IGNORED

M is for Mama 18

Coconut Flan

Continue from here:

• Upvote 4

Braggie went to Costco with a bunch of kids and bought a bunch of food. Then showed off her packed full cupboards and fridge. She has no idea how extremely privileged she is. She can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on food each week. 99% of American families can’t spend that kind of money each week. She brags so much about her bank account it’s gross. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

What I noticed is that she had dumped her produce together (bananas, oranges, kiwis, lemons, and whatever) into one big kitchen drawer.  Maybe they eat it up quickly?  It was just odd.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Xan said:

What I noticed is that she had dumped her produce together (bananas, oranges, kiwis, lemons, and whatever) into one big kitchen drawer.  Maybe they eat it up quickly?  It was just odd.  

I noticed that too! I keep a fruit bowl where I stash bananas, but citrus definitely goes in the fridge. Kiwis I've been known to take out a few at a time to ripen faster, while I keep most of the container in the fridge. I guess if they eat all of that in a matter of days, it's probably fine -- but even so, a drawer is weird!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Is Braggie an "everything off the counter all the time" person? That could explain fruit in a...drawer. (That's weird, Braggie, even for "nothing on the counters" people)

• Upvote 4

She's got all kinds of shit on her counters. I'm a nothing on the counter person and I still put my bananas in a bowl. I do want to get a fruit hammock, but I'm also an underbuyer and haven't done that yet.

I absolutely hate her "pantry". I don't understand why you would change a walk-in pantry to traditional cabinets open to the room. It's so much more difficult to store cans and boxes on those upper shelves than on open pantry shelves. Even with 10 kids, you don't need that extra counter space. 

There might be a trend on the rise with influencers to have these kitchen Part 2s. Audrey Roloff just redid their house and they have something they are calling a butler's pantry but it's just a second kitchen caddy corner to their main kitchen. I feel like Abbie's is that kind of attempt too. I can just picture looking for a box of macaroni and having to open a bunch of upper cabinets to try and find it and then reach up on your tip toes to grab. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie went to Costco with a bunch of kids and bought a bunch of food. Then showed off her packed full cupboards and fridge. She has no idea how extremely privileged she is. She can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on food each week. 99% of American families can’t spend that kind of money each week. She brags so much about her bank account it’s gross. 

She is such a damn show boat.  If she was every bit of the Christian she claims to be, I’d expect to see humbleness, but all I see is arrogance—and it gets worse with every post.  She is so fucking out of touch.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfGoats said:

She is such a damn show boat.  If she was every bit of the Christian she claims to be, I’d expect to see humbleness, but all I see is arrogance—and it gets worse with every post.  She is so fucking out of touch.  

I’m amazed her humpers haven’t gotten tired of the extravagance. A trip to Europe last year that probably cost $100,000. The unnecessary renovation of a kitchen that was only 7 years old. The high end appliances. A house 5 times bigger than the average American home. The $600 quilt coat. The constant shopping for clothes, furniture, rugs and crap. A trip to NYC and a broadway show. She spends so much money. So much money. She isn’t the least bit relatable. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Braggie’s $4,000 fridge. Even though the other one was completely fine and she just moved it to the garage. So now she has this 4000 fridge, her other expensive fridge in the garage, and a deep freezer. We just got a new fridge too. Want to know what we spent? $700. I consider us very privileged too. Braggie just lives in another fucking reality of wealth and privilege. 

992F2551-531D-4E02-886A-8C5CFC511366.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie’s $4,000 fridge. Even though the other one was completely fine and she just moved it to the garage. So now she has this 4000 fridge, her other expensive fridge in the garage, and a deep freezer. We just got a new fridge too. Want to know what we spent? $700. I consider us very privileged too. Braggie just lives in another fucking reality of wealth and privilege. 

992F2551-531D-4E02-886A-8C5CFC511366.jpeg

I think Abbie also mentioned that because the refrigerator was bigger (deeper) they had to redo the cabinet next to it both for space and aesthetics. Why wouldn’t you just keep the 5 YO appliance that fit the original space?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think Abbie also mentioned that because the refrigerator was bigger (deeper) they had to redo the cabinet next to it both for space and aesthetics. Why wouldn’t you just keep the 5 YO appliance that fit the original space?

Because she has a shopping addiction and always wants bigger and better when it comes to everything. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

Posted (edited)

And then has the audacity to bitch and moan about how their move-in date kept getting pushed back. Can you imagine having a perfectly good appliance, making the decision to replace it, and then picking an item that would require further construction? How about you measure the space and select a replacement that fits into it? Or buy the bigger appliance and put IT in the garage, thus saving both money and time on your Reno. Prima donna to the max. My husband would blow a gasket if I suggested something so insane.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And then has the audacity to bitch and moan about how their move-in date kept getting pushed back. Can you imagine having a perfectly good appliance, making the decision to replace it, and then picking an item that would require further construction? How about you measure the space and select a replacement that fits into it? Or buy the bigger appliance and put IT in the garage, thus saving both money and time on your Reno. Prima donna to the max. My husband would blow a gasket if I suggested something so insane.

I measured our old fridge and made sure to buy a fridge with the same measurements or smaller. Because I knew our doorways are very tight. It’s an old house with narrow doorways. They just barely got the old fridge out. If I had bought a new fridge just a centimeter bigger than the old one, it wouldn’t have fit through the door. I plan ahead and don’t just buy things on a whim. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

How would everyone know how much more Jesus loves her than them if she doesn't have to absolute very best most trendy kitchen ever?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Is Braggie an "everything off the counter all the time" person? That could explain fruit in a...drawer. (That's weird, Braggie, even for "nothing on the counters" people)

Abbie is the opposite to emptyness!!!

I'm an empty counter person, but I have 2 children, so it's never 100% empty! Anyway, I have a couple big bowls for fruit in the kitchen counter, because some fruits cannot be in the fridge. I don't think a fruit bowl breaks a kitchen minimalist look. I don't know anybody who keeps fruits in a drawer. I suspect fruits in a drawer or in a closed cabinet will get ripped and smelly very soon.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 10

She asked everyone to interact with  her house organization posts in order to boost engagement. 

I wonder if she’s trying to write a home decorating book or something? 

• Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 1

7 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Oh dear Rufus no. No, No ,No. 1000 x NO. Please not another thing for her to be insufferably smug about.

She's way beyond Maximalism. What would her decor style be?  Over Stuffed House-ism? Shopping Addiction-ism? 1 Step from Hoarding-ism? Jesus Loves Me Best and Gives Me Stuff-ism? Buy Everything You See, Who Cares If It Coordinates-ism?

As a BEC I'm saying Braggie has zero taste and zero style sense.  What she has is a serious shopping addiction and a wallet full of cash.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, theotherelise said:

There might be a trend on the rise with influencers to have these kitchen Part 2s. Audrey Roloff just redid their house and they have something they are calling a butler's pantry but it's just a second kitchen caddy corner to their main kitchen. I feel like Abbie's is that kind of attempt too. I can just picture looking for a box of macaroni and having to open a bunch of upper cabinets to try and find it and then reach up on your tip toes to grab. 

I read last year or so that the new trend for kitchens is to have a messy kitchen next door. For the things that make a kitchen messy, like cooking food. So that your expensive shiny open kitchen with the expensive stone counter tops stay presentable when you entertain or something. I can't wrap my mind around something like that.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

I read last year or so that the new trend for kitchens is to have a messy kitchen next door. For the things that make a kitchen messy, like cooking food. So that your expensive shiny open kitchen with the expensive stone counter tops stay presentable when you entertain or something. I can't wrap my mind around something like that.

That’s like the Duggars. They seemed to have their industrial kitchen hidden behind their “pretty kitchen.” 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I read last year or so that the new trend for kitchens is to have a messy kitchen next door. For the things that make a kitchen messy, like cooking food

I think this is a spin off of open plan living - you can't just shut a door and hide the mess. The trend here that I find absolutely mindblowing is a bathroom per bedroom - who's cleaning them all??

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I think this is a spin off of open plan living - you can't just shut a door and hide the mess. The trend here that I find absolutely mindblowing is a bathroom per bedroom - who's cleaning them all??

I hate completely open concept living. Like a totally open kitchen, living room, and dining room. And then a huge two story living room that’s open to upstairs. Where all the bedrooms are. I always think you must be quiet in a house like that. Because the noise would travel everywhere so easily. Plus like you said, everyone can see your messy kitchen. We only have 2 bathrooms in our house. I can’t imagine having a ton of toilets to clean. I really hate scrubbing toilets. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate completely open concept living. Like a totally open kitchen, living room, and dining room. And then a huge two story living room that’s open to upstairs. Where all the bedrooms are. I always think you must be quiet in a house like that. Because the noise would travel everywhere so easily.

Having been to people's homes for both piano lessons and dog training, I hate open floor plans. It's such a pleasure to just close a door to contain sound, or to keep puppies from danger with a door or baby gate.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate completely open concept living. Like a totally open kitchen, living room, and dining room. And then a huge two story living room that’s open to upstairs. Where all the bedrooms are. I always think you must be quiet in a house like that. Because the noise would travel everywhere so easily. Plus like you said, everyone can see your messy kitchen. We only have 2 bathrooms in our house. I can’t imagine having a ton of toilets to clean. I really hate scrubbing toilets. 

We have 2 bathrooms and a half bathroom in our house, and yes, cleaning 3 toilets sucks big time.   We recently decided to hire a house cleaner to come and clean every other week, and I am beyond thankful we did.

Hmm, Braggie spent $4,000 on a fridge with leaky parts that have been replaced once already? 🤔🙄  I guess when all you care about are how things look,  why bother reading performance reviews and buy something that actually works without any issues.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 11

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

She asked everyone to interact with  her house organization posts in order to boost engagement. 

I want this to happen in so many ways, because who the heck would she write it for? Because in this world how many Jesus loving, huge family, high budget, maximalist, anthro,  mummies, with zero taste are there? I mean I am sure her hordes of followers will totally see them self in any home guide book she wrote 🤣🤣 

As to toilets I would pay to have as many toilets as rooms now, after having 1 for 4 people in our older house. I swear I clean more with 1 then 2, 3 woukd be a dream. 😅

I also loved my old house set up, it was a partial open plan. You opened the front door to the living room and dining area, but kitchen was tucked off to the side, so you couldn't see in to it from the front door, but it was open to the dining area so was great for entertaining and living. But I know they aren't for everyone and I admit to not wanting my kitchen seen from the front door. So I guess I like a partial open plan. 

Edited by tankgirl
  • Upvote 9