IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

We had to take out the ceiling fan for safety reasons when we transitioned my oldest to a bunk bed. We haven’t had true summer heat yet in TX so I don’t know how hot it will get on the top bunk, but I have my eye on a Dyson at Costco in case we need to pick one up soon. However he sleeps in underwear only which I doubt the Paines would allow for their girls.

• Upvote 1

I clicked on YouTube and watched the 2 room renovations[better late than never, maybe]. Chad and Erin do a decent job at planning and executing an aesthetically appealing product. They have the potential for operating a successful interior design business. My question, would Erin be able to work with clients,  giving the customers the ultimate control and final decision? I wonder if Erin lets the kids enjoy those rooms? I don’t know any little kids that prefer baskets, plants, fancy gold plated crap and perfectly curated designs to kids’ crap. Maybe I only know low-brow kids…

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I clicked on YouTube and watched the 2 room renovations[better late than never, maybe]. Chad and Erin do a decent job at planning and executing an aesthetically appealing product. They have the potential for operating a successful interior design business. My question, would Erin be able to work with clients,  giving the customers the ultimate control and final decision? I wonder if Erin lets the kids enjoy those rooms? I don’t know any little kids that prefer baskets, plants, fancy gold plated crap and perfectly curated designs to kids’ crap. Maybe I only know low-brow kids…

I have a family member who is a professional interior designer. And she will tell you there are two types of them. The ones who listen to the clients and give them what they want. And the designers who strong arm the clients and do it the way the designer wants. Thankfully my relative will give the clients what they want. Even if she thinks it’s ugly, lol. Erin would do what she wants and get pissed if a client wanted something different. 

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a family member who is a professional interior designer. And she will tell you there are two types of them. The ones who listen to the clients and give them what they want. And the designers who strong arm the clients and do it the way the designer wants. Thankfully my relative will give the clients what they want. Even if she thinks it’s ugly, lol. Erin would do what she wants and get pissed if a client wanted something different. 

We had one that was the latter. We told her the aesthetic we were going for and our budget, and she sent us furniture options that were very much not what we were going for, but more importantly way out of our budget (that she was aware of!!!). I’m taking $7k couches and $1800 accent tables! Plus her fee was $500! I let her know the furniture was out of our budget and she offered to pick out cheaper options. Weeks went by and crickets. Finally sent her an email saying we were no longer interested in her services. 0/10 recommend lol. Ended up doing it ourselves, and we’re still salty about that $500 haha. 

• Upvote 6

I think a good designer should also suggest things that the clients might not think of within reason. Clearly sticking to any budget (wtf @Keys that was horrible of her!) and without suggesting something/style that they clearly stated they particularly dislike. 
I am not a fan of either the natural everything in beige or really frilly flowery 80’s style, but it would be sad if they found something in that style that might really compliment the rest and didn’t suggest it. I know my go-to taste and don’t need a complete echo-chamber. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I think a good designer should also suggest things that the clients might not think of within reason. Clearly sticking to any budget (wtf @Keys that was horrible of her!) and without suggesting something/style that they clearly stated they particularly dislike. 
I am not a fan of either the natural everything in beige or really frilly flowery 80’s style, but it would be sad if they found something in that style that might really compliment the rest and didn’t suggest it. I know my go-to taste and don’t need a complete echo-chamber. 

My husband thinks she must have been earning commission from the furniture websites she suggested, hence the crazy expense and the fact that we heard nothing from her after she said she would look into less expensive options. 😑

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Well that’s what a designer is for. If a designer only gave the client exactly what they say, there wouldn’t be a need for them. But a good designer helps the client figure out what they like by actually listening to them. 

• Upvote 6

I only worked in the marketing and selling of wallpaper when I graduated with my degree (early 90's, wholllllle lotta florals and sunflowers and borders lol), so I didn't really have a lot of experience with the design experiences a whole, but the idea drilled into us in school was find out what your client loves and then build around that. 

• Love 2

Have we heard ANYTHING about this church that Chad is supposed to be "working with"--that was allegedly the whole reason for this move to Florida? If this is a "church plant"--shouldn't they be promoting this church?

• Upvote 4

I read that fast and thought it said "Too many good mens to count".  😄 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Yeah Lawson. This is the picture Erin wants to see on her birthday. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.71d722cb63763e0e35feee0189be25ca.png

Is that picture old? Erin and Carlin haven’t been pictured together in a long time (unless it’s a big group photo).

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is that picture old? Erin and Carlin haven’t been pictured together in a long time (unless it’s a big group photo).

I sure it’s old, but I don’t know from what time. He also posted one of the four oldest when they were kids.

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is. Both Carlin and Erin look younger. Comparing to other photos, I think it was taken before Carlin got married. .

Lawson is close to both Erin and Carlin, so I wonder if their feud bothers him on some level. 

• Upvote 4

The picture is old i think, but Lawson probably purposefully choose the picture because they have recently made peace with each other. Carlin has been liking all Erin posts recently and she even wrotte a happy birthday message to her.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, llucie said:

The picture is old i think, but Lawson probably purposefully choose the picture because they have recently made peace with each other. Carlin has been liking all Erin posts recently and she even wrotte a happy birthday message to her.

I am not sure they have made peace. Carlin has always liked most of Erin's posts and has commented on Kelly's posts for Erin (and I assume that is what you mean by the happy birthday message as I didn't see a solo post from Carlin, that would be a statement). 

The silence and coldness has always seemed more from Erin than Carlin and until there is some overture from Erin, some little sign, I am not calling the feud over. There was no footage of the Stewart's in Erin's ILY Day video and her post from their uncle's funeral also included no pics with Carlin or even pics with Carlin's kids. 

10 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Yeah Lawson. This is the picture Erin wants to see on her birthday. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.71d722cb63763e0e35feee0189be25ca.png

I mean I feel like she might prefer that one to this one Screenshot_20230503-083429.thumb.png.69ce5c821ea73330898131abc9df163f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I am not sure they have made peace. Carlin has always liked most of Erin's posts and has commented on Kelly's posts for Erin (and I assume that is what you mean by the happy birthday message as I didn't see a solo post from Carlin, that would be a statement). 

The silence and coldness has always seemed more from Erin than Carlin and until there is some overture from Erin, some little sign, I am not calling the feud over. There was no footage of the Stewart's in Erin's ILY Day video and her post from their uncle's funeral also included no pics with Carlin or even pics with Carlin's kids. 

I think this is the first post about Erin that she has commented since the feud happened. Previously she had commented only in post about her kids. She evn wrotte "i love you". Maybe they got to talk when the funeral happened.

It is true that we have not seen the same from Erin part, but she is a lot less active on social media. Since Lawson is really close to Erin i dont think he would have choosen that picture if they were not in a better place now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, llucie said:

I think this is the first post about Erin that she has commented since the feud happened. Previously she had commented only in post about her kids. She evn wrotte "i love you". Maybe they got to talk when the funeral happened.

It is true that we have not seen the same from Erin part, but she is a lot less active on social media. Since Lawson is really close to Erin i dont think he would have choosen that picture if they were not in a better place now.

I think Lawson would have posted to try and get them talking, if he thought there was some softening as he is also close to Carlin. I think Lawson is probably the only siblings who is close to both Erin and Carlin and so he probably sees both sides. 

I checked and it seems you are right (although she has commented on a couple of Erin's actual posts, but mostly ones about the kids/pregnancy). I just remembered that Carlin commented to congratulate Erin on Finley and Erin did comment in anyway on Zade. 

I feel like there is some softening, but I am not sure the feud is over, but it is possible Carlin is trying to make overtures. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think Lawson would have posted to try and get them talking, if he thought there was some softening as he is also close to Carlin. I think Lawson is probably the only siblings who is close to both Erin and Carlin and so he probably sees both sides. 

I checked and it seems you are right (although she has commented on a couple of Erin's actual posts, but mostly ones about the kids/pregnancy). I just remembered that Carlin commented to congratulate Erin on Finley and Erin did comment in anyway on Zade. 

I feel like there is some softening, but I am not sure the feud is over, but it is possible Carlin is trying to make overtures. 

As someone going through a family feud right now, it is easier to be polite with the obligatory birthday or anniversary post. How do you respond to your jerk of an uncle's new wife who sent you 450ish photos of their wedding that you weren't even invited to in the first place? I just said happy anniversary and left it at that. But if she was trying to get in my head, she did it. I spent too long contemplating why she did it.

I would also add that being apart geographically helps a great deal. It is easy to remind yourself why you are mad when you see someone every day or week. Now they are more miles apart and only have to see each other at weddings, funerals, and holidays. Carlin isn't really the most observant person ever. Erin can come off as very passive-aggressive. So I'd say there is fuel for the feud to continue.

• Upvote 1

I was really needing a nap this afternoon and decided to put on Erin’s last YouTube video featuring Kelly. Worked like a charm! I was asleep within five minutes and have zero idea what was said. Thanks Erin!

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I was really needing a nap this afternoon and decided to put on Erin’s last YouTube video featuring Kelly. Worked like a charm! I was asleep within five minutes and have zero idea what was said. Thanks Erin!

I would be scared of what your subconscious took in..... lol 

Indoctrination works in many ways ;)

• Haha 16

On 5/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

Basically, be positive. All the time. No matter what.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Basically, be positive. All the time. No matter what.

@front hugs > duggs will have to let us know if they are experiencing any rise in maintaining her positivity and or the desire to do their hair in a big bouffant style.... lol  

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

@front hugs > duggs will have to let us know if they are experiencing any rise in maintaining her positivity and or the desire to do their hair in a big bouffant style.... lol  

Day 3….hair flat as ever…sassy as always. There appears to be no visible signs of mind infiltration. 

However, currently having trouble sleeping. May repeat the process. Will report back with any significant updates. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic