IGNORED

Lori Alexander 83: Fully Cook the Chicken!

19 hours ago, Loveday said:

Her pie must be heavy as lead.

I've often thought that, too. Especially looking at her Einkorn crust. It's the same recipe she uses for her pizza crust. It's gotta be so hard and thick. 

I was thinking about this last night as I baked a from scratch apple pie (even though I  use Pillsbury roll out crusts) She, us working women can also bake pies! That was after I made chicken fajitas!  

12 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Is my family the only one that wants and loves the green bean casserole with the crunchy onions on top???

I could eat VATS of green bean casserole!  LOVE IT

• Upvote 3

So on Lori's second IG account (I'm blocked from the first). she posts this today as her cover photo. Honestly I don't know why anything Lori does is shocking to me by now, but this seems over the top. She is fortified by her new "viral" tikTok video and is feeling invincible.  I wonder if Ken approves?   Truly awful. For all her protestations of being a "grandma who just wants to teach"  This says to me she just wants to be contentious to own the feminists. 

lori alexander.jpg

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 9
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love green bean casserole. I think it’s more of a staple of the Midwest thanksgivings. I look forward to it along with all the other sides. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Baked corn. Pumpkin roll. Now I’m getting hungry. 

I sometimes wonder why we all agree to eat the same foods on Thanksgiving.

I visited a family from China once for Thanksgiving and we had a whole fish! It was delicious, so much nicer than turkey, and the sides were amazing too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

So on Lori's second IG account (I'm blocked from the first). she posts this today as her cover photo. Honestly I don't know why anything Lori does is shocking to me by now, but this seems over the top. She is fortified by her new "viral" tikTok video and is feeling invincible.  I wonder if Ken approves?   Truly awful. For all her protestations of being a "grandma who just wants to teach"  This says to me she just wants to be contentious to own the feminists. 

lori alexander.jpg

I actually had about ten different reactions to this, so I had a hard time choosing an emoji. Finally went with What The Fuck, because it covers just about all the others as well!

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I actually had about ten different reactions to this, so I had a hard time choosing an emoji. Finally went with What The Fuck, because it covers just about all the others as well!

She must have had a lot of blow back even from her followers because she now has a new photo posted and in her stories says "a lot of people didn't think that was the right photo for me so I switched it"

The internet remembers, Lori!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

I may be a bit dense, but I really do wonder just what that photo was meant to convey, as well as what she thought it conveyed about her "ministry." I did notice the blow back from some of her longtime followers.

• Upvote 5

Yes: putting up a picture of yourself that could be interpreted as your eventual destination after death is a bit odd.

• Haha 12

Lori says she's being censored on IG--posts disappearing and what not. While I take her statement with a grain of salt, I am a tech idiot so maybe there's something to it. Can someone enlighten me? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Foursquare said:

Lori says she's being censored on IG--posts disappearing and what not. While I take her statement with a grain of salt, I am a tech idiot so maybe there's something to it. Can someone enlighten me? 

As far as I've been able to tell, all her IG posts are right where she left them. They're repeats of her FB posts, for the most part, or of her tweets. I don't usually look at her stories or whatever IG calls them, because I forget they're there. But some of her worst posts are still right there, so if IG is censoring her, I don't know what they're actually censoring. People are actually asking her what's missing, and she's not answering. She also said that people can't find her on Twitter as well--which sounds more to me like a problem on their end, not hers. I think she just wants people to think she's being persecuted. 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Maybe she doesn't understand that insta stories disappear after 24 hours or whatever. Lori is not very smart. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

I. Am. Speechless. 

IMG_0696.png

I'm surprised I'm still speechless. How does Lori manage to still surprise me? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

She's been saying that for years, but she still trots on over to her polling location every election day and votes. The hypocrisy. It burns.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

She’s getting a couple of push back posts. Like, yes, women shouldn’t vote, and if those who believe that don’t, it will be better for Progressive candidates. She really is dumb as a fence post.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

I agree with Lori that she should not vote.  The rest of us can vote in every election.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I grew up having turkey with cornbread dressing, rice, sweet potatoes, corn. green beans, giblet gravy (with a couple bolled eggs sliced in it)., homemade rolls,  and pumpkin pie for dessert.

Before we got married. my husband and I went with his family to Plymouth, Massachusetts and his aunt's house for Thanksgiving.  She served potatoes instead of rice and the stuffing was different and we had some different sides, but it was good and I ate loads.  Since marriage, we always had mashed potatoes,  stuffing (Often Stove Top) Parker House Rolls along with the other traditional dishes.  we more recently added baked macaroni and cheese and green bean casserole to the menu.  Cranberry sauce must be canned as my husband and others like the stripes from the can.  We also have both apple and pumpkin pie,  both with homemade crusts.  I've got a great recipe for pie crusts and an apple peeler which helps a lot.  I think we are going down to Columbia for Thanksgiving this year as my youngest  daughter and her boyfriend recently re-did their kitchen and she also has to work the next day.  Her sisters and I will pitch in with the cooking.

• Love 8

@fluffernutter, in the previous thread, you asked about my sweet potato chicken chili. 

It is embarrassingly easy. I basically use my basic chili recipe* and add corn and sweet potatoes, subbing in chicken for the ground beef. I really like chicken thighs but will use whatever I have, even shredded rotisserie chicken. It is also good with ground turkey.  

*The basic ingredients:

black beans

chili beans in mild sauce

petite diced tomatoes

frozen cubed sweet potatoes

canned or frozen corn

shredded chicken

one packet of McCormick chili seasoning (don’t judge me, please)

I don’t have a set recipe  I just start filling a pot  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

@fluffernutter, in the previous thread, you asked about my sweet potato chicken chili. 

It is embarrassingly easy. I basically use my basic chili recipe* and add corn and sweet potatoes, subbing in chicken for the ground beef. I really like chicken thighs but will use whatever I have, even shredded rotisserie chicken. It is also good with ground turkey.  

*The basic ingredients:

black beans

chili beans in mild sauce

petite diced tomatoes

frozen cubed sweet potatoes

canned or frozen corn

shredded chicken

one packet of McCormick chili seasoning (don’t judge me, please)

I don’t have a set recipe  I just start filling a pot  

No judgement at all! So what is the broth base? Is it tomato-ish or like chicken brothy if that makes sense?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

No judgement at all! So what is the broth base? Is it tomato-ish or like chicken brothy if that makes sense?

More tomato based. I do not drain my diced tomatoes and only add water, tomato juice or sauce for the liquid, if needed. It has always seemed to me that tomatoes and sweet potatoes weren’t a good pairing; but we love this. 

• Upvote 2

@usmcmom I'll have to that a go! We make soup once a week- I just got the stuff to make chicken and stars soup this week. My forever favorites are split pea and ham and bean. 

The Parkway Bakery (I'm 74 and my parents would go there when they were dating) recently added a Thanksgiving Poboy.  It's roasted turkey, gravy, dressing and cranberry sauce on French bread.  The line literally goes down a couple of blocks down Bayou St. John.  I probably wouldn't like it as well since I think dressing on bread is not my cup of root beer.

• Upvote 2

On 11/8/2023 at 11:37 AM, Loveday said:

And furthermore, she can stick her Einkorn flour where the Thanksgiving Day sun don't shine, because I'm using Marie Callender pie crusts (I can't make it homemade to save my life I've tried many a time!), Libby canned pumpkin, and loads of spices. And sugar. NO molasses or whatever that was she put in her pie. There's a place for molasses, but pumpkin pie isn't it. Her pie must be heavy as lead.

My sister-in-law has used maple syrup instead of sugar the last two years. Because that's not sugar and cane sugar is heroin and she is saving us from addiction. 

I don't really like maple. No matter what these "maple syrup is not sugar and you can substitute it and not taste it!" people claim, you can taste it in things. Maple and pumpkin is a no from me.  And the texture of the pie filling is not right when you put freaking syrup in it. I'm done and will not eat any this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

One of my daughters is always trying to get me to make a different pecan pie recipe that uses maple syrup, because mine uses karo syrup. It's the only thing I make with corn syrup alllll year long. And I also make a pumpkin anyway, so let me have my once a year pecan pie, dammit! 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

One of my daughters is always trying to get me to make a different pecan pie recipe that uses maple syrup, because mine uses karo syrup. It's the only thing I make with corn syrup alllll year long. And I also make a pumpkin anyway, so let me have my once a year pecan pie, dammit! 🤣

Your body cannot tell the difference between corn syrup, maple syrup, cane sugar or honey. It's all digested and metabolized the same. It's all just sugar.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1