IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

Lol i was thinking just yesterday how many pregnancy announce we could have on mother's day, and I was like maybe Esther or Tori, then Lawson posted that big surprise post and I was oooh we had to count them too, and now here we are saturday, with a confirmed pregnancy (i wasn't expecting to be Erin at all) a speculated and almost sure pregnancy, plus at least a couple of others quite possibile for tomorrow. Is going to be a busy years for Bates that for sure, so faf we have had Katie and Alyssa who have gad a baby, Lydia and Withney announced, now we have Erin confirmed and Lawson almost sure 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Lol i was thinking just yesterday how many pregnancy announce we could have on mother's day, and I was like maybe Esther or Tori, then Lawson posted that big surprise post and I was oooh we had to count them too, and now here we are saturday, with a confirmed pregnancy (i wasn't expecting to be Erin at all) a speculated and almost sure pregnancy, plus at least a couple of others quite possibile for tomorrow. Is going to be a busy years for Bates that for sure, so faf we have had Katie and Alyssa who have gad a baby, Lydia and Withney announced, now we have Erin confirmed and Lawson almost sure 

And at this point, Tori can basically always be assumed to be pregnant 😂. I think there is a good chance Esther or Josie will announce tomorrow. I think we are about to go through a huge Bates baby spree, but that *should* mean 2024 is a light year. Maybe Jackson and Emerson, but I think/hope they will wait. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Oh hell yeah! I literally have "Erin miracle pregnancy with insane heath risks" on my fundie predictions for this year. 

Agree with what everyone is saying about Erin and her perfect family, with her perfect husband and their perfect life and being gods favourites being generally insufferable. 

I do feel sad for her kids. 

• Upvote 4

Ugh Erin. 

I feel so bad for Michael.  If I had to pick I'd certainly pick her life out of all of them. But watching miracle baby after miracle baby must be insane making.

I'd want to move across country and have a new life and not have it rubbed in my face.

I think there's an increased chance for a girl under the general thing that female embryos are more robust? 

I never thought Erin was done. And I do think she exaggerates her miracle baby status. If for no other reason than it makes her look like God's chosen.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

And at this point, Tori can basically always be assumed to be pregnant 😂. I think there is a good chance Esther or Josie will announce tomorrow. I think we are about to go through a huge Bates baby spree, but that *should* mean 2024 is a light year. Maybe Jackson and Emerson, but I think/hope they will wait. 

I wouldn't be so sure since at the moment they are all due in 2023! Some of them could very well announce a new pregnancy by this time or so next year. (Like Tori or i think even Esther) 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I wouldn't be so sure since at the moment they are all due in 2023! Some of them could very well announce a new pregnancy by this time or so next year. (Like Tori or i think even Esther) 

Oh, it is possible but it won't be a major baby boom like this year and this also assumes that Josie and Esther are pregnant currently. If they aren't, they will definitely have 2024 babies. 

Based on patterns, 2024 might be the first year Tori skips and then she would deliver really early in 2025. 

33 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Ugh Erin. 

I feel so bad for Michael.  If I had to pick I'd certainly pick her life out of all of them. But watching miracle baby after miracle baby must be insane making.

I'd want to move across country and have a new life and not have it rubbed in my face.

I think there's an increased chance for a girl under the general thing that female embryos are more robust? 

I never thought Erin was done. And I do think she exaggerates her miracle baby status. If for no other reason than it makes her look like God's chosen.

I think that Erin's rhetoric and narrative about miracles and answered prayers are what bothers me most about Erin versus Michaela. I have no doubt that Michaela is sincere in wanting children and has probably prayed and prayed again for her own "miracle." I am not overly religious myself, but I would be having a major crisis of faith that my sister with five children and a part of an ovary is having yet another prayer answered by God and will be delivering another baby. I can't figure out how Michaela must reconcile it in her own head.

We're months away from the video of her introducing the new baby to the six and sing songing, "Don't you just love him/her?"

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I zoomed in on the ultrasound photo at the end. It says she was 7 weeks 1 day and I can’t see the date when the ultrasound was done as clearly, but it looks like April twenty something, my best guess is 26, which would put her due date on 12/12, but Erin always goes early, so likely a November birthdate.

