IGNORED

Maxwell 57: Planning Mary's Wedding

Coconut Flan

And since the blog has ceased, inquiring minds will never know just how Teri uses a pizza cutter on lettuce either.

Although I did find an article that highlights 9 other food items a pizza cutter comes in handy with.  The Number 1 item?  Lettuce.  With instructions.  Shoutout to Taco Night included. 

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/uses-for-pizza-cutters/

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 1

Jillee scared me initially - name, hair, eyeliner - but I’m ever in her debt for the long-awaited pizza cutter lettuce method! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Sleeveless too! 

Little Deborah looks like a combination of Abigail (at the same age) and Christina.

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

It sure looks like there are two pregnant non-reversal Annas in the family. One is not a surprise but the other…

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

It sure looks like there are two pregnant non-reversal Annas in the family. One is not a surprise but the other…

I think that is just a modest blouse. With the drugs Anna has to take, I would be shocked if she ever got pregnant again. 

• Upvote 6

Thanks Chelsy for coming through for FJ!

Glad to see Gigi isnt pushing up daisies.

I agree with the poster who said Debbie looks like Abbie n Christina.

Damn I wish NRAnna1 wasn't pregnant.

Wow this wedding was very casual dress wise.  Wish Chris would eschew the frumpers for his daughters.

Tacos for the rehearsal dinner, can't get away from Mexican for one minute huh Maxwells.

I don't think Sarah is pregnant.

Jesse's hair is longer

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 16

I agree that Anna Marie is pregnant due to the hand on belly pose. Two Anna Maxwells are pregnant and a third will probably be pregnant within a year.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

Mary looks beautiful, and that dress! 😲 Love it!

Anna Marie is definitely pregnant. I hope all goes well for her.

• Upvote 7

I am not seeing the picture of Anna Marie with her hand on her belly. Is it a candid shot? I'm viewing on my phone, so everyone looks tiny in the big family shots.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess I’m just glad Chelsy isn’t visibly pregnant. 

It's hard to say which is the bigger risk for future pregnancies - NR-Anna1 with cancer in the rearview mirror, or Chelsy with her heart issues. If she has to be pregnant, I wish they were still blogging, so we could hear updates as we did through her cancer treatments. Those were some of the warmest and best-written posts the Maxblog ever saw, and it was good to hear how things were going in real time.

38 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Thanks Chelsy for coming through for FJ!

Glad to see Gigi isnt pushing up daisies.

I agree with the poster who said Debbie looks like Abbie n Christina.

Damn I wish NRAnna1 wasn't pregnant.

Wow this wedding was very casual dress wise.  Wish Chris would eschew the frumpers for his daughters.

Tacos for the rehearsal dinner, can't get away from Mexican for one minute huh Maxwells.

I don't think Sarah is pregnant.

I agree with you on the last point. I think the pic she put as her FB profile was just a really unflattering angle and made more of her midsection than there is. Even in the candids from mid-ceremony (where she wouldn't have been actively posing/sucking it in) she doesn't look disproportionately large around the middle.

I hope that if she wants to have a baby, she does. But it doesn't look like that's imminent, based on these photos.

Edited by Bethy
Forgot something
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I am not seeing the picture of Anna Marie with her hand on her belly. Is it a candid shot? I'm viewing on my phone, so everyone looks tiny in the big family shots.

This one. It looks like she’s holding her baby bump.

B6291AA7-9460-4CED-9E07-9CA21327235B.jpeg

Also, Alyssa’s dress is much shorter than Steve prefers. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 15

Holy cow, how did I miss that? I guess she went off the meds, because I don't think they're compatible with pregnancy. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

I will say, it was nice of Chelsy to host so many people over the wedding weekend. I’m sure she made the whole thing a million times more fun than Teri and Steve would have. I hate how Chelsy is into all the woo and shit, but at least she is a good host 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 22
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will say, it was nice of Chelsy to host so many people over the wedding weekend. I’m sure she made the whole thing a million times more fun than Teri and Steve would have. I hate how Chelsy is into all the woo and shit, but at least she is a good host 🤷🏻‍♀️

I agree, that was a really kind gesture especially considering how many of the out-of-town friends are impoverished college students or recent grads for whom "just eat out or get takeout" might really be a strain.

• Upvote 15

Chelsy does seem like a natural host but the Maxwell seniors have such a big house and garden it looks a bit odd that they didn't host anything. Though I guess they may have had the older relatives over and we just don't know about it. 

In the photo with Anna's hand on her bump, are both Elissa and Sarah holding their husbands hands on/near their stomachs too? 

edit: OMG Christopher photographed the immodest wedding (along with Sarah)!

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

Chelsy does seem like a natural host but the Maxwell seniors have such a big house and garden it looks a bit odd that they didn't host anything. Though I guess they may have had the older relatives over and we just don't know about it. 

In the photo with Anna's hand on her bump, are both Elissa and Sarah holding their husbands hands on/near their stomachs too? 

edit: OMG Christopher photographed the immodest wedding (along with Sarah)!

The thing is, Sarah and Elyssa don’t have bumps. And their husband’s hands are joined with their hands. So it’s different from Anna Marie’s bump cradling. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Holy cow, how did I miss that? I guess she went off the meds, because I don't think they're compatible with pregnancy. 

I don’t know which cancer medication she was on, but I was on mine for 5 years, and then an assay was done that indicated that the risks of staying on it longer were outweighed by the benefits. It’s scary as hell to go off of it at first, but I trust the science. Somehow I think NR Anna’s cancer was diagnosed just before mine, but it could have been right after in which case she may not have been on meds for 5 years. 

• Upvote 13

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is, Sarah and Elyssa don’t have bumps. And their husband’s hands are joined with their hands. So it’s different from Anna Marie’s bump cradling. 

That bump cradling is overt pregnancy signaling. Everybody knows that. And even if your belly is swollen for other reasons (and might I say, ESPECIALLY if your belly is swollen for other reasons) you don't put your hand on it like that unless there's somebody in there.

2 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

I don’t know which cancer medication she was on, but I was on mine for 5 years, and then an assay was done that indicated that the risks of staying on it longer were outweighed by the benefits. It’s scary as hell to go off of it at first, but I trust the science. Somehow I think NR Anna’s cancer was diagnosed just before mine, but it could have been right after in which case she may not have been on meds for 5 years. 

She was diagnosed in January of 2020, had surgery right before things shut in for covid, and went to the west coast for chemo during the early days of the pandemic. There's no way she's been on anything for five years at this point.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Yes, @JermajestyDuggar I agree, I was just imagining an in-joke if they are all pregnant at once but with only a couple of them showing!

Hahaha I am going through the photos guessing which ones Christopher took. There is no creepy lighting but maybe he50D838D5-A7B3-48AC-8999-E7A73479C90C.thumb.jpeg.33133845cd14f91afcee79fcb6fc660a.jpeg persuaded Sam to hold the bouquet over almost all Mary's entire upper body to spare his big brother blushes for this pic. 😂

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • Love 2

The ABC girls have shot up in size, they are like beanpoles compared to the little ones. Christina looks especially tall for her age.

Teri has grown out her fringe and her new hair looks great. Steve has slightly clenched fists hanging dow to the sides and what looks like a fixed grin as Sam stands with his hands in his pockets having casually corrupted and stolen the baby of the family away from her father. 😂

2023-06-12 02.55.20.png

Edited by ClareDeLune
better, trimmed photo
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 11

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Wow this wedding was very casual dress wise. 

Yes, super casual! Most of the  bridesmaids had on flat shoes, some "flipflop" like.  And the groomsmen had various brown tone shoes.  Even for a casual wedding, nicer shoes for the wedding party would have classed things up a bit.  Liked the khaki tones on the guys, the seafood green on the ladies and the colorful floral selection.  Is it just me, or did the wedding cake seem pretty small?  Probably had cupcakes for everyone at the reception, but, gosh, at least have more than one layer and a really nice wedding cake!!

I would certainly hope that Steve and Teri stepped up and funded most if not all of the festivities for their daughter's wedding.  Paying for the food at the pre- and post-parties and rehearsal dinner were the very least they could have done, especially since nothing was held at their house!  Even with John and Chelsie doing all the work and having events at their house, Steve should have been magnanimous and celebratory and instead on funding the events!

God Bless Chelsy for posting the wedding recap.  (And her family photos from November 2022 are really lovely and fun!)

Edited by Hellothere
  • Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1

Chelsy described sam and Mary’s wedding as a chill and happy day. And that  as a couple they are chill and happy. So if that’s there vibe, I say go for it. Chill and happy equals a casual wedding to me. And I admit, I like weddings like that because I hate stressful weddings with a bunch of rules and stuffiness. It just stresses me out.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic