IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Well Jinger gets her big city life for 3 more years…

But she doesn’t really want to live in a big city! She just wants to live near a Walmart! 🙄

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15

She's shilling young living now, so there's another attempt at a source of income.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Next, health insurance. Do private graduate programs offer family coverage? If not, are Jinger and the kids on government supplied health care insurance? 

Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid program, has a $38,295 cutoff for a family of four in order to receive government health benefits:

https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/medi-cal/Pages/DoYouQualifyForMedi-Cal.aspx

However, there is also Covered California, the state's health exchange. The page states a family of four making less than $97,200 per year qualifies for government subsidies to pay Covered California premiums.  However, according to the chart, subsidies are available for a family of four making up to $106,000, or 400% over the poverty rate.  So depending on what their reported income and if it's under $106,000,  they could be at least eligible for assistance under Covered California. 

https://www.healthforcalifornia.com/covered-california/income-limits

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

What I want to know is if they are still going to have free luxe housing. Rent is a massive living expense, especially in LA. Having a free house (not just housing, but a full house) is so unusual that they truly have no concept of what it’s like to live there under normal circumstances. It’s likely to be a rude awakening if they try living in the area without that free house. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, Dominionatrix said:

What I want to know is if they are still going to have free luxe housing. Rent is a massive living expense, especially in LA. Having a free house (not just housing, but a full house) is so unusual that they truly have no concept of what it’s like to live there under normal circumstances. It’s likely to be a rude awakening if they try living in the area without that free house. 

My completely idle speculation is that after Jill/Derek went public with JB’s control of the Counting On $$$ he paid each of the older girls (at least) a big chunk of cash to keep them on the family good side - or at least to prevent any lawsuits and public bashing. I’m sure nowhere near what they should of earned, but in the several hundred thousand/ half million  range each to Jill, Jessa, Jinger, - equivalent cash or trust or property or business to unmarried Jana and lesser amounts to the adults who had been featured but weren’t the main show attractions. I think he still has control of the bulk of the money, but figured having them cash out some of the funds was the safer option. That cash combined with boosts of influencer cash, books, workshops, various side hustles could keep them housed and shopping and attending school indefinitely. They probably couldn’t buy a home in LA. but renting they could stretch it out

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

My completely idle speculation is that after Jill/Derek went public with JB’s control of the Counting On $$$ he paid each of the older girls (at least) a big chunk of cash to keep them on the family good side - or at least to prevent any lawsuits and public bashing. I’m sure nowhere near what they should of earned, but in the several hundred thousand/ half million  range each to Jill, Jessa, Jinger, - equivalent cash or trust or property or business to unmarried Jana and lesser amounts to the adults who had been featured but weren’t the main show attractions. I think he still has control of the bulk of the money, but figured having them cash out some of the funds was the safer option. That cash combined with boosts of influencer cash, books, workshops, various side hustles could keep them housed and shopping and attending school indefinitely. They probably couldn’t buy a home in LA. but renting they could stretch it out

Well, we know that the Vuolos put down 50% on the Laredo house. This amounted to just under $100k. Jeremy certainly didn't have that kind of money stashed away from his failed soccer career. That money most definitely came from the Bank of Boob.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 6

This is only going to contribute to their obvious power imbalance. Jinger has never even been to school, let alone known these lofty levels of academia. Isn’t it her turn? I find this kind of sickening. Here is a very unequal relationship.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Per Jeremy’s IG, he will be starting his Doctorate studies this summer. No work for him!

Well, good, now I don't have to buy him a fancy fountain pen for graduation.🙄

• Haha 15

36 minutes ago, Irishy said:

This is only going to contribute to their obvious power imbalance. Jinger has never even been to school, let alone known these lofty levels of academia. Isn’t it her turn? I find this kind of sickening. Here is a very unequal relationship.

Does she even want to go to school?

I get the impression that Jinger is happy puttering about LA playing tennis, reading books, essentially having the childhood she never got to have. 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 11

29 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Does she even want to go to school?

I get the impression that Jinger is happy puttering about LA playing tennis, reading books, essentially having the childhood she never got to have. 

I doubt Jinger knows what she wants. Only what Jeremy wants for her. It’s the ever widening educational gulf between them that makes me squirm. From the outside looking in.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

They probably do have or have had a nest egg, but they have been living in what was at least initially completely free premium housing provided by his seminary. I just looked and rent for a modest house near their church  is around $4,000 per month (and I saw rents up to $10k), so $48,000 per year. That means in three years they’ve saved around $150,000 or more in rent. My point is that the proceeds from a $200,000 house sale in Laredo would never have afforded them their current lifestyle. Even if they showed up to LA with a cool $500k, they’d spend around $300k just in rent over six years maintaining their current style of housing. I suspect they probably could have gotten by without the free house, but it would have been in a cramped apartment and/or with lots of scrimping and saving and stress. So they’ve been artificially insulated from a normal experience of living as a student family in an expensive area. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Well, we know that the Vuolos put down 50% on the Laredo house. This amounted to just under $100k. Jeremy certainly didn't have that kind of money stashed away from his failed soccer career. That money most definitely came from the Bank of Boob.

Or Jeremy's parents. 

• Upvote 7

That’s the thing about the JB and Michelle. Even though they have a lot of money from the show, it’s not enough to support 19 grifting kids and counting. They can’t give Jeremy a bunch of money because then all the other kids would expect it. But Jeremy’s parents only have 3 kids. And that means they possibly could give Jeremy some money to help out. I wonder if fundies think about that when they pop out kid after kid. That they may still have to financially support them in adulthood. Especially if they pressure those kids to have a litter that they also can’t afford. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

30 minutes ago, viii said:

Or Jeremy's parents. 

I’ve always thought it was a combination of both.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I don't know how this is possible, or if it's correct, but they both have a net worth of 2 million each on an internet search.

• Upvote 2

I’m pretty sure I called Jeremy going for his doctorate! No way do they want to leave LA, and no way does he want to minister to a small parish. Especially no way do they want to wind up anywhere near Arkansas.

I agree with those who think he’s gunning for a teaching post at the seminary (with his masters, he’s probably acting as a teaching assistant now). Alternatively, he wants to be a pastor at a mega-church in a large metropolitan area (in which case, he’ll get caught in a financial or sexual scandal in 7-10 years). Jinger wants to be a low-level celebrity in LA, drinking her coffee and hanging with her posse of besties. 

I expect he has some money socked away from his soccer days and they’ve managed to pry a dowry, er, settlement, out of Jim Bob. I can see Jeremy threatening to sue unless Jim Bob ponied up Jinger’s proceeds from the show. Jeremy probably also has a financial aid package that involves a housing allowance and a small salary in exchange for teaching or research assistant duties. They also probably have side income from the influencer gigs and the books. However, given how expensive LA is and the brand names they regularly flaunt on Instagram,, I highly doubt they’re debt-free. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I’m sure JB forked over some money that was applied to the purchase of the Laredo house. Depending on the profit made, (if any), from the sale of that house, they might have some liquid cash. How much has their book made? Again, I don’t see either of them working hard at the influencer role, not as compared to other people on social media. The caps and shirts? Again, for the short time they did that endeavor, how much could they have made?  For the last 3 years, Jeremy has primarily been a student. He might have a PT job, but not one that supports 4 people in LA. If these people are millionaires (which I don’t believe for a second), everyone on the planet would be one too. It’s not that easy, folks. And if these 2 people are millionaires, there is definitely something wrong with our system beyond the obvious.

• Upvote 3

Do we know where the Masters Seminary crew stand on homeschooling? Felicity will be school age soon, and the views of whoever Jeremy is trying to impress there will probably decide whether she’s homeschooled. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Dominionatrix said:

Do we know where the Masters Seminary crew stand on homeschooling? Felicity will be school age soon, and the views of whoever Jeremy is trying to impress there will probably decide whether she’s homeschooled. 

I could see them opting for a private Christian school. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

10 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I could see them opting for a private Christian school. 

That’s my guess. My final church was a MacArthur knockoff and they actually weren’t that big on homeschooling. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

That’s my guess. My final church was a MacArthur knockoff and they actually weren’t that big on homeschooling. 

It also has that bougie thing they are going for. 

• Upvote 5

I think Vuolo, much like Dillard, realizes there is no way a Duggar could adequately homeschool a child. FWIW, I do not think Jeremy is as academically gifted as Dillard. He might think he is, but it certainly doesn’t show.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12

John MacArthur is getting s fair amount of attention over at The Wartburg Watch, and That Never Bodes well. Which had me idly wondering exactly what Jer thought he’d do with his D.D.  

I used to pay attention to a nearby seminary in my family’s denomination, and it Struck Ms That Most of the faculty had some real world experience as parish pastors before they got. the Sem jobs.  Gets my proboscis out of joint to think of a freshly minted graduate turning around and teaching like he’s Dome Great authority. But what do I know? I haven’t paid attention to how our [sic] seminary faculty Lions in terms of experience.  

• Upvote 3

Grace community church is opening a school in September, seems to be a hybrid a few days at school and a few days homelearning every week, I presume she will end up there. There's also a Village Christian school, for no homeschooling but much more expensive.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic