Sydney Fox

I'll join you. I personally wouldn't spill private info about people I knew here, but I'm not too bothered when others do. Though I gotta say, it is pretty telling that the Maxwells have so many "friends" that are willing to snark and gossip about them. With friends like that who needs enemies. LOL But I'm always game for more Maxwell gossip. :)

I wish we could get some inside scoops on Dougie and the Botkins. That would be the best present ever! Come on former interns, you know you still read here! Tell us all about what Dougie is really like. Pretty please?!

Word.

I have about as much respect for Steve as he would for me. That would be less than zero. I wouldn't care is someone stole his diary and did a podcast with it. I would probably pay to listen to it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see it either and never have. Nathan is just as much his father's droid as the rest of them. .
I think the illusion of them seeming a bit different or more open might just be because they still only have two kids, and they don't have quite the slew of family businesses run by the kids (because those kids are young). So we're seeing Maxwellian toddler life, and comparing it with Maxwellian teenager life. Regular toddlers have a fairly small world as it is, but the difference of the Maxwell life will just get greater and more obvious with age.

But yeah, the praying for squirrels and cicadas thing, where the whole family was thrilled with Abby praying to the Santa Claus God rather than learning (what I would consider to be) normal basic behavior-in-a-group skills and how to ask other human beings for things, really emphasized just how much the same they all are.

A friend of the family doesn't mean the Maxwells. Anna has a family, too. And I wasn't even close enough to be invited to the wedding. I just have a lot of concern about Anna. Finally, why would sharing the announcement of a birth be a negative. I have seen a lot of people wondering why no baby, and I wanted to share the good news so the speculation will end. I think many of those who post care about Anna's well being, even if they don't care for the Maxwells. You shouldn't assume everyone is mean.

A friend of the family doesn't mean the Maxwells. Anna has a family, too. And I wasn't even close enough to be invited to the wedding. I just have a lot of concern about Anna. Finally, why would sharing the announcement of a birth be a negative. I have seen a lot of people wondering why no baby, and I wanted to share the good news so the speculation will end. I think many of those who post care about Anna's well being, even if they don't care for the Maxwells. You shouldn't assume everyone is mean.

I don't think you've posted anything too over-the-top, and I don't think you were mean about anything. Personally, I don't think that it's bad that some people who know the Maxwells post here. They're not particularly snarky, and nothing they've posted has been shocking or anything like that, so it's not like they're screwing the Maxwells over by telling us their deepest, darkest secrets. They've just offered their insights on occasion. I dunno, maybe the Maxwells would feel differently, but it doesn't seem like too big of a deal to me.

Guest Anonymous

New members who post one-liners obviously do not end speculation - they increase it. If you or any other lurker would like to introduce yourself when first posting, I am sure you will be made very welcome. But coming on here to post a snippet of unvalidated information doesn't really establish yourself as a reliable witness and concerned friend of Anna, so yeah, you got snarked on too, on this occasion. :whistle:

My comments were not so much about you in particular, but about the whole number of new posters on this matter lately, who have self-identified as family friends and then gone on to disclose information that was presumably shared in confidence about them. I don't get that and am as interested in those posters' motivations as I am in the families themselves.

Thanks for clarifying sputnik. I think that people here mean that etiquette states that a pregnancy announcement should come from the family, not via 3rd hand. I'm not knocking you for it though, just explaining.

People do care about Anna's well-being, how could we not? She has married into a family version of Stockholm Syndrome. On one hand I am thrilled for her that she is pregnant but on the other I mourn the fact that another child will be under Steve's control.

It makes me wonder what will happen when Steve eventually dies. Will another Maxwell step up to the plate? Do they have that in them? Or will the family implode and go their separate ways in they own way without Steve reinforcing the brick wall they have built around themselves.

Welcome, Sputnik. It must be hard on Anna to be so far away from her family. Experiencing pregnancy and becoming a new Mom is going to be hard when so far away from her Mom.

I find it really weird that so-called 'friends' of the Maxwell family come here to snark. I don't have any friends that I disrespect so much to talk about their private business on an internet forum.

Most folks I know laugh at themselves and their own "weirdness". And if it's family and friends, all laugh together. It's therapeutic. To me, if the Maxwells have gone public with their choices, it's not disrespectful to laugh. It would be nice if the Maxwells join the laughter, but I'm not thinking they do. Stating, somewhat publicly here, opinions about their choices, doesn't seem a far cry from them very publicly stating their opinions of those who do not agree with them. Personal announcements may fit in another category, but at least it was news, about which, we can be pretty confident the whole Maxwell clan are thrilled about.

Steve is their God. He controls everything in their lives.

Steve gave Nathan "30 seconds" to speak at the appearance I attended. I know it's true because Nathan said so as he took the microphone. And it's not topmost in my mind but he didn't speak too much longer than that. I think Abby, mumbling out her Bible verses, took significantly longer which just goes to show me that Steve wanted total control over the proceedings (this was at the tail end of the concert that opened up the conference.

It also showed how Steve doesn't even trust his firstborn son and provider of his grandchildren to have any stage sense after over a decade of preaching (I mean Nathans preached for over a decade by now.

Also as nicely as Nathan smiled at the Little girl and as comparatively relaxed A's Melanie seemed i hate to tell you but Nathan can have the crazy eyes. As to whether Chris'swife is pg I have no comment. Just wanted to tell my observation of Steve In Control !!!11!!!! 1

Steve gave Nathan "30 seconds" to speak at the appearance I attended. I know it's true because Nathan said so as he took the microphone. And it's not topmost in my mind but he didn't speak too much longer than that. I think Abby, mumbling out her Bible verses, took significantly longer which just goes to show me that Steve wanted total control over the proceedings (this was at the tail end of the concert that opened up the conference.

It also showed how Steve doesn't even trust his firstborn son and provider of his grandchildren to have any stage sense after over a decade of preaching (I mean Nathans preached for over a decade by now.

Also as nicely as Nathan smiled at the Little girl and as comparatively relaxed A's Melanie seemed i hate to tell you but Nathan can have the crazy eyes. As to whether Chris'swife is pg I have no comment. Just wanted to tell my observation of Steve In Control !!!11!!!! 1

Phyllis, Just curious at what the conference audience was like. Did they seem to be mainly fundies? Was there a mix of "moderate" Christians? How did they seem to react to the horse and pony show? Did you overhead people talking amoungst themselves when the Maxwell's weren't around? Did they seem to be selling a lot of stuff or where there more brousers?

Just a hunch, but if NR-Anna is pregnant, I'm thinking they (Christopher) won't announce it 'til after they are home.

When they are away the blog is for drumming up business, news about Uriah's latest problems, and requests for prayers to get Uriah's latest problems fixed. NR-Anna's news would overwhelm all that.

Just a hunch, but if NR-Anna is pregnant, I'm thinking they (Christopher) won't announce it 'til after they are home.

When they are away the blog is for drumming up business, news about Uriah's latest problems, and requests for prayers to get Uriah's latest problems fixed. NR-Anna's news would overwhelm all that.

This.

Well, now that it's official, I offer my congratulations as well. On one hand, I feel sorry for any child born into this kind of lifestyle. But babies are always worth celebrating! Hope NR-Anna has a safe and healthy pregnancy and she and Christopher enjoy their new little one!

Congratulations to Anna, I suppose. I'm not celebrating the conception of another cult member.

ETA: Hopefully, Anna will encourage Christopher to dial down the crazy for the sake of the little one.

Poor little baby. I pray (for real) that Christopher and Anna can escape the grips of Steve and learn to love and enjoy living. If not that child is going to have a crappy childhood.

Anna does look fabulous and dare I say Christopher looked RELAXED in that picture? No crazy eyes, that is the first time I have seem him looking normal. I guess our newest" friend of the family" really is real.

I wish I saw some big differences in how Nathan and Melanie bring up their kids, but I just don't.

While I hope the Younger Maxwell parents lighten up loads, it isn't uncommon to raise kids the way you were raised. Remember, they have been taught that this is "right" and "good" and all those other words.

And, someone mentioned a strict schedule at Nathan's house. So what. That makes kids feel secure and can be a very good thing. Yes, like anything, it too can become "an idol," but for the most part little kids thrive on a strict schedule. I guess I don't see the harm there.

Overall though I think the Maxwell's need help. They need to let their kids grow up and make their own decisions. What would happen if Steve were killed in a car accident? Or dropped dead of a heart attack? Who'd make the decisions then?

Guest Anonymous

And, someone mentioned a strict schedule at Nathan's house. So what. That makes kids feel secure and can be a very good thing. Yes, like anything, it too can become "an idol," but for the most part little kids thrive on a strict schedule. I guess I don't see the harm there.

I don't think there is anything at all wrong with scheduling, and I do think there is evidence that Melanie gives the girls a nicer childhood than Stevie would - they have doctor's surgery toys, proper story books etc. However, the schedule includes blanket training, which is a big "so what" and seriously crosses the line of normal parenting for me.

Guest Anonymous
Anna does look fabulous and dare I say Christopher looked RELAXED in that picture? No crazy eyes, that is the first time I have seem him looking normal. I guess our newest" friend of the family" really is real.

That is the nicest photo I have seen of Anna yet - more radiant than her wedding day!

I think she seems like a nice girl (as far as fundies go). As a shallow, snarky aside, I do hope that some terrible accident will happen to destroy any leftover fabric from the matching shirt she bought to trim her frock - otherwise, come May 20th next year, I can see new baby Max appearing in a blue gingham edged onsie, together with matching mom and dad.... :mrgreen:

The thing about schedules is that it is always the parent's schedule being imposed. What if you want to feed a baby every 4 hours but they get hungry after 2? What if your preschooler still needs two naps, or conversely does not need one at all, but the mom is hell-bent on enforcing a single afternoon nap?

I have a semblance of a schedule, but it is constantly changing and depends on the needs of my children, most specifically my two youngest. You cannot expect young children to function well without their needs met. imo, telling a baby when to eat is like telling them when they will get their diaper changed. You do it when they need it, there probably is a pattern, and that pattern is their schedule.

Archived