Sydney Fox

They were married in October of 2010. And by her due date which is in May 2012, she wasn't pregnant with this baby until August 2011 or so. Of course, it's possible she miscarried with a previous pregnancy. Although I'm going with that they probably didn't consummate their marriage until Christopher could finally shed his guilt about sex (snarking here!). I'm sure after 32 years (I think that's his age) of being forbidden to even think about touching his own penis, much less engaging in any pleasure using it, he probably had a huge hurdle to get over mentally in order to have sex.

Just sayin'.

I'd actually prefer that they wait until they are comfortable with each other than succumb outside pressure to consummate a marriage with someone they barely know.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll be lucky if you can SEE the baby itll be covered in so much fabric.

Well, they certainly don't want that sinful newborn defrauding anyone, you know!

Anyone else feel like they didn't say much about Anna? On and on about Melanie, and just "oh yeah Anna's pregnancy is fine and uneventful" It's just kind of weird...

Guest LilaFowler
Poor Sarah. She gets to write happily about her sisters-in-law's pregnancies while she takes photos of her sister making yoghurt. What a full and interesting life that girl must lead. /total from the heart sarcasm

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Anyone else feel like they didn't say much about Anna? On and on about Melanie, and just "oh yeah Anna's pregnancy is fine and uneventful" It's just kind of weird...

I get the impression Christopher and Anna want more privacy.

Guest Anonymous

This.

And, of course, if Nathan and Melanie are relying on 'love offerings' and payments from the scamaritan ministries then they have greater need to tell their story publicly.

Thank God she's a Maxwell--this won't be difficult.

They need to make sure Sarah doesn't make that Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake until after the baby is born, then. That's the most exciting thing they do all year....

Yes, I think Steve said as much awhile back, didn't he? Along with a curt, "Something to think about.".

They were married in October of 2010. And by her due date which is in May 2012, she wasn't pregnant with this baby until August 2011 or so. Of course, it's possible she miscarried with a previous pregnancy. Although I'm going with that they probably didn't consummate their marriage until Christopher could finally shed his guilt about sex (snarking here!). I'm sure after 32 years (I think that's his age) of being forbidden to even think about touching his own penis, much less engaging in any pleasure using it, he probably had a huge hurdle to get over mentally in order to have sex.

Just sayin'.

Yes, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of these fundies actually have sexual problems, at least at first. Such an unhealthy way to view sex.

Just sayin'.

I am glad they got the chance to just be Anna and Christopher for a while before having babies. They seem to be nice people...Christopher just had a very unfortunate upbringing.

The sad thing is, the three oldest Maxwells spent much more time in the normal world than their younger siblings. At one time, the boys played baseball, they went to a real church, they had friends at church and around the neighborhood, and they participated in a youth group (probably AWANA, although Steve and Teri don't mention the name in their writings). The younger cohort were much more isolated.

The sad thing is, the three oldest Maxwells spent much more time in the normal world than their younger siblings. At one time, the boys played baseball, they went to a real church, they had friends at church and around the neighborhood, and they participated in a youth group (probably AWANA, although Steve and Teri don't mention the name in their writings). The younger cohort were much more isolated.

Yeah, I was reading this post about how supervised their internet usage is and I thought no wonder these kids are so weird! I feel sorriest for Mary, she has absolutely no idea about the outside world...

titus2.com/corners/6-09-m.htm

At this point, only the children over eighteen have access to the Internet on their computers. Joseph (20) and John (18) use the Internet when a sibling is sitting beside them who can see their screens. That gives an added level of accountability. Even my husband, Steve, and older son, Christopher, have an open-door policy with their computer work. Any family member can walk into their offices and observe what they are doing on their computers. Sarah and I have full access to look over their systems as well, and we receive reports on where each person has gone on the Internet.

I know it's the Maxwells but still :shock:

This.

Anna seems very shy and private, Christopher has prob asked for privacy for her. Also, if she had trouble getting pregnant or had a miscarriage. She might not want to have a lot of attention on her. For me, with the problems that I had with my 2nd (lost my plug at 20 weeks, went into preemie labor several times, and had her 5 weeks early), then taking 9 months to get pregnant with my 3rd, I didn't want to tell anyone that I was pregnant, I was super nervous.

Yeah, I was reading this post about how supervised their internet usage is and I thought no wonder these kids are so weird! I feel sorriest for Mary, she has absolutely no idea about the outside world...

titus2.com/corners/6-09-m.htm

I can just see this conversation, "Dad, what is this Free Jinger, you've been visiting? Who is she? Does Mom know?" like Stevie is going to let GIRL see what he's been doing....

Sounds like a prison to me... which the Maxwell compound really is.

It never ceases to amaze me how little fundies - not just the Maxwells but pretty much all the families we discuss here - trust their kids, even the adult kids or the parents themselves (Steve-O, Jim Boob). If they have been raised, err, sorry, TRAINED so godly they claim to be then why all the distrust? Do they fear that Satan himself tries to lure little Joseph/Steve/JD or whoever the moment they open up their laptops?! Or are their hard trained minds so weak that at the first possible moment they lose their self-control and instead of Vision Forum they type Victoria's Secret in the address field?

Just.Don't.Get.It.

Sounds like a prison to me... which the Maxwell compound really is.

It never ceases to amaze me how little fundies - not just the Maxwells but pretty much all the families we discuss here - trust their kids, even the adult kids or the parents themselves (Steve-O, Jim Boob). If they have been raised, err, sorry, TRAINED so godly they claim to be then why all the distrust? Do they fear that Satan himself tries to lure little Joseph/Steve/JD or whoever the moment they open up their laptops?! Or are their hard trained minds so weak that at the first possible moment they lose their self-control and instead of Vision Forum they type Victoria's Secret in the address field?

Just.Don't.Get.It.

Then they marry. They go literally from a "child" to adult having sexual relations in ONE day. They go from Mommy & Daddy standing over their shoulder watching everything they do, to having their own home, paying bills, making decisions in ONE day. :roll:

I can just see this conversation, "Dad, what is this Free Jinger, you've been visiting? Who is she? Does Mom know?" like Stevie is going to let GIRL see what he's been doing....

:lol: :lol: :lol: And we all know that Stevie spends quite a bit of time here on Free Jinger.

I've snarked him a few times in the comments section and after they have been discussed on here they suddenly get altered or deleted as do Sarah's blogs.

Then there were the people who did the innuendo comments on the yogurt post, when I went to check them out after they had been flagged up on here, all the innuendo bits had been edited out. Which reads to me that Stevie wanted to keep the comments numbers up due to their falling conference popularity. Why not just delete the whole comment Stevie? or are you trying to be clever?

BTW Hi Stevie!!!!!!! Hope Teri has not popped to the shop to buy a sneaky Pepsi while your are reading this.... :hand:

A bit off topic, but Maxwell related. In the pictures of Nathan and Bethany outside in the snow, the little girl is sitting on a sled wearing a dress. She's probably bundled up underneath, but wouldn't a snowsuit be warmer? I realize it might be defrauding, but you can get very "girly" snowsuits. Wouldn't it encourage the girls to play outside more if they weren't bothered by snow going down their boots and cold wind blowing up their skirts? Perhaps where they live, snow is a rarity. Do the more northern fundies provide snow gear for their females? The Duggar girls all wore ski suits when skiing last year.

Doesn't Sarah notice when comments disappear or are edited after she's approved them? Doesn't she ever get curious and ask her dad why?

Then there were the people who did the innuendo comments on the yogurt post, when I went to check them out after they had been flagged up on here, all the innuendo bits had been edited out.

John, I assumed it was you who wrote those innuendo laden yogurt comments!

Although I suppose if it was you, you would have worked "elderly" into the post. :lol:

I did a quick evaluation of my internet usage from a Maxwellian/Orwellian standpoint, and I honestly don't think anything passed muster. From my most commonly visted pages, here are the results:

FJ and another general interest message board- inappropriate! Unchristian! Defrauding! Profane!

St. Louis Cardinals official site- sports are an idol!

Various pages on my university's site- liberal agenda! My parents aren't here with me!

Netflix- oh hell, no!

Bank and credit card- I'm an unmarried woman, why do I have my own bank account? My dad should be in control of that.

Various fashion and clothes stores- defrauding, and clothes are an idol!

The only thing that might be ok is allrecipes.com, or the fundie blogs linked from FJ, but I read those ironically, so I don't think they count.

I can not imagine living in such a restrictive environment as an adult, unable to look at clothes, find a book at the library, or check out a sports score. Other things, like looking up TV schedules, or when bands are touring, are so far out of their realm of experience, I can hardly even apply the Maxwell filter.

Guest Anonymous

John, I assumed it was you who wrote those innuendo laden yogurt comments!

Nah. Those posts were crass, not clever enough to be johnhugh. The best fj infiltrations are much more subtle. :D

Doesn't Sarah notice when comments disappear or are edited after she's approved them? Doesn't she ever get curious and ask her dad why?

I don't think Sarah approves comments anymore. I believe Stevie does this now.

Yeah they have some pretty crazy stuff in that post. Like this little gem:

For free e-mail accounts, we have found Gmail to be much less objectionable than many others that offer free e-mail.

How are some email accounts more or less objectionable than others? It's email forcrissakes :shock:

Archived