IGNORED

Maxwell 57: Planning Mary's Wedding

Coconut Flan

I'm taking one to my granddaughter who has recently discovered a love of growing plants.  She'll get a laugh.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm taking one to my granddaughter who has recently discovered a love of growing plants.  She'll get a laugh.

My DIL has become a huge plant person, especially succulents, and according to her a number of Sansiveria spp. are apparently very sought after.

We have had the classic snake plant or "mother-in-law's tongue" in our yard for many years. It is a tough plant and hard to kill off -- ask me how I know. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

On 5/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, hoipolloi said:

My DIL has become a huge plant person, especially succulents, and according to her a number of Sansiveria spp. are apparently very sought after.

We have had the classic snake plant or "mother-in-law's tongue" in our yard for many years. It is a tough plant and hard to kill off -- ask me how I know. 

When my daughters and I were reading West With the Night by Beryl Markham we learned that it was sometimes hard for her to find a place to land her plane because the ground was covered with Sanseveria. Probably not the Whale Fin Sanseveria, which is rare and very slow growing.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

One more week until the Big Day for Mary and Sam

I was just wondering to myself if it was this week or next, so thank you. 

I sure hope we see pictures somewhere. 

• Upvote 13

On 5/13/2023 at 12:27 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Sansevieria were affectionately referred to as “mother-in-law’s tongue” here.  

Here (Ontario) too but I consider too sexist so I just say Sansevieria. Even though it's been out in the Dracaena genus now!

Tradescantia has gone from Wandering Jew to Wandering Dude, too.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

It's silly what you do when you're sick in bed for a few days.....

The Holiday Inn at Leavenworth is fully booked this weekend

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20

7 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

It's silly what you do when you're sick in bed for a few days.....

The Holiday Inn at Leavenworth is fully booked this weekend

I'm sorry you're sick, hope you'll soon be on the mend! Meanwhile, you're still being very productive with your time, I see--you've ferreted out information we need!😆❤️

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

LOVE “wandering Dude!”  The dude abides. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Whenever I see this thread I get this song in my head

I love this song and this is a great version. 

Just imagine if Sam & Mary used this for their wedding. Steam might come out of Stevehovah's ears!

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I love this song and this is a great version. 

Just imagine if Sam & Mary used this for their wedding. Steam might come out of Stevehovah's ears!

It's not really a song you would play at a wedding, so I can't see that.

• Move Along 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 2

Unrelated to Mary's wedding, but Joe's Leavenworth house just sold again, this time for 50K more than he sold it for three years ago. I can't find any pics from when he sold it, just the really old ones on realtor.com from when he bought it, so I don't know if the next owners really spiffed it up after they bought it from him or if the market has just gone really, really nuts.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2300-S-17th-Ter-Leavenworth-KS-66048/77215936_zpid/ 

(This is the link that shows what it looked like pre-Maxrenovations: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2300-S-17th-Ter_Leavenworth_KS_66048_M84989-81821

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, Bethy said:

Unrelated to Mary's wedding, but Joe's Leavenworth house just sold again, this time for 50K more than he sold it for three years ago. 

Was this the house he bought for way under $100,000 when he was getting ready to marry his first fiancé?

• Upvote 6

On 5/21/2023 at 8:43 PM, Bethy said:

Unrelated to Mary's wedding, but Joe's Leavenworth house just sold again, this time for 50K more than he sold it for three years ago. I can't find any pics from when he sold it, just the really old ones on realtor.com from when he bought it, so I don't know if the next owners really spiffed it up after they bought it from him or if the market has just gone really, really nuts.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2300-S-17th-Ter-Leavenworth-KS-66048/77215936_zpid/ 

(This is the link that shows what it looked like pre-Maxrenovations: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2300-S-17th-Ter_Leavenworth_KS_66048_M84989-81821

The market has gone really, really nuts.  (I don't live in Leavenworth/Lansing, but just to the south of there.  Just really, really nuts all over the KC Metro area).

• Upvote 7

Dear Rufus,

Please prevent Stevehovah (and anyone else) from telling the vasectomy reversal story at Mary's wedding.

Please do not let him regale anyone that the reversal is the reason Mary is there -- getting married.

Please do whatever is necessary to prevent Stevehovah (or anyone else) sharing his TMI.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 13

On 5/21/2023 at 9:05 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The job description on our website for one of our staff members is "Plant Manager (Mostly Ferns, Philodendrons and Wandering Jews)."

The joke being that our owner is Jewish.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

I have a feeling Mary is going to look absolutely gorgeous at her wedding. I hope to see an entire family picture- who knows there may be babies we aren’t aware of. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, ElizaB said:

I have a feeling Mary is going to look absolutely gorgeous at her wedding. I hope to see an entire family picture- who knows there may be babies we aren’t aware of. 

I don't think there are any babies that we aren't aware of unless someone else besides Anna Craig Maxwell is pregnant. Steve mentioned last year he lives with near 12 of his grandchildren. Based on pictures, that were shared recently neither Anna Marie or Melanie has had a baby recently. Melanie is possibly too old. Chelsy hasn't had baby or she would have posted that on her blog. There are pictures of Joe and Elissa on past threads and they seem to still have 3 kids.

It's unlikely imo any new babies, but a few women might be pregnant. Keep in mind none of these women necessarily have flat stomachs, especially if they've had at least 3 kids already. If someone is obviously pregnant, that's one thing, but overspeculation on someone's body is unnecessary imo.

Adding: I couldn't remember where we'd seen pictures of the family, but Teri sent a picture of most of them in the Mom's Corner. I'd forgotten, but you can clearly see all of the married Maxwell sons and grandchildren and no one has had a baby. Here's a link to the page where that is.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

first listing for the house: 3bed, 3bath and 1,080sq ft

Maxwell post renovation listing: 3 bd, 3 ba and 1,408 sq ft

Maybe they did some conversions to living space downstairs.  

That a lot of bed and baths for a house that small, even with the addition of some square footage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

On 5/21/2023 at 12:49 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's not really a song you would play at a wedding, so I can't see that.

I can totally see this being used as the recessional, especially if the groom and his attendants were wearing kilts, and the guests were bag-piped into the reception hall. But not in a fundy wedding.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 5/23/2023 at 3:39 PM, Howl said:

first listing for the house: 3bed, 3bath and 1,080sq ft

Maxwell post renovation listing: 3 bd, 3 ba and 1,408 sq ft

Maybe they did some conversions to living space downstairs.  

That a lot of bed and baths for a house that small, even with the addition of some square footage. 

I believe our home is 1380 sq ft and we have 4 bedrooms 2 baths. It was built in the 40s. So there’s no wasted space like in today’s houses. You can squeeze in a lot if you don’t have huge rooms and open 2 level foyers. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic