IGNORED

Fundie Walk of Shame 2

Coconut Flan

A website called the Cut had an article featuring 9 women telling the story of when they knew their marriage was over. Here's a link to the article.

One of the women was a fundie, and here's her story.

“After being married only a year, I discovered my ex husband was a sex addict. We’re both Orthodox Jews, and it moved really fast. We had one month of dating, and three months later, we got married. We didn’t touch before marriage. I wanted it to work despite the fact that he had a very bad temper and weird sexual habits. We went on a trip to Europe when I was three months pregnant, and I asked why he was always checking out other women. I just had an instinct. Then I started to look at his phone and other devices and discovered a whole world of sex that he lied to me about. From there, he went to intensive treatment, and I went to the partners’ program. I asked the therapist how long it takes for an addict to change their behaviors of lying and secrecy; she said the reality of it is that there’s a minimum of five years, and the addiction is just like any other addiction with ups and downs, and it’s something that really never goes away. I knew I would not be able to handle a marriage like that, especially with a new baby. It was then that I knew I had to get divorced. I don’t regret it one bit.” — Carole, 36, spa owner, Los Angeles

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Parents charged with attempted murder for not feeding their child. Trigger Warning: Child Endangerment and Attempted Murder

Full Article: Link

They remind me a little of the Turpin family. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Parents charged with attempted murder for not feeding their child. Trigger Warning: Child Endangerment and Attempted Murder

Full Article: Link

They remind me a little of the Turpin family. 

Sad story. Definitely sounds like them. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have any resources on studies done on couples like this -- one child in a family is singled out for horrific, sometimes life-ending, abuse, while other children are treated "normally"?  I put normally in quotes, because the other children witness what's going on, which is another form of child abuse.  Meanwhile, the parents' public-facing life seems normal and raises no red flags. 

Also, I hate it when an article just uses the term "homeschooled" without going into how the "homeschool" umbrella with zero oversight leaves children vulnerable to horrific  abuse like this. 

Perhaps it's too rare for studies, but I'd like to understand the psychological dynamic. This has also happened with adopted children, where treatment of the adopted child/children is abusive; bio children are treated OK.

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

Does anyone have any resources on studies done on couples like this -- one child in a family is singled out for horrific, sometimes life-ending, abuse, while other children are treated "normally"? 

Donʻt know the literature but this may be an extreme case of whatʻs called the family scapegoat:

As researcher Gary Gemmill has pointed out, scapegoating permits a parent to think of the family as healthier and more functioning than it actually is; if it weren’t for that one individual—yes, the scapegoat—the family would be perfect, and life would be blissful. This is an important point because it helps the parent curate the family narrative in a very specific way.

Home schooling is a major factor in this case and similar ones because it allows the parents to operate without any outside scrutiny. I also wish that the MSM were capable of more nuanced reporting on home schooling, including the fact that organizations like the HSLDA exist to prevent any oversight. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Christian singer Sean Feucht is going through a few things on Twitter.

An account that is apparently linked to Anonymous is posting receipts:

In addition, rumors are swirling that Feucht is having an affair with Lauren Boebert, for which Anonymous also claims to have receipts. Feucht is threatening to sue all and sundry but nothing has happened yet.

• Thank You 5

Tweeters have noted that Sean Feuct has a major combover and SF has threatened to sue someone who posted a drawing of him as bald on top, with long tresses on either side. 

...and "Feuct" means moist in German...

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, Howl said:

Tweeters have noted that Sean Feuct has a major combover and SF has threatened to sue someone who posted a drawing of him as bald on top, with long tresses on either side. 

...and "Feuct" means moist in German...

Sean is pronounced very, very similar to “schon” (already) so I now see ‘already moist?’ every.single.time I read his name and then gag-answer myself with ‘nope, if at all the opposite now thanks!’ 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

@JermajestyDuggar loves bad spellings of names. There's a woman named Morgonn (Morgan) who made a video about Chick A Fil 'is no longer the Lord's Chicken anymore." 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:13 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

@JermajestyDuggar loves bad spellings of names. There's a woman named Morgonn (Morgan) who made a video about Chick A Fil 'is no longer the Lord's Chicken anymore." 

Reminds me of the old joke that goes like this

One time Col. Sanders went to the Vatican to see the Pope.  During their visit Sanders asked the Pope to change thy daily bread to thy daily chicken.

The Pope said he couldn’t but then said Sanders said he would pay the Pope a billion dollars.  The Pope replied “Why didn’t you say so!”

After their meeting ended the Pope went to see the Cardinals and said, “Gentlemen, I have good news and bad news.  The good news is we just received a one billion dollar donation from an individual in the United States which will help us tremendously.”

”And what is the bad news, Holy Father?” a Cardinal asked.

The Pope replied, “Unfortunately we lost the Wonder Bread account.”  

• Haha 2

“Missionary” Jason Shenk collected money for Bibles and pocketed the money.  

Excerpt from Washington Post (gifted link here:  Bad missionary)

Jason Shenk beseeched Christians for nearly a decade to open up their hearts and their wallets so that he could spread the word of God around the world, according to a recently unsealed indictment.

Those Christians answered the call, donating more than $33 million to Shenk for his global ministry, primarily for Bibles and other Christian literature he promised to distribute in China, the indictment states.

Instead, Shenk allegedly spent those millions on diamonds, gold, sports gambling, life insurance policies and real estate in South America.

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 5

• 1 month later...

An awful situation that seems to be just now getting any attention. This family seems to have been evading attention by a Shrader-esque lifestyle - six kids, traveling by van. (Not sure, they may have had some kind of home base/housing in TN.) 

"Evangelist and wife indicted on child rape and abuse charges after publicly begging for money so they could preach all across America" (msn.com) https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/evangelist-and-wife-indicted-on-child-rape-and-abuse-charges-after-publicly-begging-for-money-so-they-could-preach-all-across-america/ar-AA1h3XBP?ocid=socialshare&cvid=2c27636a58af4edf8f3d052e7edac730&ei=10&fbclid=IwAR1euMCflhUJQiEy0fkrFBi0nf-gLXERauz88qefr0ACRs__69oZytd4YWo

The wife had filed for an order of protection in August. There are less severe charges against her, possibly for facilitating and failing to report (?)

No surprise to me that their "supporting churches" include FBCHammond (whose former pastor Jack Schaap spent a few years in federal prison for transporting a minor across state lines for sexual purposes).

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

49 minutes ago, apple1 said:

An awful situation that seems to be just now getting any attention. This family seems to have been evading attention by a Shrader-esque lifestyle - six kids, traveling by van. (Not sure, they may have had some kind of home base/housing in TN.) 

"Evangelist and wife indicted on child rape and abuse charges after publicly begging for money so they could preach all across America" (msn.com) https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/evangelist-and-wife-indicted-on-child-rape-and-abuse-charges-after-publicly-begging-for-money-so-they-could-preach-all-across-america/ar-AA1h3XBP?ocid=socialshare&cvid=2c27636a58af4edf8f3d052e7edac730&ei=10&fbclid=IwAR1euMCflhUJQiEy0fkrFBi0nf-gLXERauz88qefr0ACRs__69oZytd4YWo

The wife had filed for an order of protection in August. There are less severe charges against her, possibly for facilitating and failing to report (?)

No surprise to me that their "supporting churches" include FBCHammond (whose former pastor Jack Schaap spent a few years in federal prison for transporting a minor across state lines for sexual purposes).

Their begging for money for a new van reminded me so much of the Rods. 

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, apple1 said:

"Evangelist and wife indicted on child rape and abuse charges after publicly begging for money so they could preach all across America"

This is simply beyond horrific. "...aggravated rape of a child and aggravated abuse/neglect/endangerment of a child 8 and under..."

We have a Toyota van that we camp in occasionally. It's tight for two, I can't imagine where they tucked away all their kids and themselves plus all the the camping gear needed. Or maybe they just travel to the churches they are grifting from and sleep in the church. 

The mother bonded out, but where did the kids go?  She can't have any access to them considering her charges (facilitating child rape and abuse).  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Howl said:

This is simply beyond horrific. "...aggravated rape of a child and aggravated abuse/neglect/endangerment of a child 8 and under..."

We have a Toyota van that we camp in occasionally. It's tight for two, I can't imagine where they tucked away all their kids and themselves plus all the the camping gear needed. Or maybe they just travel to the churches they are grifting from and sleep in the church. 

The mother bonded out, but where did the kids go?  She can't have any access to them considering her charges (facilitating child rape and abuse).  

Probably foster care. Which is sad because I doubt someone would take all six. They are probably split up.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably foster care. Which is sad because I doubt someone would take all six. They are probably split up.

I agree that the kids would probably be split. 

5 hours ago, Howl said:

I have been trying to search out any additional information. It must be out there somewhere.

I did find that they (their "ministry"?) had been renting a storefront from a (quite conservative) Baptist publishing organization called Sword of the Lord. Sword of the Lord seems to have evicted them on August 29 for "not paying rent". However, the Sword of the Lord also made this statement (possibly later, within the past couple of days): "ALL children are a gift from God, and to harm one of them in any fashion is a gross sin and punishable by law. We are shocked and saddened by the news of the abuse of a child anytime, anywhere. Children, all children, are precious and deserve the full protection of all of us. As a proponent for the safety of children (pre-born and born), we recommend to all pastors, ministry leaders, and everybody else, 'If you see something, say something.' Report any suspicious criminal activities against children to your local authorities. If a child is in immediate danger, call 911. If you are unsure of your local helpline, call 1.800.4.A.CHILD for guidance.” It seems clear to me that more than non-payment of rent was probably known by Sword of the Lord organization. There also had to be some documentation of a cause for the wife to file for the order of protection in August. I would suspect that it took a lot for the wife to decide to file for the order of protection.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• 1 month later...

Sexual predation at Kanakuk Kamps in Branson, Missouri went on for years and this was discussed in detail in the now archived Fundy Walk of Shame: Scandals and Crimes, mostly in March/April 2021.  Just google "Kanakuk" using  "everywhere" in the search option and it will pop up. 

More is being revealed, including that Kanakuk knew about Pete Newman's sexual abuse as early as 1999. 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Howl said:

More is being revealed, including that Kanakuk knew about Pete Newman's sexual abuse as early as 1999. 

I canʻt understand how Kanakuk is still in business. Who in their right mind would send a child to this place?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I never check in on this thread, but accidentally clicked on it today. I actually worked at the MO capitol building early in my career. I was a legislative assistant for a democrat. Actually, I was an intern there even longer ago. It is 100% a disgusting world of sex lies and cheating. I don't have enough time to share all the affairs and hookups I learned about working there for 14 months. 

My former insurance agent was also a legislator and he got caught in an affair because he took videos of them doing stuff inside the capitol building. Our last governor locked up a woman he was sleeping with and took naked photos of her without her consent as blackmail material. The speaker two people before Elijah Haahr, John Diehl resigned in disgrace after sexting an intern. Our current state treasurer was a freshman house member when I worked there and he'd just gotten engaged to his now wife. He allegedly used to send things to my roommate on snapchat that one would not want their fiance sending.

The democratic leader in the house back then got engaged to a woman who had previously been his assistant before he got divorced. Unfortunately for her, he kept up that same behavior with other staffers. 

All that said, I did actually meet my husband there and we've been together 10 years. So I guess it's not all bad!

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Voris, founder of Church Militant, has resigned over violation of the group's morality clause. He's vague on the details. (For those not familiar, Church Militant is a far-right Catholic news site at odds with US Council of Catholic Bishops and Pope Francis.)

https://apnews.com/article/church-militant-catholic-michael-voris-media-23334b31a9870e01aa8cd42ffce1efc2

Edited by noseybutt
  • Thank You 3

9 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Michael Voris, founder of Church Militant, has resigned over violation of the group's morality clause. He's vague on the details.

It almost certainly has to do with sex. 

When it comes to the rest of us, the Church Militant needs to control our sex lives. When it comes to themselves, itʻs all about privacy.

• Upvote 5