IGNORED

Erin and Chad 10: Will they homeschool?

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

Who used to say children stacked like cord wood? 

The Coghlan’s were the ones who stacked them on storage shelves. I’m sure someone could find the picture of the girls stacked in their shelving beds. 

Nowadays all those girls have moved out and they live in a big house with a bunch of boys. How times change once you get away from Dougie’s cult.

• Upvote 4

I've never heard of the Coughlins, but I imagine it can be applicable in varying situations...!

4 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I've never heard of the Coughlins, but I imagine it can be applicable in varying situations...!

Here is their forum. They don’t seem to be very fundie anymore. I guess maybe they are considered conservative Christians now? 

https://www.freejinger.org/forum/278-kim-perry-coghlan-life-in-a-shoe/

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 1

Gender reveal is up. They're having a boy.

Both Chad and Carson are ridiculously excited. I can understand Carson's longing for a brother, but he's going to discover that a baby boy isn't going to be much fun to play with. 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 3

How old is Carson? 9? So by the time "The Silver child" is of an age where he can play properly Carson will be a teenager and won't be playing the same things anymore... 

My nephew is 8 and he plays better with his 6 year old sister than his 2-year old brother and guess what Pain-family, they play Cowboys, Dinosaurs and build forts together, too!! Or have tea-parties and play princesses....

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

How old is Carson? 9? So by the time "The Silver child" is of an age where he can play properly Carson will be a teenager and won't be playing the same things anymore... 

My nephew is 8 and he plays better with his 6 year old sister than his 2-year old brother and guess what Pain-family, they play Cowboys, Dinosaurs and build forts together, too!! Or have tea-parties and play princesses....

Carson just turned 8 and baby will be here in November. 

My husband is 8 years younger than his oldest brother and they have always been best friends. When my husband was young, my BIL took him to the movies, played ball with him, etc. And then as my husband got older they had more shared interests. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I'm mostly happy for Carson, finally they will stop asking him to pray for them to get whatever they want.

Did you all see Kelly's reaction ? she was like "I want a boy, but I think its gonna to be a girl 😣", then she noticed Brooklyn sitting right beside her and was like "but I'm gonna be happy because we have lots of pretty girls here" 🤪

Don't even try I'm confident they know how you all feel, they can notice the different treatment you know ? 

• Upvote 17

The bit about how Carson has "cried and cried" because he doesn't have a brother was too much. We get it, Erin. 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 6

41 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The bit about how Carson has "cried and cried" because he doesn't have a brother was too much. We get it, Erin. 🙄

It was. 

I do think Carson was upset when Bradley prayed for a little brother and got one and then Carson got another sister. But that is also a flaw in teaching kids that God answers their prayers in specific ways. So Carson feels less special than Bradley because his prayer didn't work. 

• Upvote 22

15 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

It was. 

I do think Carson was upset when Bradley prayed for a little brother and got one and then Carson got another sister. But that is also a flaw in teaching kids that God answers their prayers in specific ways. So Carson feels less special than Bradley because his prayer didn't work. 

Yep, I would never tell a child to pray for something I have no control over. It’s just mean.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

This was so weird. Like I get it, he’s surrounded by sisters, but many of us never get a same-gender sibling and it’s hardly some tragedy. 

They could have told him something like most children only get one sibling and he’s lucky to have so many sisters who adore him.  But you know they just encouraged him to be sad and cry out to God in the hopes his prayers might be enough. That is some crap parenting, for both him and the girls who get to watch. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

I’ve seen many gender reveals with kids crying because they announce the opposite sex to what they wanted. I don’t like those videos being posted online for the world to see. If the kid is disappointed and crying, that should be kept in the family. But the Bateses love exploiting their children even more than the Duggars. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

Oh, good. Another fundie penis. Just what the world needs.
Though, at least it will be one less body crammed into the girls' room. 
Any ideas on the name? Australia/Africa was my thought for a girl, but I guess the -a ending makes it an unsuitable name for a boy. Dortmund or Dusseldorf seem quite masculine.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Zebedee said:

Oh, good. Another fundie penis. Just what the world needs.
Though, at least it will be one less body crammed into the girls' room. 
Any ideas on the name? Australia/Africa was my thought for a girl, but I guess the -a ending makes it an unsuitable name for a boy. Dortmund or Dusseldorf seem quite masculine.

MANNheim? 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

My vote is Grayson and then a family name. Maybe William for Papa Bill or John for the uncle of Chad's that died as a child (per the video with Grandpa Paine).

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Zebedee said:

Hahahaha! Little Mannie,  I am dying! 

It covers 2 of their bugbears. Man and home. 🤓 I bet they would go full Laura Ingalls Wilder and go with “Manly” though.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I thought this one maybe a boy. It wouldn't surprise me if Chad has more of a say in the first name because it's a boy. I don't think the name will be too different. I am all for praying but how do you explain to a kid like Carson that Aunt Michaela doesn't have any children and I'm sure she and Brandon prayed hard for a child. Does it make Carson think his prayer to God for a brother is more important to God than a child for Aunt Michaela? And if they have another miracle child and it's a boy. Then this boy and his younger brother would be closer than Carson and this baby. I feel bad for the girls, they just middle kids now.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I am thrilled the baby is a boy for logistics reasons.  There is no way they could comfortably fit another bed in the girls room. 

• Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, Dbm said:

As long as she don't choose something as bad as Spurgeon, Ryker or Gunner I'm happy 

Or Kolter...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I say Hudson Liam Paine. 

I just guessed Hudson William on the Baby Names thread😉

• Upvote 2

Just now, EmiSue said:

I just guessed Hudson William on the Baby Names thread😉

I think that’s a possibility too. I was just thinking Liam is a derivative of William but it’s papa bill’s name, Gil’s name, and Lawson’s name. So I though she might try to be a little different. But I could see her just saying Hudson William too.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic