IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

I’m quite surprised Jeremy is allowing anyone named Duggar, especially Michelle,  to stay with them- I thought he’d be too worried about his brand to have anyone other than the very youngest siblings. 

• Upvote 2

Is there any documentation that JB/M were grifters before or at the time of the laundry meltdown? It seems they began married life as hard workers. At what point did the grifting begin? Maybe they realized how nice it was to have someone step in to manage laundry and JB began scheming for other free/reduced cost services and products? In the early specials, before their series, I do remember JB talking bragging about negotiating deals at restaurants and places as ways to save.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I’m quite surprised Jeremy is allowing anyone named Duggar, especially Michelle,  to stay with them- I thought he’d be too worried about his brand to have anyone other than the very youngest siblings. 

It's not obvious that they blame their parents in any way. I think they just think Josh is a sinner. So Michelle isn't tainted even though we know she didn't get Josh any actual help. Infuriating.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

It's not obvious that they blame their parents in any way. I think they just think Josh is a sinner. So Michelle isn't tainted even though we know she didn't get Josh any actual help. Infuriating.

And she didn’t get Jinger or any of the other victims any actual help either!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

Is there any documentation that JB/M were grifters before or at the time of the laundry meltdown? It seems they began married life as hard workers. At what point did the grifting begin? Maybe they realized how nice it was to have someone step in to manage laundry and JB began scheming for other free/reduced cost services and products? In the early specials, before their series, I do remember JB talking bragging about negotiating deals at restaurants and places as ways to save.

I’m guessing JB was always a tight wad trying to get the cheapest price. But maybe he couldn’t grift as well until there were a bunch of little matching kids to show off. Grifting probably wouldn’t work as well with 3 kids. Maybe he started getting more donations when they had 7 little ones.

I have a feeling there won’t be many kids fully against Michelle. Hell, I don’t even think Jill is fully against Michelle. I think Jill has bigger beef with JB. Or at least it seems that way. And I’m betting Jeremy and Jinger have more of a problem JB than Michelle. Although I doubt they will come out against JB soon. But they will happily welcome Michelle and some siblings. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15

I think their grifting started as a way to live frugally. I agree that they worked hard early on, and JB was always tight and using extra money to reinvest. So I imagine when free help/products/labor came along, they just carried on with that. The first time I heard about them was when Michelle made newspaper headlines for welcoming their fourteenth and everyone sent them tons of diapers and baby supplies. I imagine they just accepted that whenever it came in first out of necessity and then as income. I mean, if it’s all “the Lord’s provision,” you’re entitled to simply accept and steward  it whether you worked for it or not.

• Upvote 7

I think JB learned his ways from his mom. I also think that she helped the young couple in the beginning by providing seed money for a house and a business. I know AR is more affordable and that the family has been in the real estate business, so they probably have gotten some good deals and tips on homes that were about to come on the market. Anyhow, I think JB learned from his mother and he and Michelle have continued those tricks for getting stuff free or on the cheap. I also think JB knows no shame. I have zero doubt that Anna and the kids will eventually be on every available government and church program. I hope Anna takes everything that she and the children are entitled to receive. 

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think JB learned his ways from his mom. I also think that she helped the young couple in the beginning by providing seed money for a house and a business. I know AR is more affordable and that the family has been in the real estate business, so they probably have gotten some good deals and tips on homes that were about to come on the market. Anyhow, I think JB learned from his mother and he and Michelle have continued those tricks for getting stuff free or on the cheap. I also think JB knows no shame. I have zero doubt that Anna and the kids will eventually be on every available government and church program. I hope Anna takes everything that she and the children are entitled to receive. 

I also remember reading someplace that Grandma Mary, with Josh under her tutelage, was very instrumental with getting the Duggars noticed.  The two of them wrote letters to companies looking for freebies in exchange for product placements and endorsements.  One thing I recall reading is that the Campbell Soup Company provided the Duggars' piano.   I know I am not imagining this because I was trying to make the connection between pianos and soup.  It wasn't like the kids were playing the piano and singing "M'mm, M'mm Good" on every 19KAC episode.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I also remember reading someplace that Grandma Mary, with Josh under her tutelage, was very instrumental with getting the Duggars noticed.  The two of them wrote letters to companies looking for freebies in exchange for product placements and endorsements.  One thing I recall reading is that the Campbell Soup Company provided the Duggars' piano.   I know I am not imagining this because I was trying to make the connection between pianos and soup.  It wasn't like the kids were playing the piano and singing "M'mm, M'mm Good" on every 19KAC episode.  

Maybe a back door sponsorship to tater tot casserole? Though, IIRC, their pantry was stocked with Aldi brand soup. 