That’s a very early ultrasound. They’re usually not done until 12 weeks, 8 at the earliest. Also pretty early for her to already be feeling so sick. 

I feel bad for Carson. They are so obsessed with this being a boy and that god has control over that and encouraging him to pray for a brother. It’s effed up. What happens when it’s his fifth sister? And even if it is a boy, that’s a shit ton of expectation to put on an infant. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Oh, it is possible but it won't be a major baby boom like this year and this also assumes that Josie and Esther are pregnant currently. If they aren't, they will definitely have 2024 babies. 

Based on patterns, 2024 might be the first year Tori skips and then she would deliver really early in 2025. 

Tori has skipped a calendar year before. Her first boy was born in Nov. and her second boy is a March baby IIRC, so a calendar year was skipped.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Tori has skipped a calendar year before. Her first boy was born in Nov. and her second boy is a March baby IIRC, so a calendar year was skipped.

Oh yes, I forgot about that. I was.thinking Kolter, Charlotte, Cambree. I forgot Kade and Kolter actually have the biggest gap of her kids. 

5 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I zoomed in on the ultrasound photo at the end. It says she was 7 weeks 1 day and I can’t see the date when the ultrasound was done as clearly, but it looks like April twenty something, my best guess is 26, which would put her due date on 12/12, but Erin always goes early, so likely a November birthdate.

That’s a very early ultrasound. They’re usually not done until 12 weeks, 8 at the earliest. Also pretty early for her to already be feeling so sick. 

With Erin's history, a 7 week ultrasound isn't unusual. I have a similar history of miscarriage and got my first ultrasound at around 6 weeks. Someone on Reddit dated the picture as April 20th and that she is due Dec. 6. 

And I got sick as soon as the stock turned pink. 7 weeks is not too early for exhaustion/morning sickness. 

Also April 20th for the ultrasounds tracks for the hint about Tiffany as Lawson and Tiffany visited a few days before that. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

@CanadianMamam I also felt sick immediately after I found out I was pregnant and I was actively trying to get pregnant so I tested at the first feasible moment. At first, I just felt mildly unwell. By seven weeks with my first, just seeing pictures of food made me feel really nauseous. I was so happy around 13 weeks it started to taper off. I feel very bad for women who feel horribly sick through their whole pregnancies.

• I Agree 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Baxter said:

@CanadianMamam I also felt sick immediately after I found out I was pregnant and I was actively trying to get pregnant so I tested at the first feasible moment. At first, I just felt mildly unwell. By seven weeks with my first, just seeing pictures of food made me feel really nauseous. I was so happy around 13 weeks it started to taper off. I feel very bad for women who feel horribly sick through their whole pregnancies.

I had HG with my first two pregnancies and nausea was my first symptom and I was so sick the whole damn time. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

I feel bad for Carson. They are so obsessed with this being a boy and that god has control over that and encouraging him to pray for a brother. It’s effed up. What happens when it’s his fifth sister? And even if it is a boy, that’s a shit ton of expectation to put on an infant. 

Where I am in Canada, the standard is to do the first ultrasound in the first trimester, ideally between 7-9 weeks, for dating the pregnancy. Then another at 12ish weeks for nuchal translucency. I started feeling nauseous in my pregnancy at 6 weeks, and by 7 I was on the couch all evening fighting the urge to vomit 😬 but everyone is so different!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I was nauseous or dizzy before my period was late. First kid- car sick on a day trip to Gettysburg with the in-laws, and I just knew because I never get car sick. Second- we had just moved and I was cleaning the windows and watching the paper towels circle on the window I was cleaning made me dizzy, and I just knew. And third, went to take a sip of coffee and it smelled off in a very bad way. Just knew. Regarding Erin and her newest precious blessing miracle- there aren't enough eye rolls in the world. 

Edited by fluffernutter
  • Upvote 9

Are there any photos of Carlin and/or Josie with Erin’s kids? Or Erin with Carlin and/or Josie’s kids?

In my province only one ultrasound is typically done and it is at 20 weeks. However, Erin is definitely medically complex which might make a difference. I was high risk but not super complex so I have no idea if that would warrant multiple ultrasounds. I also live in a province with an overburdened health care system so that also makes a difference. We pay our doctors, nurses etc less so we have fewer of everything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:With Erin's history, a 7 week ultrasound isn't unusual. I have a similar history of miscarriage and got my first ultrasound at around 6 weeks. Someone on Reddit dated the picture as April 20th and that she is due Dec. 6. 

And I got sick as soon as the stock turned pink. 7 weeks is not too early for exhaustion/morning sickness. 

Also April 20th for the ultrasounds tracks for the hint about Tiffany as Lawson and Tiffany visited a few days before that. 

I am due the same week. I was beyond exhausted before I even tested positive and have been having near constant morning sickness since the six week mark. 

I am one day younger than Erin. I have some really weird feelings about being pregnant with my first at the same time as she is pregnant with her sixth. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 15

31 minutes ago, CreationMuseumCurator said:

I am due the same week. I was beyond exhausted before I even tested positive and have been having near constant morning sickness since the six week mark. 

I am one day younger than Erin. I have some really weird feelings about being pregnant with my first at the same time as she is pregnant with her sixth. 

Congrats! If it makes you feel any better, this is probably her 10th pregnancy with the early losses before her son. She is literally always pregnant. It's ridiculous she pretends to be surprised. How is it surprising to be pregnant for the 10th time in  less than 10 years. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

In my province only one ultrasound is typically done and it is at 20 weeks. However, Erin is definitely medically complex which might make a difference. I was high risk but not super complex so I have no idea if that would warrant multiple ultrasounds. I also live in a province with an overburdened health care system so that also makes a difference. We pay our doctors, nurses etc less so we have fewer of everything. 

Yeah every province is different. my cousin and I had preemies a few months apart in different provinces and had drastically different experiences of what was offered to us. Even the fact that she had to take her preemie to a crowded clinic to get his vaccines because that is how they did it in her province and that she wasn't assigned a pediatrician or any sort of follow up. 

1 hour ago, Adrienne83 said:

Are there any photos of Carlin and/or Josie with Erin’s kids? Or Erin with Carlin and/or Josie’s kids?

Carlin and Erin/Erin's kids, no. Erin has not held Zade and Carlin has but held Finely (at least not in pictures).

But Erin and Josie, yes. When Erin lived in Tennessee, they ahd play dates and Josie did Erin's hair. They definitely posed with each other and each other's kids. 

4 hours ago, Johannah said:

That’s a very early ultrasound. They’re usually not done until 12 weeks, 8 at the earliest.

Where I work it is common to do a dating ultrasound around 7 weeks or so. The patients who are having fertility treatment often come in for their first ultrasound around 5 weeks. 

I think Erin is a liar or exaggerates things to create a  martyr narrative and last time I checked, it was a sin.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Do you think Erin has been desperately trying for another baby, so she can stay ahed of the others? She has been the one with the most kids for a while now (can't be bothered to look it up :D) And with Alyssa and Whitney (and maybe Tori -who knows) having No 5 this year..... she had to have a sixth to stay ahead? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I'm sure she "has" to have as many as possible (in her mind, not sure Chad agrees)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

Do you think Erin has been desperately trying for another baby, so she can stay ahed of the others? She has been the one with the most kids for a while now (can't be bothered to look it up :D) And with Alyssa and Whitney (and maybe Tori -who knows) having No 5 this year..... she had to have a sixth to stay ahead? 

I think it’s more that she wants as many kids as possible, but having the most of all the Bates siblings is a bonus she likes. 
I wonder what goes on in Chad’s head. He’s also indoctrinated to think that they have to have as many kids as possible but I think he is worried about Erin’s health. Wouldn’t it be fairly easy for him to pray for God’s guidance and come to the conclusion that it’s okay to stop having more kids. He’s supposed to be the headship. But maybe he isn’t in the end.

• Upvote 9

God I really feel like Erin could be starting down a path to becoming the next Jill R. Overplaying her health issues to get attention, having her family perform a holier-than-thou lifestyle on social media as ministry, moving away from an actual job to go “help” a church, neglecting her kids emotionally and obviously favoring her first, stacking them in bunk beds and child cages…the makeup is even going in a crazier direction lately.

She has more taste and tact than Jill and actually feeds her children, but in other ways they’re becoming disturbingly similar.  At least Chad has a work ethic. 

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic