Sydney Fox

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people just pop out a LOT early on, I was one of them. I also think her outfits aren't exactly figure flattering.

How can you tell? Are you looking at the 2nd picture, the side on one? There's hardly a bump at all in the front on shot.

I bet if she was wearing jeans or a skirt and t-shirt she'd look a lot smaller. She also appears to be taller and generally bigger all around to the Maxwell girls.

She's what, 5 months along? Looks normal to me. I poked out early with my boys (1st and 3rd). Those frumpers aren't flattering at all, on anyone, at any time.

My initial reaction to the 2nd photo was the same -- first pregnancy and already poking out? She's due May 21, as I recall, so she's nearly 4 months.

I went for almost 6 months without maternity clothes the first time. So with those roomy frumpers she wears, she'll probably be able to go at least that long. I think she's actually lost weight since the wedding -- her face looks thinner.

I think she's just a little more heartily-built than the Maxwell girls and maybe no one restricts what she eats (like Stevie does). I think she looks good and that the camera angle on the 2nd photo might just make it a bit unflattering and misleading.

My initial reaction to the 2nd photo was the same -- first pregnancy and already poking out? She's due May 21, as I recall, so she's nearly 4 months.

I went for almost 6 months without maternity clothes the first time. So with those roomy frumpers she wears, she'll probably be able to go at least that long. I think she's actually lost weight since the wedding -- her face looks thinner.

I think she's just a little more heartily-built than the Maxwell girls and maybe no one restricts what she eats (like Stevie does). I think she looks good and that the camera angle on the 2nd photo might just make it a bit unflattering and misleading.

Didn't she grow up on a farm? (I seem to recall goats?) If so she would most likely have had access to better nutrition, or atleast, more food than the Maxwell kids, and since marrying Christopher, the change in diet has meant she has lost mass. Or else she's been as sick as a dog for four months.

I just noticed that she's got her hair down (sort-of) maybe in a pony tail or something (look at the 2nd photo and you can see it under Sarah's arm that is around NR-Anna's back. She's really branching out from her standard style of it all roped up and stuck to her head. I imagine she has really beautiful hair -- I wish she would just let it go natural and down so we can actually see it!

She did grow up on a farm. They used to have a website (Hamilton Family Farms, I believe it was called) but I think they took it down when she moved away. She made goat's milk soap and then they sold herbs and tomato plants and things of that nature at local farmer's markets. Not sure if they were in the business of livestock or not.

Oh, yep, I was right -- here's the website: http://www.hamiltonfamilyfarms.com/Home.html

I think it's just the frumpers. I think people look pregnant in those things even when they're not so if you were pregnant it would only enhance the bump.

I think it's just the frumpers. I think people look pregnant in those things even when they're not so if you were pregnant it would only enhance the bump.

I agree. I took a look at the pictures, she certainly doesn't look enormous to me.

As others said, I think it's the ugly, shapeless frumper. Even if there is a baby bump under there, it's the frumper that makes her appear larger. Hell, even when she wasn't pregnant she looked shapeless and a bit larger because of her damn clothes. Those things are not flattering at all, which, I suppose is their entire (ridiculous) point.

This. She's not as willowy as the Maxwell girls, but she's not all that big.

How can you tell? Are you looking at the 2nd picture, the side on one? There's hardly a bump at all in the front on shot.

I bet if she was wearing jeans or a skirt and t-shirt she'd look a lot smaller. She also appears to be taller and generally bigger all around to the Maxwell girls.

N

NRAnna is quite a bit larger than the Maxwell females--take into consideration that the Maxwell females are all slender and petite. She's a bit squishy/pudgy/soft. I would guess that before pregnancy she wears a size 12-14. I could be off as I've only ever seen her in frumpers and her wedding dress.

I am surprised she hasn't been sewing maternity clothes for herself, as she is a beautiful seamstress. She makes her own clothes, and the dress she made for her mother to wear for the wedding was beautifully crafted.

If you have slender, narrow shoulders, and are a bit wide through the hips, frumpers can make you look more slender overall.

If you are wider/broader through the shoulders, then no matter how trim you are through your lower half, frumpers are going to make you look large overall.

Maybe she just produces more liquid than normal? I don't know, I certainly don't think she's huge... She may also have a very high belly, which makes it look huge with a frumper

I didn't think she looked that big in the front shot. In the side shot, you could tell she was pregnant, but I also think the frumpers make her look bigger. I recall we speculated several months ago that she might be pregnant in those hiking pictures, but chalked it up to the frumper.

I don't think she is that big. I do recall from the wedding that she was quite hippy (which should make carrying all those babies a bit easier I imagine). I agree with those who say that it is the frumper that is making her look bigger than one might think.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the latest Maxwell post and there's a picture of Christopher and Anna Marie and the caption says "Christopher, Anna Marie (and Junior.)" I assume they would have just referred to it as "and baby" if they didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. Or it could just be the Maxwell's and their weird way of wording everything.

And on a side note, I realize they're not allowed to ever say "we had a good time" or Daddy Maxwell will forbid them from ever engaging in that activity again, but it drives me nuts the way they say "we had a sweet time. . . "

Guest Anonymous

This was asked in the comments section and Steve said they do not know the gender of the baby, 'Junior' is simply a nickname for the bump.

Guest Anonymous
Thanks. I don't normally read the comments section because I can't deal with how rude and smug Steve is when he responds to questions.

The comments are my favourite part, precisely because of how smug and rude Steve is when he responds to questions. :mrgreen:

The comments are my favourite part, precisely because of how smug and rude Steve is when he responds to questions. :mrgreen:

YEP. The man is such an asshat.

YEP. The man is such an asshat.

Agreed. He is as big of an asshat as Doug is a tool. The comments are, indeed, the best part. I learn so much from his condescending replies, i.e. how not to behave. I cannot imagine such a joyless existence.

• 2 weeks later...
The reasoning given by supporters is usually that a blanket is best because a blanket is completely portable. So if you want your kid to stay in one spot in church, you just spread it on the pew. You want you kid to stay in one spot at a neighbor's house, spread it over there. The blanket folds up and can be put in Mom's purse, while regular playpens are bulky and require setup.

The creepy part about blanket training as I've read about it is how some people will purposely lure the kid off the blanket with a cookie or similar treat and then punish.

Yes. They would lay the blanket down on the floor and then put toys and cookies just past the edges of the blanket.

The parents would then encourage the child to reach out for the items. Once the child's hands cleared the blanket, the mother would then smack their little hands with a paint stirring stick. The sticks are favored because they are free and wide enough to get a good "twacking" sound.

All of this was done so Mom could visit with a friend uninterrupted by baby.

Blanket training represents pretty much all that I hate about having grown up fundie. The children are never to inconvenience the parents and parents turn discipline into a sick form of child abuse to break the will/spirit of the child.

It is messed up.

Archived