• Upvote 4

I can remember Josh saying how they liked magazine shoots as they were all given new clothes by the magazine and got to keep them.  That sort of thing seems to have stuck with the family- they like free stuff and have come to expect it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Are we sure that Michelle went with Jana and James to CA, or was she just dropping them off at the airport? Who would have been responsible for the youngest kids at home? Seems odd that Jana, a 32 YO woman, would need 2 chaperones, while the the youngest kids would be left without a female caregiver at home. Would JB be responsible for the whole AR organization? 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Are we sure that Michelle went with Jana and James to CA, or was she just dropping them off at the airport? Who would have been responsible for the youngest kids at home? Seems odd that Jana, a 32 YO woman, would need 2 chaperones, while the the youngest kids would be left without a female caregiver at home. Would JB be responsible for the whole AR organization? 

The picture of Michelle was taken at DFW, plus there was a picture of Jinger hugging her. But you are right, odd about the younger girls. Perhaps Hannie is in charge.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Anna's almost certainly around, Jessa doesn't live far away and could intervene if needed.  JB could theoretically parent - you should be able to leave children much younger than the lost girls with their dad.  Hannie and all 4 of their youngest are a lot older than their older sisters were when they were running a house filled with littles.

Michelle can absolutely leave them if needed.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

while the the youngest kids would be left without a female caregiver at home. Would JB be responsible for the whole AR organization? 

TLC highlighted JB staying at home* with the youngest way back, Jordyn was about 1 1/2 or so. It must have been after they returned to TTH from their extended stay in Little Rock. I distinctly remember Jordyn, in a portable child seat at the table, giving JB a big side glance, kind of the stink eye, about something JB did or said. I hope I'm remembering correctly... I'd love to see that scene again.

*It may have been for one hour or two days... I can't remember, but it looked like something the producers set up as a story line.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Guanabana said:

The picture of Michelle was taken at DFW, plus there was a picture of Jinger hugging her. But you are right, odd about the younger girls. Perhaps Hannie is in charge.

There was an episode where for some reason JB was left alone with Jordan and Josie. He had them both on a large bed and talked about how Jordyn--who was like at least a year from being even a toddler-- loved taking care of Josie.

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, Guanabana said:

If Laura still works for JB, maybe she is watching the girls. Wasn't she a tutor for the children at one point? The trip in August/September with JB and the younger children and now this trip to California. I wonder if the family is trying to get MIchelle away from the overwhelming stress at home.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, patsymae said:

There was an episode where for some reason JB was left alone with Jordan and Josie. He had them both on a large bed and talked about how Jordyn--who was like at least a year from being even a toddler-- loved taking care of Josie.

I think that was the episode where the little girls kept jumping from couch to couch and he was ineffectively repeating “stop it, now” over and over during a taking head with that smirky laugh, and they went on ignoring him. Pretty sure he then went on to make bbq tuna for all for dinner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

There is a picture on Reddit or Jinger and Michelle out for a walk. Michelle appears to be wearing Capri pants. I guess pants are on for everyone now.

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

There is a picture on Reddit or Jinger and Michelle out for a walk. Michelle appears to be wearing Capri pants. I guess pants are on for everyone now.

Really? Maybe they are trying to rebrand Michelle as not a terrible parent throwing her daughters under the bus to maintain her cult status/TV show.

Good luck with that.

• Upvote 4

Michelle is wearing a skirt over the capris, but I guess it's still a departure from the olden days of the ankle-length skirts.

Michelle.png

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

Michelle is wearing a skirt over the capris, but I guess it's still a departure from the olden days of the ankle-length skirts.

Michelle.png

She hasn't worn ankle length skirts in a while. She usually wears knee length skirts with opaque tights. She is showing more of her shin than usual.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, imokit said:

Anna's almost certainly around, Jessa doesn't live far away and could intervene if needed.  JB could theoretically parent - you should be able to leave children much younger than the lost girls with their dad.  Hannie and all 4 of their youngest are a lot older than their older sisters were when they were running a house filled with littles.

Michelle can absolutely leave them if needed.

See…I’ll disagree. Now in our world, yes, I’d agree, but these folks have had a public platform for decade$ that has allowed them to talk about their way and JINDER (gender) roles and limiting woman, so I want Michelle to have to live by her asinine words and strict limitations. She needs to stay in her lane and mother ALL those precious blessings until each one has safely cleaved to someone else. Sorry that Anna did not get a safe partner. Of course we all know that the Duggars were lying their butts off and never adhered to their own purported guidelines. And, yes, in our world the dad would be fully able and more importantly, willing to parent, but again, JINDER roles.

Also, is that James? Whoever it is, he is tall.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Michelle.png

The first thing I noticed in that pic is that James’s head is huge. Has he always been like that?

• Upvote 1

The Duggars have backtracked on a lot of the things they used to claim were their core beliefs- TV, ‘courtship’ (Derick & Jill suggest it was a lot more relaxed than the show depicted & none of the recent relationships have been so strict), pants wearing , access to the internet - they all sport apple watches- and buy used save the difference.

The reasons? They were always lying to create storylines (my default with this family), or realising the show is over, they have to curate a social media influencer profile to generate the cash and freebies they love and nobody is going to pay for a badly dressed cultist ( take note Jill Rodrigues). The Duggars follow the money. 

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic