IGNORED

Maxwell 57: Planning Mary's Wedding

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe our home is 1380 sq ft and we have 4 bedrooms 2 baths. It was built in the 40s. So there’s no wasted space like in today’s houses. You can squeeze in a lot if you don’t have huge rooms and open 2 level foyers. 

My house was built in the 1950s and is 3 bedroom/1 bathroom, with a space for a second bathroom.  Houses were built to use every nook and cranny.

• Upvote 6

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but it looks as if Sam Hock will be working at Church Of The Open Door in Leavenworth soon. Will that mean Mary leaving college campus early and completing her studies online, I wonder?

As the baby of the family it probably makes sense for her to have family support around her for a year or so as she adjusts to her new life before they go off on overseas missions, I guess.

(from April 16 news bulletin)

https://www.opendoorinfo.org/bulletins

Screenshot_2023-05-26-09-34-27-1.png.278b22d9c8b6cc2b69e0749d68e8a8ef.png

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

Really happy for Mary. The wedding is tomorrow and looking at where the women of Maxhell household were just a few short years ago and where they're at now, it's night and day. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 12

On 3/31/2023 at 12:27 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Slightly OT:

Sarah is wearing make-up! eye-catching earrings!! an open neck plaid shirt with eye-trap buttons!!! and she looks so so so happy!!!!

Oh be still my heart. This makes me so happy.  This is the Sarah that was there inside all the time.  This is the Sarah Stevehovah suppressed/ repressed for years. No more forced sad smile.

Suck it Stevehovah -- Take a moment and compare this photo to the ones from a few years ago. You worked so hard to make your daughter less than she could be. But she's free now.  And she did it herself.  You failed Stevehovah. You failed to permanently stifle her life. You. Failed.

Go Sarah. FJ is so happy  for and proud of you.

Further OT: I'm seeing the same thing in my own photos in the last year compared to photos from a few years ago ❤️ 

It's ironic how I saw the pained smile/mask on Sarah and not on myself.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 13

14 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but it looks as if Sam Hock will be working at Church Of The Open Door in Leavenworth soon. Will that mean Mary leaving college campus early and completing her studies online, I wonder?

As the baby of the family it probably makes sense for her to have family support around her for a year or so as she adjusts to her new life before they go off on overseas missions, I guess.

(from April 16 news bulletin)

https://www.opendoorinfo.org/bulletins

Screenshot_2023-05-26-09-34-27-1.png.278b22d9c8b6cc2b69e0749d68e8a8ef.png

She got out. That's what I wanted. If she's back in her hometown, that doesn't mean she's back in her old room!

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

She got out. That's what I wanted. If she's back in her hometown, that doesn't mean she's back in her old room!

Hahaha for a second there I was imagining Mary and Sam in separate bunks back at the Max house!

Happy Wedding Day Mary & Sam! 💒👰🧔🏻‍♂️

I'm hoping the fj sleuths will find photos before the weekend is out! 

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if some of the friends she made at college will be at the wedding?

• Upvote 6

Happy Wedding Day Mary and Sam.  Don't take any shit from Steve and Teri over the way you run your household, raise future kids etc.

• Upvote 19

Today is one of those weird days in FJ land where when a real life friend wants to know what is up you want to tell them but you also know that it would make absolutely no sense. It is only a significant day for us here. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

Today is one of those weird days in FJ land where when a real life friend wants to know what is up you want to tell them but you also know that it would make absolutely no sense. It is only a significant day for us here. 

I've been lucky that my sister also follows JRod. I made an imitation Olive Garden dinner when Nurie's wedding video was posted and we ate and watched it together. She knows of the Maxwells, but doesn't follow them at all so I can't fully engage her on this.

Edited by mhainlen
Spelling error
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 5

Dear Rufus, please put it in Chelsy's heart to write a long blog post with lots of photos of this big day.

Also, I wish Steve a big Fuck You.

• Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 8

Just checking in for the virtual celebration. I am so proud of the MaxGals. And I think the reversal sons probably showed a LOT of team solidarity. Whoohoo!

• Upvote 13

Likewise, checking in. Just checked Church of the Open Door's FB for signs of a livestream but found none.

And yes, Chelsy, PLEASE bless us with some pics. At least one full family pic and one of the happy couple. The Maxwithdrawal symptoms are strong today. We had so many years of fan dusting and cupboard polishing and now that there's actually stuff going on...crickets.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Wishing we were back in the days were fundies would live stream their weddings.

I was really hoping the Hockwell nuptials would be live-streamed for the benefit of people in the Hocks' Uruguayan social circle. 

• Upvote 9

Can't wait to see pictures! I hope Mary has a beautiful wedding day.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

Aw Man- Yesterday I was consumed with my twins high school graduation and I woke this morning hoping to see a HOT thread and beautiful photos.. Guess I get to wait with the masses!  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

We still haven’t seen many pics of the Arndt wedding and they are a family full of photographers! I will be disappointed if we never see many pics from either wedding.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Anna has changed her Facebook profile picture to one of her in a mint green bridesmaid outfit. She looks lovely.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 3

Anna looks beautiful in her new Facebook profile picture! Sleeveless and V-neck dress- bridesmaids dress from Mary’s wedding? Amazing! Hopefully Chelsy will post on her blog about the wedding like she did with Sarah. 

• Upvote 14

20 minutes ago, Tal9227 said:

Anna looks beautiful in her new Facebook profile picture! Sleeveless and V-neck dress- bridesmaids dress from Mary’s wedding? Amazing! Hopefully Chelsy will post on her blog about the wedding like she did with Sarah. 

Isn't that amazing?  Three years ago who would have thought?  Anna and Mary have come a LONG way.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic