving them privacy. With the brush-off: "Something to think about".

It looks as though, for whatever reason Chris and Anna are choosing to be more private. Maybe she has had trouble with earlier pregnancies already? Maybe Christopher is actually gay, and she has only consummated her relationship with a defrauded postman?

Melanie and Nathan have been a part of the family 'ministry' since the blog started and Melanie has had a lot of support through her losses so she is maybe happier with the attention?

I certainly would not tell anyone before I was showing.

That could go kind of late, though. I'm five months along right now, but because of horrible morning sickness (all day sickness, more like; raw spinach is pretty much the only thing I can reliably keep down) I haven't gained a pound yet. I had to let my coworkers know I was pregnant two months ago because they were starting to wonder why I was at the doctor all the time. Not that any of us know Melanie in person, but I'm just saying that sometimes, if you wait until you're showing then nobody will know until right before the baby is born.

I thought the announcement was early too, but I believe they are letting readers know early so that they will pray for them.

For all the silly, trivial things they ask for prayers for, I can certainly understand asking for prayers here.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

She was always bigger built than the Max girls, maybe she is just enjoying her food, since she is out of Stevie's sight most of the time. It also doesn't look as though she has any appropriate maternity wear, the way she has on a shapeless summer frumper with a big cardi - she could be any size under there...

Archived