IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Jinger has been on IG though, she commented on Jill’s new blonde hair 

Missed that. Thanks.

I think they are sensible to keep away ( never thought I’d have them and sensible in the same comment).

If they don’t want to comment on the trial, that’s fair enough - as far as we know Jinger was a victim and she can react or not react to it however she wants. I hope she is getting support, preferably professional and not just Jeremy spouting nonsense.

If they continued posting Jeremy eating burgers, playing golf or his usual inane stuff, people would accuse them of not taking CSA seriously. I have no problem with Jeremy being quiet for once.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9

On 12/2/2021 at 8:45 PM, SassyPants said:

In a recent Jeremy IG post he referred to Evangeline as “Evy Jo.” Isn’t Joy’s baby also called Evy? Of all the thousands of names available these prolific procreators can’t even give their kids their own name. Weren’t  these babies born within months of each other? Do better, Duggars.

I have two nieces named Charlotte, both of whom go by Charlie/Charley. Their second cousin is also a Charlotte who goes by Lottie. All three families really loved the name and wanted it. None of the girls seem scarred in any way by having a cousin with the same name.

I don't really get the notion that a name can't be used if a friend or family member already had a baby with that name. I find so much of the Duggars' beliefs and practices objectionable, but their name choices don't make the list for me.

Edited by cacophony_grey
Typo
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 13

My husband has a cousin on both sides and his father who have the same first name. A name could have family significance in more than one family, especially if they are cousins. Some names are just insanely popular and common.  

• Upvote 2

On 12/2/2021 at 9:45 PM, SassyPants said:

In a recent Jeremy IG post he referred to Evangeline as “Evy Jo.” Isn’t Joy’s baby also called Evy? Of all the thousands of names available these prolific procreators can’t even give their kids their own name. Weren’t  these babies born within months of each other? Do better, Duggars.

I kind of agree.

I do get annoyed at some name re-usage. A relative recently gave her child a name which already have 4 in the family. There aren't too many nicknames for this name, so it's just confusing. 

At least these girls have different long names (Evelyn, Evangeline) and different middle names (Mae, Jo).

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

On 12/5/2021 at 12:50 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

My husband has a cousin on both sides and his father who have the same first name. A name could have family significance in more than one family, especially if they are cousins. Some names are just insanely popular and common.  

Both my father and my father in law are David. My brother is also David, as is my husbands Cousin. My husband's uncle was also a David (married to my husbands biological aunt). And that's just this current generation.

• Upvote 1

My husband has multiple first cousins with the same name as him or his sister. They are both named after their grandparents and so are their cousins. Plus his sister’s name is one of the most common names In their culture. It is also the name of their brother’s wife. I think it is a little weird, but I think in large, spread out families you deal with it. 

• Upvote 2

There are so many Johns in my family. And then I was thinking about the middle names of all my cousins and there was a huge amount of overlap because they are the super common middle names. Like Marie and Lynn. 

• Upvote 2

My dad was a bit miffed that we didn’t use his name in some capacity (first or middle) for my son. I kind of understood, and if I’d had another kid, probably would have used it as a middle. Seriously though, my older half brother is a jr, my younger brother has my dad’s name as a middle, my nephew has it as a middle. It’s not like there was a lack of usage! 

On the other side of the family, my aunt has the same name as my grandma and my cousin and I both have it as a middle, so I guess we all like reusing names. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

My dad was a bit miffed that we didn’t use his name in some capacity (first or middle) for my son. I kind of understood, and if I’d had another kid, probably would have used it as a middle. Seriously though, my older half brother is a jr, my younger brother has my dad’s name as a middle, my nephew has it as a middle. It’s not like there was a lack of usage! 

On the other side of the family, my aunt has the same name as my grandma and my cousin and I both have it as a middle, so I guess we all like reusing names. 

My dad was the opposite. When I was pregnant with my oldest (didn’t find out the sex) we had a rather awkward conversation during which he told me to please not name a son after him. As he has a very English name and it had to be bilingual, it hadn’t occurred to me, but I appreciated the thought….! 😂 

Turns out we have named our kids after a few family members, but we didn’t actually remember at the time, so I don’t think it counts.

My daughter has a middle name that is very similar to my mum’s name, but isn’t actually named after her. It is a lovely name, bilingual, works well with the first name and fit my naming theme (that nobody has ever picked up on) The association to my mum is an added bonus. 

• Upvote 4

My dad, my cousin, and my second cousin all have the same name, named after my great-grandfather. But conveniently, they all go by different variations (Think all named William, but go by Will, Billy and William). 

All the women on both sides of my family have the same middle name, except my mom, who has that name as part of her first name (like Anne and Marianne). 

• Upvote 1

Jinger and Jeremy are in California. Jeremy is probably wrapping up his current semester, and Jinger is taking care of their young kids. I personally wouldn't fly to AR under the circumstances. 

• Upvote 8

Jinger and Jeremy pretty much never go on a family trip to Arkansas. They went in June 2019 for GM Mary’s funeral. Has Jinger been back since then? If they won’t go for a visit, what’s the likelihood they’d return for something like this? Slim to none. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jinger and Jeremy pretty much never go on a family trip to Arkansas. They went in June 2019 for GM Mary’s funeral. Has Jinger been back since then? If they won’t go for a visit, what’s the likelihood they’d return for something like this? Slim to none. 

She was there for Jed's wedding in April.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She was there for Jed's wedding in April.

And Justin's wedding in February.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jinger and Jeremy are in California. Jeremy is probably wrapping up his current semester, and Jinger is taking care of their young kids. I personally wouldn't fly to AR under the circumstances. 

Jeremy's semester actually ended before Thanksgiving. 

Being quiet on SM is the smartest thing they've ever done. Can't wait to see what cones forth post-trial.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

And Justin's wedding in February.

Justin got married in TX, IIRC-

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Robert is the name in my fam.

Grannys Dad was Robert, her brother was Robert, her son was Robert, her grandson is Robert, and finally her great-grandson is Robert 😂

John and Richard were similarly passed on but not to that extent. For the ladies, the nom du jour was Sarah, Grannys Mother was Sarah, her sister was Sarah and her daughter was Sarah. Bit confusing when Mother was taking about Sadie....but which one!

• Upvote 2

On 12/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, CanadianMamam said:

My husband has multiple first cousins with the same name as him or his sister. They are both named after their grandparents and so are their cousins. Plus his sister’s name is one of the most common names In their culture. It is also the name of their brother’s wife. I think it is a little weird, but I think in large, spread out families you deal with it. 

I know someone who is number 12 of 13 children (family left a religious cult when he was 5). He goes by what would be his middle name because even though they’re all spread out in age he’s one of seven John’s in his family. It was just a common name they all liked; and kept reusing. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

Fun thing: My dad, grandfather, and brother all have the same first name. And then I married someone with that same first name! (At least one person asked if we were naming our oldest son that, too, which... no. It's his middle name. I have limits.) Also, two of my cousins have kids with the same nickname but different legal names, both in honor of the nickname my grandfather goes by. So to me multiple names in the family isn't weird, especially as an honor name and if there are variations/nicknames.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Fun thing: My dad, grandfather, and brother all have the same first name. And then I married someone with that same first name! (At least one person asked if we were naming our oldest son that, too, which... no. It's his middle name. I have limits.) Also, two of my cousins have kids with the same nickname but different legal names, both in honor of the nickname my grandfather goes by. So to me multiple names in the family isn't weird, especially as an honor name and if there are variations/nicknames.

A few years ago I was visiting my aunt and cousin with my daughter. There were 7 of us in the room and 5 of us had some variation of the same name, either first or middle because it was a family name.

My middle name is my daughter's first name. One of my son's middle name is the name of my father and grandfather.

• Upvote 2

On 12/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, SunnySide said:

I know someone who is number 12 of 13 children (family left a religious cult when he was 5). He goes by what would be his middle name because even though they’re all spread out in age he’s one of seven John’s in his family. It was just a common name they all liked; and kept reusing. 

Hubs comes from a Mennonite family - talk about reusing names - out of my 8 SILs - I have two Anne's and 2 Margarets. (and his mom is an Anne) 
On my Dad's side (not Mennonite - just your average Irish Catholic family - there were 5 kids and three sisters/sister in laws named some variety of Cathleen. (my mom was one - and it bugs her STILL that her SIL Kathy actually goes by her middle name and couldn't she just go by her FIRST name to save all the other Kathy's???) 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic