IGNORED

Lori Alexander 83: Fully Cook the Chicken!

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

he told her to iron his shirts. He didn’t say to stop complaining or stop arguing. He didn’t say to just be nice.

Not that Ken is a prince or anything, but I think he picked "iron his shirts", because he needed ironed shirts for work, Lori had always refused to iron them, and he didn't want to do them himself anymore. 

He knew she wasn't and never could be a nice person or stop complaining or stop arguing, so he asked for a concrete act for her to do. Doing the specific thing he asked is Lori's idea of being "submissive".

This is why she made such a big fricking deal about making pot roast for the first time in 42 years of marriage -- because Ken asked. He asked; she made it, so that means she's submissive. The rest of us see it merely as Ken asked for something specific for dinner -- a commonplace occurrence in most marriages. Making requested pot roast doesn't make you a submissive godly wife.

Ken talks about the things he was working on about himself in the "Ken Speaks' video. He's still a douchecanoe, and so so wrong about gender roles, but he's not the shrieking harridan Lori was. 

She's not nice to him because she doesn't know how to be. She has no concept - zip zero nada - of what nice is, how it looks, how it treats others, how it thinks of others and not yourself. She is not a nice person. Never was, never will be, never can be.

She's "submissive" because she stopped shrieking at him -- she just does it to women on the interwebz instead.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

Lori's FB list from today -- how to save money and be godly like her. She says there's no judgment, but you know she's judging and believes if you don't do all these things you're sinning and hate God. Lori's God's ways are perfect and best. (my comments on the right)

Ways I save money: -- To show everyone how perfect and godly I am

• I don’t go shopping just to shop.  --But I do post all over the interwebz just to post.
  • I don’t wear jewelry or perfume. -- She wore jewelry up until about 5 years ago. She seemed to change radically then. She's also stopped wearing make-up about 5 years ago.  It used to be all organic and expensive and she'd show off what it was.
  • I rarely buy new clothes or shoes. -- Does she thrift or just wear old clothes? Didn't she show off her new floral feminine blouses a couple of years ago?
  • Our furniture is mostly hand-me-downs.  From who/where and why?  They're not broke ass people, I'm sure they could afford a new sofa to replace that broken-down brown one.
  • I am content being at home. -- Where I can post all over the interwebz All. Day. Long. 
  • I rarely eat out. -- There just aren't any restaurants that serve sardine sauerkraut salad with salmonella dressing.
  • I make most of my food from scratch. -- If by food you mean sardine sauerkraut salad with salmonella dressing, undercooked chicken, and garbage water soup.
  • I rarely throw food away. -- Because salad lasts for at least a week in the fridge -- what's a little slime after all.
  • I cut and color my own hair. -- Yes Lori we can tell.  That dye you use may be herbal and vegan, but your hair is dried and fried. You need some conditioner girl -- and I don't mean cooking grease (save that for your hands).
  • I don’t paint my fingernails or toenails. -- Yes we know; we've seen the photos of your nasty feet.
  • I use vinegar, water, and a bit of soap to clean almost everything. -- With my super special chicken juice soaked Norwex cloth.
  • I mostly shop perimeter of food stores. -- Well truthfully I only shop for organic food and $14/ lb butter.
  • I try not to waste electricity and water. -- I rarely bathe because I don't need to as I don't smell.
  • We use everything until it can’t be fixed. -- Really? Is Ken that much of a handy man?  What about the perfectly good useful counters you ruined so you could new granite ones? 
  • I walk daily for exercise and sunshine.-- But I never wear  sunscreen because I'm too godly to get skin cancer. (see below)
  • I try natural cures for everything first!  -- Black Salve for the win!!!!!
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

What I’ll never understand is why, as much as she preaches what she considers to be Biblicak truth, the Bible itself didn’t convinced her to not be a shrew. Instead it took a book by Debi Pearl. I don’t, for a minute, buy that. Either she followed the Bible or she didn’t, and it’s clear she didn’t. She always says that people who say Jesus is talking to them are lying, that it’s all in the Bible. Hmmm…I guess LyingLori believes in listening to Debi Pearl more than Jesus. She certainly listens to Paul more than Jesus.

This is what I don't understand about "biblical womanhood," especially in relation to marriage.  The New Testament is FULL of admonitions on treating one another with kindness, gentleness, love, patience, etc.--and of course this includes your husband.  And the teachings come from Paul as well as Jesus.  If all the passages related to wives were eliminated, you still would be taught to treat your husband well.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I think about Lori's chicken-juice soaked (🤢) Norwex cloths every time I hang fresh clean dishtowels on the rack in my kitchen--which is every single day. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Foursquare said:

This is what I don't understand about "biblical womanhood," especially in relation to marriage.  The New Testament is FULL of admonitions on treating one another with kindness, gentleness, love, patience, etc.--and of course this includes your husband.  And the teachings come from Paul as well as Jesus.  If all the passages related to wives were eliminated, you still would be taught to treat your husband well.

And that's the core of why "women's submission" is so twisted. Paul, following the teachings of Jesus, teaches *everyone* submission to one another. He teaches it clearly, constantly, and relentlessly. So it's not surprising that occasionally he gets a bit specific in reminding this-or-that person or group of people that mutual submission is a basic Christian ethic in all of their relationships.

There's really very few things that the Bible instructs for women anyplace that it does not elsewhere give as a general instruction to everyone. (The only one I can call to mind is the Timothy instruction towards 'home-ish-ness' which is really hard to guess the meaning of, but it definitely doesn't mean doing your own chores or childcare.)

• Upvote 6

Ken rode in on his white horse on Lori's FB this morning to explain to all us jezebels who just don't get it that 

....the page is dedicated to training Christian women in Biblical Womanhood. Not in theology, not in how their husbands should treat them, but in a Christian woman’s role as defined by God’s Word, along with other wise advice from an older godly woman

He then points out the things the godly husband has to do to guide his wife "helping her grow up into her vital role of becoming a loving wife and Mom, the keeper of the home"  and what happens if they don't -- such as 

they find their wives making poor choices how they spend their time online,

Ummm.... Ken...... I think you might want to check into how Lori spends  All. Day. Every. Day. on her many social media sites. Looks to me like she's making "poor choices" and not spending all her time being a "keeper of the home".

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Uh oh, I’m on Free Jinger again.

Am I allowed to tell my husband he didn’t guide me properly, and now I’m making poor choices by spending my time online at a fundie snark site?

• Haha 7