IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I think I was told that fountain pens wear down to your specific writing style - your pressure on the nib etc.

Based solely on my anecdotal experience - fountain pens are fine whether I was writing in script or printing in block caps. I think this is because I tend to use a uniform (and not heavy) pressure on the pen. Unless I am really really upset I don't tend to jam the pen onto the paper. So I think that as long as your writing pressure is uniform and not overly hard - you should get a reasonable amount of wear out of a fountain pen. This being said, the biggest reason I use a fountain pen is because it brings me joy not because of longevity. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I assumed they got the pen for free since they tagged it.

Anyway, I don't begrudge folks their little indulgences as long as they don't rub it in peoples faces. I think indulgences bring you most pleasure when they still feel like indulgences, not an everyday thing.  For me, its fancy bras from a local boutique  (a professional bra fitting can make a world of difference!). 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Well, the Duggars made their money off their frugality and their prolific procreation. The Vuolos are trying really hard to make that easy money too. They are finding out it’s hard work to try to make talent where there is none. I don’t understand why Jeremy doesn’t get his teaching credential. I’m sure there’s some HS in the US looking for an English/History/Civics teacher and boys’ soccer coach. He needs to pull a Derick. Ben should follow suit.

JB and Gil both got lucky…,but for the Duggars, that ship has sailed. These folks want the good life, and need to look for ways to use their skills to make a living. I think the Duggars previous label of being really frugal will likely work against a Duggar (née) trying to make a living shilling more expensive items. In Michelle’s own words, “the Duggars are more backyard and barefoot vs country club.” 
It’s hard because the Vuolos  want to use the Duggar name recognition, yet want to distance themselves from the Duggar behaviors/tendencies/attitudes/proclivities/ peculiarities-

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Well, yea. And it’s not something I would buy, but people spend that on a spa day, or a weekend get-away, or a kitchen-aid mixer —- when you could just do your own facial with some $3 face mask from Target, or go camping, or buy the $20 mixer at Rite Aide. And I don’t think Jeremy and Jinger have ever even hinted at being frugal. That’s her parents. 

The $20 mixer at Rite Aid will break when you’re mixing heavy dough. Trust me. I know this. KitchenAid is worth every penny if you bake a lot. 
 Also I just bought a $9 pen and considered it expensive. 

• Upvote 11

I doubt Jeremy would stoop to working as a teacher- it would require regular attendance and not provide the sort of money, adulation and perks he is expecting.

I don’t even see him being a pastor of his own church/parish - too much like hard work.

The celebrity preacher route is where I see him headed- guest preaching spots, podcasts, ‘books’ and paid endorsements. He probably still fantasises about his own TV show ( they are the ‘breakout stars’ after all!!).

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Well, the Duggars made their money off their frugality and their prolific procreation. The Vuolos are trying really hard to make that easy money too. They are finding out it’s hard work to try to make talent where there is none. I don’t understand why Jeremy doesn’t get his teaching credential. I’m sure there’s some HS in the US looking for an English/History/Civics teacher and boys’ soccer coach. He needs to pull a Derick. Ben should follow suit.

JB and Gil both got lucky…,but for the Duggars, that ship has sailed. These folks want the good life, and need to look for ways to use their skills to make a living. I think the Duggars previous label of being really frugal will likely work against a Duggar (née) trying to make a living shilling more expensive items. In Michelle’s own words, “the Duggars are more backyard and barefoot vs country club.” 
It’s hard because the Vuolos  want to use the Duggar name recognition, yet want to distance themselves from the Duggar behaviors/tendencies/attitudes/proclivities/ peculiarities-

Well, but they seem to be making plenty of money doing exactly what they are doing - schilling and “influencing”, which is a job, if not a “job-job” in 2021. I don’t know why they’d be expected to follow her parents super frugal mega family rural niche. They don’t appear to want to follow their quiverfull philosophy either. There are plenty of super Christian but fashionable, hipster-lite, pretentious,  striving , urban, attractive young families who they can market themselves to. She’s not super famous, but she’s certainly Dancing with the Stars level of famous. There’s money in that. 

