Sydney Fox

So if the baby is due mid-May, that means conception happened round about 24th August. So NR- Anna WAS pregnant whilst hiking!

Maybe she conceived at the vacation cabin. ;)

Or, she would have been barely pregnant she might not have known.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know or think much about Anna's personality because despite appearing on a public sourced website on a pretty regular basis, none shows through. For that reason, this comment only applies to the Maxwell-born Maxwells, but could very easily apply to her:

I think their lives are so flat and flattened that they are incapable of feeling proper joy, even at something that is so truly and obviously joyous. Maybe the awe of a birth would be enough to get through to Christopher a little bit, but that's the only hope I hold. This isn't a happy occasion or something to celebrate, and that's without considering the equally depressing future of this hypothetical child.

(Yeah, this is speculation on the inner emotional lives of a family I've never met or conversed with. I don't think I'm wrong, though.)

I don't know or think much about Anna's personality because despite appearing on a public sourced website on a pretty regular basis, none shows through. For that reason, this comment only applies to the Maxwell-born Maxwells, but could very easily apply to her:

I think their lives are so flat and flattened that they are incapable of feeling proper joy, even at something that is so truly and obviously joyous. Maybe the awe of a birth would be enough to get through to Christopher a little bit, but that's the only hope I hold. This isn't a happy occasion or something to celebrate, and that's without considering the equally depressing future of this hypothetical child.

(Yeah, this is speculation on the inner emotional lives of a family I've never met or conversed with. I don't think I'm wrong, though.)

We all speculate on a family we don't know. But, they make it so we are all pretty accurate, I think, by posting their joyless existence on a public blog. Not only sharing it, but making it out to be something special. I don't think any of them have real emotion. They're completely trained to bury any emotion, good, bad or otherwise, in order to live as Steve wants to live. Everything fun or good or happy is bad and has the potential to become an idol, and the only idol the Maxwell family can have is Steve himself. Any emotion based on self is to be squashed and put away because how dare you not be perfectly content to live an entire life based on Steve's interpretation of the bible and life? One day, someone in that family is going to crack. I don't know who or when or how. But, I think most normal, emotionally healthy people know that when you bury your emotions, they don't disappear, they become layer upon layer of a volcano pit that will erupt.

Wait, I just went to the blog and there's no announcement. Is it in the comments?

There is speculation that it was announced at one of their sessions and the OP was there. Or maybe the OP knows the Maxwells IRL. Sputnik, will you reveal yourself? Even a little?

It's possible that maybe Anna Marie hasn't been sucked into their joyless existence, though. Maybe she will make the baby's life better...or even help that old dork Christopher get free. It doesn't seem like she has been trying to do that so far, though.

It's possible that maybe Anna Marie hasn't been sucked into their joyless existence, though. Maybe she will make the baby's life better...or even help that old dork Christopher get free. It doesn't seem like she has been trying to do that so far, though.

IDK, just before they were married an FJer found NR-Anna's blog. She had the "Are You A Good Person" test on there.

Seemed like Christopher's soul mate to me.

Oh, ugh. Well, I guess it was bound to happen. I just hope NR-Anna is happy about it. I mean, really, what else has she got to do? I hope she bonds with Melanie who, although she blanket trains, has at least a few recent years of mothering under her belt.

Its not on the blog(which I rushed to as soon I as read this title) and the person who posted was brand new so we need more into to make sure they are not jerking us around.Come on, give it....

Oh yeah. Another baby being born into a lifestyle of having no fun and serving Papa Maxwell because you know he still has control over Christopher despite him being married.

Isn't it just wonderful? :roll:

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it on the blog.

The NR stands for "non-reversal", because the other Anna in the family is "Reversal Anna", i.e. she was born after Steve's vasectomy was reversed, and Sarah has to referred to them before as "our reversal babies".

IDK, just before they were married an FJer found NR-Anna's blog. She had the "Are You A Good Person" test on there.

Seemed like Christopher's soul mate to me.

Ugh, that sucks. No rays of light in the Maxwell home...

Isn't it just wonderful? :roll:

I know I threw up some serious jazz hands, upon finding that another Steve-bot is imminent.

I'm happy for her because I would think that it would be very hard to be infertile in a fundie family. I just hope this doesn't turn into an annual thing.

If there IS a pregnancy, it is up to Christopher to write a post on their blog to announce. Nathan would personally write the blog posts when there was big news that pertained to his own family.

0What does NR mean in front of Anna's name?

Non-Reversal. The last 5 Maxwell kids were born after Steve got a vasectomy reversal (sometimes Sarah will write posts and refer to them as "our reversal children"). We all got sick of called Anna "Anna Marie" so she's now "Non-Reversal Anna".

Oh yeah. Another baby being born into a lifestyle of having no fun and serving Papa Maxwell because you know he still has control over Christopher despite him being married.

Exactly

As much as I like to snark on the Maxwells, I think we should wait for a confirmation from them before we comment on a child that may or may not even be concieved yet.

If she's pregnant, great for her. I think she needs something in her life other than being swallowed up by the Maxwell clan.

I find this to be much better news of pregnancy than say, a drug addicted woman getting pregnant and smoking crack and drinking everyday. Which is what my nephew's birth mother did, and our little sweetheart was born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

I find this to be much better news of pregnancy than say, a drug addicted woman getting pregnant and smoking crack and drinking everyday. Which is what my nephew's birth mother did, and our little sweetheart was born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

While I'm sorry for your nephew, this is a bizarre comparison to make.

"Well, hey, at least Gothard isn't telling his followers to build meth labs in their garages!"

While I'm sorry for your nephew, this is a bizarre comparison to make.

"Well, hey, at least Gothard isn't telling his followers to make meth labs in their garages!"

ITA I pity any child born into this messed up family.

I haven't seen any indication on their blog and I find it strange that they'd announce it during one of their session but not their blog. Presumably, they will announce it on the blog soon?

I'm half and half about the idea of a new Maxwell baby. On one hand, it is a wanted child, and it's hard to be infertile in fundie culture. OTOH, is it really something to celebrate that a child will grow up in such a household? He/she will grow up thinking everything around him is sinful and the only thing good is worship and prayer. Anything "fun" or enjoyable is bad. And if you're a girl, your life choices is limited to wife and motherhood. Maybe Christopher and NR Anna will bring their child up in a brighter environment. I feel Nathan and Melenie does that with their children. Somehow, I wonder if that is wishful thinking.....

Archived