IGNORED

Maxwell 57: Planning Mary's Wedding

Coconut Flan

Sarah looks happy! I'm not a fan of her dress because it doesn't seem super flattering, but she might not be comfortable with the same style Anna was wearing, and I can respect that. It's still a lot better than the frumpers!

• Upvote 22

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

her profile pic is public.  image.png.f07d49b7693a19bf84a449aad629840f.png

His furrowed eyebrows are giving Eugene Levy. Who I think is hilarious. So I approve of his brows. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

Go figure, this is the first wedding dress I am properly interested in since I joined FJ in December 2011. Purely because Steve was SO explicit in his clothing no-no’s! The wait for the reveal is already way too long for my patience. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 7

Not trying to body shame, but Sarah looks heavier than usual in that pic - bad camera angle, being able to eat without a ton of guilt, or possible pregnancy? 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

Sarah's dress looks more revealing or just as revealing as Anna's dress. Both of them have bare arms and shoulders. Sarah's dress seems to be sheer on top. There seems to be a high  mermaid-esque bodice underneath.  Anna's dress has a V-neck, but the v is above the bust. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

They look like a super happy couple :)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 17

The last picture I saw of Sarah, I thought she looked pregnant.  Now I'm not so sure.  My guess would be that she put on a few pounds of "happily married" weight.  They do look like a happy couple.  

• Upvote 20

I agree with everyone above that Sarah looks radiantly happy, and she and Kory are a good looking couple.

If Sarah has put on a few pounds, does anyone besides me think Steve/Teri would be crass enough to mention it to her?

Personally I think Stevehovah is a big enough controlling asshat to say something to her. Something along the lines of "a true Christian controls all desires of the flesh". 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

I totally think Steve and Teri would be crass enough to mention Sarah gaining weight (that was not baby related, though even then I'm not entirely sure). 

Whether she's pregnant or not, she does look happy, and I bet that pisses Steve and Teri off. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

Oh I bet Sarah is allowing herself to eat more than 2 animal crackers for dessert and loving it. Growing up with Steve would cause anyone to have some disordered eating habits. I hope she can see how restrictive Steve is about food and leaves that bullshit behind. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

I don't get the sense Teri and Steve agree on the girls. I think Teri might be happy for them. Both in her dreadful birthday post and in the Mom's Corner following Sarah's wedding, I got the sense that Teri would have happier if Sarah and the girls had gotten married a while ago.

I think Steve might unhappy about the weddings and hopefully is not an jerk about her weight. Steve definitely has an issue with food. He might want to seek help for it.

• Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't get the sense Teri and Steve agree on the girls. I think Teri might be happy for them. Both in her dreadful birthday post and in the Mom's Corner following Sarah's wedding, I got the sense that Teri would have happier if Sarah and the girls had gotten married a while ago.

I think Steve might unhappy about the weddings and hopefully is not an jerk about her weight. Steve definitely has an issue with food. He might want to seek help for it.

I get the same sense.  I’m not sure I can really justify it, but I do.

And let me just add I love seeing Sara so happy. And I am so glad I was so wrong about what the future of the Maxwell daughters would be. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Holy shit. Sarah looks stunning!! Not sure if her hair has been that light blond for awhile since no one commented on it, but I love it! It totally suits her. She’s radiating joy. She finally gets to live the carefree youth she missed out on. She looks like an excited teenager going to prom. Or like she’s happily on her way to a sorority formal with her smitten beau. 

Edited by Johannah
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

Steve had probably seen enough of nursing homes to know that he didn't want to end up in one.  Solution?  Keep the girls home to take care of him and Teri.  And if he kept all three at home, they could share the work load and be company for one another.  He didn't count on them resisting.  It almost makes me think (speculation bus alert!) he may have voiced his plans aloud and the sisters were all horrified.

Now two are married and look happier than I've ever seen them look before now.  I have high hopes that Anna will also find her own path.  And I hope Steve ends up in a nursing home because that's just the vindictive kind of person I am with these patronizing fundie dads.

I love the picture of Sarah.  She looks like she's finally comfortable in her own life.  Good for her.

• Upvote 25

Also waiting on the wedding dress!

With the Chris and Anna Marie wedding, they were still in the wearing-frumpers-daily phase. By Joseph and Elissa's, they'd changed to t-shirts and long skirts. The bridesmaid dresses for both were hand-made. I also notice that the sleeves for the Joseph + Elissa wedding were snugger on the arms, rather than fairly loose.

• Upvote 13

Anna and Sarah, YOU GO GIRLS!

Love, 

All of Free Jinger.

P.S.-Can't wait for the next installment of Seriously Dads brought to you by Steve Maxwell.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

Is it weird that I am so freaking happy for three women I never knew personally? You can totally see the joy in their eyes and they can be proud of themselves for what they changed in their lives during the last years. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 15

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Blonde AND I do believe she’s put on a little weight - Steve must be FUMING! I’m so happy for her!!! 

• Upvote 18

Is it just me or does Sarah look younger than she did her her old 'sad-smile, dull no-joy eyes' photos?

In the photo above she is so lovely -- radiant, happy, a confident woman living her own life on her own terms, free to be herself -- not to mention blonde!  Life with Kory, far away from Stevehovah, certainly agrees with you.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 15
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, Xan said:

Steve had probably seen enough of nursing homes to know that he didn't want to end up in one.  Solution?  Keep the girls home to take care of him and Teri.  And if he kept all three at home, they could share the work load and be company for one another.  He didn't count on them resisting.  It almost makes me think (speculation bus alert!) he may have voiced his plans aloud and the sisters were all horrified.

I am certaint that was the plan, and they all but confirmed it when they said that the house would go to the girls when Steve and Teri died for them to live there. I wonder if that's changed now. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

On 5/30/2023 at 1:52 PM, anjulibai said:

Not trying to body shame, but Sarah looks heavier than usual in that pic - bad camera angle, being able to eat without a ton of guilt, or possible pregnancy? 

I agree. She looks a bit zaftig. Could be the dress, the camera angle, or a baby Bollinger. Either way she looks just great.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

Sarah looks great. Her new hair colour suits her. And THAT smile! She looked so depressed years ago... I know he is a fundie himself, but he makes Sarah happy and that's something I thought I'd never see.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Sarah looks radiant! and Kory has such a cheesy rom-com type of grin. I really hope he smiles like that all through bible time at the Max House, Steve would be secretly fuming 😂

Cant wait to see Mary but actually well played Max Family, this is the first wedding that noone has tracked down on the day isnt it?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic