IGNORED

Theobros, Patriarchs, Dominionists, Christofascists et al.

Howl

42 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Telltale’s (youtube) done some good videos on Greg Locke. He’s unhinged. 

More unhinged than the pissing pastor Steve Anderson?  

23 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

More unhinged than the pissing pastor Steve Anderson?  

They’re hard to compare. Greg Locke is into unprovable* things in a way the PP isn’t. PP at least does sermons off the bible. Greg Locke will just come up with random “where are you getting this??” crap. Greg Locke will teach on “revelations” he gets directly from god. 

*by “unprovable” I mean: there’s nothing about them in the bible and he’ll preach on them as if they are. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

They’re hard to compare. Greg Locke is into unprovable things in a way the PP isn’t. PP at least does sermons off the bible. Greg Locke will just come up with random “where are you getting this??” crap. Greg Locke will teach on “revelations” he gets directly from god. 

Thank you. I think I jumped in with my comment just based on the amount of screaming and jumping around I’ve seen. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Thank you. I think I jumped in with my comment just based on the amount of screaming and jumping around I’ve seen. 

I thought your comment was spot on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Feb. 27 Tweet by   Kitchen Priestess 🍲 I now declare the GOP treif  @ShekinahCanCook

It's particularly amusing to see American protestants claiming they should support Putin b/c he's a "christian" when Eastern Orthodoxy isn't recognized as "real" christianity by them and adherents are considered "unsaved." Go figure.  

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Feb. 27 Tweet by   Kitchen Priestess 🍲 I now declare the GOP treif  @ShekinahCanCook

It's particularly amusing to see American protestants claiming they should support Putin b/c he's a "christian" when Eastern Orthodoxy isn't recognized as "real" christianity by them and adherents are considered "unsaved." Go figure.  

It’s terrifying seeing how much love Putin’s suddenly getting from Trumpers!

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Really??? I have only followed this on my local (New Zealand) news and don’t personally follow anyone on social media. That is heartbreaking! And oh so very Christian 🙄

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Terrifying but NOT surprising.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

42 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Terrifying but NOT surprising.

Agreed. I almost edited my post to add that but decided against it. It’s no surprise that anyone who thinks Trump is a god would also think any of his cronies are lovely humans, too. 🤢

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Speaking of christofascists, apparently Gary North has died.

Spouse: Sharon Rushdooney, so yeah, quite the pedigree. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/19/2022 at 9:50 PM, Katzchen24 said:

This guy is a first class Qrazy. He's been responsible for a recent book burning, conducted huge services (masks forbidden) throughout the Covid pandemic, espouses violence against anyone who doesn't do his brand of Jesus and is absolutely convinced that God ordained Trump to win the election in 2020. I'm not too sure where he stands on that now, but the guy is a terrifying nut job. 

I go back and forth between classifying him as unhinged versus "likely predator still flying under the radar." 

The witch thing may be Qrazy.

It might also be very intentional gaslighting against women who might have something to say about his private behavior.

We wait and see.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, hoipolloi said:

That's Greg Locke. He has come up recently in this FJ thread, thanks to this very thing.

The speculation on Twitter is that the "six witches" may actually be six women in his church who are accusing him of sexual harassment or worse, so this rant from the pulpit is really an attempt to get ahead of their allegations.

Given Locke's history as summarized in that Baptist News Global article, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, this.

He has a troubled history with extreme childhood trauma and time in the juvenile justice system going back to age 11 or so. My speculation is that rigid religion sort of kept him functioning but not entirely. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

It might also be very intentional gaslighting against women who might have something to say about his private behavior.

This is what I'm assuming. He's getting ahead of info that could bring him down. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, noseybutt said:

The witch thing may be Qrazy.

Could be both. Haven’t there been a number of murders recently because someone thought their partner/children were lizard people/Illuminati/some QAnonsense enemy?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

Could be both. Haven’t there been a number of murders recently because someone thought their partner/children were lizard people/Illuminati/some QAnonsense enemy?

The only Q murder I know about is the dad indicted in San Diego for killing his 2 young children in Mexico.

(Prefacing with "only" feels weird because the facts of the case are so horrible.)

I expect we will see many more to come because political people tend to develop political delusions when they become psychotic, religious people tend to develop religious delusions, tech people develop tech delusions, and so forth.

I had a guy a month or two ago upset that his attorney had died in the "vaccination genocide." She had merely changed jobs.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

11 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

The only Q murder I know about is the dad indicted in San Diego for killing his 2 young children in Mexico.

Whoa. I made the mistake of googling Qanon murder and there are quite a few cases.

Dang.

Local to me it is still mostly Sovereign Citizen type beliefs with a tinge of Q that are popping up in our legal system.

• Upvote 2

QAnon seems perfectly tailored for delusional people, or maybe it's a mass shared delusion. 

I'm very glad I don't know anyone, friend or family, who slipped over the edge and was lost to Q.  I have some in-laws who are conservative Trumpist (not MAGA) but they started out as Obama birthers, so no surprise there. 

Edited by Howl
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, noseybutt said:

Local to me it is still mostly Sovereign Citizen type beliefs with a tinge of Q that are popping up in our legal system.

Are there typical types of issues or all over the place? 

When I lived in SW Colorado in a county with no building code, the ONLY requirement was for a septic system that was inspected and approved by the county sanitation guy.  This was way too much government oversight for a few Sovereign Citizen guys. 

Back when the Bundy boys were occupying the Malheur Wildlife Refuge, there was some Sov Cit discussion here.  One commenter noted that local judges dreaded the crazy town that ensued when a Sov Cit showed up in the courtroom representing themselves for a hearing or trial.

• Upvote 4

There are YouTubers dedicated to SovCits. It’s incredible how off the rails they are. Unfortunately it’s only a matter of time before some of my family appears in those!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Are there typical types of issues or all over the place? 

When I lived in SW Colorado in a county with no building code, the ONLY requirement was for a septic system that was inspected and approved by the county sanitation guy.  This was way too much government oversight for a few Sovereign Citizen guys. 

Back when the Bundy boys were occupying the Malheur Wildlife Refuge, there was some Sov Cit discussion here.  One commenter noted that local judges dreaded the crazy town that ensued when a Sov Cit showed up in the courtroom representing themselves for a hearing or trial.

My experience is that the beliefs are both universal (because internet and social media) and local. For example, our sovereign citizen types are usually in more remote areas rather than the cities because it's hard to live out the beliefs in a more urban setting. (Though, there is a group of Chicago that does it.)

There is lots of discussion in my professional world right now as to what differentiates an "extreme belief" versus a delusion. In my opinion, it's less about the belief per se than ability to reality test. But some of these cases are head scratchers.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Howl said:

QAnon seems perfectly tailored for delusional people, or maybe it's a mass shared delusion. 

I'm very glad I don't know anyone, friend or family, who slipped over the edge and was lost to Q.  I have some in-laws who are conservative Trumpist (not MAGA) but they started out as Obama birthers, so no surprise there. 

I have extended family down the Q rabbit hole. It's awful. The worst is a close relative who did NOT vote for Trump but lost their healthcare job early in the pandemic. After that, it was a slow decent into more extreme Q ideology. This person is bright and very well educated. It's not a matter of intelligence. I do think it is a matter of social isolation---too little time with people in person and too much time with strangers online. Certain corners of the internet function a lot like cults in terms of welcoming new people in a loving way, introducing and reaffirming an in-group ideology, making people believe they have some sort of secret knowledge, etc.

It's a lot like Gnosticism in the sense that "knowing" what other people do not makes them feel important and special.

There is a lot of hyper-religiosity and scrupulosity in my extended family and I think that plays a role too. Always searching for the "most correct" way to understand and follow God.  Q is scrupulosity for right wing political extremism. This endless search for loose threads and secret plots.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

Greg Locke said he's getting a bit of push back for exposing witches in his church.

On Friday, Locke posted a video on Facebook detailing the pushback and hatred Global Vision Bible Church’s leadership has been receiving.

From explicit packages in the mail to thousands of profanity laced phone calls every week, Locke shared that many times the church’s voice mail box will fill up before the next call can be answered.

Locke said they have tracked down a man who has threatened to come to the church to kill him by slicing his throat. “We’ve been getting—literally—sex toys in the mail every single day [and] glitter bombs from witches.”

Witches are real, the pastor exclaimed, and people are mad at him for exposing them. A frustrated Locke called out the Christians who have openly disagreed with what they are doing, saying, “The church is too unbiblical and ignorant to recognize witchcraft, sorcery, spells, and curses when they see them.”

Sure, Greg.  Whatever you say.  (Of course sending threats and profanity laced voice mails is unacceptable no matter what). 

• Upvote 7
  • Move Along 1