Sydney Fox

I'm sure if he said "Anna's pregnant", everybody would know WHICH Anna.... :shock: .

I have a question- so before she became a Maxwell, everyone in her life just called her Anna? And the Maxwells added her middle name to differentiate her from their daughter/sister? If so, that is really kinda messed up...

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question- so before she became a Maxwell, everyone in her life just called her Anna? And the Maxwells added her middle name to differentiate her from their daughter/sister? If so, that is really kinda messed up...

Yup!

My family has four Mike's and three Kelly's. Somehow, we've never had any trouble differentiating between them.

My husband and I share names with his sister and her husband but we all just use our names. No need to add middle ones.

Anna Marie's little sister's name is Sarah, but the Maxwells changed her name to "Gracie" (I am assuming that is her middle name).

If she's pregnant, great for her. I think she needs something in her life other than being swallowed up by the Maxwell clan.

I find this to be much better news of pregnancy than say, a drug addicted woman getting pregnant and smoking crack and drinking everyday. Which is what my nephew's birth mother did, and our little sweetheart was born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

At least your nephew has a chance at a better life. These fundie kids are doomed with terrible educations, subjected to all kinds of abuse, are raised in a cult like environment, and are ruined by the time they are adults.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read the latest blog post. The last picture is of Bethany with the caption, "What a cute big sister!"

What think you, FJ? Hint or mistype?

Well it is a mistype since they haven't announced it yet. The only question is if she's getting a little sibling or if they just were compeletly wrong. I say the best way to tell is if it's fixed in the next couple days.

Did you notice, that the world "sweet" was not used in this blog post.

Somebody reads here!

Hi STEVE!!!!!!!

:dance:

Well it is a mistype since they haven't announced it yet.

I dunno, I thought it might be possible that they were intentionally dropping a hint. Hopefully with Melanie and Nathan's blessing, though, it being their news to share.

ETA because I'm a dope (I blame it on the past week or so of moving into a new place!): when I said "mistype," I wasn't thinking of "Oops, maybe she let something slip that she wasn't supposed to." I was thinking more along the lines of maybe she had a spacey moment and typed "big sister" instead of "little sister" or "big girl." Seems like a super-odd mistake to make, though, but if I'd lived under the iron fist of Steve Maxwell my entire life, the state of my brain probably wouldn't be anything to brag about.

Good catch, I didn't catch that but I do remember thinking maybe she looked it a little or was just standing in that hunchy mom pose that adds stomach even if you are skinny.

Yeah, the belly in that picture could be pregnant/bloated/whatever.

Maybe the Maxwells are reading our complaints that they are boring lately and trying to create a little excitement.

Well, if they are reading then they know Sarah needs a man! I am about ready to send a message to the Arndt's that God laid it on my heart to share the website of the godly Maxwell's with pics of Sarah. I can't take much more waiting for Steve to get off his ass.

I think it's kind of sad (weird) they had to ask their neighbors to share how they came into the neighborhood. They've lived there since the mid-90's at least. They should know that by now.

There won't be an announcement if because they are protecting Nathan and Melanie's privacy, dontchyaknow. The little remark was all they got for the gawkers who are so nosey as to dare to ask how a pregnant woman and her relatively new husband are doing. They aren't going to set any of the others up for such a blatant privacy invasion.

Confirmation that she is pregnant, a person asked about it and he said "Tammy, you’re the first to “get†it. There will be another post coming.

Steve"

Figure the post will be in the next few days about it.

These comments made me :roll:

Thanks for posting this…what a great, non-threatening way to get to know neighbors!

We’ve been praying about inviting our neighbors over, but we’ve put it off for so long–mainly because our neighbors just don’t seem interested in communicating with us (or other neighbors) at all.

Who knew having neighbors over could be so fraught with angst? If you're worried about feeling "threatened" by neighbors and have to pray about inviting them over, then maybe it's time to move to your very own compound.

My question for the Maxwells is: Why now? You've lived there for almost 20 years. Why make an effort to get to know the neighbors now? I'm wondering if the neighbors are annoyed about something and this brunch was an attempt at damage control. Either that, or they are looking for people to buy their shit.

The Maxwells seem much more open and less private about Nathan and Melanie than they do about Christopher and NR-Anna.

I suppose Christopher and NR-Anna want it that way. At least I hope that's the reason.

Yep. Melanie's pregnant - Steve's confirmed it in a reply to a comment this morning. Supposedly a new post is coming soon.

Confirmation that she is pregnant, a person asked about it and he said "Tammy, you’re the first to “get†it. There will be another post coming.

Steve"

Like it was so hard to "get"...

It's kind of sad for Anna. This is her first pregnancy and she so far from home. Melanie has had bed rest for her past pregnancies. I hope they can still make Anna feel special.

I;m sad for Anna for all those reasons plus they announced the pregnancy then immediately posted several other blog posts and it was hidden or totally missed if you didn't go looking for it.

Archived