Jessa and Jill (and to a lesser extent Joy) - market to slightly different audiences, but there are markets for practical, assertive, diy, frugal, Christian but not cloyingly adoring Jessa and coming out from fundamentalism, public schooling but still traditional, crunchy food,  middle-class Jill. There’s a lot of crossover, obviously. But there’s a ton of people to click and like and buy. It’s not like people watch tv commercials anymore. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

Well, but they seem to be making plenty of money doing exactly what they are doing - schilling and “influencing”, which is a job, if not a “job-job” in 2021. I don’t know why they’d be expected to follow her parents super frugal mega family rural niche. They don’t appear to want to follow their quiverfull philosophy either. There are plenty of super Christian but fashionable, hipster-lite, pretentious,  striving , urban, attractive young families who they can market themselves to. She’s not super famous, but she’s certainly Dancing with the Stars level of famous. There’s money in that. 

Jessa and Jill (and to a lesser extent Joy) - market to slightly different audiences, but there are markets for practical, assertive, diy, frugal, Christian but not cloyingly adoring Jessa and coming out from fundamentalism, public schooling but still traditional, crunchy food,  middle-class Jill. There’s a lot of crossover, obviously. But there’s a ton of people to click and like and buy. It’s not like people watch tv commercials anymore. 

Idk, I think the Vuolos, in the long run, are going to be more successful if they use more tangible skills. In the  last 2 years, they’ve tried a podcast, shilling hats and tees, and produced 2 books. Have any of these been successful, and if so, why are they moving from thing to thing and medium to medium? It seems like they are just throwing anything against the wall to see what, if anything, sticks. Purportedly, Jeremy has a business degree and some soccer skills, why not parlay those hard, refined skills into a healthy income and lifestyle? And of course, this might require them living in a location more akin to Laredo or Tontitown vs pricey SoCal.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I doubt Jeremy would stoop to working as a teacher- it would require regular attendance and not provide the sort of money, adulation and perks he is expecting.

I don’t even see him being a pastor of his own church/parish - too much like hard work.

The celebrity preacher route is where I see him headed- guest preaching spots, podcasts, ‘books’ and paid endorsements. He probably still fantasises about his own TV show ( they are the ‘breakout stars’ after all!!).

I can see Jeremy wanting to follow the celebrity preacher route - but I don't think he has what it takes to be successful at it.  He doesn't have the charisma or personality necessary to garner a huge following.  And Jinger would be like a deer in headlights if she had to be up on the stage next to him.  She's no Tammy Faye Baker who can hold her own.  She's great a looking up adoringly at Jeremy and posing with a Starbucks coffee in her hand, but poor thing - she seems almost completely void of personality.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

25 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I can see Jeremy wanting to follow the celebrity preacher route - but I don't think he has what it takes to be successful at it.  He doesn't have the charisma or personality necessary to garner a huge following.  And Jinger would be like a deer in headlights if she had to be up on the stage next to him.  She's no Tammy Faye Baker who can hold her own.  She's great a looking up adoringly at Jeremy and posing with a Starbucks coffee in her hand, but poor thing - she seems almost completely void of personality.

I 100% agree.

I've always thought that Jeremy's plan was to be the next Joel Osteen, but he has zero charisma.  I've watched a few of his sermons on the Masters Seminary website, and there's no innate talent for sermonizing.  I think his ego is too big to even work on his lack of charisma, so he won't get any better.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

42 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

And she doesn’t have any life skills, real insight or depth of knowledge on anything other than JB’s interpretation of the Bible. Her daddy has been providing an unrealistic and safe cocoon (too bad he couldn’t do that before he sold his kids’ privacy away and kept her safe from her brother). Again, so damn odd that JB gets all protective once the kids become adults, when he didn’t seem too interested in protecting, guiding nurturing them as children. This isn’t indicative of parental love, but rather, control. Why is JB so afraid for his adult kids to live their own lives? What might they know and expose? We all saw how quickly he turned on Jill once she jumped off his puppet strings.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I assumed they got the pen for free since they tagged it.

Anyway, I don't begrudge folks their little indulgences as long as they don't rub it in peoples faces. I think indulgences bring you most pleasure when they still feel like indulgences, not an everyday thing.  For me, its fancy bras from a local boutique  (a professional bra fitting can make a world of difference!). 

I don't begrudge indulgences if they are genuine. Nothing about these two feels genuine to me though. Jeremy wants to come off as a classy intellectual. He collects fancy pens and leatherbound books and suits because he thinks they make him look the part, not because he genuinely cares about that sort of thing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

I don't begrudge indulgences if they are genuine. Nothing about these two feels genuine to me though. Jeremy wants to come off as a classy intellectual. He collects fancy pens and leatherbound books and suits because he thinks they make him look the part, not because he genuinely cares about that sort of thing.

He’s such an intellect that despite living on the US/MX border for some years, he did not know the Spanish word for the number 11. In all things important and useful, Jeremy is a wanna be.

• Upvote 16

On 11/11/2021 at 8:38 PM, fluffernutter said:

I use expensive skin care products and like nice shoes. My husband likes to spend money on his record player. The difference is we aren’t all pious and shoving our beliefs down people’s throats or showing off our stuff on social media. Did she even want this? My guess is no. I guess she can use her fancy new pen while she’s at book stores signing her latest literary masterpiece. 🙄 

I also use expensive skin care products.  My rationale is that it's easier to prevent damage than to try to fix it later.

My father came from a poor family, so he was very frugal, and I'm that way to a good extent.  However, I've learned that sometimes it's better to pay more up front to have a quality product that lasts longer or works better.  My father never learned this, and sometimes things would break too quickly and/or cost more in the long run when he had to replace them.  I try to teach my kids that it's a balancing act between cost and quality, and depends on the item in question.  

As for Jeremy, his pretentiousness really turns me off.  He is too obviously putting on an act, which spoils it.  Though I would love to know how much they make as influencers.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10

On 11/12/2021 at 4:50 AM, IsmeWeatherwax said:

My items that I do spend a bit more on is coats and shoes, for myself and my kids. I like to have a decently made coat and a solid pair of shoes

In saying that, I certainly wont pay full price! My sons new winter parka cost me £58 from Tresspass, its full price is £229! Hell no way would I pay that 😂

Having a good winter coat in a cold climate is for sure worth the money. I'm like you though, I hate paying full price for anything. I just bought a $380 Ski parka for $90. I get why this coat is so expensive though, it's the warmest coat Ive ever owned. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 11/13/2021 at 9:42 AM, crawfishgirl said:

My father came from a poor family, so he was very frugal, and I'm that way to a good extent.  However, I've learned that sometimes it's better to pay more up front to have a quality product that lasts longer or works better.  My father never learned this, and sometimes things would break too quickly and/or cost more in the long run when he had to replace them.  I try to teach my kids that it's a balancing act between cost and quality, and depends on the item in question.  

This was my parents. They'd go as inexpensive as they could and then wonder why whatever it is fell apart in a year. I mean, I'm relatively frugal with certain things, but there are things that not only will I blow the big bucks on, I might even buy it when its not on sale. Usually this happens with shoes. I know where to shop where things are discounted as opposed to going to like Foot Locker, but I'll pay those full prices (Famous Footwear) when I need shoes. I also use sort of pricey skin care and hair care products. Then again, its not like I'm taking something away from another person by doing this. And yes, I'd rate my Chewy order as a higher priority than shoes or skin care or shampoo. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Sturgeon's 6th birthday party at the big house, ( which looks a very empty house)

Guess the Ms are there at the moment with Michelle and Jim bob, with Johannah and Jana to look after them

And there is Jana wearing pants in front of Jim bob

20211116_215445.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

JereME is done for the fall semester. He's now bragging that he only has one more to go. How time flies in LA when you're living in a grifted house. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

JereME is done for the fall semester. He's now bragging that he only has one more to go. How time flies in LA when you're living in a grifted house. 

That post ascends to new heights of pretentiousness. I can just imagine Jinger sighing at just how clever he is. So the big question is where will they go after his course ends? Stay in California where the grifting is good or move to somewhere cheaper where their brand of vacuous laziness will be appreciated? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

I woke up to this pretentious claptrap here in the UK and it quite put me off my breakfast. He really does have an extraordinarily high opinion of himself.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

In a recent Jeremy IG post he referred to Evangeline as “Evy Jo.” Isn’t Joy’s baby also called Evy? Of all the thousands of names available these prolific procreators can’t even give their kids their own name. Weren’t  these babies born within months of each other? Do better, Duggars.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 1

Neither Jinger nor Jeremy have posted anything since Nov 26. They are probably busy writing statements regarding whichever way the trial goes. Jill, Jessa and Joy have all posted since the trial started but nothing from Jinger. I'm being unkind. Maybe she is very traumatized by the trial and is trying to deal with that. I cant see Jeremy being particularly sensitive.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Neither Jinger nor Jeremy have posted anything since Nov 26. They are probably busy writing statements regarding whichever way the trial goes. Jill, Jessa and Joy have all posted since the trial started but nothing from Jinger. I'm being unkind. Maybe she is very traumatized by the trial and is trying to deal with that. I cant see Jeremy being particularly sensitive.

Jinger has been on IG though, she commented on Jill’s new blonde hair 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic