IGNORED

Maxwell 57: Planning Mary's Wedding

Coconut Flan

So wonderful to see Sarah looking radiant, and amazingly happy.  What a huge difference. Anna also looks wonderful, relaxed, and confident. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

So wonderful to see Sarah looking radiant, and amazingly happy.  What a huge difference. Anna also looks wonderful, relaxed, and confident. 

Right? I need a glow-up like Anna.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

My laptop broke, so I took some time off electronics, the news, and social media to do other things.  We all need a brain cleanse from time to time.  But since I have to work on this thing, I bought another laptop.  Looked around and haven't found any wedding pictures yet.  Anna isn't in the 2023 camp counselor picture.  I hope she's not taking her senior classes online.  She seemed to be having a blast at school.  That's all I found so far.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

5 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Right? I need a glow-up like Anna.

Me too!

See, you did something right Steve, we are all now envious of your offspring (now they have kissed you goodbye) 😂

• Upvote 5

Both girls look so great. I agree it's not the most flattering dress/angle on Sarah but the relaxed body language and beaming smile hint at a much happier life. And anyway, don't most people gain weight early in a relationship/marriage? I probably gained 20lbs my first year married, and I wasn't moving away from a father with super-controlling issues around food, frequent fasts, required pre-dawn wake-ups, and push-ups before Bible time every night. (Who else has been around long enough to remember the push-up challenges?) I can't imagine the adult children living in Steve and Teri's house were really allowed to feel comfortable eating meat, cheese, etc. while their parents lived on jar salads and watery, overcooked vegetable "stir-fry." If she's well-rested and well-fed now, that's what matters. If she and Anna are wearing the same color but not the same style, that probably means Mary let each bridesmaid choose her own dress style which I think is great. Not everyone is comfortable in every style and I always cringe a little when I see bridesmaids who were clearly forced into a dress that made them uncomfortable for whatever reason. So I'm guessing Sarah is wearing what she chose and I think that's great whether it's conventionally "flattering" or not.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:29 AM, Zee said:

I was thinking the same thing about the first dress, that it was fine for a younger girl. I was thinking more like 9-12. I liked the colour but the style is really young and the sleeves to long to be nice short sleeves if that makes sense 

To be honest, that was probably as short of a sleeve as they could get away with. Some ladies in fundie circles at that point were mandating T-shirt length (to the crook of the elbow) at a minimum, to make sure nobody glimpsed some defrauding armpit flesh.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bethy said:

I can't imagine the adult children living in Steve and Teri's house were really allowed to feel comfortable eating meat, cheese, etc. while their parents lived on jar salads and watery, overcooked vegetable "stir-fry."

The daughters were put on a modified version of Steve and Teri's diet. They could only eat 3 oz. of meat a day. Obviously not everyone needs to eat meat everyday, but that would eliminate most meat entrees at restaurants. It didn't seem like a free choice.  It wouldn't surprise me if the diet was an impetus for them to move out. 

• Upvote 13

14 hours ago, Bethy said:

Both girls look so great. I agree it's not the most flattering dress/angle on Sarah but the relaxed body language and beaming smile hint at a much happier life. And anyway, don't most people gain weight early in a relationship/marriage? I probably gained 20lbs my first year married, and I wasn't moving away from a father with super-controlling issues around food, frequent fasts, required pre-dawn wake-ups, and push-ups before Bible time every night. (Who else has been around long enough to remember the push-up challenges?) I can't imagine the adult children living in Steve and Teri's house were really allowed to feel comfortable eating meat, cheese, etc. while their parents lived on jar salads and watery, overcooked vegetable "stir-fry." If she's well-rested and well-fed now, that's what matters. If she and Anna are wearing the same color but not the same style, that probably means Mary let each bridesmaid choose her own dress style which I think is great. Not everyone is comfortable in every style and I always cringe a little when I see bridesmaids who were clearly forced into a dress that made them uncomfortable for whatever reason. So I'm guessing Sarah is wearing what she chose and I think that's great whether it's conventionally "flattering" or not.

To be honest, that was probably as short of a sleeve as they could get away with. Some ladies in fundie circles at that point were mandating T-shirt length (to the crook of the elbow) at a minimum, to make sure nobody glimpsed some defrauding armpit flesh.

The word armpit flesh is soooo wrong.  Made me want to put clothes on top of my clothes. Lol. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

For the last several years Sarah looked pinched in the face, and under fed IMO.  To the point I was worried about her not eating enough food for whatever reason.  Not being allowed to, choosing not to so as to have some control over her own body etc.  Whatever the reason, she looks happy and healthy now and I'm glad to see it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

Sarah looks really happy in her profile picture. It appears to me that she has gained some weight. This may be due to a happy life giving her more of an appetite or a poofy dress or perhaps just a big lunch, but I hope for her sake* it is a pregnancy giving her that glow. 

*as I suspect she would love to have a child of her own

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Sarah was eating single serving frozen leftovers when eating alone or with the sad salad twins. Terri crowed about their frugality on the blog it was some of my favorite stuff. 

The other day I was thinking dang the whole website is eventually gonna go and I’ll be sad. It’s been a corner of the web I know every inch of. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

It's also lovely that Sarah and Anna were both bridesmaids.I think Sarah was photographer of the more recent weddings.

Come on Mary, hurry home from your long-awaited honeymoon, we need wedding pics! 😂😂😂

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I found myself thinking that Chelsy just needs to have Grandma Teri watch the kids so she can whip up a blog post with lots of wedding pictures. 

But, no; that won’t work because Teri would only be there for fifteen-minute increments and we’d STILL be waiting forever. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 26

17 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

It's also lovely that Sarah and Anna were both bridesmaids.I think Sarah was photographer of the more recent weddings.

I think the only one she photographed was Jesse's...and boy, did she look dead inside in all the candids that were posted at that wedding. I know she was busy working, not cheesing for the camera, but she absolutely looked like the light in her soul was going out, watching the last reversal boy marry a girl 18 years her junior while she waited at home wearing frumpers, eating meatless burritos, and suffering through fear of heights and altitude sickness on What Some Might Call A Vacation every year, 

On 6/3/2023 at 9:59 AM, Lista said:

The word armpit flesh is soooo wrong.  Made me want to put clothes on top of my clothes. Lol. 

The fact that fundies find armpits a stumbling block kind of speaks for itself.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

I think the only one she photographed was Jesse's...and boy, did she look dead inside in all the candids that were posted at that wedding. I know she was busy working, not cheesing for the camera, but she absolutely looked like the light in her soul was going out, watching the last reversal boy marry a girl 18 years her junior while she waited at home wearing frumpers, eating meatless burritos, and suffering through fear of heights and altitude sickness on What Some Might Call A Vacation every year, 

The fact that fundies find armpits a stumbling block kind of speaks for itself.

Word of the Day: maschalagnia

Used in a sentence: Far be it for me to disparage someone's kink, especially, (assuming it's consensual) a harmless one like maschalagnia.

https://manmatters.com/blog/armpit-fetish/

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Ah rats! We were without internet service for a couple of days and I was hoping to come back online to a post from Chelsy with wedding pictures, hahaha! Oh well, a gal can dream... :D

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

As much as I want to see wedding pictures of Mary it’s also nice that I can’t. She had to live most of her life posing for pictures for the blog and doing things so she could appear a certain way for their followers. Now, she can have these big life events without it being posted about. She is gaining so much freedom- not just freedom from her parents but freedom from having her entire life seen by others too. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

As much as I want to see wedding pictures of Mary it’s also nice that I can’t. She had to live most of her life posing for pictures for the blog and doing things so she could appear a certain way for their followers. Now, she can have these big life events without it being posted about. She is gaining so much freedom- not just freedom from her parents but freedom from having her entire life seen by others too. 

That's a really good point!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I really hope Mary is able to complete her degree online even if she and Samuel are living in Kansas!  And that Anna returns to ABC to finish hers and has a wonderful time/experience being somewhat "on her own".

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 15

And I hope she doesn’t get pregnant until and unless she really, *really* wants to be!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Does anyone else find it ...... odd there is not a peep from Stevehovah nor Terified about Mary's wedding? Not even something like "congrats to our wonderful daughter and her new husband".

I find their silence now more damning than Teri's ode to Sarah's long "Season of Singleness" that was so obviously God's plan.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does anyone else find it ...... odd there is not a peep from Stevehovah nor Terified about Mary's wedding? Not even something like "congrats to our wonderful daughter and her new husband".

I find their silence now more damning than Teri's ode to Sarah's long "Season of Singleness" that was so obviously God's plan.

It'll probably come in the next Mom's Corner, which is where they mentioned Sarah's marriage. I guess brides and weddings are only interesting to women. 🙄🤦‍♀️

It's not odd considering they don't keep a regular blog anymore. Last post for the main blog was in 2021.

The new Mom's Corner should be out by the end of next week. I admit I'm eagerly anticipating it. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It'll probably come in the next Mom's Corner, which is where they mentioned Sarah's marriage. I guess brides and weddings are only interesting to women. 🙄🤦‍♀️

It's not odd considering they don't keep a regular blog anymore. Last post for the main blog was in 2021.

The new Mom's Corner should be out by the end of next week. I admit I'm eagerly anticipating it. 

I still miss the blog. How to clean a ceiling fan on a schedule--you just don't find that quality of content today!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 37

• Coconut Flan locked this topic