Sydney Fox

Okay, Christopher and NR Anna have been married a year now and we haven't heard anything about a pregnancy. Do you think Christopher is able and willing? They always look so grabby and huggy in the photos - do you think it's their way of making up for a lack of action between the sheets? You'd think they'd be working hard to fill their quiver and make Daddy Steve happy.

Also, Bethanny is over a year old now. Do you think Melanie and Nathan will have more kids? They seemed to have figured out the problems with their infertility since Abby and Bethanny are pretty close in age. Could we see both ladies pregnant this fall?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I'm really surprised that Anna is not pregnant. But not everyone is able to have children so who knows. I don't wish infertility on anyone though, considering how important having many children is to the Maxwell family, i'm sure infertility would be devestating to them.

I'm really surprised that Anna is not pregnant. But not everyone is able to have children so who knows. I don't wish infertility on anyone though, considering how important having many children is to the Maxwell family, i'm sure infertility would be devestating to them.

I agree. It would be devastating. I wonder what Steve is thinking right now - could both his sons' wives have fertility issues?

I don't think they "figured out" Melanie's issue(s). She and Nathan were married well over 4 years before she became pregnant the first time. Just my hunch, but I think they are done.

As for Chris and Anna, well....., sometimes the people who act "handsy" in public, are the opposit in private. ;) They are coming up on their first anniversay in a couple of weeks.

Okay, Christopher and NR Anna have been married a year now and we haven't heard anything about a pregnancy. Do you think Christopher is able and willing?

Also, Bethany is over a year old now. Do you think Melanie and Nathan will have more kids? They seemed to have figured out the problems with their infertility since Abby and Bethany are pretty close in age. Could we see both ladies pregnant this fall?

Christopher could be infertile or sterile. So could Anna. That would be my first thought, way ahead of able and willing. It's hard enough being unable to get pregnant without people assuming you aren't having sex.

Melanie needs, if I remember, progesterone to maintain a pregnancy. It doesn't always work, and you can also have trouble getting pregnant even if once you are you need progesterone.

Some women are allergic to their partner's semen. The treatment is several months of using condoms, then having sex without at the fertile time, then back to condoms. I've actually known of some Catholics who've refused to do this. I'd have done it in a New York minute if that had been our problem.

As I posted on another thread, in accord with Nurse Nell:

According to the website of the Mayo Clinic: "Approximately 15 percent of couples are infertile. This means they aren't able to conceive a child even though they've had frequent, unprotected sexual intercourse for a year or longer — or for at least six months if the woman is age 35 or older. In about half of these cases, male infertility plays a role."

So half the time, the headship is shooting blanks....or something akin....

I wonder if the Maxwell boys could have some slow moving sperm. It seems odd that both their wives would have fertility problems. Also are the Maxells the type to announce the day after conception? It's possible one or both of the women have been pregnant and miscarried before they announced the news on the blog. There was a long period where Anna wasn't in any photos or mentioned much a little ways back right?

I wonder if the Maxwell boys could have some slow moving sperm. It seems odd that both their wives would have fertility problems.

Melanie and Nathan's infertility problem appears to be female related, not male.

I wonder if Christopher, or any other fundie, would even do the test to look at their semen since you have to masturbate to get the specimen. I don't think they'd do it. They can do a post coital test; they have sex, then the woman goes in and they swab her vagina to look at the semen. But it's not as accurate for determining the sperm count so it's usually done after a semen exam shows normal sperm motility and count.

I hate the whole 'multi-generational faith' issue, but I really do feel for them if they're having trouble getting pregnant. I wouldn't wish infertility on my worst enemy, especially if their entire self-worth depends upon being parents.

I think it probably took Christopher and NR Anna MONTHS to complete the "whole enchilada" of full on sexual intercourse. So maybe they have been only having sex for a few months instead of a whole year. I can see them kissing for a month or so, then moving onto making out/over the clothes touching, then under the clothes, then hesitating :lol: then finally doing it.

I think it probably took Christopher and NR Anna MONTHS to complete the "whole enchilada" of full on sexual intercourse. So maybe they have been only having sex for a few months instead of a whole year. I can see them kissing for a month or so, then moving onto making out/over the clothes touching, then under the clothes, then hesitating :lol: then finally doing it.

I actually hope that was the case. Going from no touching to PIV sex in less than 24 hours has got to be a recipe for marriage issues (because the fundie model for marriage isn't problematic enough).

Also, wasn't Steve in 'Nam? Maybe he got exposed to some stuff that's had effects on his kid's fertility. I know of a Vet whose kids have all sorts of issues thanks to his service-despite the fact that they weren't even thought of at the time.

Edited for riffles.

I think so too,but then I also think Christopher would prefer different equipment under the frumper so who knows. :?:

Guest Anonymous

Melanie has suffered a lot of trauma. She carried one daughter nearly to term before delivering her still born, didn't she, and suffered at least one early miscarriage too? She was on bedrest during all three pregnancies that we know of, and then suffered post natal depression after the youngest was born. I hope she is enjoying the two that she has, without pressure to put her health at further risk. From his limited posts, Nathan seems to have been sensitive to her needs. They also met at Church before the Maxwells became completely whackadoodle, so for all we know, Melanie may never have intended to breed like a rabbit anyway.

Guest Anonymous

I feel much more for Anna. She definitely disappeared off the blog for a while and she and Christopher took a trip to her parents' around that time. She comes from an animal farming background, so I'd assume she would have had a basic knowledge of reproduction - goats are not modest and don't follow a courtship model, as far as I am aware.... :). I wouldn't be surprised if she and Christopher have been slow to get active between the sheets though. C doesn't seem to be the passionate type with the ladies. Hell, his wedding day was all about preaching the gospel and having photos taken, before retiring to the house he had lived in all his life. No sneaking off in the car 'to eat yoghurt', like Nathan and Melanie..... :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I remember now, it was Susannah Joy wasn't it? There was never any brain activity at all was there but she passed away naturally without them having to make a decision to switch her off. How absolutely devastating.

Even though she's young she may just not have an easy time getting pregnant. Or, maybe they're a tad rebellious and want a year alone?

I think two little girls were born after another baby girl died so they may be taking it slowly.

No matter what they've been taught it is up to THAT COUPLE whether they will obey Mom/Dads way to the letter. They may have decided that so-called Natural Family Planning is ok by them and just not mentioned it.

I agree with those who think Chris and Anna probably took things slow, and maybe only started getting it on within the last few months. Going from "even thinking about sex is sinful" from "have as much of it as possible in order to make babies" would be scary. They barely even knew each other before getting married; I'm hoping they took some time to actually get to know each other better before jumping into the sack.

Did they do the "no touching before marriage" thing? I know they didn't spend any time alone. I thought I read somewhere they didn't touch, either.

Did they do the "no touching before marriage" thing? I know they didn't spend any time alone. I thought I read somewhere they didn't touch, either.

Yes, no pre-marital touching at all. None of us could figure out how she got the engagement ring on her finger. Maybe he dropped it into her palm with a pair of tweezers?

Yes, no pre-marital touching at all. None of us could figure out how she got the engagement ring on her finger. Maybe he dropped it into her palm with a pair of tweezers?

I just don't get that. We all need touch. It's so unhealthy to be engaged and not able to touch.

I have always suspected Christopher Maxwell is gay. I think he is frustrated with not being able to truly fall in love with women and "lustful" thoughts about men. Given his isolated upbringing, I'm not sure he even understands these thoughts. I believe the result of all this 'abnormal' feeling is he feels driven to be more fundie than his siblings. That's why he has a 'no touch' rule with Anna, and he picked a girl who appears to come from an uber right wing family.

I'm not surprised Anna isn't expecting yet. If Christopher is gay, I wonder if he avoids the sex thing on a regular basis. Plus, being raised a fundie, Anna may not understand Christopher's nature....

Melanie and Nathan's infertility problem appears to be female related, not male.

I wonder if Christopher, or any other fundie, would even do the test to look at their semen since you have to masturbate to get the specimen. I don't think they'd do it. They can do a post coital test; they have sex, then the woman goes in and they swab her vagina to look at the semen. But it's not as accurate for determining the sperm count so it's usually done after a semen exam shows normal sperm motility and count.

It can also be retrieved invasively. I have a friend who had that done because he is a paralyzed from about the belly button down.

Archived