IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

On 5/3/2023 at 4:06 AM, JDuggs said:

Yeah Lawson. This is the picture Erin wants to see on her birthday. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.71d722cb63763e0e35feee0189be25ca.png

Come on, you can’t expect Lawson to post a picture where he ISN’T front and center!

• Haha 4

Omg noooooooooooooooooo

I guess they’re trying hard for a second boy. You really just can’t ever trust the fundies when they talk about being done 🤦🏻

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

How fertile IS she??

One thing that came to my mind is that IF Lawson and Tiffany are also pregnant and about to announce then I think it’s rather tasteless of Erin to announce on the same day. Of course their families already know, but still. Maybe this indicates that Lawson’s announcement is something else?

• Upvote 5

Lord help if it is another girl. They are going to have to start putting the girls in dresser drawers or two in each bunk.

I guess that explains the random visit from Kelly (she told Alyssa's kids she would visit them next time and sent Callie to stay with them) and the way Erin was napping or resting on the couch under a blanket for part of Lawson and Tiffany's visit. 

I'm not one who is aching for Michaela to have a baby and raise yet another child into the cult, but I would not be able to keep it sweet if my sister who had a small part of one ovary was still Fertile Myrtle. That would certainly rock my faith and beliefs at this point. 

Notes:

1. I love the squinty eyes that Brooklyn was giving Erin. That child is a vibe with her silent judgment. 

2. Everly snatching the "clue" out of Erin's hands was so on brand.

3. Did Brooklyn just announce Lawson and Tiffany's pregnancy by saying she was praying for their kid? Maybe she was "praying for them to have a kid?" She claimed she knew Erin was pregnant.

• Upvote 12

I knew they weren’t done. When she got pregnant with #5 not long after her procedure, I decided they were probably exaggerating how much of the other ovary was taken. My guess is that she has one functioning ovary left. And I think she can keep getting pregnant. Plenty of people get pregnant with only one ovary. I have no evidence of this. I just think Bateses exaggerate everything and call everything a miracle. When really it’s not exactly how they portray it. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

How fertile IS she??

One thing that came to my mind is that IF Lawson and Tiffany are also pregnant and about to announce then I think it’s rather tasteless of Erin to announce on the same day. Of course their families already know, but still. Maybe this indicates that Lawson’s announcement is something else?

No it’s definitely a pregnancy announcement. Brooke says in the video that she’s “praying for Lawson and Tiffany’s kid and their new kid” so Erin just spoiled Lawson’s announcement on the day they will most likely be announcing since Lawson made it seem like People would post yesterday and they didn’t. Maybe they’ll wait til tomorrow to announce?

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I do think she has just a part of an ovary left but it’s working, she’s still fairly young and has obviously inherited Kelly’s fertility. Who knows how many kids the Bates and Duggar daughters would have if they would all avoid contraception? (Michael excluded). My assumption would be that at first they didn’t know how Erin’s body would work after removing a lot of her ovaries and they thought the chances of getting pregnant were slim. Later it turned out that was not the case. Has there been talk about the chances of getting pregnant after Finley? I’m no doctor, but I would think that if you menstruate, even if not totally regularly, that means you’re able to conceive, especially if you have sex regularly and want to get pregnant. I think Erin belongs to that category. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

I do think she has just a part of an ovary left but it’s working, she’s still fairly young and has obviously inherited Kelly’s fertility. Who knows how many kids the Bates and Duggar daughters would have if they would all avoid contraception? (Michael excluded). My assumption would be that at first they didn’t know how Erin’s body would work after removing a lot of her ovaries and they thought the chances of getting pregnant were slim. Later it turned out that was not the case. Has there been talk about the chances of getting pregnant after Finley? I’m no doctor, but I would think that if you menstruate, even if not totally regularly, that means you’re able to conceive, especially if you have sex regularly and want to get pregnant. I think Erin belongs to that category. 

Not an expert on fertility but I think based on my experience with ovary removal and an eventual hysterectomy, Erin's fertility might be affected in that she has fewer fertile years because she simply has fewer eggs now. 

The question at first might have been would her remaining ovary of portion of an ovary continue to function. After my hysterectomy they left my left ovary and said the hope was that it would "wake up" and continue to function in terms of hormones so that I would not immediately go into full on menopause. Old lefty never did wake back up. So maybe that is the "surprise" of Finley. She's 32 now so I would guess she still has a few years left of viable fertility even with a diminished number of eggs.

• Upvote 6

Erin could be having help from a fertility doctor to increase her chances of conceiving, I thought that with her miracle baby

Ugh, this announcement really made me annoyed - Erin just really really rubs me the wrong way. And if she spoiled Tiffany’s announcement, it shows she’s even more selfish. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

46 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

How fertile IS she??

No, because Brooklyn referenced "Lawson's baby" and Lawson and Tiffany just visited. I actually thought Erin seemed pregnant in the video from L&T's visit. 

I think there is a 3rd Bates announcement coming tomorrow. I think they were timed. Lawson (supposed to be) yesterday, Erin today and then someone else tomorrow. Josie maybe? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Keys said:

Ugh, this announcement really made me annoyed - Erin just really really rubs me the wrong way. And if she spoiled Tiffany’s announcement, it shows she’s even more selfish. 

She has a history of being over the top annoying with baby stuff. She's already annoying but when it comes to babies, she is on a whole other level. I can buy producer manipulation that she announced one pregnancy during Carlin and Evan's wedding reception on the show, but she also did a gender reveal during the same weekend as Nathan and Esther's wedding. Now she has possibly revealed Tiffany's first pregnancy by not editing out a comment (badly kept secret, but still). 

I think she and Carlin are very much alike (as well as Lawson) with their desire to be seen and heard.

On the show she was portrayed as Erin who wanted to seen as the expert. When there was a wedding she was jumping in with advice from her own wedding. She inundated Michaela and Tori with wedding advice, as well as Carlin regarding locations and music (her "expertise"). When someone was pregnant she was sharing her expertise in having a baby and being a mom. I'm thinking of Tori and the over the top cheering as Tori gave birth or the shocked way she reacted to Josie not wanting to build bleachers for an audience in the delivery room. Then you add in the decorating storylines on the show and later social media. She thrives on her siblings following her advice. Tori plays into that by saying she is not good at decorating or cooking so she relies on Erin to teach her. One sign of tension between Carlin and Erin is that Erin decorated the duplex for Carlin/Evan only for them to ditch almost all of that and redo it in a different style. I'm betting that stung Erin's ego a bit. 

Carlin's attention seeking is different. Carlin comes off as someone who wants to be noticed for being something special or validated. She seems to want people to notice her busy schedule, health issues, hands on parenting, etc. and wonder aloud how she does it all. Carlin sort of does the opposite of the expert attention seeker. She says she doesn't know how to do things only to do them successfully or in a way that shows she knew all along. It plays into my hypothesis that she wants people to not just notice her but to admire her and be in awe. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Keys said:

Erin is the worst Bates daughter in my opinion. She comes off as so smug and better than everyone. I think she’s just as self centered as other fundies like Jill and Braggie. But she hides it much better. She’s more self aware. She knows how to come off a little better than Jill. But she’s so self centered. 

Oh and I don’t think Erin gives a single shit if she spoiled Lawson’s baby announcement. It’s all about HER miracle baby. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin is the worst Bates daughter in my opinion. She comes off as so smug and better than everyone. I think she’s just as self centered as other fundies like Jill and Braggie. But she hides it much better. She’s more self aware. She knows how to come off a little better than Jill. But she’s so self centered. 

Oh and I don’t think Erin gives a single shit if she spoiled Lawson’s baby announcement. It’s all about HER miracle baby. 

So much agree with this. Just everything about her screams “LOOK AT ME WITH MY MIRACLE PARTIAL OVARY BABIES AND MY PERFECT FAMILY AND MY PERFECT HOUSE AND I’M SO SWEET AND JESUS REWARDS US BECAUSE WE’RE PERFECT”

Sorry if that’s over the top, lol. She just really gets under my skin! Also the disregard for her children’s interests for her own aesthetic. Ugh

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

6 minutes ago, Keys said:

So much agree with this. Just everything about her screams “LOOK AT ME WITH MY MIRACLE PARTIAL OVARY BABIES AND MY PERFECT FAMILY AND MY PERFECT HOUSE AND I’M SO SWEET AND JESUS REWARDS US BECAUSE WE’RE PERFECT”

Sorry if that’s over the top, lol. She just really gets under my skin! Also the disregard for her children’s interests for her own aesthetic. Ugh

You're not wrong. Over half her social media now is her "teaching" people to have her same perfect life and calling it a ministry.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Yikes! If that is the pace she goes at with just a partial ovary left, I shudder to think of her with two fully functional ones! 

So this will be what - six? new Bates grandkids this year??!

• Upvote 5

I've said it before, but when Erin announced her health issues, I figured she was exaggerating quite a bit, so she could claim all future babies as "miracles". But maybe I'm just assuming the worst because I can't stand her...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

I honestly don't think she exaggerating..she also said her body was showing the signs of early menopause and that can include a period of extreme fertility as your body prepares to dump the remaining eggs. It is just in most cases the eggs are old and the quality has declined. Erin is 32, her eggs are likely perfectly fine. I always figured she'd get 1 or 2 more pregnancies out before her body quit on her. 

• Upvote 11

19 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I honestly don't think she exaggerating..she also said her body was showing the signs of early menopause and that can include a period of extreme fertility as your body prepares to dump the remaining eggs. It is just in most cases the eggs are old and the quality has declined. Erin is 32, her eggs are likely perfectly fine. I always figured she'd get 1 or 2 more pregnancies out before her body quit on her. 

Yes—when I showed some signs of early menopause my OB warned me that I might be hyper fertile for a year or two because I was younger so my eggs were still in decent shape. Fortunately DH had had a vasectomy and even if a surprise happened, it wouldn’t have been the end of the world, so we didn’t worry about it.  But it was something my OB warned me about.  And then my body normalized anyway lol.

• Upvote 5

35 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

Yikes! If that is the pace she goes at with just a partial ovary left, I shudder to think of her with two fully functional ones! 

So this will be what - six? new Bates grandkids this year??!

Yup, assuming Lawson and Tiffancy are expecting. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Tori is also expecting, just given her pace so far. She should be due for a baby this fall. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I feel like Esther could make an announcement soon as well. I think she and Nathan will have short spacing between their kids. 

I think there is a good chance every married Bates but Carlin and Michaela could have a pregnancy this year. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

The thing I hate the most about their mindset is that if they are deserving of God's miracle babies because of the way they live their lives, how do they in any way justify Michael's infertility? Does God love Erin and prefer her to Michael? Does Michael not glorify God in the way she lives her literal servant to her family and God lifestyle??? How can Michael possibly feel about this after she spent her childhood wiping bottoms and potty training her siblings while Erin spent her time playing the piano and now she isn't rewarded for her lifetime of serving?

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, gobucks said:

The thing I hate the most about their mindset is that if they are deserving of God's miracle babies because of the way they live their lives, how do they in any way justify Michael's infertility? Does God love Erin and prefer her to Michael? Does Michael not glorify God in the way she lives her literal servant to her family and God lifestyle??? How can Michael possibly feel about this after she spent her childhood wiping bottoms and potty training her siblings while Erin spent her time playing the piano and now she isn't rewarded for her lifetime of serving?

What’s crazy is that I would rather live Michael’s life. I have 2 kids. I know how difficult it can be to have more than one kid. And I know how expensive and exhausting they are. I have even dealt with infertility! Yet here I am thinking, “Michael’s life seems better to me than Erin’s.” Michael and Brandon are able to travel all the time. Michael has plenty of time for her hobbies. They can visit all their nieces and nephews and go home after. They can afford their life. They don’t have to cram babies in closets. I know Michael is heartbroken by their infertility. But she has to see some of the negatives to Erin having baby after baby after baby and never having enough room for them. If Michael ever does have children. Let’s hope it’s just 2 kids spread apart a few years. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic