Sydney Fox

Well, I am at least happy that Nathan and Melanie's kids will have a cousin to "fellowship" with (no playing!) and maybe Melanie and Anna can team up on the homeschooling. No doubt Anna and Chris will have a ton of kids, I am guessing her youth and fortitude were what lead Christopher to her. I am sure Melanie's family helps, but, I am equally sure that the Maxwells would never acknowledge that Nathan and Melanie need help from anyone but them.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if she has to keep down the "excitement" - there may be no more sweet, sweet fellowship until after the baby is born. Which would put them in a conundrum, I would think. You've got to keep the man happy or he will stray! Yet if you do your pg is jeopardized. What to do, what to do...

I wonder if she has to keep down the "excitement" - there may be no more sweet, sweet fellowship until after the baby is born. Which would put them in a conundrum, I would think. You've got to keep the man happy or he will stray! Yet if you do your pg is jeopardized. What to do, what to do...

I suspect she has been on pelvic rest for most of her pregnancies.

I'm glad all's going well for them. Do you think Anna could find an uglier dress??

Ah, I see. *grumble* Now I could beef because I'm sure Maxwellism condemns government aid as inappropriate except where it benefits a Maxwellist ... but I won't. It's too pretty a day, outside. ;) Anyway, thank you for the info, treemom!

....Plural marriage?

Just a thought.

Well, Melanie may qualify for medicaid, but I don't know if they actually take it. The progesterone shots can't be cheap without a traditional insurance plan but I am willing to believe Nathan is paying for it in cash. The Maxwells seems the type of family to eschew gov't "interference" even when it would benefit them. I can imagine that Melanie is not taking any medicaid. If the couple continues to have a quiverfull, I wonder how long before their Samaritan policy will stop paying.....

Could Anna's ugly brown dress scream any more loudly "I made this frumper myself!"? Oy. It's unfortunate the way it, well, doesn't fit. She's a pretty woman -- a natural beauty (well, I think so). It's too bad she's a Maxwell. But she's got a genuine smile on her face -- not the frozen scared look she had in their wedding photos.

Melanie is always beautiful. I think it's fair that the Maxwells help her. I'm sure she works like a dog when she's not pregnant (and isn't this #6 for her?). Poor girl.

Hopefully the babies will both be born healthy and that Melanie will help Anna since Anna's family lives so far away.

Well, Melanie may qualify for medicaid, but I don't know if they actually take it. The progesterone shots can't be cheap without a traditional insurance plan but I am willing to believe Nathan is paying for it in cash. The Maxwells seems the type of family to eschew gov't "interference" even when it would benefit them. I can imagine that Melanie is not taking any medicaid. If the couple continues to have a quiverfull, I wonder how long before their Samaritan policy will stop paying.....

I looked. They are abt $1500 each. She's getting one per week. That's a lot of money, even for the Maxwell's.

I looked. They are abt $1500 each. She's getting one per week. That's a lot of money, even for the Maxwell's.

So the Samaritan thing only covers hospital stays and not medicine and dr. visits? Wow. A family like this could go broke quickly.

She's getting weekly progesterone shots.

This is going to sound really mean but...with these people, it's only about "god's will" is that "will" is the same as their own desires.

This is going to sound really mean but...with these people, it's only about "god's will" is that "will" is the same as their own desires.

True, mostly. Although Melanie lost a baby at three days. They called that "god's will" too, but I'm pretty sure none of that family wanted that to happen. That was super sad.

There's a great quote (supposedly) by Susan B. Anthony that sums up this very idea: "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Not surprisingly, I find it applies to the majority of people who wind up getting snarked on this board!

Wow, Anna's outfit is very unflattering. That's a lot of fabric!

She's thinking ahead. Those folds in her dress will grow with her as her stomach expands, and then fold back down as she loses the baby weight. Plus, the button front will give her easy access for nursing (as long as she's not wearing a turtleneck).

I love to think how excited she must have been when she had a reason to buy the maternity pattern, and sew that first maternity dress for herself. Can't wait to see what outfits she makes for the baby.

Guest Anonymous
Can't wait to see what outfits she makes for the baby.

Poor baby will almost certainly get something made with the remnants of the blue check 'his n hers' fabric that she used for the matching shirt and frumper outfits.

Guest Anonymous

I think both Anna and Melanie seem to be genuinely comfortable in their respective styles.

Melanie looks very strained in that photo though. The stress of knowing she may not carry the baby anywhere near to term must be awful.

This is Anna's first pregnancy right? I can't remember when she got married but I seem to remember thinking that it was taking her a little while to get pregnant (at least compared to certain extremely fertile fundies we know). If that's the case, maybe she and Christopher won't have a ridiculous amount of kids. One can hope, anyway. Does anyone remember when she was married? I am glad to see that she looks genuinely happy in the photo.

This is Anna's first pregnancy right? I can't remember when she got married but I seem to remember thinking that it was taking her a little while to get pregnant (at least compared to certain extremely fertile fundies we know). If that's the case, maybe she and Christopher won't have a ridiculous amount of kids. One can hope, anyway. Does anyone remember when she was married? I am glad to see that she looks genuinely happy in the photo.

They were married in October of 2010. And by her due date which is in May 2012, she wasn't pregnant with this baby until August 2011 or so. Of course, it's possible she miscarried with a previous pregnancy. Although I'm going with that they probably didn't consummate their marriage until Christopher could finally shed his guilt about sex (snarking here!). I'm sure after 32 years (I think that's his age) of being forbidden to even think about touching his own penis, much less engaging in any pleasure using it, he probably had a huge hurdle to get over mentally in order to have sex.

Just sayin'.

I love to think how excited she must have been when she had a reason to buy the maternity pattern, and sew that first maternity dress for herself. Can't wait to see what outfits she makes for the baby.

Youll be lucky if you can SEE the baby itll be covered in so much fabric.

I noticed that many of the replies to the replies were a little more, dare I say encouraging? Or at least friendly. Not sure who's writing them, but it's definitely a (welcome) change from the short, chippy, Steve-esque replies we've all come to know and love.

Not that they read here or anything...

While it's good to know that Melanie is successfully able to avoid excitement, I was majorly pissed to read that her SIL has to clean the house, since obviously Nathan the noble headship could never pick up a sponge or a broom.

As for the pelvic rest thing, maybe they have graduated to upper division (and lower body) hand sex?

Poor Sarah. She gets to write happily about her sisters-in-law's pregnancies while she takes photos of her sister making yoghurt. What a full and interesting life that girl must lead. /total from the heart sarcasm

...I was majorly pissed to read that her SIL has to clean the house, since obviously Nathan the noble headship could never pick up a sponge or a broom.

I was wondering what Nathan really does if Teri goes grocery shopping for them and "the girls" clean their house... 1TonRamp surely can't take ALL of his time.

I was pleased to see a first (?) photo of just Melanie & NR Anna together. I hope they do get along fine and NR Anna gets some good advice and encouragement from Melanie during this first pregnancy. She lives so far away from her own family and having your first kid is probably (I don't have any kids so I'm just assuming) very confusing even for hard core born-to-breed fundies.

Archived