IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Weren't Alyssa and Josie the ones who shared a quiet bedroom (and maybe another of the girls)? I didn't know anything had happened between them, but I only get information here because I avoid social media like the plague. Plus you guys are much more fun!

They were and Alyssa was Josie's MOH but they haven't been shown together in years except during Katie's wedding planning and even then it was things like Josie flying in and out the same when they went dress shopping instead of staying at Alyssa's (but Josie was also heavily pregnant) or Alyssa and her kids spending time with Josie's kids when Michael had them and not actually with Josie. 

But it is not as obvious as Carlin and Erin and again, they managed to both be in the wedding party without issues. It is very possible they just drifted apart.

I never really watched BUB but I have been catching up on a few episodes online to fill in knowledge gaps and I noticed in Josie's birthday episode there Alyssa is pretty snarky with Kelton and I wonder if those two just don't click. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

In the very first episode where she and Erin are shopping for prizes for Whitney's shower, she is essentially giving Erin a tongue bath about how wonderful Erin is and how well she has dealt with all the miscarriages.

This was a reality show. The conversation was obviously planned in advance (and it felt that way). I don't think it demonstrated much about Carlin's personality (maybe the producers!)

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They were and Alyssa was Josie's MOH but they haven't been shown together in years except during Katie's wedding planning and even then it was things like Josie flying in and out the same when they went dress shopping instead of staying at Alyssa's (but Josie was also heavily pregnant) or Alyssa and her kids spending time with Josie's kids when Michael had them and not actually with Josie. 

They don't have a tv show any longer. They could easily have traveled and not put it on social media. Or they could talk on the phone together every day. Their true friendships within the family really can't be known to us.

• Upvote 1

Happened to hit on one of those clickbait "Surprising news!" YouTube videos. Absolutely nothing surprising, just the usual about the miracle baby and how they don't know whether they'll have more children.  However, the closed captions referred to them as "the pains," which seems somewhat accurate, and "Chad and Aaron," an entirely different couple of whom these Paines would not approve. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14

• 2 weeks later...

What colour is Erin's hair naturally? In some shots it's a strange grey/blonde shade that doesn't match her skin tones very well.

6 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

What colour is Erin's hair naturally? In some shots it's a strange grey/blonde shade that doesn't match her skin tones very well.

Sort of a light brown. She dyes it. 

• Upvote 1

Based on her skin tone/coloring, I think it is naturally a dark ash blonde. My hair is this color and just blah. 

• I Agree 3

On 3/17/2023 at 6:42 PM, Jackie3 said:

If you look at her roots, her hair seems to be brown, like Everly's color. Is that what's meant by ash blonde?

image.png.ee5e4ab69d93558313bf1022df756351.png Dark ash blonde

image.png.7f8259fa3d27a118ecbdc4d0c5105e5d.png  light brown

• Upvote 3

My roots are always darker than my hair and I don't dye it (well not blonde, I have dyed it tons of weird colors in the past). Even when I was a little girl it was like that, it would be a very dark blonde/light brown at the roots and then the rest of it would be a golden blonde. I just assume it has to do with sun exposure. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

To me the difference between ash blonde and light brown is that ash blonde or “dirty” blonde, looks a bit duller, like mixed with a gray tone.

• Upvote 2

I watched Erin's video with "Mrs. Paine."  (Can I say that I find it strange that Erin calls Chad's mother "Mrs. Paine" or "Nana?"  They've ben together for a long time, can she not use the first name?) 

Anyway, basically the point is that if you want to have a good life you need to read the bible every day.  You have to have a joyful home.  And that's pretty much it.  No acknowledgment whatsoever that raising kids is hard or concrete advice except that you should roll play potential issues with the kids so when things happen they know what to do.  Otherwise just pray. That's all you need to do to raise good people.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4

37 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I watched Erin's video with "Mrs. Paine."  (Can I say that I find it strange that Erin calls Chad's mother "Mrs. Paine" or "Nana?"  They've ben together for a long time, can she not use the first name?) 

Anyway, basically the point is that if you want to have a good life you need to read the bible every day.  You have to have a joyful home.  And that's pretty much it.  No acknowledgment whatsoever that raising kids is hard or concrete advice except that you should roll play potential issues with the kids so when things happen they know what to do.  Otherwise just pray. That's all you need to do to raise good people.

I have never ever called my MIL by her first name and we have been together almost 17 years..it is just not done. Before.we.got engaged I avoided calling her anything and then it was Mama or Baba. 

• Upvote 2

I've been with my husband for a total of 34 years, dating then married. I still don't know quite what to call mine. Well, I have plenty of nicknames, but that's a whole other thread. I usually awkwardly say her first name, kinda like "Hello, Newman." 🤣

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I never called my MIL anything either. Well, after we had kids, I called her Nana. My own mother did the same thing with her MIL. Never called her anything until she was "Grammy" .  It was surprisingly not that difficult. My husband calls my parents by their first names. We've been together 30+ years.

On Bewitched, Samantha always called her in-laws Mr. and Mrs. Stephens. Darrin called Endora by her first name. I think she said he'd never be able to pronounce her last name. 

• Upvote 2

My husband calls my mom y her fist name but my ILs are European immigrants who are close in age to my grandparents than my parents and I couldn't imagine calling them by their first names. 

• Upvote 1

My mom called her mother-in-law by her first name so did my dad. But as soon as they became grandparents, they started calling them by their grandparents name. That’s pretty much how every Inlaw situation has been in my family. You call them by their first name and then as soon as their grandparents, you call him by their grandparent’s name.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I always called my MIL by her first name. However, I had a problem with my husband’s grandmother, who lived with them. Nobody ever told me what to call her.

It seemed disrespectful to call her by her first name, when I was in my rwenties and she was fifty years my senior (growing up, all adults had a title). I started to call her “Grandma” as my husband did, but this seemed to annoy my MIL (her DIL), which worried me because I wanted her to like me. 

So in the end, I called her nothing at all. We got along fine anyway. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

I've always called my inlaws by their first name, also with previous boyfriends when I was younger. My husbands grandma I just call grandma as well. 

My parents called their inlaws 'mother' and 'father' I think, so kind of formal but still family.

• Upvote 1

My husband I have been together since high school, so over 20 years now. When we were young I think I just avoided calling his parents anything...haha. Then around college I started calling them by their first names. Now they get called by their grandparent names. Same for my parents. 

On 3/28/2023 at 7:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

In the Midwest, we tend to call our in laws by their first names or by their grandparent names. 

This might be a bit more regional than that. When we lived in MN most of our friends called their in-laws  "mom" and "dad". I have always called my MIL by her first name. I tried not to call my FIL anything and didn't really have to until we had kids and then I spoke through them to him when needed. I met him the day before I got married and didn't see him again for 18 months, when I had a 5 month old. 

My husband's grandparents were call Grandma first name and Grandpa First name like their grand kids called them. 

My husband called my parents by their first names and grandmothers Grandma first name. 

I grew up in California, and my husband in Minnesota.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking about this a week or two ago.  I called my first MIL "Mrs Rxxxx", and was never invited to call her anything else.  Later I had neighbors who had been married 30-odd years and still called their MIL's "Mrs Wxxxx". I called my second MIL Grandma, and my third one by her first name (or Big Mama, or Jabba, depending...).  It's kind of weird, how awkward it is to find a name for MIL.

• Upvote 1

Erin did a remodel video of the girls room. They have moved Finley in there too, i hope this doesnt mean they need the nursery in Carsons closet for a new blessing.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 3

I didn’t hate it.  Granted it is in shades of neutrals and white.  But the three girls seemed to live it and were really excited.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic