IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

Jer is cetainly controlling and for many women some of the things he does may be the first red flag, but I don't see any indication this is a red flag for abuse. He's a pompous, controlling ass, and she's a simpering idiot who always wanted to dress up and live in a city, plus she likes him introducing her to what she thinks are the finer things in life (he reads books! She loves "all things classical") But IMO it's really a leap to assume he is an abuser. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

My abusive relationship started out similarly. He even dressed me and I still wear some of the clothes and bras he picked out (I’m barely scraping by so I can’t buy a bunch of new ones). I remember being forbidden to wear animal prints since he didn’t like them. 

Well I hope that you buy and wear some fabulous animal prints when you can. 🥰🥰😆😆

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Looks like the commencement ceremony at Master's University is May 6th. Do we know for sure that Jeremy is due to graduate? This is coming up very soon. It will be interesting to see his plans for after graduation.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

Looks like the commencement ceremony at Master's University is May 6th. Do we know for sure that Jeremy is due to graduate? This is coming up very soon. It will be interesting to see his plans for after graduation.

What happens after graduation? Are MU graduates more likely to get jobs at mega churches?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

I'm pretty sure Jer has said this is his last semester. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 3/5/2022 at 2:22 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Quiverfull is nondenominational movement to have as many babies as possible. While it may coincide with other conservative Christian cults/movements, it's not a whole lifestyle. 

The cult the Duggar belonged to was IBLP, which endorsed Quiverfull ideology, but wasn't the only source of Quiverfull ideology. They also used ATI to homeschool and their religion is IFB. I still consider them IFB if they go to an SBC church. Obviously they're a lot more extreme than your standard SBC couple. Changing churches doesn't necessarily mean they've changed their beliefs.

They stated they were SBC in the early TLC specials. Not sure when they started claiming IFB. Maybe after they went through a period of home-church.

Then Jeremy and Ben are Calvinist so they aren't IFB.

Honestly, I think Jim Bob just goes with whatever denomination/flavor floats his boat at the moment that allows him to retain the IBLP teachings that keep him as a god to his family.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

As Jeremy’s graduation looms, any predictions about where they will end up? I think I read some ideas in the 2022 Predictions thread. Anyway, my guess is a North Carolina mega church. Closer, but far enough, from both families. Decent weather. I’ve never been to NC, but it seems trendy, but still conservative. I think Jeremy did some youth camp speaking there in the past couple of years.

• Upvote 4

I think they’ll stay in LA, they seem to like it there. I would also see them ending up in Atlanta (funny thing, I just made the same prediction about Jill)

• Upvote 1

I think Jeremy has been trying to ingratiate himself with the college and will hope to be taken on as staff- they get to stay in LA and it leaves him with enough time to nurture his sideline in celebrity pursuits- guest preaching spots, podcasts and their books.

I really don’t see him wanting to devote the effort to being a full time pastor.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I think they’ll stay in LA, they seem to like it there. I would also see them ending up in Atlanta (funny thing, I just made the same prediction about Jill)

I can see them wanting to stay in LA, but realizing another metro area --Dallas, perhaps, or Atlanta--has slightly less insane real estate prices. Neither of those are in the top 20 most expensive US metro areas.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I can see them wanting to stay in LA, but realizing another metro area --Dallas, perhaps, or Atlanta--has slightly less insane real estate prices. Neither of those are in the top 20 most expensive US metro areas.

Why would they be bothered about house prices? Jinger learned grifting from an early age and Jeremy is quite happy to hitch his cart to that horse.

The free/subsided place was supposed to be a stop gap- they’ve been there for years and I suspect if the owner wants them out he will have to have them physically removed. It may be the owner is a sycophant who likes having z listers  in his place. They won’t move until  they come into enough money to buy somewhere nicer.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Why would they be bothered about house prices? Jinger learned grifting from an early age and Jeremy is quite happy to hitch his cart to that horse.

The free/subsided place was supposed to be a stop gap- they’ve been there for years and I suspect if the owner wants them out he will have to have them physically removed. It may be the owner is a sycophant who likes having z listers  in his place. They won’t move until  they come into enough money to buy somewhere nicer.

I think they love LA, but they don’t have strong roots there and would love any big metro area. Unless they have a firm permanent hold on their great digs, I could see them moving to pretty much anywhere else that fits their lifestyle. You have to be pretty rich to buy a house AND live a bougie  middle class life in LA or (even worse) the Bay Area - so why not go for someplace with the same amenities, but half the cost? As others have said North Carolina, Atlanta, Dallas - maybe even Miami - might fit them just as well. 

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

bougie

What's that? (English not my first language).

I can guess from the context of your post, but I never heard of this term before.

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

What's that? (English not my first language).

I can guess from the context of your post, but I never heard of this term before.

It’s short for the French word “bourgeois,” meaning a materialistic middle-class person. “Bougie” comes from the Black American community, and has entered general American speech. It means someone who aspires to appear wealthier than they really are, or someone who likes to show off high-status possessions. It’s a good description of the Vuolos.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 11

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s short for the French word “bourgeois,” meaning a materialistic middle-class person. “Bougie” comes from the Black American community, and has entered general American speech. It means someone who aspires to appear wealthier than they really are, or someone who likes to show off high-status possessions. It’s a good description of the Vuolos.

Thank you!!! And I agree, the term fits Jinjer like a glove 😄

• Upvote 3

The g in bougie is pronounced like the second g in garage. It’s definitely meant to be a type of insult and I agree that the Vuolos come off this way. 

• Upvote 4

Pronounced almost like “boo-shee”.

First time I heard it was last year in the popular Walker Hayes song “Fancy Like”.

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, Cam said:

Pronounced almost like “boo-shee”.

First time I heard it was last year in the popular Walker Hayes song “Fancy Like”.

Walker Hayes of Jill and Derrick Dillard engagement fame! Have you heard his new song? The first time I heard it I thought about how amazing it would be to see JB & Michelle's reaction to hearing the newest single from the guy who performed on their "ministry" show for one of the biggest moments of their daughter's life. Other than a brief mention of church, it is definitely NOT Duggar-approved material. 

Lyrics to the new song under the spoiler.

Spoiler

Alright
Coffee cup, cold and black
Wish it had a little shot of Jack
Besides that, can't complain
Just tryna do the dang thing
Might change the oil in my truck
I ain't paying no thirty-five bucks
Kids need shoes, mama needs Levi's

And I'm just tryna keep my daughters off the pole
And my sons out of jail
Tryna get to church so I don't go to hell
I'm just tryna keep my wife from figuring out
That I married up and she married way, way down
In Alabama where they love Nick Saban
Tryna write a song the local country station'll play
Hey, I'm just tryna stay out of AA

Ooh
Well I gave up Skoal and cigarettes
Now I'm just hooked on Nicorette
Trying not to be like my old man
But the older I get, the more I am
Tryna get paid and a little love made, y'all
Hey y'all, at the end of the day, y'all
I'm just another John Deere guy (hey)
Up on a tractor

Tryna steer my daughters off the pole
And my sons out of jail (sons out of jail)
Tryna get to church so I don't go to hell (I don't wanna go)
I'm just tryna keep my wife (hey babe) from figuring out (I love)
That I married up (you're so fine, girl) and she married way, way down
In Alabama where they love Nick Saban (Roll Tide)
Tryna write a song the local country station'll play (I'm just tryna write a song)

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Come on, bae, right here

Said, ooh-ooh-ooh, tryna stay out of AA everyday
One step at a time, y'all
Life's hard, family's weird
Sometimes you just need a beer
Can I get an amen (amen)

Man, I'm just tryna keep my daughters off the pole
Tryna write a song the local country station'll play (I'm just tryna write a song)

Oh, hey, hey, hey, I'm just tryna stay out of AA
Yes, I am

• Upvote 6

On 4/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, OHFL2009 said:

Walker Hayes of Jill and Derrick Dillard engagement fame! Have you heard his new song? The first time I heard it I thought about how amazing it would be to see JB & Michelle's reaction to hearing the newest single from the guy who performed on their "ministry" show for one of the biggest moments of their daughter's life. Other than a brief mention of church, it is definitely NOT Duggar-approved material. 

Reveal hidden contents

Alright

And my sons out of jail

Ooh
Up on a tractor

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Come on, bae, right here

Can I get an amen (amen)

Yes, I am

I don't know, aside from the shot and beer references, it reads to me like Jboob could have written it.

Edited by patsymae

On 4/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, OHFL2009 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Alright

And my sons out of jail

Ooh
Up on a tractor

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Come on, bae, right here

Can I get an amen (amen)

Yes, I am

I heard it on the radio yesterday! Good for him.

• Upvote 1

I like how Jinger caught him making one save in goal during his pick up soccer game and it ended up on both their stories and his gram, you know he LOVED that one. “OMG Jeremy you’ve still got it” 🙄🙄

• Haha 4

The Vuolo family friend Gabby Barrett (Cade’s wife) acted as a mentor on American idol and someone online described her as having the energy and charisma of a pancake. I laughed because I though that was a perfect description of the Vuolos! I guess pancakes gravitate towards one another. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

Per the photo on Jinger’s latest IG story, Felicity is a Jeremy clone. Have we ever seen any photos of a toddler Vuolo #2?

I definitely think that they will move to another metro area.  Dallas or Austin wouldn't surprise me,  I don't see either of them willing to settle back into the rural South.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Per the photo on Jinger’s latest IG story, Felicity is a Jeremy clone. Have we ever seen any photos of a toddler Vuolo #2?

No- they seemed to be keeping the girls’ faces hidden from their public profiles - I was surprised to see the picture of Felicity on her stories. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic