IGNORED

Lori Alexander 83: Fully Cook the Chicken!

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

One of my daughters is always trying to get me to make a different pecan pie recipe that uses maple syrup, because mine uses karo syrup. It's the only thing I make with corn syrup alllll year long. And I also make a pumpkin anyway, so let me have my once a year pecan pie, dammit! 🤣

@fluffernutter, psssst: Try making your pecan pie with Lyle’s Golden Syrup instead of Karo’s. It’s caramelized cane sugar syrup and elevated my pecan pie recipe from heavenly to transcendent! It costs a bit more, but, hey, it’s Thanksgiving, and our pies need to shine!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Since we’re talking about pie, in a bout of selfishness, husband reignited the whole notion the in-laws (who really can’t cook) like to harp on that I can’t cook or bake. They’re doing Thanksgiving this coming Sunday, my family is doing the Saturday after, so we will be home on the actual day. I promised to make a peanut butter pie that is husband’s favorite for that day. His crazy aunt and my mom happen to have the same recipe but no one was planning to make it this year. He mentioned it to his sister so she asked him to get me to make it for their thanksgiving.  So not wanting to share it, he told her that I’ve never made it and would be too nervous about making it for other people. 🤦‍♀️ I have made it and am not ever nervous about things I make for anyone…

I had not yet decided what to bring to their dinner yet. She had given me a choice. After that, I get a text from her telling me to just buy and peel and cut some sweet potatoes and bring them and she can do the rest so I won’t “be stressed out by cooking”. 

I told her I’d bring the peanut butter pie. So she sent me the recipe. Which I already have. And told me to call her if anything “confuses” me. Mind you, she has never made it and will be busy burning a maple flavored pumpkin pie. 

We were past this BS from her and now we’re right back. Husband knows he did wrong and will be lucky to not be making his own dinner on Thanksgiving Day at home. 

• Love 11

@louisa05 I'd be just a little bit infuriated with my husband over that. :(

Lori is on her 'women doctors are always telling me they regret going to medical school' kick again. This time she's 'received' an email from a woman praising her for convincing her to waste her medical degree:

I am a doctor who has just recently quit and become a full time homemaker.

I am so BLESSED. My depression and anxiety have VANISHED.

I suffered terribly for so many years, battling through medical school.

And for what? For a qualification? It brought me nothing but pain and sadness. The medical school and university environment is evil.

If only I found God and your blog sooner, I would have saved myself so much heartache, pain, depression…the list goes on.

I am blessed to stay at home while my husband works, and I care for our 20 month old. I just turned 29.

It was always my dream to have a big family, but my parents always told me that “kids ruin your life” and “get your career and have kids later.” So wrong.

I worry now that I am 29 with one child. Am I too old to have a big family? Are three kids possible? I wish I had spent my 20s building up a family. I have so much painful regret. Please can you offer me some advice and wisdom.

Praise the Lord, I never took alcohol (I have never drank alcohol in my life) and never took birth control. I just worry that it’s too late for me to have a big family.

By the way, I bought your books on my Amazon Kindle. Your words were the signpost for me to turn my life around. And my life certainly has done a complete 360! I am so happy to be following God’s word. He is so wise.

[Lori adds the following at the end:]

***I told her that there’s a godly woman on YouTube who was married at 28 years old and went on to have nine children, so NO, it’s not too late! My grandmother had her seventh at 47 years old.

I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 1 Timothy 5:14

Who wants to bet that Lori wrote this whole thing herself? The only one of Lori's favourite talking points that's missing is the one about medical school causing massive amounts of debt. Which I'm sure this woman has (if this is true, which I doubt), because at 29 she'd barely begun her medical career so her husband is now making the payments on all those student loans.🙄

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

Lori is on her 'women doctors are always telling me they regret going to medical school' kick again. This time she's 'received' an email from a woman praising her for convincing her to waste her medical degree:

Yeah, no, that's Lori's alter ego posting again. Lori wants me to believe that someone: 

• completed four years of high school, with a high enough GPA and extra curricular activities to get into a pre-med program. 
  • Completed four years of undergrad work, with a high enough GPA, extra curriculars, and did all the requisite other "stuff"to get into med school. 
  • Took the MCATS
  • Spent four years in Med School. 
  • Started a residency program. 
  • Found Lori and God, and decided to just quit and stay at home with her child that she had during all of this? 

