IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Per the photo on Jinger’s latest IG story, Felicity is a Jeremy clone. Have we ever seen any photos of a toddler Vuolo #2?

I didn’t see a pic of Felicity, only one of a 3yo Jeremy. Was there another picture?

B1E0AF81-0356-4149-A5D9-3C61B99FF318.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

No- they seemed to be keeping the girls’ faces hidden from their public profiles - I was surprised to see the picture of Felicity on her stories. 

That wasn’t Felicity, it was Jeremy.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I didn’t see a pic of Felicity, only one of a 3yo Jeremy. Was there another picture?

We haven’t seen Felicity in awhile, but I would say she looks a lot like him. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We haven’t seen Felicity in awhile, but I would say she looks a lot like him. 

I agree. This picture of Jeremy looks a lot like Felicity!

• Upvote 2

Oh gosh- I really thought it was her! well I’m glad she’s respecting her kids’ privacy - her parents never did.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Very interesting video about John MacArthur. It's pretty sad when Steven Anderson becomes the voice of reason in comparison. 

• Haha 3

I've been wondering if MacArthur was starting to have some mental deterioration.  Perhaps so.

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:05 PM, justmy2cents said:

He kind of looks like an M'kid here.

• I Agree 1

Per Jeremy’s IG, he will be starting his Doctorate studies this summer. No work for him!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 2

I’m all for education. But he seems like he just wants to be a perpetual student so he doesn’t have to get a job. Who supports them? His parents? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

At this point Jeremy being a pastor is possibley the lesser of two evils since he would have something resembling real employment. Not kind and thoughtful employment but employment as opposed to grifting none the less.  

• Upvote 2

I know someone who is a perpetual student. However I don’t really think he’s hurting anyone. He’s spending his own money and he doesn’t have any kids. But Jeremy has 2 children and I wife that’s not allowed to work outside the home. So how is he able to support his family? I thought fundies raised their penis having children to be providers so their daughters can be SAHMs. 

• Upvote 10

I think Jeremy really wants to be taken on as a professor at the seminary - that way he can continue his micro celeb activities but still purport to having a ‘ministry’.

They have another book coming out in the summer, and I fully expect to see the paid partnerships and guest preaching spots ramped up.

There’s no way he wants to be a pastor of a parish and deal with mundane things- he already had that and he didn’t hook up with a Duggar to continue as he was.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

One of the prerequisites for admission is 3+ years of ministry. How long was he in Laredo? And does his little youth ministry of Doctrine and Donuts count?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Sweet baby Jesus, it's 3 more years of grifting. 

I think he's aiming to teach at TMS.  He must be on the golden track. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think he's aiming to teach at TMS.  He must be on the golden track. 

I can't picture leisurely Jeremy preparing lesson plans and grading papers.

• Upvote 1

I speculate that McArther or someone is subsidizing Jeremy’s path at the seminary. He may even taking out some student loans.

He is a minor Z list celebrity that McArthur can send out to glad hand and schmooze  with donors, with his decorative D list wife. A photo or two with them during dinner probably is a prize in some fundy circles.

He can kick balls around with donors kids at summer camp and retreats.

I am not getting intellectual powerhouse vibes from him but I also doubt that real questioning and scholarly rigor is what is required to succeed at this school. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

I can’t imagine him learning Greek or Hebrew. He didn't bother to learn Spanish while working as a Pastor for three years, in a border town.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

I was just thinking about this, and I know I’m old, but I do have some questions. Sure, they could be making some money as influencers, but don’t you have to be a pretty regular sponsor of items to truly make money? I did not see either of them posting or pushing items very often, so that money source seems pretty sketchy. Next, health insurance. Do private graduate programs offer family coverage? If not, are Jinger and the kids on government supplied health care insurance? And, I know many older people (Jeremy is soon to be 35, so older for a student) go back to school, but those folks usually have resources to support a young family, like a working spouse, the GI Bill, or a trust fund. Where is the money coming from?  Lastly, has JV ever had a job other than the pastor gig? I know he was briefly  associated with a foreign soccer club, but beyond those short stints, has this guy ever had a FT job? I’m not seeing any career lacking glory that would be a good fit for JV.

• Upvote 4

This explains why Jeremy can be out and about more than we normally expect and also some of how he could be earning money.  They also have some generous scholarship opportunities.

At The Master’s Seminary, on-campus classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This makes it possible for students to work the rest of the week. For those needing to work full-time, TMS offers a five-year M.Div. track that combines online and Saturday classes.

A number of employment opportunities are available through The Master’s University and Seminary, Grace Community Church, and Grace to You. Many of these opportunities come with significant tuition benefits for student-workers. These positions include pastoral internships, custodial staff, security team, marketing, admissions counselors, youth ministry workers, and more. Students’ wives are encouraged to apply for these positions as well.

Through the 6,000 members at Grace Community Church, there is a vast network of generous, hardworking people. Getting involved at church is actually one of the best ways to find employment. Many opportunities are listed on the GCC Opportunity Sheet and TMS Weekly newsletters.

TMS does require that students have health insurance either through the school plan or demonstrate that they have other insurance.  Dependent care can be arranged.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I can't picture leisurely Jeremy preparing lesson plans and grading papers.

That's true.  Jeremy recognizing it as a problem before he's doing it though might not happen. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic