IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 12: They Should Set Up Fundie Mingle

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

All of those failed relationships were called off by the girl. I'm sure the each of the Bates boys (Zach, Nathan, Trace, and now possibly Warden) would have married them otherwise.

That’s what’s crazy about these courtships. The girl can’t initiate anything. She has to flirt in order to let a boy know she’s interested. But she can’t be the one to ask him out. But it’s often the girl who calls it off. I guess we should be glad they are allowed to call it off. They are so young! Of course it may not be a good match. How do they even know what they are looking for at this age? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Who was Trace involved with before Lydia? I'm drawing a total blank. 

13 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Who was Trace involved with before Lydia? I'm drawing a total blank. 

Chaney Kahle.

• Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chaney Kahle.

Oh that's right! The Texan whose family appeared to be loaded.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oh that's right! The Texan whose family appeared to be loaded.

Her dad obviously didn't want her to leave Texas and Trace wanted to stay in Tennessee, so they ended it.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Her dad obviously didn't want her to leave Texas and Trace wanted to stay in Tennessee, so they ended it.

That could just be an excuse. Ashley Salyer acted like she couldn’t leave the Bronx when she was courting Nathan. But she moved to Ohio for her husband. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That could just be an excuse. Ashley Salyer acted like she couldn’t leave the Bronx when she was courting Nathan. But she moved to Ohio for her husband. 

Maybe but I think Chaney's dad actually said on the show that he didn't want her leaving Texas or at least implied it. That's why I wasn't that surprised to hear that they had ended the relationship.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Maybe but I think Chaney's dad actually said on the show that he didn't want her leaving Texas or at least implied it. That's why I wasn't that surprised to hear that they had ended the relationship.

Trace could have moved to Texas. Fundie guys move for their brides sometimes. What’s funny is that Trace may be forced to move to Germany. Much further than Texas.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Trace could have moved to Texas. Fundie guys move for their brides sometimes. What’s funny is that Trace may be forced to move to Germany. Much further than Texas.

Agree. Trace does construction. He could move anywhere, like Chad did. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Does Trace really work in construction? In the past year I think I’ve seen him work on Josie’s bathroom and his brother-in-law’s wall and that’s it. I think he’s trying the same career as Lawson: YouTuber. I only look at Lydia’s and his IGs though. Maybe he talks about his career on YouTube.

He only puts out one video a week. Can't live on that unless he gets a million views (he isn't). But he could also You Tube anywhere if he had his heart set on making money that way. 

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Not necessarily. In most western European countries the rules regarding diplomas/certificates are quite strict. Unless he has up-to-date certificates, he can't start in construction right away. He'd have to do a study-to-work programme or an apprenticeship. 
Or he could advertise himself and get jobs that way, but he can't start his own legit business without the right certification. And he would completely rely on word of mouth, and I'm not quite sure if he'll be able to insure himself without the correct certifications, and working independently without insurance is illegal. 

Plus there's the language issue. I think in the Netherlands him only speaking English would be less of a problem than in Germany.

Edit: I re-read your comment and now realize that you might mean he could move anywhere within the States, and not (how I interpreted it) that if he is forced to move to Germany with Lydia he could easily work there😅

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Marly said:

Not necessarily. In most western European countries the rules regarding diplomas/certificates are quite strict. Unless he has up-to-date certificates, he can't start in construction right away. He'd have to do a study-to-work programme or an apprenticeship. 
Or he could advertise himself and get jobs that way, but he can't start his own legit business without the right certification. And he would completely rely on word of mouth, and I'm not quite sure if he'll be able to insure himself without the correct certifications, and working independently without insurance is illegal. 

Plus there's the language issue. I think in the Netherlands him only speaking English would be less of a problem than in Germany.

Edit: I re-read your comment and now realize that you might mean he could move anywhere within the States, and not (how I interpreted it) that if he is forced to move to Germany with Lydia he could easily work there😅

Yeah, I meant that he could go anywhere in the States. Germany is an entirely different kettle of fish! 😃

Edited by marmalade

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Yeah, I meant that he could go anywhere in the States. Germany is an entirely different kettle of fish! 😃

Wayyy to liberal for them anyway. No showing off guns for Trace for example 😆

• Upvote 1

HollyBeth Mueller is engaged to a man named Joshua Zollers, wedding will take place June the 1st.... (According her FB)

And Jennifer Flanders posted family newsletter: Jonathan Flanders had a daughter with his new wife (he's divorced from Matti since 2021 after 15y marriage and 7 children). His new wife is Haley, mother of two children....

Edited by Eleonore Peyrac
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Eleonore Peyrac said:

HollyBeth Mueller is engaged to a man named Joshua Zollers, wedding will take place June the 1st.... (According her FB)

And Jennifer Flanders posted family newsletter: Jonathan Flanders had a daughter with his new wife (he's divorced from Matti since 2021 after 15y marriage and 7 children). His new wife is Haley, mother of two children....

I wonder what Jennifer thinks of that. Her SM postings are always about her perfect family. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder what Jennifer thinks of that. Her SM postings are always about her perfect family. 

Jennifer said that althought she doesn't understand her daughter-in-law, she wished her to find what she was looking for, whatever that thing was... 🤨..

It seems that Matti left at a moment, letting children with their father and Flanders family, and take a lot of time for coming back.... This period was rough and elder son (Aiden) don't want to see his mother since then. Matti posted a lot about this situation and her new life, and her new companion ( shr's engaged now)

Edited by Eleonore Peyrac

15 minutes ago, Eleonore Peyrac said:

Jennifer said that althought she doesn't understand her daughter-in-law, she wished her to find what she was looking for, whatever that thing was... 🤨..

It seems that Matti left at a moment, letting children with their father and Flanders family, and take a lot of time for coming back.... This period was rough and elder son (Aiden) don't want to see his mother since then. Matti posted a lot about this situation and her new life, and her new companion ( shr's engaged now)

It’s too bad Jennifer isn’t trying to understand. That’s what I would be doing as an empathetic mother in law. My parents and grandparents have had daughters in law initiate divorce. And they still kept a relationship and never spoke badly about their daughter in law in front of others. They may have behind closed door. My mom was still treated very well by my grandparents. Even though she initiated divorce from my dad. That will always be the way I model my behavior if a future daughter in law divorces my son. 

I hope Jenny thinks to herself, maybe a woman getting married young, popping out a bunch of kids, and devoting her entire being to her children and husband can be problematic. But I doubt it. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/3/2024 at 11:00 AM, Eleonore Peyrac said:

HollyBeth's brother, Zachary, is also engaged as of yesterday. There's a pic of them on his FB, but no name. 

• Thank You 3

On 2/4/2024 at 1:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s too bad Jennifer isn’t trying to understand. That’s what I would be doing as an empathetic mother in law. My parents and grandparents have had daughters in law initiate divorce. And they still kept a relationship and never spoke badly about their daughter in law in front of others. They may have behind closed door. My mom was still treated very well by my grandparents. Even though she initiated divorce from my dad. That will always be the way I model my behavior if a future daughter in law divorces my son. 

I hope Jenny thinks to herself, maybe a woman getting married young, popping out a bunch of kids, and devoting her entire being to her children and husband can be problematic. But I doubt it. 

I get along better with my ex-mother in law now than I did when I was married to her son! He moved in with her for a few months and one day when I was dropping a child off (we have shared custody), as I went to pull out of the drive she opened my passenger door, leaned her head in and said "between you and me, he's an asshole" then shut the door and walked away :laughing-rolling:

It's nice that she empathises with why I left (and that she keeps those comments out of earshot of the kids).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 10

Did I miss a Coghlan family* wedding (to refresh people's memories, Kim and Perry Coghlan were the Vision Forum family who stacked their 11 bazillion children on homemade shelving. )?

*image.thumb.png.55a49b9036450550b83b962fbc021270.png

28 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Did I miss a Coghlan family* wedding (to refresh people's memories, Kim and Perry Coghlan were the Vision Forum family who stacked their 11 bazillion children on homemade shelving. )?

*image.thumb.png.55a49b9036450550b83b962fbc021270.png

I feel like this wedding happened last year. A lot of the oldest girls are married now. I think they all moved out a long time ago. It’s just the one younger girl (redhead) and all the little boys left in their house. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

On 2/7/2024 at 4:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like this wedding happened last year. A lot of the oldest girls are married now. I think they all moved out a long time ago. It’s just the one younger girl (redhead) and all the little boys left in their house. 

I don’t follow them on Facebook, just check their site every so often to see if its changed… I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if they’re still Christian but is it just me or have they gone like fully secular? Like they don’t look fundie whatsoever.

22 minutes ago, SwimmerBoy29 said:

I don’t follow them on Facebook, just check their site every so often to see if its changed… I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if they’re still Christian but is it just me or have they gone like fully secular? Like they don’t look fundie whatsoever.

They don’t seem fundie to me. I agree that they look like secular Christians now. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They don’t seem fundie to me. I agree that they look like secular Christians now. 

They've gone very secular in appearance, but still pretty fundy in beliefs: pro-home school, pro-having lots of kids, anti-higher education, anti-abortion, etc. And I always get a very creepy pro-Trump vibe from Perry.