IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

The first thing I noticed in that pic is that James’s head is huge. Has he always been like that?

It's tiny compared to Jason's.  I never noticed how large some of their heads were until recently.

• Upvote 1

Michelle has always joked about the huge Duggar melon heads.  I guess it becomes more apparent on some of them as their bodies stop growing.  

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

The Duggars have backtracked on a lot of the things they used to claim were their core beliefs- TV, ‘courtship’ (Derick & Jill suggest it was a lot more relaxed than the show depicted & none of the recent relationships have been so strict), pants wearing , access to the internet - they all sport apple watches- and buy used save the difference.

The reasons? They were always lying to create storylines (my default with this family), or realising the show is over, they have to curate a social media influencer profile to generate the cash and freebies they love and nobody is going to pay for a badly dressed cultist ( take note Jill Rodrigues). The Duggars follow the money. 

I’ve always said that JB bows at the altar of the greenback-

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

The Duggars have backtracked on a lot of the things they used to claim were their core beliefs- TV, ‘courtship’ (Derick & Jill suggest it was a lot more relaxed than the show depicted & none of the recent relationships have been so strict), pants wearing , access to the internet - they all sport apple watches- and buy used save the difference.

The reasons? They were always lying to create storylines (my default with this family), or realising the show is over, they have to curate a social media influencer profile to generate the cash and freebies they love and nobody is going to pay for a badly dressed cultist ( take note Jill Rodrigues). The Duggars follow the money. 

I also think fundies who interact with the world simply cannot maintain that rigidity once enough of their kids hit teenage/young adulthood and keep their kids at home. They have to pick their poison. They either get to be totally isolated, rigid, and controlling and hold on to the frumpers and arranged marriage, or they can dole out other “freedoms” like dating with a purpose and more stylish clothing and still control the important doctrines. Whether anyone in the cult admits it or not, kids to have legal agency at 18, and the internet had made actual escape a reality (and threat to the powerful parents).

I think the truly crazy zealous fundies go all in on the isolation and would never have been on the show. I think Jim Bob, Michelle, Kelly, and Gil are shrewd. I wonder, too, if some of them would have evolved more externally (like the Seewalds family who ditched the country life and modesty standards) as time went by if they didn’t have to maintain their quirky image on the show. The Bateses seemed to do this more effectively, but their ideology was never front and center. It was more “look at this crazy fun family,” whereas the Duggars were preaching from the getgo.

• Upvote 7

So I was thinking about this. When was the last time that JB was photographed visiting Jinger and Jerm, and I’m not talking about at a wedding, I’m talking about JB visiting Jinger in her home?  I remember many Duggars visiting CA In October of 2019, and going to American Girl for Mack’s 10th birthday, but since then, has JB been for a visit? Did he and Jana visit when they went to Vegas together? Was that before or after fall of 2019?  I don’t remember. We have seen Michelle on at least 2 occasions in CA, but I don’t remember spying JB. I wonder if JB is giving the Vuolos the same treatment as the Dillards? 

I think some of these folks are putting up some boundaries where Pops is concerned. I think it’s great-

• Upvote 8

JB was in TX for Felicity's sex reveal party but I don't think he's visited LA.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So I was thinking about this. When was the last time that JB was photographed visiting Jinger and Jerm, and I’m not talking about at a wedding, I’m talking about JB visiting Jinger in her home?

Didn't he come with Michelle and Jana to a surprise birthday party for Jinger? It wasn't at their home but I think that was in California.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Didn't he come with Michelle and Jana to a surprise birthday party for Jinger? It wasn't at their home but I think that was in California.

Yes, he did come to CA for the surprise party that Jermey planned.  

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Yes, he did come to CA for the surprise party that Jermey planned.  

Was that in 2020 or 2019? Covid quarantine and isolation has made all the years run together.

• Upvote 3

This visit by Michelle et al has been very muted by Vuolo standards- hardly any reference to them on their social media. The Vuolos want a certain image and while the Duggars never fitted with that, Jeremy was happy to have their huge following supporting him. Now the Duggar brand is forever tainted (and Anna is doing her best to make sure nobody forgets about Josh) I’m guessing any visits are strictly on Jeremy’s terms.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wonder if Jermbabe will score tickets to this weekend’s Super Bowl game in LA? 🤔

I was bullied into buying 2 superbowl squares at work and I don't even know who's playing.

But I bet no one at work knows both the letter writer and Alice are related to Bobye Holt.

I'd probably have more friends if my pop culture knowledge was less obscure.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 7

• 3 weeks later...

Jinger just admitted in a story that she had COVID December 2020 and has not regained her sense of smell since.  She's going to try and use EOs to retrain her sense of smell (as an aside this actually has some basis in research behind it) but is wondering what other people have done/has anyone else gone that long without their sense of smell. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 14

35 minutes ago, JMO said:

Jinger just admitted in a story that she had COVID December 2020 and has not regained her sense of smell since.  She's going to try and use EOs to retrain her sense of smell (as an aside this actually has some basis in research behind it) but is wondering what other people have done/has anyone else gone that long without their sense of smell. 

So long term Covid, right? And didnt she have a baby in Nov 2020? 

ETA- I looked at her IG and it seems she might have had Covid in Dec 2021…didnt they travel to Philly for Christmas? 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So long term Covid, right? And didnt she have a baby in Nov 2020? 

ETA- I looked at her IG and it seems she might have had Covid in Dec 2021…didnt they travel to Philly for Christmas? 

She clarified later on that she meant December 2020 and that it had been 14 months since she had it. I can't remember when the baby was born. 

• Thank You 6

It’s amazing that people like this can still be so flippant about Covid. They went to church sans masks forever and Jinger lost her sense of smell. That is not a minor thing. 

• Upvote 11
  • Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 21

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

It’s amazing that people like this can still be so flippant about Covid. They went to church sans masks forever and Jinger lost her sense of smell. That is not a minor thing. 

Karma for the win

• I Agree 5

So what do you all think is the JinJer game plan? Even these dimwits have probably figured out that "breakout stars from 19 kids and counting" isn't marketable anymore. Book-fail. Podcast-fail. Store-fail. Influencers? surely even they can see sponsors dropping Jinjers siblings dropping them like flies. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

They are currently shilling their children’s book that is $17.99. If enough humpers buy it I suppose it will keep Jeremy in bow ties/Nike shoes/ burgers for a bit. 

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, JMO said:

My sister lost her sense of smell for 8 months (she had COVID February 2021) and her taste is still not back 100%. She tried all the tricks but nothing really worked. She said one day she woke up and she could just smell her shampoo again. 

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

My sister lost her sense of smell for 8 months (she had COVID February 2021) and her taste is still not back 100%. She tried all the tricks but nothing really worked. She said one day she woke up and she could just smell her shampoo again. 

I know many people that happened to.  All of a sudden it's back without warning.  COVID really is a crazy messed up virus. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

20 hours ago, JMO said:

She should try praying. That works, right?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

Did we know that Jinjer is a rock band?

I was reading (grim news about the Ukraine) and discovered them and stopped reading the news to come share my new rabbit hole.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60586817

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinjer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhxisV58nJw

Not sure if we've spoken about it, or if JinJer know.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic