Sydney Fox

ITA I pity any child born into this messed up family.

Yeah. Some situations are "worse" than others but no child should have to be born into either of the ones described. Everything is relative. There's always going to be something worse. Doesn't mean I have to be happy for another soul for this Maxwell asshole's religious cult.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't seen any indication on their blog and I find it strange that they'd announce it during one of their session but not their blog. Presumably, they will announce it on the blog soon?

I also find it strange that they announced it at the conference and not at the blog. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Posting this on my phone, so I can't go back to the specific thread. I find the timing of this announcement very strange.

Putting on my conspiracy theorist hat...

Within the past few days, rainbowcolor, who knows the Maxwells, stated that Christopher was not gay and that he/she was not concerned about NRAnna not getting pregnant. Then, all of the sudden, a new poster drops in and drops that announcement. The new poster doesn't call her Anna Maxwell, or Anna [Marie], or NRAnna - or any of the other names used around here to refer to her. Instead, sputnik uses the name that the Maxwells use. My gut says someone who knows the Maxwells read the threads and told Steve about all the speculation that Christopher is gay, and Steve (or someone very close to them) dropped in to put that rumor to rest. It makes no sense that they would announce it at a conference before posting it on the blog.

Yep, I think sputnik is Steve.

Posting this on my phone, so I can't go back to the specific thread. I find the timing of this announcement very strange.

Putting on my conspiracy theorist hat...

Within the past few days, rainbowcolor, who knows the Maxwells, stated that Christopher was not gay and that he/she was not concerned about NRAnna not getting pregnant. Then, all of the sudden, a new poster drops in and drops that announcement. The new poster doesn't call her Anna Maxwell, or Anna [Marie], or NRAnna - or any of the other names used around here to refer to her. Instead, sputnik uses the name that the Maxwells use. My gut says someone who knows the Maxwells read the threads and told Steve about all the speculation that Christopher is gay, and Steve (or someone very close to them) dropped in to put that rumor to rest. It makes no sense that they would announce it at a conference before posting it on the blog.

Yep, I think sputnik is Steve.

Cool...our first conspiracy! ;)

Only time will tell if this all pans out. *cue mysterious music*

"Yep, I think sputnik is Steve."

Bingo!

Hey Steve - we're on to you. Better watch out...

I'm half and half about the idea of a new Maxwell baby. On one hand, it is a wanted child, and it's hard to be infertile in fundie culture. OTOH, is it really something to celebrate that a child will grow up in such a household? He/she will grow up thinking everything around him is sinful and the only thing good is worship and prayer. Anything "fun" or enjoyable is bad. And if you're a girl, your life choices is limited to wife and motherhood. Maybe Christopher and NR Anna will bring their child up in a brighter environment. I feel Nathan and Melenie does that with their children. Somehow, I wonder if that is wishful thinking.....

I feel the same way. I've definitely got mixed feelings when it comes to fundie babies.

I am a friend of the family. My friend that is much closer to them got the e-mail that was sent to close friends and family and forwarded it to me because she knows I know the family and have been interested in the whole copurtship/marriage thing. I don't know why it isn't on the blog, but I am sure it wasn't a hoax because my friend wouldn't do that.

Guest Anonymous
I am a friend of the family. My friend that is much closer to them got the e-mail that was sent to close friends and family and forwarded it to me because she knows I know the family and have been interested in the whole copurtship/marriage thing. I don't know why it isn't on the blog, but I am sure it wasn't a hoax because my friend wouldn't do that.

Does your friend vist FJ??Ask them to stop by sometime.

. Maybe Christopher and NR Anna will bring their child up in a brighter environment. I feel Nathan and Melenie does that with their children. Somehow, I wonder if that is wishful thinking.....

I just don't see where Melanie and Nathan are bringing up their girls any different than Teri and Steve brought their children up.

We know Melanie is following a strict schedule with Abigail and that she is being blanket trained. Both girls are dresses only.

And Nathan seems to turn to Daddy Steve for help in making decisions, even whether Abigail could go back and feed the squirrels (or whatever) while on vacation.

I thought the picture of Nathan in his 1 Ton School bio was telling as to how much control Steve has over his adult children.

There is Nathan crossing his arms smiling into the camera. Behind him is Steve also crossing his arms, smiling into the camera.

WTF? Isn't that supposed to be Nathan's venture? Where does Steve come in?

I wish I saw some big differences in how Nathan and Melanie bring up their kids, but I just don't.

But this is your first post and if you follow FJ you know how we obsess why Christopher hasn't done the job yet. Why would you not intro. yourself or something first befores springing a bombshell like this with no one knowing you or anything? Give us some inside info.!

I thought that Nathan and Melanie were raising their kids a bit differently until that thing with the squirrels in CO.

Guest Anonymous

I find it really weird that so-called 'friends' of the Maxwell family come here to snark. I don't have any friends that I disrespect so much to talk about their private business on an internet forum.

I kind of 'get' why, say, the former school friend of Stephen Hammer would find a board like this and be torn between old loyalty and just needing to join in the snark about how he has changed. But I totally don't get why a current friend of a young couple would come here and break baby news before even the fundie world has been told.

I find it really weird that so-called 'friends' of the Maxwell family come here to snark. I don't have any friends that I disrespect so much to talk about their private business on an internet forum.

I kind of 'get' why, say, the former school friend of Stephen Hammer would find a board like this and be torn between old loyalty and just needing to join in the snark about how he has changed. But I totally don't get why a current friend of a young couple would come here and break baby news before even the fundie world has been told.

I agree, conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

Guest Anonymous

I was only joking when I started off the Steve thing. I don't really think he would pretend to be someone else - he is too arrogant for that. :lol:

We do have a few Maxwell 'friends' on the forum now - Queen Mother, JontheGoober's family friend (can't remember her username) and now sputnik. If they are friends, then they must be close to being busted for their disloyalty. I don't think Steve posts here, but I do think her reads the threads and given his history for cutting people off, I don't think he'd hesitate to remove disloyal friends from their lives.

I agree, conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

Yes, I for one think it's in bad taste to share private emails to personal friends on an internet forum. I don't care how badly we want to know!

What? when? where?

Now that sputnik has posted again, I doubt it's Steve. I do think all of these Maxwell friends coming out of the woodwork are fishy and unlikely to be coincidental. Unless the Maxwells are completely isolated, they have to know about FJ.

I think it's fishy that a bombshell like this would be dropped now, right after so many recent threads discussing and speculating on Anna Marie's lack of pregnancy. Until they post an announcment on the blog I'll remain skeptical.

What's next, a "family friend" coming here and posting that Sarah's courting? :roll:

Yes, I for one think it's in bad taste to share private emails to personal friends on an internet forum. I don't care how badly we want to know!

It is in bad taste but I still want to hear. :? I like gossip. :oops:

It's possible that a family friend wants to clear up any misconception about sexual preferences.

If that is the case: Having a bio child does not make you straight. I have a friend with a gay dad. He just didn't realize he was gay until he had been married and had a child. It's an unfortunate situation that was hard for everyone, but I don't think it is so unusual that having a baby gives you automatic non-gay status.

Guest Anonymous
It's possible that a family friend wants to clear up any misconception about sexual preferences.

If that is the case: Having a bio child does not make you straight. I have a friend with a gay dad. He just didn't realize he was gay until he had been married and had a child. It's an unfortunate situation that was hard for everyone, but I don't think it is so unusual that having a baby gives you automatic non-gay status.

Yeah, I wondered if sputnik might be the same person who posted under another name yesterday, saying that Chris is not gay, and they are not concerned about infertility.

I don't know what I think about Christopher's sexuality, it is his cold, obsessive personality that is most striking to me. But yeah, a baby does not 'prove' anything either way.

Guest Anonymous

:lol: I enjoy gossip too, I just find it odd that 'friends' would engage with us. I also think that their actions are likely to lead to certain excommunication. Over the years Steve has cut off TV, newspapers, school, clubs, sport, youth groups, church, titus2 message boards, individual friends other than friends of the entire family. This year he has warned that the conferences may not be run for very much longer. Next year..... I would be surprised if Queen Mother and Sputnik are still on the Christmas prayer letter list.... :naughty:

I'll join you. I personally wouldn't spill private info about people I knew here, but I'm not too bothered when others do. Though I gotta say, it is pretty telling that the Maxwells have so many "friends" that are willing to snark and gossip about them. With friends like that who needs enemies. LOL But I'm always game for more Maxwell gossip. :)

I wish we could get some inside scoops on Dougie and the Botkins. That would be the best present ever! Come on former interns, you know you still read here! Tell us all about what Dougie is really like. Pretty please?!

Archived