I understand that the majority of my knowledge of med school comes from dating a guy who was in med school, some relatives, and (mostly) Grey's Anatomy. But I have a hard time believing that someone who went through the process of undergraduate degree and med school would find Lori to be an inspiration. Lori is not smart. She's not inspirational. She's mean and catty and weird. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

40 minutes ago, Foursquare said:

And this DOCTOR doesn't know whether at age 29 she's likely able to have two more children?

Right? 

Also, the number Lori pulls out is seven? Why doesn't Lori have seven? 

Also, who goes to medical school debt-free? How did our imaginary doctor even find a husband when she wasn't debt-free--I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that men only want debt-free virgins with no tattoos? And who is paying this debt now? 

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

@louisa05 I'd be just a little bit infuriated with my husband over that. :(

Oh, I am. And he knows it. He swears he's trying to fix it. 

It took years to get his sister in particular to stop this crap. And now she's started again. 

Meanwhile, I will singlehandedly cook the entire dinner at my mother's house for my family. And it will all be better than his mother and sister make. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

Yes, a doctor is asking Lori whether it’s possible to have two more children at age 29?  Lori, with her M.D. degree from Conspiracy U?

Yeah right :liar:

What next?  The League of Women Voters write to tell her they are closing up shop because they were so impressed with her Women Shouldn’t Vote t-shirt?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Also, who goes to medical school debt-free? How did our imaginary doctor even find a husband when she wasn't debt-free--I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that men only want debt-free virgins with no tattoos? And who is paying this debt now? 

People who are already wealthy, and fictional people in Lori's 1955 brain. 

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, I am. And he knows it. He swears he's trying to fix it. 

It took years to get his sister in particular to stop this crap. And now she's started again. 

Meanwhile, I will singlehandedly cook the entire dinner at my mother's house for my family. And it will all be better than his mother and sister make. 

I have been reading your in-law stories for years and I do not understand how or why you put up with it. At some point I would have exploded on these people, including the husband. 

• Upvote 2

Lori should have made her doctor friend smarter and older.  29 would be tail end of residency, right and maybe licensed for a year if that.  But like Pp all I learned from the medical field I learned from Greys Anatomy with some influx’s sprinkled in.  

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Fallgirl30 said:

Another one of Lori’s super informed neighborhood observations.  She deleted it quickly.

IMG_6287.jpeg

No love like Christian  hate.  As a Christian I’m embarrassed she claims to be one and furious she is such a jerk.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

42 minutes ago, Fallgirl30 said:

Another one of Lori’s super informed neighborhood observations.  She deleted it quickly.

IMG_6287.jpeg

Does she even KNOW who lives there? This could be the home of an elderly couple who can't take care of their property the way they used to. Or a family that has a child with a serious, chronic illness, and the last thing on their minds right now is keeping up with the Joneses Alexanders.  Could be any number of reasons that have nothing to do with divorce. I'm sure it won't cross either her or Ken's mind to perhaps offer some neighborly help instead of snide criticism.

If, that is, this place really exists outside of Lori's fertile yet fetid imagination. 😕

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

If it's the house I think it is, the owner died.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Does she even KNOW who lives there?

There was a house like this on my street. It was a rental, owned by a person who owns dozens (hundreds?) of businesses and homes and commercial properties and llcs. This one had the renters move out and was unoccupied for 8 months for whatever reason. The property managers didn't bother to cut the grass. You know what we did? We ignored it. 

We also try to use natural landscaping instead of imported grasses. Sometimes, in the summer, our nosy neighbor has comments. Our other neighbor writes a gardening column and books, and he gives us tips on how to attract more bees. We like him a lot more than the nosy weird lady who just moved in 2 years ago. 

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

If it's the house I think it is, the owner died.  

That just makes her comment ten times worse, then. What a deplorable human being she is. :pb_confused:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Y'all, I'm dying. 🥴 Lori has started a new Facebook group. ANOTHER one. Because she's only got ten kajillion other social media sites to keep track of. This one is called "Biblical Womanhood: A Study Guide," and apparently it will consist of all her videos she's made (or is making, I'm not sure) to go along with her study guide book.

The photo she chose as her banner pic disturbs me for some reason. Is it the fake smile? The dead look in her eyes? The Heaven's Gate vibe? I don't know. I only know I do NOT want to join this group, even though I could because at this point she doesn't have a vetting process so I don't have to pretend I'm attending the church down the street from my neighbourhood which is affiliated with her beloved John MacArthur, like I would if I were trying to join her chat group. Not to mention she'd then be able to see my FB page (I think, not sure), and that's the last thing I want!

Lori's millionth social media site.jpg

• Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Y'all, I'm dying. 🥴 Lori has started a new Facebook group. ANOTHER one. Because she's only got ten kajillion other social media sites to keep track of. This one is called "Biblical Womanhood: A Study Guide," and apparently it will consist of all her videos she's made (or is making, I'm not sure) to go along with her study guide book.

She said in a video that Ken encouraged her to start this group and she was reluctant at first.  Total speculation bus, but I think it's an attempt on Ken's part to keep her focused on something other than the vile, truly hateful stuff she's been posting and reposting lately.  Lori's always been off the tracks, but lately she seems to have veered off the tracks, into the woods, hit her head on a few dozen trees, rolled down a mountain and burst into flames. Honestly, her family should do a wellness check and see if her brain tumor is growing again. she's been more deranged than usual and that's saying a lot. 

If she spends her time focused on the book (which is awful in it's own right) at least she's not posting pictures of herself surrounded in flames, with gifted "women shouldn't vote" tshirts  (don't even get me started on Pearly thingz...Lori isn't bright enough to know she's using her), speculating about the neighbors, interacting with incels and otherwise being a busybody.  I'm sure Ken gets tired of PMs about her latest antics. So I speculate he suggested this new venture as a means to reign her in a bit. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I wouldn't be surprised if Ken was trying anything he could think of to keep her busy and out of his hair. I think anyone would be. Since her only hobbies seem to be judging people, complaining, and attempting to go viral, maybe encouraging her to do a study group would at least take up a bit more of her time.

What she ought to study is what Jesus actually said, alongside a critical thinking skills class. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Welp, she's deleted her post on FB about her new group. I wonder why. She did say in a comment that she'd be adding the vetting process for new members, so maybe a lot of snarkers were joining and she had to put things on pause for a bit. If that's the case, she should have thought of that before announcing. She knows better, she has a sooper sekret chatroom, after all.

ETA: Holy crap, she's already got over 900 members, and it's only been 'live' for a couple of hours. Someone please tell me it's mostly snarkers and not women who actually want to learn from her!😳

Edited by Loveday
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 2

There is no amount of money that could make be register for her new Biblical FB page. I'd love to see it for snarks and grins, but I don't want to be FB "friends" with Lori.

You know she's going to delete comments and ban members who in any way question her Godly teachings and commands. Acquired from her study at MadeItUp University located in her demented brain, with a satellite campus in Door County.

ETA:  Ken is hoping against hope that this additional FB page keeps her sooooooooo busy she stays out of his hair and stops cooking the gosh-awful and disgusting looking food she's bragging about on FB

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

If she's vetting all members, and has 900 already, that'll take up a good amount of time!

I'm guessing it's a mix of snarkers, the misguided, and a whole bunch of Ken's sock accounts created to keep her busy.

• Upvote 4

On 11/14/2023 at 5:50 AM, Maggie Mae said:

We also try to use natural landscaping instead of imported grasses. Sometimes, in the summer, our nosy neighbor has comments. Our other neighbor writes a gardening column and books, and he gives us tips on how to attract more bees. We like him a lot more than the nosy weird lady who just moved in 2 years ago. 

We also use natural landscaping. The variety in our garden grew so much over the last years. One neighbor is a beekeeper, the other one is a person who cleans and vacuums his garage every second week. Yeah, guess who we like more. And who loves our lawn / all you can eat buffet for bees.

Edited by Scrabblemaster
Typo after typo
  • Upvote 2

On 11/13/2023 at 10:22 PM, Loveday said:

Does she even KNOW who lives there? This could be the home of an elderly couple who can't take care of their property the way they used to. Or a family that has a child with a serious, chronic illness, and the last thing on their minds right now is keeping up with the Joneses Alexanders.  Could be any number of reasons that have nothing to do with divorce. I'm sure it won't cross either her or Ken's mind to perhaps offer some neighborly help instead of snide criticism.

If, that is, this place really exists outside of Lori's fertile yet fetid imagination. 😕

Our neighbors are getting divorced. The house and lawn continue to look immaculate. One reason they are getting divorced is the husband is a complete asshole who cares more about keeping up appearances for the world than the mental and physical health of his soon to be ex-wife and their children. Busybody Lori would likely be shocked that it isn't the perfect family. We thought they were a nice, happy family until we got to know the wife and kids. And they are so far from it, it's tragic. But, hey, the lawn and outside of the house looks amazing. 

• Upvote 11

Click on the link on her TTW FB page:

Currently her Biblical FB  group has 2,199 members. Lori is admin, Tracy is moderator.

The leghumper fangirls are over the moon about this new Godly group from Lori "I know more than Jesus" Alexander

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2